Regis Corporation

Regis Corporation United States Employee Reviews

typical day working at famous hair
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Johns Island, SCApril 8, 2015
Pros: tips, employee discount, paid vacation
Cons: healthcare was not that great, not payed enough for all the duties we had to do, not enough vacation time
The morning shift you clock in fifteen mintues before your shift,count the register and print out the salon dashboard. Also make sure the salon is clean and towels are folded. When it's time to open you unlock the door and greet clients with a warm smile as they come in and register them into the computer. You take your client back if your not currently busy or give a estimated wait time. You introduce yourself to your client and discuss what services you are performing for them. I performed the service to the best of my abilty. In between clients the phone would ring so you would answer it but, my co workers and i took turns and if you were by yourself you would have to stop and still answer the phone. Sometimes depending on how busy you are that day you have to multitask.If you had a chance to take a break you would clock out for a thirty minute lunch. Then you would clock back in from break. Towards the end of the day i may have cleaned or done more clients. As it got close to my shift ending i would clean up my station, clock out and ask my manager if there was anything else she needed before i left. My manager did her job well and treated all of us fairly. My coworkers and i got along very well so it made a relaxed atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is the customer service, multitasking (stoping in the middle of your service to answer the phone or check people in). The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know clients and developing a friendship with them. It made me look forward to seeing my clients because i would enjoy our conversations which always resulted into laughter. I have learned to deal with people in bad and good situations and i also learned without clients i wouldn't have a job.
Excellent Source of walkinns poor source of equality edugecation and management
Stylist/ Master Stylist (Former Employee), LAApril 7, 2015
Pros: close to my house and i got paid hourly when not comission
Cons: impossible stressful environment with childdish inappropriater manager.
A typical day was very laid back and slow most of the time.. I would average 2 to 3 clients a day. Walk inns were mostly out of townwers who stopped by and never returned. If the customer was local I would have about a 70 % return rate . The turn over rate in that salon was outrageous I saw many come and go while I was there. it is very hard to work for a boss who is so unorganized and childish. there was absolutely no form of motivation or team work. the boss creates the drama there and if you don't participate in the absurd drama you don't fit in and you wind up getting skipped on the walk-in list. I have never worked at a place so unfair and unequal in my life . I stayed there to better my skills and support my family and tried to advance my skills to further my career .. now I have almost 3 years under my belt and am looking for a place to plant my roots for years to come. Moving up in this industry is a must for me because I hope to one day be a stylist educator.
NO RAISES EVER!
Stylist (Former Employee), Concord NCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: a place to work!
Cons: dont appreciate "real stylist"
This company is a multi-million dollar company and starting stylist off with minimum wage is horrible. Its a hourly and commission salon... basically you have to make at certain amount of money DAILY to make commission! No people come in NO COMMISSION! You should be paid based upon your SKILLS! You meet ALL hair types and its a BONUS. You have to answer phone, sell product, assist guest coming JUST to purchase products ALL WHILE YOU HAVE A GUEST IN THE CHAIR! Its not fair for THE CLIENT to have to wait while you answer the phone and talk to a guest with questions about "WHATEVER" This COMPANY has a really BAD turnover rate with atleast 10 different stylist within my 2yrs here!
Upper management is horrible
Manager, stylist (Former Employee), danbury ctMarch 11, 2015
Cons: no breaks, horrible schedule, horrible pay, ran very poorly
there is no room to grow in this company and they do not care about the employees. Horrible schedule horrible upper management. No people skills in the higher ups and no empathy. They consider employees disposable and replaceable. The harder you work the worse off you are. They also don't care about employees having families. I barely saw my kids for little pay and working for someone who was not personable at all. Best thing I ever did was leave.
Clean work space, team oriented
Receptionist/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: meeting all the different people, being able to work at different locations and being involved with different community events
Cons: no raises, upper management didn't always do their part, corporate was unable to handle certain issues
A work day consist of answering several phones calls, customer service, as well as assisting my staff with issues they may have been having with a customer or with an employment issue, ordering, scheduling etc. My co-workers were amazing, always on time and very giving. Upper management was very lenient which made it harder for me as a supervisor to implement certain company policies.
HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stylist(Smartstyle) (Current Employee), henderson, nvMarch 4, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: unprofessional coworkers, favoritism, childish behavior, money hungry
When I first got hired everyone was pleasant and nice. Gradually as my time working there slowly progressed everyone started to show their true nature. One minute everyone was helpful and nice the next minute everyone started to act as if you are the bad. guy I've been nothing but nice and professional at work doing my job at my best. Now I feel uncomfortable and dread going to work because of the tension I feel in the air. When all of my coworkers, my manager, and myself are on the floor they all tend to go in the break room and talk among each other while leaving me on the floor by myself as if they were talking about me. I even had one of the coworkers threw a tantrum toward me only because she decided to leave me on the floor by myself and I decided to fish for customers and when one came to me for a haircut my coworker accused me of taking her turn. My coworker told me she was going make a simple phone call, but she never returned to the floor until after the fact she saw someone in my chair. This place is just like beauty school where a lot of childishness takes place. I'm definitely going to go else where and not stay in place. Whats so sad is that majority of these coworkers are much older than I am.
Good tips, paid vacation but business and hours were not consistent
Shift Manager and Stylist (Former Employee), Clayton, OHMarch 1, 2015
Pros: paid vacation every year and tips
Cons: inconsistent hours, professionalism, and very slow times of business
I worked for Regis at a Supercuts for over two years and overall I had a good experience. I only stayed that long because of the money. With tips some days I could make $15 or $20/ hr but also days where you could do 3 haircuts and make $12 that day in tips. It was good money for being young and right out of beauty school. The hardest part of the job was being pressured to up-sell, dealing with difficult clients, and the company in general. The hours also became a problem for me. After two years of working there I was having less hours a week then when I had started. Business was inconsistent, you could be rushed one day and make good money; the next day you could be sent home early or only do a few haircuts in a shift. If I were to work in a franchise salon again it would be in a much busier location with consistent business. Being sent home at lunch time or afternoon when you were scheduled til 5 or 6 was not uncommon. The company could have been way more professional. Communication was definitely needing improvement. They had managers who did not have a managing license, be managers for years until they cracked down on it. If you were the young person and knew how to close expect to be closing all the time. Managers were suppose to close at least twice a week and would leave extra early and close more like once or twice a month. The management was not great and made me not want to move up in the company. Managers only make $2 extra an hour but have way more workload. Not worth it. So overall I would recommend Regis for a young person right out of school because it was good experience, money and will get you well rounded in skills but not a company I would invest a future in.
Regis is not that great a place to work
stylist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: clients, learning new hair techniques
Cons: nasty managers, low wages, no help, showing favor to certain stylists
For stylist just coming out of school it is a great place to get experience with clients but, you will not stay long , I experienced the same thing that a lot of the other reviews stated low wages, drama amongst the stylist and the manager . Rude manager, their unwillingness to help the new stylist , being told I do not have to help you and you need to find own way .
enjoyed this job alot
Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2015
I advanced pretty quickly at this company. daily opportunities to meet new people and achieve new goals. Upper management never hesitated to applaude our efforts and offer suggestions on improvement
Terrible company to work for.
Stylist (Former Employee), ArkansasJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: no money no benefits
I worked for Regis for 4 years and it was terrible. The rules were constantly changing, pay was terrible, no chance for a raise or advancement, very high turn over. A typical day at work was very slow, but on a rare good day there were many opportunities to learn due to the amount of walk in clientele. My coworkers were the only good part of the job. Management treated us like we were disposable.
Regis
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Portage MiJanuary 26, 2015
This was a good place for me to start building my clientele. The pay was not great at all. I had made over double the pay once I started at Eve. Cutting hair till 10pm during the holiday hours was not a great fit for my family either.
I enjoyed the various clients from all walks off life I met.
Stylist/Colorist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: wide product line and great employee discount on them.
Cons: no healthcare.
A typical day is always a fun day if I can perform a color on any one of my clients. I learned how to use the pastel color line working there, witch I had never used before. Management was brand new, and not bad. My coworkers were colorful people who always made the work place interesting. The hardest part of the job was turning away color clients because they came into the salon to late in the evening. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my clients smile.
Too much work for the pay.
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: you get tips
Cons: everything else
Unfortunately I didn't care for working at this company. The pay was horrible and the turn over was very high
Good if you are just starting out.
Hair stylist (Current Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Okay place to work if you are fresh out of cosmetology school, but its defiantly not a long term place...
Pay is horrible you start at minimal wadge with no raises, but we are paid on a scale (the more money you do in services, the more you make hourly) so when we are busy you can make more hourly but if we are slow and just sitting around then its minimal.
management is okay, they wont allow you to have a weekend off unless you go through corporate.
my co-workers at my salon I was at was horrible. Rude to me when I first started there and are still rude. Un-friendly to clients.

Like I said its a great place to work if you are building your skills and clientele
Wonderful company to in which to be employed
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches and drinks
Company is very employee oriented. Free fruit, pop tarts and fountain soft drinks daily. Management listens and assists whenever possible. Would highly recommend.
My Experiene
Stylist (Current Employee), KansasJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free services and family discounts
Cons: compensation
Most days are steady but others are slow. The most Ive done is cut when other services are offered. Im enjoying the experience just wish the benefits and compensation was enough to work full time. Now some things are different than what i was told upon being hired. Just hope they dont change anymore. Co-workers are all cool! Management doesnt work on sundays so other staff have to work instead, which has become every sunday. Hardest part of job is being familiarized with all the hair product, there is so much from designline which has several different shampoos and styling aids, to Big Sexy Hair, Paul Mitchell, Biolage, Bead Head, Redken, Kenra, Kera Care, Niioxin and Mizani. There is no specific training; learn as you go. Also, just cutting makes it hard to reach commission. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the different people and giving them something they can't do themselves.
money is tight
Hairstylist/Manager (Current Employee), Roseville, MNDecember 12, 2014
Independent motivation is the key working for this company
Supervisor skills and assets
Supervisor/Manager, Mlps, MN (Former Employee), MNNovember 26, 2014
Pros: excellent professional experience.
Cons: none to speak of.
I worked as a supervisor in a three state area. I overseen the business and employee side of all departments. I had 168 employees and 14 business that required extensive travel to build employee and customers relations.
Average leadership
Director (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch. free parking
Cons: management structure
A company with average leadership. Very much a "Good Old Boys Club"
Regis
Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TxNovember 1, 2014
I've been with this corporation for many years. Great Company to work for. The company does offer training to stay up to date.

1 2 3 4 5

About Regis Corporation

Regis Corporation is engaged in owning, operating and franchising hair and retail product salons. The Company owns Hair Club for – Read more

Regis Corporation Photos