Regis University Employee Reviews in United States

Work study job
Accounts Payable Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
A great way to interact with people from across the university. Mostly office work, or general errands. It is wonderful to interact with incoming students and families at university events or as a tour guide.
A rewarding and positive work culture. Outstanding faculty and students.
Affiliate Professor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 23, 2016
A rewarding and positive work culture. Outstanding faculty and students. One of the most professional, inviting, accepting, and enjoyable organizations for which I have worked. A+
Was an amazing job.
C O - Enrollment Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2016
Of my 13 years at Regis University, I cherished 12 of them, as I had the best job on earth. There was a change in management and I was forced out.
Pros
Amazing Community
Cons
Change in management has erased most of that en
Jesuit view of the importance of education mirrors my own.
AFFILIATE FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2016
A variety of courses all designed to provide not only theory, but practical education in various disciplines.

Full-time faculty are very supportive of affiliates.

Regis' online programs are as comprehensive as the classroom programs, providing flexibility for students without sacrificing quality.
Pros
Flexibility and professionalism
Cons
Not enough opportunity to teach at the moment.
Good University to improve your skills and learn more.
MS in Database Technologies at Regis University (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2016
I did my Masters at Regis University. I improved my skill a lot by doing labs, writing research papers, helping students with on-call support and doing real time project. Professors are very strong in technically, very supportive, and they encouraged me a lot. Initially, I felt writing research papers and annotated bibliographies were tough because I didn't know about APA formats. But it was not that much hard because the help of tutors and professor helped to learn how to write papers, and how to format the references. Later, I easily wrote literature reviews also.
Pros
learned SQL, Database concepts, Data warehousing concepts, DBA work and racle Application Express (APEX)
Cons
I love the in-class classes but some courses were not available for in-class at that time
Was best job to have up until management change
Enrollment Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2015
Held same position for 12 years with enrollment services, up until a management change in February, causing almost a complete turnover withing the department. Many of my long term co-workers where able to secure positions within other departments, as the working environment became increasingly stressful and borderline hazardous. The objective of my position was to assist students and parents in everything involving the financial aspect of attending school such as Financial Aid and Student Accounts. It was a very rewarding experience as I had made a positive difference in helping thousands of students over my tenure at Regis University.

Once the new Management teem took over however, the position turned into a matrix based system, placing a priority over numbers instead of quality as students were now also classified a customers. This no longer became the position that caters to my skills, nor the position I was hired to do
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Bad Management
Great school, wonderful program
Affiliate Online Faculty (Part-time contract) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2015
The students are high-quality and motivated. The only drawback is that, like most adjunct professor positions, the pay is very low.
Pros
Amazing environment, well-planned, relevant classes
Cons
pay could be more profitable for instructors
Great University
Work Study Through Regis University (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2015
Regis University is an amazing place with amazing people. I learned so much during my time a Regis University. The culture here is fantastic.
Great place to work. Working as an Affiliate Faculty is a great blend with my other work responsibilities.
affiliate faculty (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAurora, COFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work. Provides great flexibility. Very professional atmosphere. Work 6 hours per week teaching 2 classes. Requires a lot of preparation outside of class hours which is significantly reduced when I teach a class a second time. Other professors are very available and open to assisting
Loved my job and the work I was doing
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 1, 2015
I really did enjoy working at Regis University in the Physics Department. It was honestly one of the first times I enjoyed going to work each day. I was challenged and learned a lot. I fell in love with research, and want to continue work at the capacity.

I liked it because of how dynamic it was. One day I could be using my skills in chemistry to explain a situation in the lab, the next I could be designing a circuit board.

My boss was very kind and understanding. He would be willing to teach me things and would rely on me to teach others. He really lives the idea of servitude leadership rather than bossing or management. And that's a quality more people need to learn.

The only issue is, as it is at any university, is the difference in administration and professors. I loved my professors as both colleagues and educators. But we all felt the pressure of the administration weighing on us all. Between the budget cuts (including the money that could go in much better places), and the rearrangement of personnel, we all had issues. But it goes to show you that a good quality leader needs to listen to whom they lead. And a great leader is one who is right there with those of whom they they.
Pros
education, near-by, traveling
Cons
low pay
Awesome job to work and awesome education.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  onlineOctober 1, 2014
I love working for Regis University. My supervisor is awesome to work for. I love working my students, the staff and writing center. This is the best job I have ever worked online.
Pros
online training.
Cons
wish i could work at campus too but i live in maryland and the campus is located in denver co.
Great place for learning and growth
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 8, 2014
Every morning I would check if any incoming freshman needed a tour of the campus. If they did I would get a notebook and souvenirs ready for as many students I had. I would also check my supervisors mail box to see if she had any data entry for me. After my supervisor finished her job she gave me all the acceptance and denied letters and I would have to mail them out. On occasion I would answer phones and take messages.
Pros
learned about college a lot more
Cons
short breaks
Not Good
Retention Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 10, 2014
Majorly Incompetent, hierarchical non transparent management, sinking ship.
a great place to learn
Student Veteran Association (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 9, 2014
The place where students come to get their questions answered. The staff and faculty was top notch
Athletic department is hardworking and respectful
Assistant Baseball Coach (Current Employee) –  Denver, CoMay 27, 2014
Working in the athletic department at Regis can be a great place for a young coach looking to work hard.
Challenging, innovative place to work
Associate Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 6, 2014
I managed a team that worked to recruit new students across areas of business, education, computing and humanities.
Arrupe Jesuit High School Work Study program
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 25, 2014
• Assisted in general office duties including filing, answering telephones, and data entry
• Responsible for filing new student applications
Pros
student relations
Cons
i only worked one day a week
Excellent job with weak management policies and staff
REGIS UNIVERSITY CAMPUS SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 6, 2014
Excellent Officers who were Managed by a disrespectful, un-professional Director who was not in attendance enough to properly supervise and lead the team. Officers were and still are required to carry the integrity of the team. Officer safety and respect were never considered during my entire career. The most enjoyable part of the position was the protection and communication with the Regis University Staff , Faculty, and Students
Pros
doing what i was best at... community policing
Cons
lack of respect and honor of the director
Private higher education environment
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2014
Because higher education is so much more competitive Regis has had to become more of a corporate environment in the past couple of years.
Great school, small music program
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  DenverDecember 6, 2013
Many of the students are absolute beginners

Management is very friendly but little opportunity to grow a flourishing program there.

New facilities a plus