RehabCare

RehabCare Employee Reviews

The rehab department worked together as an interdisiplinary team when treating patients.
Speech-Language Pathology Intern (Former Employee), Missouri City, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: If you missed a day during the week you could work on Saturdays
Cons: management
A typical day at work consisted of assessing new patients that arrived at the facility and treating the current patients on my caseload. Working at Rehabcare, I learned that every assessment and treatment plan from every discipline is important at the acute stage of healing for patients with neurological impairment. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was the relationships formed with my patients during their treatment period.
amazed still around, no ethics
management (Former Employee), regionalMay 15, 2015
Pros: ha
Cons: too many
this company truly is all about making the leadership richer. there is longevity secondary to them "protecting" each other. they are dishonest and when they get caught in a lie, the next level supports. you will feel helpless as an employee, overworked, underpaid and if something goes wrong, scapegoated. with the amount of lawsuits against REHABCARE, amazed they are still around. Kindred acquisition is what spoiled this company. the management teams that "took over", basically pushed managers out on the street, push for more even if unethical but make sure you stay within the guidelines to make their bottom line profitable. sad sad people. recent departure of the head dishonest and senior managers who have been removed is a start. the government needs to look at upper management so the front line can do the right thing for the patients, afterall, isnt that why we all work for these companies? run as fast as you can.
great place to work
anonymous (Former Employee), IllinoisMay 12, 2015
very busy
fast pace
great co-workers
no room to move up in company
contract companies can be difficult to work with
staff turnover is low
Fun working with my co-workers.
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2015
I like working with RehabCare and I would like to continue working with this company. The benefits is good and my co- workers are easy to get along with.Since I work with this company we have about 6 -7 directors.Each one of them have different way of doing the paper work. We have potluck on our birthdays.
There is no support of employees. The focus is productivity and getting Medicare dlollars. Good therapists have to spend their own money on materials.
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Ability to transfer across Texas n
Cons: Bad working conditions.
This is not a good company to work for. Some days there is no work and you have to go home. On other days there might be 10 or more hours of work and it can be hard to leave. Paperwork is either done while treating a patient or you do it on your unpaid time. You will want to stop being a therapist after working here.
Overal Pleasant Employer
Program Director (Current Employee), Oswego, KSApril 24, 2015
Positive environment with above average middle management as well as coworkers that are willing to assist each other on a pathway to success
Rehab care - now called Southern Health Care
Program director @ Chapel Hill Rehab 03'-07 (Current Employee), Chapel Hill and DurhamApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free CEU courses with free lunches ......
Cons: no cons - yep nothing bad to say here :-)
Casamba billing with productivity standards at roughly 90% per day. Hardest part of the job are the short notice admissions requiring specialized wheelchairs, hoyerlifting and some extreme bariatric conditions.

Most enjoyable part of the job as, with most physical therapy positions, is the improvement of your clients and the personal satisfaction of returning patients to a fully functioning life - to prior functioning level.

Overall a fun place to work however, Southern Health Care does not have the referral source that Rehab Care had and therefore..more spotty PRN jumping around different buildings to accrue hours :-(.
No teamwork
COTA (Current Employee), IndianaApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Difficult nursing staff to work with
. In past too many therapist for caseload, which made hours very short. High productivity standards. Expected to answer all call lights even if resident is not on caseload.
Great and supportive staff
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 24, 2015
Good supportive staff if you have any questions. They are available and accessible through email or phone. Fun work environment, promotes teamwork, organization, and effective communication.
It was a pretty good place to work.
Marketing (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2015
Pros: boss was supportive
Cons: they didn't provide me with a company phone, laptop or projector.
I was at Putnam Hospital Center in the contract therapy company. I loved it there and their management. I also liked my direct manager, but I had 7 or 8 area managers in 8 years that I was there. I didn't find that helpful to keeping the referrals coming in the door.
On the other hand I did learn a lot from some of my area managers and that has helped me in my current position.
Good staff to work with
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Fairhaven, MAMarch 6, 2015
CO-workers were good staff to work with.
A typical day consisted of a caseload of 7-8 pts. Scheduling with OT was usually easy.
The hardest part of the job was getting time off.
I learned quite a bit while working at rehab care about modalities, about neurologically involved pts. I also was trained in Alzhemer's care, since the facility I was assigned to had a large alzhemer's unit
Rewarding experience
Program Director/Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Crown Point, INFebruary 21, 2015
RehabCare is a great employer. My skills have developed greatly while working with such a talented and supportive team in my area.
experience working with older population
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Beacon, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: rewarding
Cons: patients not willing to be treated for therapy.
Enjoy working with the elderly. each patient has their own way of performing. some patient do not want to be bothered in getting better or given any type of treatment. the coworkers i work with are all knowledgeable and work together as a team. it is rewarding when the patient or family member appreciates the treatment that is given to their family memeber.
Mediocre
Per Diem/Contract Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Mexico, MOFebruary 15, 2015
Providing occasional PRN assistance did not afford many opportunities for growth or development. Many co-workers have had very negative things to say about this company including their productivity requirements, unethical practices, and bullying tactics.
RN CL for St. Mary's Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Registered Nurse, Clinical Liaison (Current Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: i have many connections throughout central illinois
Cons: i am available 24/7
My job is to drive volume on our inpatient rehabilitation unit. A typical day would start early with verifying the current census and how many open beds we had. Depending on what our team had laid out in our weekly marketing meeting, each day my main goal was to admit patients. In order to do this, we would strategically outline where I would spend my time each day whether it would be in a hospital in another city or in a doctor's office. In order to process the data, we preauthorize insurances as well as obtain approval of the admission from our team. I also met with various members of other teams to obtain referrals for the right level of care. I have learned so much through this process. We utilize many reports to show current statistics varying from current weekly information to monthly to yearly data. I highly respect the demands the management team had because my work directly affect their scheduling. For example, if I had 5 patients I could bring to the unit this may affect nursing and therapist staffing availability. My coworkers and I have been able to facilitate our admissions and communicate the information to our team. The hardest part about the job is also the best part which is being available to situations as they occur. I have been so blessed to see so many people recover and we are a part of the team that reaches such goals. This job is not one that ever closes. Schedules change for all kinds of reasons. For example, a family member might be able to be present for this discussion at an earlier or later time or a patient may not be available due to a situation that occurs. I have worked at being available to our community so that needs are met whether its a patient, a physician, a nurse, therapist, social worker, case manager, director, etc.
Professional place
Certified Occupational Therapist assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Good team work and patient care
Good feedback between therapist and assistants
No support from area manager!
therapy program director (Former Employee), ncJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: locations
Cons: no support from area managers.
Was put in a management job where the area manager left the old manager and one of her family members in the same dept. The dm. Knew from day one,that the old manager was a problem causing chaos. No backing at all from him! Also company has no room for advancement. No raises and horrible benefits!
Productive and fun working environment
COTA/L, Full-time (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 16, 2015
RehabCare is a nice company to work for. They have flexible hours and schedule. Electronic documentation, nice facilities and great co-workers.
PTA PRN
PTA PRN (Current Employee), St. Louis MOJanuary 11, 2015
Perform the interventions for the plan of care per the PT while in the skilled nursing setting.
Ok place
Occupational Therapist-PRN (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: management easy to work with
Cons: small work space, little ingenuity
This is an ok place to work.

Morale is low and it's more like a therapy mill!

Impersonal care to patients but the system does not allow much else

About RehabCare

RehabCare is a major provider of rehabilitation program management services to hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living centers, – Read more

RehabCare Salaries