RehabCare Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 2, 2016
Productivity is the only thing that matters. Patient care is not a concern much less a priority. Management has poor communication skills, lie and fill you with promises. Their stories change depending on the day and what manager you actually talk to. Seem to promote the worst employees while the better ones get stuck with all the work. No support from management and you are not given the tools you need to fulfill your job. You are treated like a robot, not a human. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
OK company to work for but nothing to write home about
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  NCApril 22, 2016
My program director creates an environment not conducive to happy employees! She doesn't really understand the big picture but isnt willing to listen & learn about it. She tries to rule with a passive-aggressive iron fist...Ha! lol My co-workers are awesome & we do our best not to let things effect the services our patients receive. If not for the boss everything would be GREAT!

Well the health benefits could be a bit better too.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my patients' faces when I walk into the room & when I walk out. Always night & day. They may be depressed & down but by the time Im done they will have a smile on their face. I love seeing the progress from beginning of tx until discharge. That is why I do what I do!
therapy
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNApril 13, 2016
I learned the casmba system that Rehabcare uses. I love working next to the therapist and see how they work with their patients
wonderful co-workers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXApril 8, 2016
enjoy working with the people there
my day can be super busy but I enjoy it the interaction with the patient and family

hardest part of my job is trying to find placement of patient that have no were to go, no family at all they are homeless
Cons
them not telling us what is going on with the company
Great Company to work for!
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, RIMarch 29, 2016
Very Supportive at the management level! I am proud to work for RehabCare. I have had great experiences with my Area Director through challenging day to day tasks-I feel they have certainly helped me grow in my profession.
It's all about the $
PRN Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2016
Productivity productivity productivity you're expected to be at 90% which gives you six minutes downtime out of every hour it is impossible to make those numbers in a large building they don't really care about the quality of care that is delivered to the patient also he cares that the therapists are registered therapist Fraud is committed on a regular basis though everybody including management seems to turn thier head PRN staffing is a joke with shift cancellations on a regular basis pulling from other bldgs instead of giving the shift to the PRN therapist that scheduled months in advance I guess if you can't get a job anywhere else this is better than nothing
Pros
Fellow therapist
Cons
Productivity
Nice complany to work for
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 21, 2016
Concerned about the supervision of rehab aides. Fun environment to work, supportive staff from hospital management and nursing staff, hardest part of job low census, most enjoyable part of the job my patients
Great employees, poor upper management
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIMarch 15, 2016
I work with amazing therapists who are hardworking, compassionate, and very skilled at what they do. This is not always appreciated by upper management who is more concerned with productivity standards, and how things look on paper. Insurance companies make this a difficult setting to enjoy working in. Best part of the job is the great therapists and rehab manager I have the opportunity to work with. RehabCare in general, is only concerned about corporate gains.
Unrealistic productivity expectations
PT (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 12, 2016
The benefits are great. However, the company expectations are unrealistic and they say that they care for the people that works for them.That is a big joke. All they care for are the numbers. They treat their employees like robots. They will say,they do not tolerate fraudulent acts, but their policies shout it out loud- do it!! When you come in at 8:00 am, the company expects you to be seeing your patient at 8:01. Goodluck with that. Which facility allows that? You go and get your patients, they have not received their meds, not dressed, move to your next patient on the list-same story. Before you know it, you are running around trying to get somebody on your list for 30 mins. Can you bill that under non-billable charges, of course you could! But know that management will get you on your productivity! Pt's needs to be clocked in/out. Point of service documentation. No raises. Very stressful environment. Patients will complain to the management that they were not seen by a therapist, management will just shrug it off because there were charges. Manager only care about meeting the RUG levels. There are therapists who are scheduled to work 10-12 hours but comes in at 3:00 pm, the manager does not care because there are charges!

IF you are a person if integrity,do not work for this company full time.
Benefits
Cons
everything
Rehab Care is a good company to work for to gain knowledge and experience working in sub acute/long term care. Productivity 75%
COTA (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 2, 2016
Rehab Care is somewhat fast paced due to productivity standards. The therapists were great to work with and always willing to help and assist with any questions or concerns I had regarding treatment. Management when available was ok. They did answer questions, concerns, and very knowledgeable regarding insurance and billing issues. Hardest part of job not knowing how many patients will have to be see due to admissions. I learned a lot about billing, notes, and using modalities.
Pros
therapist were great to work with and like family
Cons
having to punch out when patients are not available for treatment
Loved my team but management is unethical
SLP (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for RehabCare only because of my fellow therapists. The higher-ups pressure rehab directors to make every patient Ultra High and this is almost always inappropriate and unnecessary. When asked to lower minutes for an easily fatigued patient with limited participation, director stated "just see them for 2 shorter sessions." Management is made up of people who have either never treated or haven't treated in years, so they have no concern for the ethical standards of our occupations nor for the clinical judgement of their therapists. Also I never know if my day will be 4 hours or 10. If new MedA patients are admitted, I am required to conduct a full evaluation even if they have no needs.
Pros
Competent therapists - if only the company listened to their input on therapy candidacy or RUGs
Cons
Inconsistent caseload, Unethical, Management doesn't listen to therapists' clinical judgment, Unnecessarily high RUGs
Poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILFebruary 12, 2016
Management is very unprofessional. Terrible communication skills, very condescending and talks down to employees. All negative feedback, tells employees everything they do wrong nothing they are doing right. Loves to be in control of everything and MICRO MANAGE but at the same time DELEGATES EVERYTHING!!!!! There is A LOT of paper work but management expects for you to be productive. If you want peace of mind and a decent pay check, find a different location to work for another company!
enjoyed the interaction with the people
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Peanutz Bar Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2016
The job itself was nice, enjoyed being around and interacting with all sorts of people. The owners of the bar Peanutz Bar are racist though and very ignorant.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
Working for racist
Supports great patient care
Director (Former Employee) –  WashingtonFebruary 3, 2016
Worked for the company for 5+ years with no issues. The healthcare industry really placed employees in situations to boost a productive environment yet depended on the patient's level of participation.
The worst company on the planet
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2016
Terrible leaders and dishonesty all over the place. You walk in on a typical day and never know who will be there or who will not. Turnover rate is huge. Leaders are angry people who are full of fake smiles and lies. The pay is the worst in the industry. Co-workers are sad and unhappy, nobody is happy to come into work.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
All of the dishonest leaders
Great staff and atmosphere to work in!!
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 19, 2016
I had a wonderful experience working for Rehabcare, I would work for the company again in a heartbeat! Weekly newsletters and education available. My coworkers were friendly and always ready to assist
very good company to work for.
NURSE LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 30, 2015
updates, pt, assessments, verify insurance and start precerts. Over the other marketing liaisons. Participated in marketing events.the hardest part of my job was again disappointing the patients and the most enjoyable part was being a key player in their road to recovery.
Pros
Ability to grow by developing relationships at all Little Rock Hospitals
Cons
retirement benifits
Great co workers and clients
occupational therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2015
Very good facility with strong rehab culture. Excellent DOR with cultured management style. Awesome co therapists and support staff.
Great team!
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 21, 2015
RehabCare has been a great employer. Granted, we have relinquished some things over the years, such as paid holidays and overtime, but the team at my facility works well together, works hard and has the patient's best interests in mind.
Pros
Great team and good resources available
Cons
No paid holidays, sometimes high stress
okay company
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 19, 2015
Rehabcare like a lot of companies have become to focused on productivity and not the PT. Placing all pt in ultra high category to get the most money. Not listening to therapist recommendation of what category is proper at times. Hiring to many therapist then cutting hours.
Overall Rehabcare benefits are equal to other companies. Bottom line to all companies is how your program director treats you and your co workers.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, had to work christmas