Regus Employee Reviews

Good busy environment. Easy Work
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 26, 2016
You work for Regus but simultaneously work for hundred of other companies at the same time so your alway busy but it's a good easy busy. Most of your time is spent answering and delegating phone calls and emails. You also meet and greet several clients and their clients. The office is run by a small staff of no more than 3 people so there is always something to do. The work is not hard just busy.

You have all holidays off. You are still paid if the center is closed due to inclement weather. You accrue PTO generously and the starting pay is great.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with clients who are not happy which is normally only around billing time.

You are given a monthly lunch on management and holiday parties are fun
Pros
M-F 8:30-5, PTO, SIck leave, Health Insurance, Good Pay, Easy job, Monthly Free Lunch, Paid for unscheduled center closings, Great CoWorkers, Awesome Managers
Cons
If you are part time you do not get the full benefits.
upbeat and fast pace
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 24, 2016
A typical day includes a list that my area manager and myself would and throughout the day I would attempt to finish each task. I judged my daily success based off my completion of assignments as well as managing the task of clients.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
staff limitations
Overall okay company to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Very face paced work that requires a lot of staff coordination & organization skills. The company needs to make sure each location has the capability to accommodate the needs of the clients as much as possible.
Execellent company for growth.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2016
Worked there with great other employees, definite growth opportunities. You have to be very positive to be in the customer service business and that is what this is. The customers are the future. Had a great experience with Regus.
love it
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 24, 2016
Regus is a great company to work for. Provides work life balance and room for growth. I enjoy meeting new people and making money; working at Regus does both.
Good place to make money
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 24, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Regus and it was a great learning point in my career. I would like to find another job that pays as well as Regus. I enjoyed speaking with business owners everyday.
Pros
Money, Benefits
Cons
Middle Mangagement
A great place to work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA 94301August 19, 2016
I loved working for Regus great company!!!! I love having so many clients to work for and answering muli-line phones on VOIP. Very high paced environment I really enjoyed that aspect of Regus.
Don't Recommend
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was building a professional relationship with the clients; they had for the most part different careers and it was fun learning about them, while taking care of their needs.
Something that needs work on is their management all around. There was WAY too much change that went around. I understand switching it up, but then you get blamed for things happening at you center that you weren't even made aware of. Some managers were great, others were a waste of space. Don't even bother going to HR about manager/coworker issues either, they will always take the higher ranked opinions, over yours.
An awesome business module with endless networking opportunities!
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of first checking in with the AVP (Area Vice President) to see what she needs and follow-up on any pending projects. Next, begin morning preparations of my location to ensure that we are ready for an 8:30am start. Once we are open then I oversee and assist with any scheduled meetings. Ensuring all presentations, meeting/conference rooms, catering services, inner city travel arrangements, etc. are confirmed and prepared accordingly. My EA expertise is not limited to the C-Level staff of my employer. Many of the client/business owners that have yet to hire staff, all currently utilize me as an extension of their organization.

I have learned so much about how to effectively and successfully run a business. As well I have learned the ins and outs of multitasking and why it is such a valuable skill in today’s work force. Furthermore, I’ve have a much better understanding of C-Level and middle management staff and their immediate needs as it pertains to the business.

Management with my current employer has changed tremendously over the past 8+ yrs. The current management model that has been implemented is not the best, but it appears to be working somewhat effectively. Although the biggest concern regarding the Management and Sales Teams would be the lack of incentive for the work they have done. Incentives (large or small) are a great way to motivate your team and retain the best talent in the industry. To not reward should be a crime and it’s also a great way to lose momentum within any given industry.

Currently, I am at a rather small
  more... location so there aren’t any other staff onsite. However, when needed and for lunch hour our CSR (Customer Service Rep.) team shows up to assist. I can say that my employer does know how to find the best talent around regularly.

The hardest part of the job for me would be the abrupt irrelevant changes, which do not ever seem to last long. The most enjoyable part of the job is the networking opportunities available to all parties.
Pros
Networking Opportunities & Occasional Free Lunch
Cons
Abrupt Changes & No Consistency
Overworked Employees & Need more employees
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
Regus provides too many responsibilities for employees. They only want one full time person and part time person at every center. Each center needs at least two full time staff available in the office from open to close. This leaves clients very angry and frustrated.
Dismiss the offer, terrible , unprofessional !
CSR (Former Employee) –  BalticsAugust 4, 2016
Worst company to work. The hole system needs refreshment, terrible unprofessional management. Not focusing on employees and customers needs, but on how to make money. Management collapse workers between each other. Tough atmosphere.Not enough workers. Low salary comparing with skills you need to have to succeed and feel comfortable. Even though you will never fee comfortable. But the most worst once again UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT!
Pros
Location, Day Shift, Free on Birthday
Cons
No training, low salary, unprofessional management, system what always has problems and lack of employees, who fast come and go
It Was a Job
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 19, 2016
I considered working there as meeting a need. I never felt comfortable, but I had to bear my discomforts to provide to my family as a single mom.
Pros
Met some good people there who I am still in contact with today.
Cons
Things were not as what I was told upon accepting the position.
Its ok
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
Its a great starter position, but its not the place that you want to spend countless years at. The company is constantly changing which means that there is a lot of turnover, demotions and layoffs. Tech help sucks and clients feel nickled and dimed.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Turnover
Rewarding Customer Service Job
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJune 28, 2016
I worked for Regus while I was getting my Master's degree. I enjoyed the work a great deal. It is more than customer service, it is hospitality, administrative assistant, selling, receptionist, and customer service. I enjoyed it a great deal.

The hardest part of the job is the ever changing market. The job market for this position changes frequently.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers, the people you work with, and learning.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Managers change too frequently
You don't want to do it!!!!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 27, 2016
It's VERY obvious the company does not care about you. In the center you are supposed to do literally all of the work with just you and a part timer who knows nothing. Be prepared to do technical work without any training, move furniture, wash dishes all while answering phones and trying to look presentable.

If you were trained, the company changes it's entire process or position on items so it's nearly impossible to keep up. The GM's provide zero support. In fact, they have no problem leaving early for the day while you have to skip lunch just to try to get everything done. Even if they WANTED to help (they don't) they don't know enough about center activities to provide support. And don't forget - they don't want to help you.

The company rolls out new programs that aren't fully functional yet. Completely unorganized. They relaxed the dress code last year which was cool but then our manager said we still can't wear jeans unless it's Friday. Corporate says ok, but local says no.

Then there's the joy of passing on the terrible changes to the clients. There's no wiggle room for any negotiations with clients. They signed the contract and now they are stuck with anything that comes along, even if Regus decides to change our services. And the hourly employee is stuck getting yelled at by the client while the GM's hide and try to sucker new clients into signing for the overpriced office.

The pay is very low for the responsibility level and no opportunities for any kind of growth. I got a new title but it's because everyone in the company in this role got a new title,
  more... just so they could pile on more work.

Oh and they don't pay based on skill level. We found out that there is a 6-7k difference between pay rates for the same title. It just depends on how much they are hiring for at the time. There are some employees who have been here longer making less, some with the company that Regus bought making WAY more with less skills making more than most in that title and everyone knows it. Try to do your job effectively while helping someone you know makes more money than you by happenstance!

It really is the absolute worst and I'm out of here as soon as I can. It's been bad since I started but it's a whole new level now. Trust me, you don't want to work here!
Pros
typically 8:30-5
Cons
no regular lunch break, more tasks than possible to fit into 1 day, selfish managers, unsupportive corporate staff
There is room for advancement.
Senior Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
I get to meet interesting people from all kinds of occupations. Also, there is room for advancement. A day at Regus is never routine work and rarely gets boring, there is always something to do.
Na
Community manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 26, 2016
Great company. Pay is good. Job is challenging. Meet a lot of interesting people. Management is great - they take care of their people. Not a lot of room for growth, since all positions stay filled.
Great Product
General Manager (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAMay 18, 2016
Working for Regus was a good experience. However, the training, development and poor communication between departments. Communication within departments was poor and not effective for their customers. Need to deal with change within departments, roles and responsibilities.

Thoroughly enjoyed the team atmosphere, products for customers and clients.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Ineffective communications between departments
Great People. OK job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
Working for whoever rents out office space plus posting ads on craigslist attempting to draw in new tenants. The job is mundane, but the people are great.
Pros
People
Cons
monotonous
Not for everyone
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin and Northern IllinoisMay 13, 2016
Change for change sake should be the motto. Didn't believe some of the criticisms from past employees or customers since the company was too 'successful' to have those many problems. Unfortunately, I found most criticisms to be accurate and a culture that accepted - even encouraged - turnover in employees and customers.

Those with a strong self-interest and personal motivation may find the culture acceptable. If you are looking for a company that collaborates, encourages teamwork and development and doesn't pass the buck, look elsewhere.
Pros
Independence

2.8