Regis University Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2017
I learned customer service, cash register, serving, bussing, etc... I liked my bosses and work environment. I like my coworkers, it did get busy at times, which was stressful. However it was a good experience overall.
Pros
Free soda, reduced lunch
Cons
Stressful at times
Wonderful People and Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2017
Regis University is full of wonderful people and a great atmosphere. Including my student days, I have been at Regis for over 16 years. Since it is a non-profit, I feel the compensation is lower than state colleges/universities. The employee benefits are great. I have loved my time here as an employee and as a student.
The working conditions are variable; not much chance for advancement
Clinical Nursing Mental Health Faculty (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 8, 2017
The work is meaningful and rewarding. Leadership is supportive; chances for job advancement is minimal. The pay is competitive.The work site is always interesting.
Pros
THE WORK ITSELF IS VERY REWARDING
Cons
Little chance for advancement
Work/Life Balance is a plus
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2016
Overall a wonderful place to work. Staff and faculty are supportive and encourage professional growth. I have learned that change can be difficult but also rewarding at the same time.
Productive and fun, a lot of teamwork.
Athletics Game Crew (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2016
My position at Regis University was a work study; a job full-time students would take part of not only to create extra funds while in college but also to gain business and work ethic skills. The management was great knowing that our position was aside from us being students but at the same time encouraged hard work. Through friendliness from managers as well as co-workers, we achieved to have great days on the job while achieving our daily records depending on the event being held.
Laid back job to get you started
Athletic Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2016
Working for Regis is not going to bring in the big bucks, but it will help you to learn the campus as well as meet new people. It was a great way for me to get out and meet some people and learn new things as a college freshman.
Nice place to work in different domains of the network.
Sr Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2016
I am delighted to work here. They have five campus network full of variations and all of the vendors. Gives my work a different directions as i can work Data center, Network design/Implementation & Cyber Security.
Excellent Student Focus - Overworked and Underpaid Faculty/Staff
Associate Professor - RHCHP (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2016
Regis is an excellent school for students. The graduate programs are amazing and the teachers are great educators. I work for the students!

The biggest drawback to working for the University is the constant addition of tasks, with no adjustment to make time to complete these tasks and at the same time, not getting more than a 1% raise (total) in the last four years. We are overworked and underpaid. Across the nation, academicians in the same role as me are making $10k/year more than I am. We are one of the lowest paid faculty across the nation and live in a city with a high cost of living. Administration is aware of the significant salary insult, but they don't get anywhere with upper level administration.

Luckily, we have amazing students!
Pros
Students, graduate programs, great facility for learning, beautiful campus.
Cons
Salaries are abysmal with no solid goal to adjust in the near future.
Work study job
Accounts Payable Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
A great way to interact with people from across the university. Mostly office work, or general errands. It is wonderful to interact with incoming students and families at university events or as a tour guide.
A rewarding and positive work culture. Outstanding faculty and students.
Affiliate Professor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 23, 2016
A rewarding and positive work culture. Outstanding faculty and students. One of the most professional, inviting, accepting, and enjoyable organizations for which I have worked. A+
Was an amazing job.
C O - Enrollment Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2016
Of my 13 years at Regis University, I cherished 12 of them, as I had the best job on earth. There was a change in management and I was forced out.
Pros
Amazing Community
Cons
Change in management has erased most of that en
Jesuit view of the importance of education mirrors my own.
AFFILIATE FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2016
A variety of courses all designed to provide not only theory, but practical education in various disciplines.

Full-time faculty are very supportive of affiliates.

Regis' online programs are as comprehensive as the classroom programs, providing flexibility for students without sacrificing quality.
Pros
Flexibility and professionalism
Cons
Not enough opportunity to teach at the moment.
Good University to improve your skills and learn more.
MS in Database Technologies at Regis University (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2016
I did my Masters at Regis University. I improved my skill a lot by doing labs, writing research papers, helping students with on-call support and doing real time project. Professors are very strong in technically, very supportive, and they encouraged me a lot. Initially, I felt writing research papers and annotated bibliographies were tough because I didn't know about APA formats. But it was not that much hard because the help of tutors and professor helped to learn how to write papers, and how to format the references. Later, I easily wrote literature reviews also.
Pros
learned SQL, Database concepts, Data warehousing concepts, DBA work and racle Application Express (APEX)
Cons
I love the in-class classes but some courses were not available for in-class at that time
Was best job to have up until management change
Enrollment Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2015
Held same position for 12 years with enrollment services, up until a management change in February, causing almost a complete turnover withing the department. Many of my long term co-workers where able to secure positions within other departments, as the working environment became increasingly stressful and borderline hazardous. The objective of my position was to assist students and parents in everything involving the financial aspect of attending school such as Financial Aid and Student Accounts. It was a very rewarding experience as I had made a positive difference in helping thousands of students over my tenure at Regis University.

Once the new Management teem took over however, the position turned into a matrix based system, placing a priority over numbers instead of quality as students were now also classified a customers. This no longer became the position that caters to my skills, nor the position I was hired to do
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Bad Management
Great school, wonderful program
Affiliate Online Faculty (Part-time contract) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2015
The students are high-quality and motivated. The only drawback is that, like most adjunct professor positions, the pay is very low.
Pros
Amazing environment, well-planned, relevant classes
Cons
pay could be more profitable for instructors
Great University
Work Study Through Regis University (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2015
Regis University is an amazing place with amazing people. I learned so much during my time a Regis University. The culture here is fantastic.
Great place to work. Working as an Affiliate Faculty is a great blend with my other work responsibilities.
affiliate faculty (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAurora, COFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work. Provides great flexibility. Very professional atmosphere. Work 6 hours per week teaching 2 classes. Requires a lot of preparation outside of class hours which is significantly reduced when I teach a class a second time. Other professors are very available and open to assisting
Loved my job and the work I was doing
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 1, 2015
I really did enjoy working at Regis University in the Physics Department. It was honestly one of the first times I enjoyed going to work each day. I was challenged and learned a lot. I fell in love with research, and want to continue work at the capacity.

I liked it because of how dynamic it was. One day I could be using my skills in chemistry to explain a situation in the lab, the next I could be designing a circuit board.

My boss was very kind and understanding. He would be willing to teach me things and would rely on me to teach others. He really lives the idea of servitude leadership rather than bossing or management. And that's a quality more people need to learn.

The only issue is, as it is at any university, is the difference in administration and professors. I loved my professors as both colleagues and educators. But we all felt the pressure of the administration weighing on us all. Between the budget cuts (including the money that could go in much better places), and the rearrangement of personnel, we all had issues. But it goes to show you that a good quality leader needs to listen to whom they lead. And a great leader is one who is right there with those of whom they they.
Pros
Education, Near-by, Traveling
Cons
Low Pay
Awesome job to work and awesome education.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  onlineOctober 1, 2014
I love working for Regis University. My supervisor is awesome to work for. I love working my students, the staff and writing center. This is the best job I have ever worked online.
Pros
Online training.
Cons
Wish I could work at Campus too but I live in Maryland and the campus is located in Denver CO.
Great place for learning and growth
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 8, 2014
Every morning I would check if any incoming freshman needed a tour of the campus. If they did I would get a notebook and souvenirs ready for as many students I had. I would also check my supervisors mail box to see if she had any data entry for me. After my supervisor finished her job she gave me all the acceptance and denied letters and I would have to mail them out. On occasion I would answer phones and take messages.
Pros
Learned about college a lot more
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regis University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2