RehabCare Employee Reviews in United States

Unrealistic productivity expectations
PT (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 12, 2016
The benefits are great. However, the company expectations are unrealistic and they say that they care for the people that works for them.That is a big joke. All they care for are the numbers. They treat their employees like robots. They will say,they do not tolerate fraudulent acts, but their policies shout it out loud- do it!! When you come in at 8:00 am, the company expects you to be seeing your patient at 8:01. Goodluck with that. Which facility allows that? You go and get your patients, they have not received their meds, not dressed, move to your next patient on the list-same story. Before you know it, you are running around trying to get somebody on your list for 30 mins. Can you bill that under non-billable charges, of course you could! But know that management will get you on your productivity! Pt's needs to be clocked in/out. Point of service documentation. No raises. Very stressful environment. Patients will complain to the management that they were not seen by a therapist, management will just shrug it off because there were charges. Manager only care about meeting the RUG levels. There are therapists who are scheduled to work 10-12 hours but comes in at 3:00 pm, the manager does not care because there are charges!

IF you are a person if integrity,do not work for this company full time.
Benefits
Cons
everything
It's all about the $
PRN Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2016
Productivity productivity productivity you're expected to be at 90% which gives you six minutes downtime out of every hour it is impossible to make those numbers in a large building they don't really care about the quality of care that is delivered to the patient also he cares that the therapists are registered therapist Fraud is committed on a regular basis though everybody including management seems to turn thier head PRN staffing is a joke with shift cancellations on a regular basis pulling from other bldgs instead of giving the shift to the PRN therapist that scheduled months in advance I guess if you can't get a job anywhere else this is better than nothing
Pros
Fellow therapist
Cons
Productivity
Rehab Care is a good company to work for to gain knowledge and experience working in sub acute/long term care. Productivity 75%
COTA (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 2, 2016
Rehab Care is somewhat fast paced due to productivity standards. The therapists were great to work with and always willing to help and assist with any questions or concerns I had regarding treatment. Management when available was ok. They did answer questions, concerns, and very knowledgeable regarding insurance and billing issues. Hardest part of job not knowing how many patients will have to be see due to admissions. I learned a lot about billing, notes, and using modalities.
Pros
therapist were great to work with and like family
Cons
having to punch out when patients are not available for treatment
Loved my team but management is unethical
SLP (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for RehabCare only because of my fellow therapists. The higher-ups pressure rehab directors to make every patient Ultra High and this is almost always inappropriate and unnecessary. When asked to lower minutes for an easily fatigued patient with limited participation, director stated "just see them for 2 shorter sessions." Management is made up of people who have either never treated or haven't treated in years, so they have no concern for the ethical standards of our occupations nor for the clinical judgement of their therapists. Also I never know if my day will be 4 hours or 10. If new MedA patients are admitted, I am required to conduct a full evaluation even if they have no needs.
Pros
Competent therapists - if only the company listened to their input on therapy candidacy or RUGs
Cons
Inconsistent caseload, Unethical, Management doesn't listen to therapists' clinical judgment, Unnecessarily high RUGs
Typical healthcare company
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  MOJuly 15, 2015
Days are often hectic in the skilled nursing/long term care world. Schedules are unpredictable at best. I enjoy the flexible schedule it offers but also take issue with not having full time hours available. I have had decent management, any issues have been based on competency of that person and not the company necessarily. Great co-workers.
Of course there are productivity requirements and other things they nit pick about for a few months then lay off.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No raises, work holidays and weekends, hours not guaranteed, not patient focused
Great employees, poor upper management
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIMarch 15, 2016
I work with amazing therapists who are hardworking, compassionate, and very skilled at what they do. This is not always appreciated by upper management who is more concerned with productivity standards, and how things look on paper. Insurance companies make this a difficult setting to enjoy working in. Best part of the job is the great therapists and rehab manager I have the opportunity to work with. RehabCare in general, is only concerned about corporate gains.
Poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILFebruary 12, 2016
Management is very unprofessional. Terrible communication skills, very condescending and talks down to employees. All negative feedback, tells employees everything they do wrong nothing they are doing right. Loves to be in control of everything and MICRO MANAGE but at the same time DELEGATES EVERYTHING!!!!! There is A LOT of paper work but management expects for you to be productive. If you want peace of mind and a decent pay check, find a different location to work for another company!
Great co workers and clients
occupational therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2015
Very good facility with strong rehab culture. Excellent DOR with cultured management style. Awesome co therapists and support staff.
Good continued education benefits
Physical Therapy Assistant / Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2015
I am currently a PRN therapist and feel that i am satisfied with the conditions at this point ion my career. The hardest part of working part time is getting accustomed to the different skilled nursing facilities
Pros
good compensation
Cons
changes in policy, and the recent merging of companies
Unprofessional management, No yearly evaluations.
N/A (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 29, 2015
Ok, where to start. The rehab management is not there for you when you have a issue. A couple of the rehab staff and hospital staff gossip. They get away with alot of violations, manager has favorites. Hours will suck when census are low. So be prepared and you are not paid enough. Company has not given employees raises in a few years!!!! Run while you have the chance!!!!
Pros
Cons
Management not taking care of issues around the department.
nice facility
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  lubbock,txSeptember 14, 2015
Company is a decent one to work for. Worked for them for 4 years and no raises in that time. Offers decent benefits. Required to work weekends and holidays very hard to get time off. Unrealistic documentation and productivity requirements. Evaluating therapists are required to write ALL notes assistants do not have to do any documentation
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
unrealistic productivity standards
OK company to work for but nothing to write home about
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  NCApril 22, 2016
My program director creates an environment not conducive to happy employees! She doesn't really understand the big picture but isnt willing to listen & learn about it. She tries to rule with a passive-aggressive iron fist...Ha! lol My co-workers are awesome & we do our best not to let things effect the services our patients receive. If not for the boss everything would be GREAT!

Well the health benefits could be a bit better too.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my patients' faces when I walk into the room & when I walk out. Always night & day. They may be depressed & down but by the time Im done they will have a smile on their face. I love seeing the progress from beginning of tx until discharge. That is why I do what I do!
okay company
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 19, 2015
Rehabcare like a lot of companies have become to focused on productivity and not the PT. Placing all pt in ultra high category to get the most money. Not listening to therapist recommendation of what category is proper at times. Hiring to many therapist then cutting hours.
Overall Rehabcare benefits are equal to other companies. Bottom line to all companies is how your program director treats you and your co workers.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, had to work christmas
terrible management in west lafayette
passed staff (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INDecember 4, 2015
This is a beautiful facility with wonderful residents. The management of both the rehab department is corrupt, manipulative and controlling. It is unfortunate that patient care is compromised just to fit into the "in crowd". They compromise the well being of the residents just to keep the money flowing. Blame will be passed when their own inadequacies are revealed, especially the management.
Cons
high demands for productivity, controlling and manipulative
Great Company to work for!
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, RIMarch 29, 2016
Very Supportive at the management level! I am proud to work for RehabCare. I have had great experiences with my Area Director through challenging day to day tasks-I feel they have certainly helped me grow in my profession.
very good company to work for.
NURSE LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 30, 2015
updates, pt, assessments, verify insurance and start precerts. Over the other marketing liaisons. Participated in marketing events.the hardest part of my job was again disappointing the patients and the most enjoyable part was being a key player in their road to recovery.
Pros
Ability to grow by developing relationships at all Little Rock Hospitals
Cons
retirement benifits
Intense place to work
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2015
Company educates and train their directors. Management is somewhat supportive. Directors report to many people, that is; regional, vice presidents, operations , marketing, and host facility administration.
Hardest part of the job is keep up with all the responsibilities assigned by the company and the host facility. Difficult to keep everyone happy and respond to all requirements.
Focus is on bottom line not on staff considerations or patient satisfactions.
Pros
good education
Cons
minimal support
Nice complany to work for
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 21, 2016
Concerned about the supervision of rehab aides. Fun environment to work, supportive staff from hospital management and nursing staff, hardest part of job low census, most enjoyable part of the job my patients
Poor management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 2, 2016
Productivity is the only thing that matters. Patient care is not a concern much less a priority. Management has poor communication skills, lie and fill you with promises. Their stories change depending on the day and what manager you actually talk to. Seem to promote the worst employees while the better ones get stuck with all the work. No support from management and you are not given the tools you need to fulfill your job. You are treated like a robot, not a human. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Very bad company to work for
OFFICE MANAGER/REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 8, 2015
Management is terrible at this company. Expensive medical benefits and very poor training and lack of department leadership.