RehabCare Employee Reviews

Unethical, non-compliant with State regulations.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJanuary 18, 2017
My very first job as a PTA in Oregon I worked for Rehab Care. The PT quit the day I started. Medicare reviewers came to the building and stated to them they needed to hire a PT for supervision. They did not, continued to try and have me do paperwork outside of the scope for a PTA. I quit with notice. When I tried to work for a Rehab Care years later in a different state I was informed I was put on a do not hire list. I tried to get to the bottom of it but no one in any department knew why. Productivity expectations were 96%.
Kitchen to assist in home cooking
COTA (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJanuary 14, 2017
too tight space to work in
Casamba program
Looked out more for his friend that the job he was doing.
too many chefs and not enough Indians
making hours
My residents are an enjoyable part of my daily routine.
Pros
could leave for lunch
Cons
not enou
working for this company was a delight
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 13, 2017
a typical day would consist of, gathering your patients for that day, who was on either Physical therapy or Occupational therapy case load, once I had gather that information, I would go to the patients rooms introduce myself and tell them why I was there and what we was going to do in therapy that day. I learned how to do certain excerises and how to lift a person properly. it was very exciting everyday, my co workers was very friendly and very easy to get along with I really enjoyed work with the group of women there, the hardest part about that job was trying to coach a patient why therapy was helpful and how it help them get better. the most enjoyable part of the job for was seeing the progress each person made by going to therapy
Pros
benfits, friendly enviorment, eductional
Cons
communication lack when it came to admistration
Office Environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2017
Employees in St Louis Support Center worked closely and well with each other. Benefits package was not as healthy as other companies in the St Louis region.
Poor management
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I really enjoyed most of the clinicians here however management and the facility was bad. They were all about making money and not so much the patients and staff.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Poor business
Productive and rewarding workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seneca, MODecember 27, 2016
The staff at Rehabcare are friendly and strive to help the residents to meet the goals of their therapy service. Working at Rehabcare provides a rewarding feeling to help make someone else's day better. They offer great benefits and a flexible work schedule.
Great team and environment
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHDecember 18, 2016
Work with experienced therapists who truly care about the patients and their coworkers. Flexible hours and days if needed. Have a variety of equipment to utilize to assist with getting patients more independent!
Pros
Great team and flexibility
Cons
No raises
Miss working for this company
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2016
Did well with keeping staff informed of any changes within the company. Had a very hands-on interdisciplinary approach to therapy. Took matters seriously when it comes to patient care.
loved interating with patients
Rehab tech (Former Employee) –  Canton, TXDecember 7, 2016
Lovely atmosphere, worked with amazing teammates. Patient care was also involved in my job duties. I instructed a class of patients to induce muscle resistant exercises.,
Pros
good health insurence and drive pay
Cons
No advancement
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 4, 2016
I typically worked 6-8 hours in a skilles nursing type setting with many differnt persoanlities and skill levels. When census was low, employees were offered to go to differnt buildings to work instead of no pay days.
Love my coworkers and management
Physical Therapy Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2016
The program director and regional director are great. I have awesome co workers who are always there when you need them. The nursing staff is also great, there is always an open line of communication.
Not the best company
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MANovember 30, 2016
I worked for 6 years with this company. . One this is they do not appreciate what they have at times.. and they are all about getting money not patient care like they say..
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Thosenin high postions have power kicks. And mistreat coworkers
excellent facility
Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  Hometown, PANovember 15, 2016
provide therapist/patient schedules
I learned about PPS payment system
I enjoyed my c0-workers and management team
Hardest part of job was drive distance from home
Patient improvement
Pros
communication with other departments
Cons
drive distance from home
Poor place to work with unrealistic productivity expectations
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNNovember 9, 2016
I was asked to do DC summaries and progress notes for patients that I had never met. The focus was on productivity/RUG levels. There was not enough support staff. I was encouraged to treat Medicare patients in groups to maximize productivity, sacrificing the quality of care. Horrible experience. Felt many aspects of the care were unethical. Now in a different state and wouldn't work for this company again.......
Pros
Nice facility.
Steady work in skilled facility or acute care.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 31, 2016
Job experience in SNF steady and has good hours. Case load can increase and decrease. Certain patient expectations for therapy tolerance and "minutes needed per day" for reimbursement can be difficult at times.

At acute care level, more labor intensive due to type of patient and diagnosis. More freedom during day to do the treatments you need to do and ability to co-treat available. In SNF co-treat is unavailable due to medicare restrictions and time/RUG requirements.
Pros
Work and patients all in one place.
Cons
RUG expectations can affect ethics, patient progression and overall attitude and demeanor of therapists.
Great Start Up Career
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 12, 2016
This is a great place to work to gain experience and move forward with your career. I find that this is not the place I will work forever but I'm glad I came.
Pros
Experience
and cut hours on full time employees giving full days to travellong therapists. it sho
COTA (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 24, 2016
Rehab Care only cares about the mighty dollar. They over staff and cut hours on full time employees giving full days to travelling therapists. A decent company protects their full-time staff. Rehab Care does not. Management treats the PD like dirt and doesn't acknowledge staff unless to reprimand for low productivity or not "getting all your minutes" with a Med A patient.
It's difficult to fathom that Rehab Care corporate people were once therapists and once had a goal to help people. Money changes people.
I would never work for this company again.
Pros
Had a great rehab team
Cons
90% of rehab team quit to work for a company that cares about their employees
No regard for their employees.
Fomer employee (Former Employee) –  KansasSeptember 17, 2016
You find there is no room for growth. If you are meeting the expectations of RUG levels and the high productivity standards,which you get a report on every day on how that is going, then management will be mildly pleased. Corporate ladder of success is a joke..it is more of a step ladder to see who upper management can step on and mold the ones below like puppets to do what they want. Looking to weed out the ones who are more patient centered and bring in new blood that will only think how they want the to think..which is financially!
Pros
Good therapists
Cons
Everything else
love working with my therapy team and patients
cerified occupational therapy assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2016
I enjoy working with all therapist within this company. Many opportunities for clinical growth and education. My favorite part of this job is the patients and co-workers.
enjoyed company
Administrative/Rehabilitation Tech (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCSeptember 11, 2016
great company. loved the people and found the work rewarding. management is wonderful and team is even better. patients come first with this company for sure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RehabCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8