Regis Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 6, 2016
Regis has always been a great home for my career. They offer many opportunities to learn and grow. Plenty of opportunities for advancement within the company. There are more than 2000 locations nationwide. They also offer benefits such as insurance and 401k.
Pros
Free continuing education
Cons
Na
Excellent Hair Salon
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 5, 2016
Great place to work, with a hands on manager that wanted nothing more than to help us perfect our craft. THe team was like family and I enjoyed going to work everyday
Could be so much better than it actually is...
Salon manager for Supercuts (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 4, 2016
Don't work for this company!!!

If the corporation would actually appreciate all the stylists and listen to ideas it could be wonderful!

I was fortunate enough to work for a franchise Supercuts location with great owners that listened to me BUT there was still a "Supercuts way of doing things" cloud that hung over us.
Pros
Franchises have more freedoms than corporate stores
Cons
Pay, marketing, benefits, expectations, upper management/leaders, education
A typical day
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
On an assignment day it is well structured for inventory standards. There is always an opportunity to do more. It is flexible for a work life balance.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
management
Job was fun but low pay.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 29, 2016
Pay was low and needed to move on. Overall a good job and would recommend others for a college job. Maybe if you are in between jobs or you do not need a high paying job. This would be a good job for you.
Very buisy , and lots of exsperience
Salon manager / (Current Employee) –  reno nvNovember 28, 2016
Manage day to day operations, handled guest complaints, staffing and scheduling , hired and trained stylist to there full potential , inventory control, performed all hair and wax services on male and female guest.
Aweful
Stylist (Former Employee) –  NyNovember 26, 2016
No one in the company is on the same page they tell you one thing then turn around and say they never did then you're the one in trouble, unreachable goals, no chance of advancing unless you know someone higher up already
Pros
Miserable 800-1000$/ month
Cosmetology
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 25, 2016
Great for when you first get out of cosmetology school, i loved being in a mall setting. co workers were awesome to share their knowledge with myself and any other new person coming in the doors.
Pros
great manager
Cons
worked every sat., sun.
Terribly Staffed
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILNovember 22, 2016
The higher ups in this company are clueless. They switch district managers in and out constantly. I believe we had 4 in less than a year. It's pretty sad how obvious they make it that you don't matter.
fun place
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2016
a great place with friendly coworker. fun and friendly place. management very understanding and approachable. great benefit and vacation and reward for good performance.
My favorite Job EVER!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTNovember 21, 2016
I love working for SmartStyle! It's a busy Salon and they offer benefits! Also the harder you work the more pay you get! If you are on commission you get paid more if you aren't you still get your minimum wage plus tips!
Pros
busy, always a pay check, fun to work inside a walmart
Cons
if you don't work hard you don't get on commission resulting in a smaller paycheck
Horrible
Manager (Current Employee) –  MississippiNovember 18, 2016
Cut hours, low pay, overworked, unappreciated, horrible management, unrealistic goals, high turnover rate, typical corporation, always short staff, financial and marketing problems that they are trying to keep secret, lying District Managers.
Pros
A job
Enjoy my Career
Senior District Leader (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCNovember 17, 2016
Regis is a great company to work for in my position. During my time as a District Leader I have learned much about leadership and build relationships in my community, online and with competing business. The management team I work for has been incredible and have always been willing to teach me anything I wanted to learn to grow me closer to my goals. The hardest part of my job would be staffing my stores because many stylist find that our pay plans are not as great as other companies. The most enjoyable part of my job has been that my leaders have always had my back and the people that work with and for me have been amazing!
Pros
Bonus, travel, training, leadership, benefits and discounts, flexible schedule, growth oppurtunity
Cons
Pay, paid time off, holidays
Unprofessional Poor environment No customer service
Stylist (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 16, 2016
If you're passionate and creative in hairdressing this is a place you not want to work in no support from corporate right down to management take your skills somewhere else where are you would be appreciated
Pros
You can get all the hours you need stylist are always leaving
Cons
Horrible environment no one could last
Great Company, So many walk ins
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 16, 2016
I don't understand why people are so negative sometimes. The Regis that I work in is amazing. I have learned a lot working here and if you are willing to work then you make great money. The retail will sell itself. Great benefits too, that is hard to find in this industry.
Pros
Lots of walk ins and great pay
Cons
Need more education
Amazing place to work
Senior District Leader (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 16, 2016
I love my job! I look forward every day to go to work. I have worked for this company for the last 22 years. I loved my previous manager. I enjoy all of the staff I work with
Pleasant environment
Stylist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 10, 2016
Staff is Very easy to get along with
Nice clientele
Good day to day working environment
Helpful with furthering your career
It's in the mall so potential walkins
Pros
Good clientele
Cons
Not super fast pace
Challenging and exciting
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 9, 2016
Everyday was different which was always exciting.
Motivating and educating my salons was always fulfilling and to bring energy in and leave with smiles and a hard days work always felt great.
I learned that if you can relate with your staff and build trust with them and encourage that we are all on the same team, that they look forward and are excited to work for you and not against you.
Giving staff goals and holding them accountable works wonders,
Hiring the best out there for my salons was fun and challenging.
Traveling for and with Regis Corp was always so much fun and the education was top notch.
Pros
products from PK classes and conferences
Cons
compensation
Starter job
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSNovember 2, 2016
This company isn't very good when it comes to compensation and job work/life balance. If you're looking to work for Regis, be prepared to sacrifice your entire weekend and be ready to close at 8 atleast 2 times a week. They don't like to work with scheduling and they don't under any circumstances have a SET schedule. Pay wise, you'll be making minimum wage with unrealistic goals they set for you to reach in order to get a raise. In the 3 years I worked there I never got a raise. No benefits and definitely no room for advancement.
Pros
Free haircolors and cuts for employees, retail discount
Cons
uncooperative, bad pay
It's stable
Hair Stylist / Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 27, 2016
It's a corporation, your a constantly being coached to make more and do more. As long as your strong in that area your good to go.
Benefits
Cons
Work schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regis Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8