Rehab Without Walls Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Exciting and rewarding job with the right amount of independence and support
Speech Pathology Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Each day was a new schedule. I would drive to peoples homes to conduct cognitive therapy, swallow therapy, and language therapy with people who have been injured in an accident, experienced a CVA or illness. I really enjoyed helping families directly and making therapy as functional as possible. I felt like I saw the biggest impact in the patient's life while providing home health services. I had to provide my own materials for therapy and found the iPad to be very useful.
Pros
Limited paper work with templates reports. New environment often, and wonderful patients
Cons
Time spent driving and having to supply my own materials.
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 13, 2014
 Behavior Technician worked one on one with a special needs student at Eastlake High School.
 Worked with student on meeting behavior and IEP goals.
 Skill acquired: patience, an understanding of daily life of a special needs student and parent, being flexible and reliable.
 Use a variety of communication skills.
REHAB SPECIALIST I/CNA (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2014
I have worked for this company for 17 years. Helping traumatic brain injury patients learn to do for themselves.
Rewarding and varied
Rehab Specialist (RS) (Current Employee) –  Lynwood WashingtonJanuary 30, 2013
My position is per diem. A typical day would consist of me driving to the patients home and implementing the type of therapy needed that I get trained for before hand by shadowing other therapists. I have worked with Physical, Occupational, Speech therapists, and other rehab specialists thus far. I have learned different intervention plans to help each individual such as physical exercises, cognitive exercises, and how to facilitate basic tasks around there home. The co-workers I have met are very nice and are hard working individuals. The hardest part of the job is probably making sure the patient is advancing within time, however for this I have a monthly supervisory visit by a Therapist or a clinician to make sure I am doing things appropriately with the client and that things are going smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the improvements of the patient and seeing how they evolve positvely within good time.
Pros
some reimbursment for mileage
Cons
not enough hours, hard to be full time. each case is temporary and few are long term
A great place to be
Rehab specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2012
I LOVE my job as far as it goes, I work alone with my client, I sit and make sure he doesnt sneak out of bed and fall and kill himself. A typical day is sitting here at night and being quiet so he can sleep and doing the cleaning of his room. I dont have anything else to say about it really, as far as co-workers or management goes. I do CEU's and learn a lot about the brain and different attributes of it.
Pros
its quiet and allows me to study or just have peace and quiet
Cons
not many