REGIONS

REGIONS Employer Reviews

A highly driven sales environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cordova, TNJune 6, 2014
A very high pressure sales environment. Answering inbound calls in the contact center. Handling customer complaints and concerns about accounts.
Freindly envrionment
Customer service relations, benefit selling (Current Employee), Longview, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: great envrionment to work at, great customers
Cons: hr issues
Typical day is handling customer deposits and withdraws, see where we can improve financial goals, and get them interested in product. Update and maintain customer records, may include opening checking/savings/cds/annuities etc. Overall fine, customers are happy to see you most days.
N/A
Stylist (Former Employee), Marion, INMay 17, 2014
Smart style was a well managed salon. the coworkers were easy to get along with.
fun boss
Indirect Lending Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 4, 2014
Pros: make own hours
Cons: gas prices
to far to drive to certain stores locations. very important in overall take home pay
Advancements are available, but must be willing to Sell sell sell
Bilingual Electronic Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 24, 2014
call center, very busy, more training for the job would be great.
Fantastic Training Culture, Good Development
Branch Team Leader (Assistant Branch Manager) (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 18, 2014
In general Regions is a really great company to work for. By far the best part about the company is the amazing training opportunities they offer and consistent development.
Regions
Teller (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 5, 2014
Performs all duties of a paying/receiving teller.
Answer basic customer inquiries regarding products while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
Identify potential customer needs and engages in the sales process to generate sales of bank products and services.
Well balanced work experience
Teller (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 9, 2013
Everyday I would come in set up the work area for the day. Make sure all the paperwork is filled out then wait for the day to begin. I learned how to be more organized and more confident in my presentation.
A great place to work people are always friendly and ready to help
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Antioch, TNDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: short staffed
Great Company, more than willing to work with your schedule. Customers are great as well, they love the personal transactions that occur. The managers are very compliant as well, they actually listen to your ideas and suggestions. The company as a whole strives to make your day as great as possible. Regions treats their employees and customers with – more... the utmost respect. – less
Not what it seems
Teller (Current Employee), Mobile, ALNovember 22, 2013
Regions is good for part-time employees or someone who is looking for a supplemental income but not for a career or way to pay your bills.
good workplace
File Technician (Former Employee), Monroe, LANovember 6, 2013
Pros: lunch, employers, employees
Cons: benefits repetitive work
8 hour days
pulling files all day
repetitive work
data entry
Great Co-Workers
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Sesser, ILOctober 14, 2013
Pros: made customer service fairly easy
Cons: lack of consistant direction by managment
Everyone worked with a can do attitude and was willing to share knowledge that was not covered in training. This was very helpful as this area just under went a conversion two years prior to myself joining the team.

Local management changed three times during the year and half I was with the company and within two weeks of leaving to relocate the City – more... president of seven months left. This market area was without direction with the exception of the branch managers. We were able to join together to get done what needed done to meet and exceed area goals. – less
Not a good bank to work for
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: sales pressure, upper management
I worked here for 10 years and left. It used to be a great place to work and I was lucky to work with some great people over the years. The bank no longer cares about its employees. All they care about are numbers. They tell you to do the right thing and then tell you to get the numbers anyway you can. I had a manager tell me to lie to a customer to – more... get my accounts. The daily conference calls are a nightmare. You will be berated on the call if you don't make your numbers that day and everyone from all the branches are on the call while this is happening. They don't care about the customer anymore. If they can't make any money off that customer, they don't want you to waste your time with them. It's so sad because our customer service used to be top notch and they used to care about their employees. I ask for some help with improving sales and never got it. If you have a big network of people you can survive here, but if you don't, I would apply elsewhere. – less
Terrible Place to work!!!!!!!
Teller (Former Employee), Central FloridaAugust 28, 2013
Pros: no pros at all.
Cons: have to meet too many goals and co-workers stab you in the back the minute you do something wrong.
You are on your own; HR will side with management everytime; If you work overtime, they adjust your schedule so you don't receive the overtime pay in the end, so what was the point! High turn over in employee's which doesn't say much for the Bank. Raises are terrible; Being the front line of the bank, Tellers should be paid much more than they are.

Management – more... in all locations should get a clue and pay your Tellers what they should earn and NOT whether they made their goals. Loyalty will get you NOTHING with this company. Management is top heavy and at the end of the day, they say they care about their employees, but THEY DON'T.

Bottom line is all about profits and employees can be replaced! – less
A fun day in the office with the motivation of co-workers
Relationship Banking Associate (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridaAugust 28, 2013
Pros: helping people with their accounts.
Cons: the push for selling bank products.
At Regions, I worked in the call center which allowed daily interactions over the phone with customers. I learned many things about the needs that a customer may have and how to offer a product that would make their finances better and easier to deal with. My entire team consisted of 12 people who were each other's biggest cheerleaders. We were lead – more... by an amazing supervisor who had friendly, competitive contest that ran monthly. Once a week, the team and manager would have meetings where we talked about our goals for that month. Once those things were covered, we would play games. – less
A productive and fun banking atmosphere with ample learning and growth oppotunities.
Financial Service Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJuly 1, 2013
Regions is a growing financial institution that provides excellent growth and training opportunities.
Great pay and benefits
Teller (Former Employee), Osceola, ARJune 17, 2013
They offer great pay and benefits,good coworkers and off on weekends
If you can sell, this company is for you. Otherwise, don't apply.
Team associate (Current Employee), MemphisMarch 31, 2013
Pros: entry level pay rate, benefits
Cons: intimidation tactics to force results, understaffing, high turnover
If you are a driven sales person with a proven track record and have no desire for teamwork, then you should apply because you'll fit right in. If not, then don't waste your good resume paper. The pay and benefits are good starting out, but you can meet your expectations and get little to no raise. On my last review I met all mine and received 1% increase.

Promoting – more... from within is laughable. You will not get promoted if you are needed in your department. Upper management is concerned about how bad their turnover rates look right now and won't approve transfers or promotions outside their region.

Every person in my dept feels intimidated by management to produce. We've been told on more than one occasion (in a group setting) to find another job if we couldn't meet our goals. In fact, a documentation process has recently been implemented to rid the company of anyone who doesn't conform to those standards and we are reminded of this frequently.

As stated by other reviewers, I'm updating my resume and plan to leave at year end. – less
A good place to start to get into the financial field.
Reconcilement Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: n/a
A typical day is very routine and time is manage well from start to finish. I've learned a great deal about the banking industry, being my first time working in this field. Management is good but there is always room for improvement. Co-workers are the greatest everyone works as a TEAM. I love my job regardless of areas that needs improvement, therefore – more... for me there is no hard part. – less
REGIONS BANK NOT AN GOOD EMPLOYER
TELLER (Former Employee), SOUTH CAROLINAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch break
Cons: staff
YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH SO MUCH STUFF WORKING THERE ITS NOT WORTH THE TIME AND LITTLE MONEY IT PAYS. YOUR BE BETTER OFF WORKING AT WALLMART THEN HERE. I BEEN IN BANKING FOR SEVEN YEARS AND WORKED AT QUITE A FEW AND THIS IS THE WORST BANK I EVER WORKED FOR. EVERYONE SEEMED LOST AND DISFUNCTIONAL AND THERE'S DEFINELTY NO TEAMWORK.