RehabCare

RehabCare Employee Reviews

Good staff to work with
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Fairhaven, MAMarch 6, 2015
CO-workers were good staff to work with.
A typical day consisted of a caseload of 7-8 pts. Scheduling with OT was usually easy.
The hardest part of the job was getting time off.
I learned quite a bit while working at rehab care about modalities, about neurologically involved pts. I also was trained in Alzhemer's care, since the facility I was assigned to had a large alzhemer's unit
Rewarding experience
Program Director/Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Crown Point, INFebruary 21, 2015
RehabCare is a great employer. My skills have developed greatly while working with such a talented and supportive team in my area.
experience working with older population
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Beacon, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: rewarding
Cons: patients not willing to be treated for therapy.
Enjoy working with the elderly. each patient has their own way of performing. some patient do not want to be bothered in getting better or given any type of treatment. the coworkers i work with are all knowledgeable and work together as a team. it is rewarding when the patient or family member appreciates the treatment that is given to their family memeber.
Mediocre
Per Diem/Contract Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Mexico, MOFebruary 15, 2015
Providing occasional PRN assistance did not afford many opportunities for growth or development. Many co-workers have had very negative things to say about this company including their productivity requirements, unethical practices, and bullying tactics.
RN CL for St. Mary's Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Registered Nurse, Clinical Liaison (Current Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: i have many connections throughout central illinois
Cons: i am available 24/7
My job is to drive volume on our inpatient rehabilitation unit. A typical day would start early with verifying the current census and how many open beds we had. Depending on what our team had laid out in our weekly marketing meeting, each day my main goal was to admit patients. In order to do this, we would strategically outline where I would spend my time each day whether it would be in a hospital – more... in another city or in a doctor's office. In order to process the data, we preauthorize insurances as well as obtain approval of the admission from our team. I also met with various members of other teams to obtain referrals for the right level of care. I have learned so much through this process. We utilize many reports to show current statistics varying from current weekly information to monthly to yearly data. I highly respect the demands the management team had because my work directly affect their scheduling. For example, if I had 5 patients I could bring to the unit this may affect nursing and therapist staffing availability. My coworkers and I have been able to facilitate our admissions and communicate the information to our team. The hardest part about the job is also the best part which is being available to situations as they occur. I have been so blessed to see so many people recover and we are a part of the team that reaches such goals. This job is not one that ever closes. Schedules change for all kinds of reasons. For example, a family member might be able to be present for this discussion at an earlier or later time or a patient may not be available due to a situation that occurs. I have worked at being available to our community so that needs are met whether its a patient, a physician, a nurse, therapist, social worker, case manager, director, etc. – less
Professional place
Certified Occupational Therapist assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Good team work and patient care
Good feedback between therapist and assistants
No support from area manager!
therapy program director (Former Employee), ncJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: locations
Cons: no support from area managers.
Was put in a management job where the area manager left the old manager and one of her family members in the same dept. The dm. Knew from day one,that the old manager was a problem causing chaos. No backing at all from him! Also company has no room for advancement. No raises and horrible benefits!
Productive and fun working environment
COTA/L, Full-time (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 16, 2015
RehabCare is a nice company to work for. They have flexible hours and schedule. Electronic documentation, nice facilities and great co-workers.
PTA PRN
PTA PRN (Current Employee), St. Louis MOJanuary 11, 2015
Perform the interventions for the plan of care per the PT while in the skilled nursing setting.
Ok place
Occupational Therapist-PRN (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: management easy to work with
Cons: small work space, little ingenuity
This is an ok place to work.

Morale is low and it's more like a therapy mill!

Impersonal care to patients but the system does not allow much else
watch your license
staff (Former Employee), jacksonville, n.c.January 8, 2015
Pros: meeting the other honest therapists and always the poor pts who have to be there
Cons: everything
indignant, disrespectful and incompetent leadership. be very careful that you know your licensure/ethical guidelines, because they will not have your back if you follow what they do or tell you to do. it is not all about having a job. therapists put false times in and are pushed to get all time in, even if inappropriate. no feedback accepted. they do not go by their word, so have everything in writing. if you get hurt there, they will not have your back either and try to cover it up. get a lawyer right away.
very stressful chaotic work environment--all about productivity!
Staff Clinical Physical Therapsit (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: several places to float as a per diem; some decent coworkers
Cons: everything!
you wouldn't even think you were working in the health care field! its all about attaining high productivity numbers!!! RUN RUN RUN away from this company! they will exhaust you,make you physically and emotionally ill. some people have left their positions because they had headaches ,stress, even chest pain!!! from the pressure of hitting your expected productivity. You are assigned half -dead patients – more... and expected to perform an hour of PT on them--some cant even get out of bed ! Very unethical,immoral; you are encouraged to "be inventive" w/ patient treatment time, i,e. LIE about your minutes of treatment! expected to do 90-100% productivity!!!.....you dont even need to be a PT to work for them, because you dont get a chance to use your knowledge,or expand it! i cant say enough about how terrible upper management is! they put pressure on middle mgmt to work the therapists practically to death! ihope they go under...i quit quickly! lots of discontent among therapists...exhausting! – less
good company
Program Director (Current Employee), MIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: limited in hours
Not enough hours to support a family. Most employees are PRN/part time and are not full time. While benefits are good there are limitations for employees who are not full time.
A day in Recruiting with RehabCare
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Home BasedJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: working from home, technology, and compensation.
Cons: not have face-to-face contact with co-workers.
In a typical day as a Talent Acquisition Specialist at RehabCare usually entails the following:

* Start day off reviewing new e-mails and voice mail messages
* Review job requisitions in order to see if any new candidates applied over night.
* Source new candidates through e-mail blast, resume mining, and job board postings.
* Contact existing candidates in the pipeline in order to set interviews, extend offers, or assist with the new hire's on-boarding activities.
* Talk with our field Operators regarding current candidates, review of current vacancies, and discuss any future recruiting needs.
Terrible place to start your career
Program Director (Current Employee), WisconsinDecember 21, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Management does not have your back. If you need advice or have questions you don't get answers. Very business oriented and does not care about employees. Would NOT recommend to work here at all ESPECIALLY as a new graduate. No mentorship and will try to take advantage of you and not pay an appropriate wage. Do not work for this company.
Work place
Physical Therapist Assistant - Per Diem Casual (Former Employee), Monticello, MNDecember 15, 2014
Great co-workers! easy going facility. They had difficulty keeping a Rehab Director on staff this made communication difficult
Worst company I have ever worked for
Manager (Current Employee), TnDecember 3, 2014
Cons: sophomoric middle management
The area leadership is childish. They do not support the site managers. They pit the staff against the site manager. Gossip and rumors are the norm. Stay away!
Good support
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Daphne, ALNovember 28, 2014
Patient focused in the rehab hospital division. Good programs for specific diagnoses. Pleasant and cooperative. Did most updates and education online. Great coworkers. Otherwise, just trying to fill in this space so I can get my resume loaded!!
High Standards and Poor Benefits
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches on occasion, available hours
Cons: too concerned on productivity and not on providing good therapy services
Rehab Care was very strict on time management and meeting patients treatment minutes, but not the most ethical. Management pushed that treatment time met even when inappropriate. Every minute had to be accounted for. Felt tethered to job and not much freedom and didn't feel like a valued employee or staff member. Lots of travel between buildings all over St. Louis region. The instability of schedule made home life difficult.
Patients rock!
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Parsons, KSNovember 10, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: micromanaged
Loved working with my patients but productivity reports were a drag. Overall it is a good experience.

About RehabCare

RehabCare is a major provider of rehabilitation program management services to hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living centers, – Read more

RehabCare Salaries