RehabCare Employee Reviews

Poor management
Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 9, 2017
The manager did not have a rehab or medical background and did not know how to manager therapist. He did not have a good understanding of how therapy works, but instructed on what to do and how we were to go about completing our therapy.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor managment
my least favorite company to work for
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 8, 2017
I worked for this company for numerous years and felt very unappreciated. Most of my fellow therapists felt the same way. We were made to feel like machines that had to meet production so our upper management could make bonuses. And when they did not get a bonus they let us know we needed to pick up our game.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
productivity driven
Pretty good place with good therapists!!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNAugust 8, 2017
I loved the facility it's self better than the company. Not crazy about co politics!! But I've always had a good fair manager that truly cares about all the pts!!
I love helping others
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 8, 2017
I have been an employee of Rehabcare for 8 1/2 years. The company was bought out by Kindred a couple years ago. The employee benefits have slowly eroded. They also say client first but also remind the staff that Rehabcare is a business. Mixed messages, loosing their contracts and treat the employees as disposable. It was time to jump off this train. I loved working with my colleagues.
Pros
flexible schedule, great professional team, good learning internet protals
Cons
poor benefits, management frequently changing due to unrealistic expectations
management
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIAugust 6, 2017
Loved the place I worked at along with my co-workers however management was poor. They were constantly changing things to benefit them not the staff. Some years we would be recognized at Christmas time other years nothing???
enjoyable workplace
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAAugust 4, 2017
The work flow fluctuates on a week to week basis. Management is very laid back, kind of go with the flow personality. Peers were great teammates, worked well together and always willing to help each other out. I enjoyed doing my job and working with my peers and the residents. I did not enjoy the past six years the company has been on a pay freeze and would not give anyone a raise, which makes you feel unappreciated as a dedicated, loyal employee of many years.e
Pros
great peers
Cons
healthcare, no raises
August 8, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

Good to work for while under a good PD
Liscensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  VAAugust 3, 2017
Much more to offer when under the management of a great PD while I was there. He has since left.
Good contract company while working with a larger non for profit. Rehab Care had our backs and stood up for the employees when the larger company attempted to decrease the benefits given through rehab care.
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Moving on up
Staffing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2017
I loved working for RehabCare, although the transfer that was in place didn't go through doesn't mean that I wouldn't go back to this company in a heartbeat. Moving up the ladder here with RehabCare was easy for those who would work hard.
August 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing your positive feedback with us.

Just Like The Rest
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, VAJuly 31, 2017
Except they've cut out the DOR and now have a "clinical leader" who is expected to do it all and work 50% of their day. They don't care about anything but the money... just like everyone else.
Cons
whats a break? If you do your job well, you should never get one
August 2, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience with us. We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of caring for our patients and residents. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication and help direct operational change. As an alternative, you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412, if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns. Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Great staff
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILJuly 27, 2017
A typical day at work was doing caseloads for 8 staff and prns. I learned that I-pads are more important then the pt. you need to treat. My managers did not help with training nor were they supportive of there staff. Hardest part of the job was working with the manager. The most enjoyable part was my great staff.
Pros
variety of pt.'s
Cons
i-pads
July 29, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We value all employee feedback and utilize it to support our mission. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication and help direct operational change. As an alternative, you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412, if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns. Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Nice company to work for
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAJuly 25, 2017
It was ok, however with sensus very low required to travel to other sister facility. The company is good to work for. The benefits were good as well as education provided by the company
July 26, 2017

Flexible scheduling
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 13, 2017
The director of rehab care was very flexible with scheduling due to having a large network of PRN therapists. This was beneficial in allowing full time therapists to take time off as needed.
July 15, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience working on our team.

Enjoyable company to work for with advancement opportunities.
COTA (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 9, 2017
Great company to work for with good insurance and great benefits and opportunity for advancement. Employer listens to concerns from employees and provide solid feedback,
July 11, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re on our team.

Loved my facility more than the company.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 4, 2017
Productivity always the main concern, but I had a great Program Director and the staff I worked with all got along well. I also had a wonderful supervisor who was contracted and did not need to follow the productivity rules making her very ethical and helpful,
Pros
co workers
Cons
productivity
July 6, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience working on our team.

Great team
LPTA (Current Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 2, 2017
Enjoy the patient contact and sending them home. Good managing and good atmosphere to work in. It has been a good experience. We have a great team here. Flexible hours and rewarding. Have had a good experience with the company. Contract companies have some troubles keeping contracts. Unfortunately we are losing our contract. Sad to say...
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hours
July 5, 2017

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re here.

This is travel contract work
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, PAJune 20, 2017
This is a travel contract job. I enjoyed working for this company. It is very trustworthy. If I had a problem they would do their best to help me get things resolved, but I rarely had a problem.
June 22, 2017

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your positive feedback with us.

Professional organization providing therapy services to multiple long-term care facilities
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2017
Rehabcare is a very forward thinking organization that is wide reaching throughout Missouri and the St. Louis area. They provide high quality, comprehensive rehabilitation services to long-term care facilities and assisted living facilities.
June 18, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing your positive feedback with us.

Great place to jump start your career
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEJune 7, 2017
Great place to jump start your career. Providing many opportunities for learning and professional development. Coaching and supporting environment to practice.
June 14, 2017

We’re glad you have a great experience with us. Our employees truly are at the center of our mission.

Great co-workers and great environment to work in.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 7, 2017
Great experiences for all the years of employment. Good benefits. Good compensation for continuing education. Good insurance. Good management. Great co-workers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High productivity
June 14, 2017

No advancement opportunities, does not support advanced education
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 6, 2017
Poor management! all about getting billable units. Observed students having their own schedule. Does not let employees use tuition benefits! It would be nice to see if place starts focus more on patient care more and not just about patient numbers. No documentation time, advised to use lunch breaks as documentation time which is against Company policies.
Pros
Can't think any
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunities, all about billable units/productivity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RehabCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8