Regis Corporation

Regis Corporation Employer Reviews

I enjoyed the various clients from all walks off life I met.
Stylist/Colorist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: wide product line and great employee discount on them.
Cons: no healthcare.
A typical day is always a fun day if I can perform a color on any one of my clients. I learned how to use the pastel color line working there, witch I had never used before. Management was brand new, and not bad. My coworkers were colorful people who always made the work place interesting. The hardest part of the job was turning away color clients because they came into the salon to late in the evening. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my clients smile.
Too much work for the pay.
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: you get tips
Cons: everything else
Unfortunately I didn't care for working at this company. The pay was horrible and the turn over was very high
Good if you are just starting out.
Hair stylist (Current Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Okay place to work if you are fresh out of cosmetology school, but its defiantly not a long term place...
Pay is horrible you start at minimal wadge with no raises, but we are paid on a scale (the more money you do in services, the more you make hourly) so when we are busy you can make more hourly but if we are slow and just sitting around then its minimal.
management is okay, they wont allow you to have a weekend off unless you go through corporate.
my co-workers at my salon I was at was horrible. Rude to me when I first started there and are still rude. Un-friendly to clients.

Like I said its a great place to work if you are building your skills and clientele
Wonderful company to in which to be employed
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches and drinks
Company is very employee oriented. Free fruit, pop tarts and fountain soft drinks daily. Management listens and assists whenever possible. Would highly recommend.
My Experiene
Stylist (Current Employee), KansasJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free services and family discounts
Cons: compensation
Most days are steady but others are slow. The most Ive done is cut when other services are offered. Im enjoying the experience just wish the benefits and compensation was enough to work full time. Now some things are different than what i was told upon being hired. Just hope they dont change anymore. Co-workers are all cool! Management doesnt work on sundays so other staff have to work instead, which has become every sunday. Hardest part of job is being familiarized with all the hair product, there is so much from designline which has several different shampoos and styling aids, to Big Sexy Hair, Paul Mitchell, Biolage, Bead Head, Redken, Kenra, Kera Care, Niioxin and Mizani. There is no specific training; learn as you go. Also, just cutting makes it hard to reach commission. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the different people and giving them something they can't do themselves.
money is tight
Hairstylist/Manager (Current Employee), Roseville, MNDecember 12, 2014
Independent motivation is the key working for this company
Supervisor skills and assets
Supervisor/Manager, Mlps, MN (Former Employee), MNNovember 26, 2014
Pros: excellent professional experience.
Cons: none to speak of.
I worked as a supervisor in a three state area. I overseen the business and employee side of all departments. I had 168 employees and 14 business that required extensive travel to build employee and customers relations.
Average leadership
Director (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch. free parking
Cons: management structure
A company with average leadership. Very much a "Good Old Boys Club"
Regis
Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TxNovember 1, 2014
I've been with this corporation for many years. Great Company to work for. The company does offer training to stay up to date.
productive always busy
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 1, 2014
Pros: we eat free everyday we also always have a picnic for employees and family
Cons: health care breaks
productive staying very busy ,learned iam very productive and management is always there fir me.co-workers try and work as a team,the hardest part of the day is making sure all needs are met.the most enjoyable part is having a productive day
Started Regis in 1989 as stylist. Became salon manager in 1993. Worked multi salons as manager. Manage multi stores
District Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: loved the business and hard work.
Cons: hated when regis took a cut on employees and my position was no longer there.
Typical day. Imay be in Maryland working a store by myself and be called in Delaware that the entire staff had quit, while my stores in West Virginia were calling for a back ground check on an applicant.
Fun Place to work
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Newark, OhioOctober 21, 2014
I was a Hairstylist so everyday was different. I loved meeting new people and making them feel good about themselves. The challenges to the job would be guiding people in a different direction if what they had picked out didn't work for them. The one thing I enjoyed was putting a smile on someones face.
Awful upper managment
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Kokomo, INOctober 21, 2014
Pros: hourly pay
Cons: minimum wage. managment.
The district leaders as well as the regional leaders are unorganized, disrespectful, and deceitful. I had my salon manager take over date, went in to sign my contract and was informed that the position was no longer available. The DL and RL had already approved me for the manager position. I quit my second job to devote all my time to the salon I was taking over. The stylist only make 7.25 per hour and there isnt much opportunity for advancement. I have worked for this company in 4 different locations hoping it wasnt the same everywhere and it was awful everywhere. I do not suggest any Regis branch.
advancement reviews
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: long hours during holidays
Started as stylist and was in management in 3 years.

The education they offer is great.

And I was working with a manger who did not mind taking the time to teach me.
needs some major improvement
Smart Style Stylist (Former Employee), NCSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and gaining experience
Cons: they expect you to be an assembly line to stay on commission- good luck, needs better screening for employees i.e drug testing, appearance is everything - dirty store and unprofessional looking employees
Thankful for the experience but there are more cons than pros working there. . The turnover rate is bad with Smartstyle because of lack of training and unwillingness to change. It's never a good store when 4 employees resign within 3 months of each other. Managers need more training in the areas of scheduling, professional appearance, and people management skills. My manger worked 9 to 3 every day and had 3 to 4 days scheduled off back to back. At smartstyle when a customer has a complaint and wants their money back, doesn't like the color and so forth the manager has to do the correction. People work 8 to 5 and can't get there when management is there. It's a ridiculous rule. We all trained in school and are capable of correcting....
Productive, Expanding major haircare business with many acquisitions & nice people
Merchandise Planning & Distribution (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: growing company, nice people, complimentary cafeteria
Cons: cold weather, cold office, hard to move up
Team meeting to communicate any issues, challenges and acknowledgements followed with MPD departmental communication to review and monitor all weekly account order allocations. Analyzing and cutting orders to fit within budget and, or regulatory compliance standards, especially all outbound Canadian shipments, resolving those issues and releasing orders to the DC and logistics team. I learned how a chain salon and major haircare expansion model works with constant acquisitions, automatic replenishment programs, order reviews and allocations, and the challenges or endless CN compliance regulations for various types of products. How to minimize mistakes, fix them, and stay within budget while preventing chargebacks. My co-workers were pleasantly nice and friendly, family oriented people who loved reality television and gossip. The hardest part of the job was educating certain account managers of regulatory compliancy needs and the importance of timeliness with their order releases keeping the operational big picture in mind. The most enjoyable part of the job was saving the company thousands of dollars and gaining recognition for "saving the day" prior to what could have been major CN border issues or over-budget challenges.
productive and rewarding
Hair Stylist/Manager (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: sometimes buisness is slow
enjoy working with my fellow workers, we work as a team. my job is very rewarding and love making my cliets feel good about themselves
Over worked and underpaid
Store Manager (Former Employee), Selinsgrove, PAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great co workers and meeting new people everyday
Cons: benefits are awful, pay is next to nothing
I worked for this company for almost 6 years and have seen regis plummeting down hill from there. In the past couple years they have restructured twice and the CEO knows nothing about doing hair he's just like running a business blind. I was a store manager and felt threatened of losing my job all the time,the district leader was just a brown noser and hated my store because she was a previous store manager and always had it out for us, because we are located in the same mall and use to be ran separately. She is write up happy and would write you up for anything she could find or make up to make herself look powerful,she does not know her job,and nore does she know how to train anybody a monkey could do a better job than her.the first couple years of working here were great than they restructured and got rid of our area supervisors that knew what they were doing, and combined us with holiday hair and smart styles instead of keeping them separately ran. I would never work for this company ever again. Unless they got rid of the district lead that is awful and rude. The greatest part about my job is the customers and the staff.
Fun place to work
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Yakima, WAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: very fun and enjoyable
Cons: no benefits and insurance and was on minimum wage or commission and sometimes was really slow.
I have a variety of things to do from cutting hair, perming and coloring the hair I talked to people about hair products and let them know which ones, I learn a lot of what a stylist does on a daily basis with different clients. I got along with everyone in the job really enjoy it, the hardest part was understanding what the client needed at times and fixing a corrective color. I enjoy a lot because everyday was something different and you get alot of different customers.
Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2014
I was the manager of 10- 15 employees. In charge of everyday operations. Opening the store to function revenue. Making sure store was presentable. Cleaned and in order. On a slow day when customers needed invited in, I would walk the mall halls and bring in customers with discount cards. Customer service was essential. Products and retail products sold as well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Regis Corporation

Regis Corporation is engaged in owning, operating and franchising hair and retail product salons. The Company owns Hair Club for – Read more

Regis Corporation Photos