RehabCare Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible...Run away
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2016
I was hired along with 2 others to open a new unit and within 5 months of start up 2 of the three quit and the other put their resignation in but, decided to stay.

Sales training is the worst I've ever been subjected too in my many years. The sales trainer handed us a thumb drive with files and said read the information. She must have gotten to that position through attrition because she was a terrible trainer.

There were two other locations in my territory where other people quit during my employment that were there less than 6 months.
Pros
No real pros
Cons
training and direction is nonexistent.
Great place to work. Excellent benefits.
Licensed Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 15, 2016
My workday consist of 8 hours a day. I enjoy working with my program director, clinical liaison, therapist, nurses, Dr. and all other staff members. We all work together as a group to ensure the best patient care possible. The hardest part of my job is losing a patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the results of the hard work that the combined staff members have accomplished with our patients.
Pros
Close to home, good hours, great pay.
Poor management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 2, 2016
Productivity is the only thing that matters. Patient care is not a concern much less a priority. Management has poor communication skills, lie and fill you with promises. Their stories change depending on the day and what manager you actually talk to. Seem to promote the worst employees while the better ones get stuck with all the work. No support from management and you are not given the tools you need to fulfill your job. You are treated like a robot, not a human. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
OK company to work for but nothing to write home about
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  NCApril 22, 2016
My program director creates an environment not conducive to happy employees! She doesn't really understand the big picture but isnt willing to listen & learn about it. She tries to rule with a passive-aggressive iron fist...Ha! lol My co-workers are awesome & we do our best not to let things effect the services our patients receive. If not for the boss everything would be GREAT!

Well the health benefits could be a bit better too.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my patients' faces when I walk into the room & when I walk out. Always night & day. They may be depressed & down but by the time Im done they will have a smile on their face. I love seeing the progress from beginning of tx until discharge. That is why I do what I do!
Unethical expectations/second tier management slave drivers
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Southern IllinoisJune 12, 2016
This company used to be more patient centered. It has since turned into a numbers game with PD's taking unrealistic demands from the DO's but with no support and demands on front line staff of high minutes for low minute patients with no room for discussion or using therapists best judgement. Therapists are turned into pawns instead of highly educated professionals. Upper levels worried about their bonuses and not pt care. Overall, the first 3-4 years were enjoyable and the last 3 were miserable but in small towns employment opportunities are limited to I was stuck. It became a power trip for management and no teamwork allowed as it wasn't allowed as every single minute had to be accounted for.
Pros
Cons
High, unrealistic productivity, micro-managed
Poor overall work experience
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXMay 25, 2016
The only thing good there is the building. It looks nice and it's new. Other than here are the negative things:
1. PT and OT do all notes. Yes, even assistants' progress note
2. No workflow
3. You work on ipads - slow ipads
4. Poor overall experience. Glad I left.
Pros
Nice looking building - that's it
Cons
PT do all notes - even progress notes of PTAs. PTAs only do daily note period!
It's all about the $
PRN Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2016
Productivity productivity productivity you're expected to be at 90% which gives you six minutes downtime out of every hour it is impossible to make those numbers in a large building they don't really care about the quality of care that is delivered to the patient also he cares that the therapists are registered therapist Fraud is committed on a regular basis though everybody including management seems to turn thier head PRN staffing is a joke with shift cancellations on a regular basis pulling from other bldgs instead of giving the shift to the PRN therapist that scheduled months in advance I guess if you can't get a job anywhere else this is better than nothing
Pros
Fellow therapist
Cons
Productivity
Great employees, poor upper management
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIMarch 15, 2016
I work with amazing therapists who are hardworking, compassionate, and very skilled at what they do. This is not always appreciated by upper management who is more concerned with productivity standards, and how things look on paper. Insurance companies make this a difficult setting to enjoy working in. Best part of the job is the great therapists and rehab manager I have the opportunity to work with. RehabCare in general, is only concerned about corporate gains.
Rehab Care is a good company to work for to gain knowledge and experience working in sub acute/long term care. Productivity 75%
COTA (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 2, 2016
Rehab Care is somewhat fast paced due to productivity standards. The therapists were great to work with and always willing to help and assist with any questions or concerns I had regarding treatment. Management when available was ok. They did answer questions, concerns, and very knowledgeable regarding insurance and billing issues. Hardest part of job not knowing how many patients will have to be see due to admissions. I learned a lot about billing, notes, and using modalities.
Pros
therapist were great to work with and like family
Cons
having to punch out when patients are not available for treatment
High energy, supportive upper managment
rehab director & Agency Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 2, 2016
As a rehab director within a contracted rehab company, expectations are always high to maintain productivity and other quantitative metrics. Upper management are supportive and seek ways to help in advancement.
Pros
Big company with many resources
Cons
Supervisory lives in other states
Poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILFebruary 12, 2016
Management is very unprofessional. Terrible communication skills, very condescending and talks down to employees. All negative feedback, tells employees everything they do wrong nothing they are doing right. Loves to be in control of everything and MICRO MANAGE but at the same time DELEGATES EVERYTHING!!!!! There is A LOT of paper work but management expects for you to be productive. If you want peace of mind and a decent pay check, find a different location to work for another company!
wonderful co-workers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXApril 8, 2016
enjoy working with the people there
my day can be super busy but I enjoy it the interaction with the patient and family

hardest part of my job is trying to find placement of patient that have no were to go, no family at all they are homeless
Cons
them not telling us what is going on with the company
Love the people
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 25, 2016
Management is poor. Low compensation for duties given. Raises should be an embarrassment to the company. Have worked for 37 years and have never been given a raise of .09 cents!! Have received nothing but great reviews from superiors.
Pros
Love the atmosphere within the workplace
Rehab Care was a good company to work for a large company.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bandera, TXMay 29, 2016
Rehab care had very good technology for employees compared to other companies. My co-workers were very diverse and knowledgeable which I enjoyed . The company did not at that time offer much as far as educational benefits.
The worst company on the planet
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2016
Terrible leaders and dishonesty all over the place. You walk in on a typical day and never know who will be there or who will not. Turnover rate is huge. Leaders are angry people who are full of fake smiles and lies. The pay is the worst in the industry. Co-workers are sad and unhappy, nobody is happy to come into work.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
All of the dishonest leaders
Wonderful learning experience.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2016
Fun and positive work environment with good communication of all disciplines working with patient. Good support from Program Director. Top notch equipment in Physical Therapy gym for therapist to utilize in patients plan of care.
If you want to get burned out, work for RehabCare
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYJune 8, 2016
I would work nine hours but could only get paid for six hours because nine hours made me unproductive. Unethical unrealistic goals. I'm surprised that this company is still in business.
Pros
Cons
Poor ethics overworked
very good company to work for.
NURSE LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 30, 2015
updates, pt, assessments, verify insurance and start precerts. Over the other marketing liaisons. Participated in marketing events.the hardest part of my job was again disappointing the patients and the most enjoyable part was being a key player in their road to recovery.
Pros
Ability to grow by developing relationships at all Little Rock Hospitals
Cons
retirement benifits
okay company
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 19, 2015
Rehabcare like a lot of companies have become to focused on productivity and not the PT. Placing all pt in ultra high category to get the most money. Not listening to therapist recommendation of what category is proper at times. Hiring to many therapist then cutting hours.
Overall Rehabcare benefits are equal to other companies. Bottom line to all companies is how your program director treats you and your co workers.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, had to work christmas
Loved my team but management is unethical
SLP (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for RehabCare only because of my fellow therapists. The higher-ups pressure rehab directors to make every patient Ultra High and this is almost always inappropriate and unnecessary. When asked to lower minutes for an easily fatigued patient with limited participation, director stated "just see them for 2 shorter sessions." Management is made up of people who have either never treated or haven't treated in years, so they have no concern for the ethical standards of our occupations nor for the clinical judgement of their therapists. Also I never know if my day will be 4 hours or 10. If new MedA patients are admitted, I am required to conduct a full evaluation even if they have no needs.
Pros
Competent therapists - if only the company listened to their input on therapy candidacy or RUGs
Cons
Inconsistent caseload, Unethical, Management doesn't listen to therapists' clinical judgment, Unnecessarily high RUGs