RehabCare Employee Reviews

Did not enjoy it
Rehab Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJuly 29, 2015
Management kept changing. Making it difficult to keep with a consistent routine. Co-workers were great but department heads were in constant conflict.
Great co-workers
Full Time PTA (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2015
Enjoyed working with the therapy team, and some of the nursing staff. Company great about ordering equipment for therapy staff.
Great place to work not enough room for advancement.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Family oriented
Cons: no room for advancement
Typical day at work sending and receiving emails, reconciling accounts, review charts, record payroll hours and tracking documents.
Wonderful place to work with supportive staff
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee), Chicago Ridge, ILJuly 23, 2015
Working for Rehabcare will teach you how to provide excellent patient care as a top priority. There is plenty of room for personal growth and development as well as a place that inspires a potential future career path.
Maternity coverage.
PRN COTA/L (Former Employee), Cameron, VAJuly 21, 2015
I had a delightful educational work experience. The rehab Manager was very knowledgeable and went above and beyond for her team and clients. My coworkers were very knowledgeable as well and would communicate their ideas and knowledge and would use that expertise as a team, for the best possible outcome for the client. It was a pleasure to have worked in an environment with that goal in mind.
Typical healthcare company
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), MOJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: No raises, work holidays and weekends, hours not guaranteed, not patient focused
Days are often hectic in the skilled nursing/long term care world. Schedules are unpredictable at best. I enjoy the flexible schedule it offers but also take issue with not having full time hours available. I have had decent management, any issues have been based on competency of that person and not the company necessarily. Great co-workers.
Of course there are productivity requirements and other things they nit pick about for a few months then lay off.
gratifying position
PRN PTA Highland Pines (Current Employee), Longview, TXJuly 15, 2015
Pros: everyone up in therapy works together for high quality patient care
Cons: Communication on behalf of patients between nursing/staff/etc.
Could not ask for a better staff to work with providing top care to our patients in therapy. From the time I arrive to the time I leave my co workers hit the floor running make sure every patient possible is seen and treated to their best abilit.y
Fun place
Certified O (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 11, 2015
Pros: great team, great management
Cons: pay
I really enjoyed all the workers, and management. We had so much fun together, and you could always go to management if you had a problem. Schedule was really flexable when I was in school, and we all worked as a great team.
Management was flexible with my schedule
Center Coordinator of Clinical Education (Current Employee), Crystal City, MOJuly 7, 2015
Pros: friendly cowaorkers
Cons: expensive insurance
The company is very large and I didn't get much interaction with upper level management however my immediate supervisor and director were very fair and caring.
No orientation and asked to be 90% productive in 1st week
PTA (Former Employee), IllinoisJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Not one thing!!!
Cons: Everything about this company stinks, it is all about the all mighty buck!!!
I went to work for RehabCare and on my 1st day of employment my manager tells me she is leaving on a vacation, so I get an abbreviated, yet very short introduction to the staff, and the computer system, then left to fend for myself. I was then given productivity sheets that showed me where I was at in productivity 79%, 81%, 82% and was being told to clock out to wait on patients that were next to be seen, instead of doing documentation. Point of service documentation is huge too! If you have never done this, look out. My patients got use to me looking down at my tablet, most of time, as I documented. If you were doing Gait training, it made it very challenging to document, but we are suppose to make sure we document as we treat. I am sorry, but this is so disrespectful to a patient. Lacks human contact and makes them feel like a number. I was so blown away by this company that I will never ever recommend this company. Worse place I have ever worked at and I have worked in Rehabilitation for over 18 years now.
Great coworkers and organized
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Covington, KYJuly 2, 2015
nice place to work with lots of organization skills from manager; clean and well managed; nice people overall; nice people overall
Unprofessional management, No yearly evaluations.
N/A (Former Employee), TexasJune 29, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Management not taking care of issues around the department.
Ok, where to start. The rehab management is not there for you when you have a issue. A couple of the rehab staff and hospital staff gossip. They get away with alot of violations, manager has favorites. Hours will suck when census are low. So be prepared and you are not paid enough. Company has not given employees raises in a few years!!!! Run while you have the chance!!!!
Great team and work environment
Program Director (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsJune 18, 2015
Assist with the quality of patient care by providing support for the Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, and Speech Language Therapist services. Help prepare patients for treatment, provide physical assistance with patient care, and completed specific clerical tasks including phone answering, scheduling, documentation, billing, and payroll. Assist with scheduling patients. Maintain general upkeep in therapy and office areas. Help maintain therapists’ records.
Productive and fun place to work
System Engineer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: NA
Very fun environment, and love working with my team members. There was a lot of problem solving taking place daily, and I enjoyed the challenge.
leading you in to cariers
DO (Former Employee), , MNJune 18, 2015
They are fully staffed from CEO down with therapists, this was a huge selling point for me. always tries to open all positions in house first
Productive and cohesive teamwork
Rehab Tech (Former Employee), Stephenville, TXJune 12, 2015
i enjoyed working for rehabcare, they are a team driven company that really values their employees. I would highly recommend the company both for therapy needs and employment opportunities.
deditcated and fun work place
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), NapervilleJune 11, 2015
A typical day consist of strengthening and improving the overall well-being of elders in order to return home safely.
During this job I have learned the importance of therapy in all ages to improve functional mobility and increase independence. I have also learned the importance of time management and proper scheduling when working with patients to utilize their treatment time efficiently.
Management of both inpatient acute rehabilitation programs and skilled nursing facilities
Director (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 3, 2015
This position provided support and management to both acute rehabilitation and skilled nursing therapy staff. Staff in all facilities were committed to providing excellent patient care and open to learning new treatment skills and interventions. Training was provided to the site leaders to help them grow in understanding the financial and budgeting requirements for their programs. The most enjoyable was seeing the variety of sites and therapists and being able to share best practices across the continuum.
corporate $$ grubbers!
PTA (Current Employee), OP and HH at an ALF (contract)June 2, 2015
Pros: good patients
Cons: do not value thier employees
They will higher double the staff and give you half the hours so they can avoid paying/providing you benefits! OBAMACARE LOOPHOLE SEEKERS!
also, they harp on patient care as being the most important aspect of the job but when all patients are getting seen, full minutes, no missed visits etc... they will find another reason to bust your balls like on productivity, or scheduling. Beware working of Rehab Care, Sr. Home Care, Gentiva as they are all owned by Kindred and will limit your hours even if you Split them between the 3 different sub-companies.
Great Therapy Staff
Rehab Tech (Current Employee), Richmond Heights, OHJune 1, 2015
Wonderful therapists. Quick paced environment. Therapy staff is wonderful to their residents.co-workers are a delight to work with. enriching environment.
Headquarters