REGIONS

REGIONS Employer Reviews

Fantastic Training Culture, Good Development
Branch Team Leader (Assistant Branch Manager) (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 18, 2014
In general Regions is a really great company to work for. By far the best part about the company is the amazing training opportunities they offer and consistent development.
Regions
Teller (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 5, 2014
Performs all duties of a paying/receiving teller.
Answer basic customer inquiries regarding products while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
Identify potential customer needs and engages in the sales process to generate sales of bank products and services.
Well balanced work experience
Teller (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 9, 2013
Everyday I would come in set up the work area for the day. Make sure all the paperwork is filled out then wait for the day to begin. I learned how to be more organized and more confident in my presentation.
A great place to work people are always friendly and ready to help
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Antioch, TNDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: short staffed
Great Company, more than willing to work with your schedule. Customers are great as well, they love the personal transactions that occur. The managers are very compliant as well, they actually listen to your ideas and suggestions. The company as a whole strives to make your day as great as possible. Regions treats their employees and customers with – more... the utmost respect. – less
Not what it seems
Teller (Current Employee), Mobile, ALNovember 22, 2013
Regions is good for part-time employees or someone who is looking for a supplemental income but not for a career or way to pay your bills.
good workplace
File Technician (Former Employee), Monroe, LANovember 6, 2013
Pros: lunch, employers, employees
Cons: benefits repetitive work
8 hour days
pulling files all day
repetitive work
data entry
Great Co-Workers
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Sesser, ILOctober 14, 2013
Pros: made customer service fairly easy
Cons: lack of consistant direction by managment
Everyone worked with a can do attitude and was willing to share knowledge that was not covered in training. This was very helpful as this area just under went a conversion two years prior to myself joining the team.

Local management changed three times during the year and half I was with the company and within two weeks of leaving to relocate the City – more... president of seven months left. This market area was without direction with the exception of the branch managers. We were able to join together to get done what needed done to meet and exceed area goals. – less
Not a good bank to work for
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: sales pressure, upper management
I worked here for 10 years and left. It used to be a great place to work and I was lucky to work with some great people over the years. The bank no longer cares about its employees. All they care about are numbers. They tell you to do the right thing and then tell you to get the numbers anyway you can. I had a manager tell me to lie to a customer to – more... get my accounts. The daily conference calls are a nightmare. You will be berated on the call if you don't make your numbers that day and everyone from all the branches are on the call while this is happening. They don't care about the customer anymore. If they can't make any money off that customer, they don't want you to waste your time with them. It's so sad because our customer service used to be top notch and they used to care about their employees. I ask for some help with improving sales and never got it. If you have a big network of people you can survive here, but if you don't, I would apply elsewhere. – less
Terrible Place to work!!!!!!!
Teller (Former Employee), Central FloridaAugust 28, 2013
Pros: no pros at all.
Cons: have to meet too many goals and co-workers stab you in the back the minute you do something wrong.
You are on your own; HR will side with management everytime; If you work overtime, they adjust your schedule so you don't receive the overtime pay in the end, so what was the point! High turn over in employee's which doesn't say much for the Bank. Raises are terrible; Being the front line of the bank, Tellers should be paid much more than they are.

Management – more... in all locations should get a clue and pay your Tellers what they should earn and NOT whether they made their goals. Loyalty will get you NOTHING with this company. Management is top heavy and at the end of the day, they say they care about their employees, but THEY DON'T.

Bottom line is all about profits and employees can be replaced! – less
A fun day in the office with the motivation of co-workers
Relationship Banking Associate (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridaAugust 28, 2013
Pros: helping people with their accounts.
Cons: the push for selling bank products.
At Regions, I worked in the call center which allowed daily interactions over the phone with customers. I learned many things about the needs that a customer may have and how to offer a product that would make their finances better and easier to deal with. My entire team consisted of 12 people who were each other's biggest cheerleaders. We were lead – more... by an amazing supervisor who had friendly, competitive contest that ran monthly. Once a week, the team and manager would have meetings where we talked about our goals for that month. Once those things were covered, we would play games. – less
A productive and fun banking atmosphere with ample learning and growth oppotunities.
Financial Service Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJuly 1, 2013
Regions is a growing financial institution that provides excellent growth and training opportunities.
Great pay and benefits
Teller (Former Employee), Osceola, ARJune 17, 2013
They offer great pay and benefits,good coworkers and off on weekends
If you can sell, this company is for you. Otherwise, don't apply.
Team associate (Current Employee), MemphisMarch 31, 2013
Pros: entry level pay rate, benefits
Cons: intimidation tactics to force results, understaffing, high turnover
If you are a driven sales person with a proven track record and have no desire for teamwork, then you should apply because you'll fit right in. If not, then don't waste your good resume paper. The pay and benefits are good starting out, but you can meet your expectations and get little to no raise. On my last review I met all mine and received 1% increase.

Promoting – more... from within is laughable. You will not get promoted if you are needed in your department. Upper management is concerned about how bad their turnover rates look right now and won't approve transfers or promotions outside their region.

Every person in my dept feels intimidated by management to produce. We've been told on more than one occasion (in a group setting) to find another job if we couldn't meet our goals. In fact, a documentation process has recently been implemented to rid the company of anyone who doesn't conform to those standards and we are reminded of this frequently.

As stated by other reviewers, I'm updating my resume and plan to leave at year end. – less
A good place to start to get into the financial field.
Reconcilement Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: n/a
A typical day is very routine and time is manage well from start to finish. I've learned a great deal about the banking industry, being my first time working in this field. Management is good but there is always room for improvement. Co-workers are the greatest everyone works as a TEAM. I love my job regardless of areas that needs improvement, therefore – more... for me there is no hard part. – less
REGIONS BANK NOT AN GOOD EMPLOYER
TELLER (Former Employee), SOUTH CAROLINAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch break
Cons: staff
YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH SO MUCH STUFF WORKING THERE ITS NOT WORTH THE TIME AND LITTLE MONEY IT PAYS. YOUR BE BETTER OFF WORKING AT WALLMART THEN HERE. I BEEN IN BANKING FOR SEVEN YEARS AND WORKED AT QUITE A FEW AND THIS IS THE WORST BANK I EVER WORKED FOR. EVERYONE SEEMED LOST AND DISFUNCTIONAL AND THERE'S DEFINELTY NO TEAMWORK.
ask yourself why they are always hiring..hint its not because of constant advancement like they try to tell you
relationship banking assoc/ call center (Former Employee), memphis,TNOctober 17, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
I was so surprised to see all these great reviews but I guess like any job it depends on which area you work in. I work in the Memphis call center and I must say out of all the financial institutions I have worked for I dislike Regions the most. I took the job thinking I could handle quality and sales goals since I had previously worked at a similar – more... job but Regions is a whole other ball game. They push sales to the extreme..higher than customer service of course they won't say that but it's pretty obvious by how they grade your "quality" monthly. Sales points hold the most weight by far. A day doesn't go by that I don't get a customer who complains about not being properly explained the fees associated with their account when they opened it and I believe them when they say it because regions pushes sales so much that employees tend to withhold information to get the sale so they have a job...terrible customer service and not fair to customer nor employee. Everyone who was in my training class hates it already..some have even left and I'm right behind them and we only started a few months ago btw. Regions also has continual system issues, fraud and bank errors..more than any other bank I have worked for and they rarely are willing to help out customers with fees even if it has been over a year since one was given..managers have the ability to override system and refuse to do so even when I feel it could have been done..had to practically beg on the customers behalf. I understand sales is what makes a business grow but Regions sets the bar too high for me. I prefer to work for an employer who really puts the customer first..not just say they do. I'm so desperate to leave I'm willing take a pay cut they should title this job sales associate because it's much more sales than customer service..why do you think the turnover is so high..the only good thing is that you are commissioned for your sales IF somebody else hasn't already referred it in the last 90 days even if it was your convo that got them to agree to the service. Someone tried to warn me but I didn't listen. – less
Very unfair in treatment of staff members.
Teller (Former Employee), Rome, GAAugust 13, 2012
I had never worked in a hostile work situation until this job and hope to never again be put in these types of situations. Too much politics to be able to be productive.
workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2012
Pros: employee recognition
Cons: focus on sales and not on customer service
Company is a good company to work for. They are very goal oriented and work with the employees to achieve the company goal.
Enjoyable and a great experience
TeleBanking Associate (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 6, 2012
Help a customer with their statement and explain different ways they could save money and place customers in accounts that would help them manage their accounts.
good company
Teller II/Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 28, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
love working for this company, learned alot while i was employed there