RehabCare Employee Reviews

Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 4, 2016
I typically worked 6-8 hours in a skilles nursing type setting with many differnt persoanlities and skill levels. When census was low, employees were offered to go to differnt buildings to work instead of no pay days.
Love my coworkers and management
Physical Therapy Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2016
The program director and regional director are great. I have awesome co workers who are always there when you need them. The nursing staff is also great, there is always an open line of communication.
Not the best company
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MANovember 30, 2016
I worked for 6 years with this company. . One this is they do not appreciate what they have at times.. and they are all about getting money not patient care like they say..
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Thosenin high postions have power kicks. And mistreat coworkers
excellent facility
Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  Hometown, PANovember 15, 2016
provide therapist/patient schedules
I learned about PPS payment system
I enjoyed my c0-workers and management team
Hardest part of job was drive distance from home
Patient improvement
Pros
communication with other departments
Cons
drive distance from home
Poor place to work with unrealistic productivity expectations
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNNovember 9, 2016
I was asked to do DC summaries and progress notes for patients that I had never met. The focus was on productivity/RUG levels. There was not enough support staff. I was encouraged to treat Medicare patients in groups to maximize productivity, sacrificing the quality of care. Horrible experience. Felt many aspects of the care were unethical. Now in a different state and wouldn't work for this company again.......
Pros
Nice facility.
Steady work in skilled facility or acute care.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 31, 2016
Job experience in SNF steady and has good hours. Case load can increase and decrease. Certain patient expectations for therapy tolerance and "minutes needed per day" for reimbursement can be difficult at times.

At acute care level, more labor intensive due to type of patient and diagnosis. More freedom during day to do the treatments you need to do and ability to co-treat available. In SNF co-treat is unavailable due to medicare restrictions and time/RUG requirements.
Pros
Work and patients all in one place.
Cons
RUG expectations can affect ethics, patient progression and overall attitude and demeanor of therapists.
Great Start Up Career
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 12, 2016
This is a great place to work to gain experience and move forward with your career. I find that this is not the place I will work forever but I'm glad I came.
Pros
Experience
and cut hours on full time employees giving full days to travellong therapists. it sho
COTA (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 24, 2016
Rehab Care only cares about the mighty dollar. They over staff and cut hours on full time employees giving full days to travelling therapists. A decent company protects their full-time staff. Rehab Care does not. Management treats the PD like dirt and doesn't acknowledge staff unless to reprimand for low productivity or not "getting all your minutes" with a Med A patient.
It's difficult to fathom that Rehab Care corporate people were once therapists and once had a goal to help people. Money changes people.
I would never work for this company again.
Pros
Had a great rehab team
Cons
90% of rehab team quit to work for a company that cares about their employees
No regard for their employees.
Fomer employee (Former Employee) –  KansasSeptember 17, 2016
You find there is no room for growth. If you are meeting the expectations of RUG levels and the high productivity standards,which you get a report on every day on how that is going, then management will be mildly pleased. Corporate ladder of success is a joke..it is more of a step ladder to see who upper management can step on and mold the ones below like puppets to do what they want. Looking to weed out the ones who are more patient centered and bring in new blood that will only think how they want the to think..which is financially!
Pros
Good therapists
Cons
Everything else
love working with my therapy team and patients
cerified occupational therapy assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2016
I enjoy working with all therapist within this company. Many opportunities for clinical growth and education. My favorite part of this job is the patients and co-workers.
enjoyed company
Administrative/Rehabilitation Tech (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCSeptember 11, 2016
great company. loved the people and found the work rewarding. management is wonderful and team is even better. patients come first with this company for sure.
No loyalty to employees.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2016
Kindred took over Rehab Care. Currently they are purposefully pushing out senior level therapists to hire cheaper therapists to be their slaves. Some employees are being forced to increase their hours or be let go. There are no benefits for part time employees. There is no respect for employee ideas. An overly socialized company with only the top management receiving bonuses for therapists hard work. No raises ever given, no advancement, pay cuts are given for switching jobs within 30 miles .
Not the worst, but not great.
Bridgeway Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILAugust 31, 2016
This company doesn't exhibit care or compassion for patients or employees in rehabilitation setting. Unrealistic productivity expectations. Pressure to see patients who are not appropriate for skilled treatment. Company has not given raises in the past 5 or so years. Generally flexible in terms of setting your own schedule or vacation. I stay, because I really like my coworkers, but I hate seeing how patients and fellow employees are treated by this company. Also, insurance is not that good, and you need to jump through hoops in order to keep prices affordable.
Pros
Workday flexibility
Cons
No compassion from company, poor benefits, no raises
Productive work environment
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33433August 31, 2016
Work closely with DOR- Director of Rehab. Prepare reports for DOR, and therapist schedule. Transport patients to and from therapy. Attends managers meetings. Assist therapist with patients, complete unfinished clerical task.
Not friendly
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2016
Terrible place to work, no one wanted to help out or answer questions. Everyone was quick to throw people under the bus. Rude.
Good company for the most part
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 18, 2016
Daily schedule varies based on facility census and therapy caseload, management typically helpful with staffing and everyday as well as rare issues, therapy staff is more like a family instead of coworkers, hardest part of the job- maintaining productivity standards, most enjoyable part of the job- patient care.
Pros
Many free CEU's
Cons
High productivity expectations
Good company
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, NCAugust 14, 2016
Good company just wished they offered more incitivies and better vacation plans. The company in general is great just not happy with benefits but you get that with any company.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Better benefits
Find another company to work for
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  MNAugust 14, 2016
Most of their facilities are run by a PTA who they have assigned as the Program Director. They work you to death and have unrealistic productivity. The PT will do 100% of the progress notes and the PTA will do none of the notes. This became their new policy September 2015. If you are a PTA, then this is the job for you because all you have to do is treat with no notes to do except daily notes. Whatever the Program Director (PTA) says, it's the law and your opinion doesn't matter whether it is ethical or not. This is the experience I had with RehabCare, but it may be different at other facilities.
Pros
Cons
Management does not want to hear your opinion.
Currently work for RehabCare
Staff Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2016
A typical day includes providing quality therapeutic interventions for patients experiencing decreased independence secondary to physical dysfunction and/or mental illness.
Best coworkers
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYJuly 29, 2016
Better pay would be nice buy overall i love this job iwish they wouldnt change it. Flexible schedule and great program director.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RehabCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8