Regis Corporation Employee Reviews

Slow Slow Slow
Managing Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHDecember 14, 2017
The salon has no traffic to make a good salary. No training or ceu hours giving to keep the stylist up to date. Color classes gone and not enough help to keep the salon running store hours.
Pros
use of products
Cons
everything else
Summary
Senior District Leader (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 13, 2017
It was easy to move up in the company only to the point of DL. After that point, there was no training on how to become a RD. You were expected to travel to all these location with little assistance.
There was little to no recognition for the hard work that the employees were doing. We were constantly bringing up districts to have them taken away from us once we got them into positive comps.
Pros
Met a lot of wonderful people and was able to coach and build a great team.
Cons
Not enough recognition for a job well done.
learning culture for advancement if one takes it
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 11, 2017
A great learning experience- one you can advance to many positions in the company is so desired. Lots of sample products available and great discounts to employees.
Pros
professional tools and products to work with
Cons
Can be cut throat at times
Horrible upper management
Salon Manager/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 9, 2017
It was the worse place in my 18+ years of every working as a stylist! I started as a manager and quickly found out that the stylist make more pay due to the poor managers having to a of paperwork and not getting TOTF for it! Upper management (sdl & RM) are the worse cut throat unempathetic individuals i’ve ever met in my life!
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Horrible upper management, low pay with high expectations, cut throat
Cosmetologist/cosmetology instructor (Former Employee) –  Essex County, NJDecember 8, 2017
Great. I think it had a great education and met a lot of people from diverse cultures. I was encouraged to go into teaching as well. I miss my health benefits and the whole cosmetology world even though you didn't know what your earnins are every day.
Pros
education
Cons
tips
Account Manager Duties
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 8, 2017
Account Management
Managed entire account database for Supercuts, Style America and Regis Salons Database.
Provided customer service to potential clients.
Conducted and set up meetings with corporate clients to establish potential business.
Fast paced and Fun
SALON STYLIST SMARTSTLYES (Current Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 7, 2017
I have learned so much working within the Regis Corp. Like time management skills, how to up sale and market myself. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people, and them feel/ look great about themselves.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Upsale of product, and not enough pay hours
I enjoyed working for regis.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 4, 2017
There was always continuing education in shop .classes once a month and there was inventives to win tickets to hair shows..and bonuses for reaching goals that were set . there was room for advancement and lots of promotions for us to make extra money either through retail sales or hair cuts, colors,or perms.
Pros
Room for advancment
Cons
Very busy salon.
So/so job... pay/benefits are the worst
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 1, 2017
Love my coworkers and what I do which is the only thing keeping me there. Regis Corp does not pay enough is the reality of it. I always feel like my job is on the line if i am not able to convince a customer to purchase products. You are treated differently from management if you if you do not sell to every single customer.
Pros
Passionate job, gaining connections with costumers.
Cons
Benefits, pay
Productive and fun place to work
2nd Shift Picking Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 1, 2017
Enjoyed working at Regis Corp., had plenty of support and made lots of great working relationships. Enjoyed the atmosphere that was created there and also had a very good culture.
Pros
Free Lunch and drinks, good benefits
Cons
It was a bad work experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2017
They were a little too relaxed for me ,very stressful work environment. They would frequently make mistakes when it came to my hours of pay. The upper management was unapproachable.
Wonderful place to work
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 30, 2017
Majority of the Staff and Clients are very sweet and genuine people. The Manager is awesome and very understanding, she's always willing to help find solutions and better the work environment. Everyone who works in the salon is a licensed cosmetologist taking clients, booking appointments, carrying out cleaning/sanitation, stocking shelves, etc. Most of my clientele was initially walk-ins and the ranking system (order of which walk-ins were accepted by stylists) made it a little difficult to build a standing book. The lack of a receptionist sometimes made it hard for stylists to give guests the attention the deserve, but all-in-all this salon was a great place to work especially as a starting stylist. The experience stylists gain with Regis salons is priceless.
Pros
Great hours, Great management, Great staff
Cons
lack of reception
Do not care about your personal life
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 30, 2017
They do offer great continuing ed. and the commission is good, management at most salons is poor. Upper management cares only about the #'s you put out, you work mostly nights, weekends and holidays w/o holiday pay or O.T.
Pros
Tip
Cons
hours
Too many changes
Senior District Leader (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 29, 2017
Too many changes and downsizing to make people feel comfortable with the direction the company is going. Poor leadership or just plain lack of leadership.
Stressful and underpaid.
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  East Liverpool, OHNovember 27, 2017
I have to pick up a second job now because after hiring more people my hours were cut and i cant pay my bills on 20 to 30 hours a week. customers are sometimes hard to get along with and coworkers are okay but you're working with women it can be stressful and crazy.
Pros
creative, fun for the most part
Cons
low hours and low wages
I would recommend working at Regis.
Salon Manager/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYNovember 23, 2017
Regis is a great company to work for. I have and would tell anyone looking for this type of work to apply.
the only change need is a more competitive salary.
Low Retention Rate, Low Pay
Senior District Leader (Current Employee) –  VANovember 21, 2017
Regis is an ok company because of the benefits it offers in the field leadership position but the overall compensation of its employees could be better. The hardest part of the job would be retaining stylist employees as the base pay for stylists and managers is lower compared to other competitors in the industry.
Pros
Bonus Potential for Field Leaders
Cons
Low rate of pay for Field Leaders, management and stylists
Steady paced
SALON MANAGER/STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 20, 2017
It was a steady paced job. The place to get walk in traffic was definitely here. Regis allowed you to do more services than just your typical walk in hair cutting location.
Great starting point of new cosmetologists
Manager/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 20, 2017
Took care of guests in a fast passed salon environment. Lots of multi-tasking as there is not a receptionist. I managed the salon, but my area supervisor and district manager were amazing, and helped me lead my salon team to great success!
Good company, but Sometimes a stressful environment
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 15, 2017
I really don’t mind working for the company, but it doesn’t allow very flexible work hours and scheduling. And I also don’t like being under appreciated for how much I do for my store. The price cut in the smart style salons is also a factor, for thise of us who do mostly just haircuts, and also cut a lot of men’s hair, it drops our service sales immensely.
Pros
Good commission pay
Cons
No set schedules, having to request off months in advance, long hours, sometimes no breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regis Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7