RehabCare Employee Reviews in United States

As a non-therapist no way to move up in company
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VAJuly 24, 2016
As documentation demands increase productivity expectations increase as well. This has put a lot of stress on the therapy team in the rehab gym.
Rehabcare
part time OTA team member (Current Employee) –  Cowley County, KSJuly 23, 2016
Very organized company, led by a corporate team and support services to ensure rules and regulations are adhered to for compliance purposes. Therapy staff are provided with IPADS for daily schedule , allocation of treatment and patient documentation.
needed more staff
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WIJuly 22, 2016
large building that was understaffed due to location. Very busy therapy department with challenging productivity expectations. Management supportive and available as needed for questions/problems. Excellent nursing staff at facility.
Love the work and the people I work with.
Rehab Administrative Tech (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 21, 2016
It' s a company that is not very appreciative of the loyal, dependable, and hard working employees. Wage increases are something that are not going to be given but the company has no problems with asking employees to take on more work.
Pros
Flexibility of hours
Cons
Asked to do more and more with no compensation
Awful do not work here.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 13, 2016
I had worked with rehab care for quite a while. The first part of my employment with rehab care was great. I felt that you were supported as an employee in the company truly cared about you and your team. However the last couple years things are really gone downhill. It's always about the numbers. They don't appreciate staff at all. Upper management at ADO level was awful. Treatment of therapist and PD awful. Once the DOJ report was released about their fraudulent ways I got pressure from the ADO to pick up Medicare B population. When I told her that a specific patient was inappropriate with clinical rational she told me that this was a performance issue. She pretty much belittled me when ever she got the chance. HR and upper management not helpful at all. They have the you are just a number mentality.
Pros
Casamba
Cons
Poor pay, wage freeze for years, no compassion for employees.
Awesome
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 12, 2016
Such an awesome experience. Gained much needed knowledge which can be used for years to come. Awesome work environment
Great place to work. Excellent benefits.
Licensed Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 15, 2016
My workday consist of 8 hours a day. I enjoy working with my program director, clinical liaison, therapist, nurses, Dr. and all other staff members. We all work together as a group to ensure the best patient care possible. The hardest part of my job is losing a patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the results of the hard work that the combined staff members have accomplished with our patients.
Pros
Close to home, good hours, great pay.
Cons
There was lots of places for improvement
Management COTA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2016
I work for 14 years with RehabCare and had the opportunity for advancement the materials for that advancement The staff I worked with over all were the best. I resigned my position because I felt pressured to do more that was ethically possible.
Unethical expectations/second tier management slave drivers
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Southern IllinoisJune 12, 2016
This company used to be more patient centered. It has since turned into a numbers game with PD's taking unrealistic demands from the DO's but with no support and demands on front line staff of high minutes for low minute patients with no room for discussion or using therapists best judgement. Therapists are turned into pawns instead of highly educated professionals. Upper levels worried about their bonuses and not pt care. Overall, the first 3-4 years were enjoyable and the last 3 were miserable but in small towns employment opportunities are limited to I was stuck. It became a power trip for management and no teamwork allowed as it wasn't allowed as every single minute had to be accounted for.
Pros
Cons
High, unrealistic productivity, micro-managed
Terrible...Run away
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2016
I was hired along with 2 others to open a new unit and within 5 months of start up 2 of the three quit and the other put their resignation in but, decided to stay.

Sales training is the worst I've ever been subjected too in my many years. The sales trainer handed us a thumb drive with files and said read the information. She must have gotten to that position through attrition because she was a terrible trainer.

There were two other locations in my territory where other people quit during my employment that were there less than 6 months.
Pros
No real pros
Cons
training and direction is nonexistent.
If you want to get burned out, work for RehabCare
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYJune 8, 2016
I would work nine hours but could only get paid for six hours because nine hours made me unproductive. Unethical unrealistic goals. I'm surprised that this company is still in business.
Pros
Cons
Poor ethics overworked
Good
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, MNJune 7, 2016
I've learned a lot and have had really good co-workers. I've been placed at multiple facilities and have gained a lot of skill.
fair
OTR/L (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYJune 3, 2016
Corporate office out of state makes it difficult. Several supervisors at various levels. Sub-contracted to local facilities, so not employed by facility making team process very difficult.
Pros
Evals & reports on ipad
Cons
No time for team to collaborate
High energy, supportive upper managment
rehab director & Agency Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 2, 2016
As a rehab director within a contracted rehab company, expectations are always high to maintain productivity and other quantitative metrics. Upper management are supportive and seek ways to help in advancement.
Pros
Big company with many resources
Cons
Supervisory lives in other states
Rehab Care was a good company to work for a large company.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bandera, TXMay 29, 2016
Rehab care had very good technology for employees compared to other companies. My co-workers were very diverse and knowledgeable which I enjoyed . The company did not at that time offer much as far as educational benefits.
Love the people
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 25, 2016
Management is poor. Low compensation for duties given. Raises should be an embarrassment to the company. Have worked for 37 years and have never been given a raise of .09 cents!! Have received nothing but great reviews from superiors.
Pros
Love the atmosphere within the workplace
Poor overall work experience
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXMay 25, 2016
The only thing good there is the building. It looks nice and it's new. Other than here are the negative things:
1. PT and OT do all notes. Yes, even assistants' progress note
2. No workflow
3. You work on ipads - slow ipads
4. Poor overall experience. Glad I left.
Pros
Nice looking building - that's it
Cons
PT do all notes - even progress notes of PTAs. PTAs only do daily note period!
Ask around before signing on
Program Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 22, 2016
I've had the opportunity to network with people in different regions and rehab care is like any company, some regions are outstanding and others are poorly managed and demand unethical practices.

The region I worked in is the latter. After the DOJ finding was published, our area director of operations told our group that the "expectation is that every patient is to be admitted at an ultra", pressure to eval without orders, not complying with those demands marked you as inflexible, only heard from upper management when they were unhappy, Area director not available for guidance and made you regret it/nasty and not supportive if you finally reached her, vacation requests consistently denied, its all about numbers not about patients, constant turnover due to negativity from uppers. Badly behaving favorite therapists coddled, retained/transferred around by ADO and made therapists, patients, and customer miserable.

Poor conditions have been going on so long that therapists in the extended area avoid this company, not sure how HR is missing this. The region could do with a shake up.

I've met the uppers in Louisville and their company vision does not reflect what I experienced. I understand from other therapists working in other regions that other regions are well managed positive and patient focused.

Ask around before taking a job and if they always seem to be hiring -beware. You could find a position fulfilling the amazing company vision or find yourself experiencing the worst days of your therapy existence.
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
negative work environment, poor work life balance, questionable ethics/compliance
Excellent team work within the department
Speech-Language Pathologist-Part Time (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 16, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job is the residents and my co-workers. I have learned a lot in terms of providing excellent clinical documentation.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
upper managment
Wonderful learning experience.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2016
Fun and positive work environment with good communication of all disciplines working with patient. Good support from Program Director. Top notch equipment in Physical Therapy gym for therapist to utilize in patients plan of care.

2.8