RehabCare Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
OTR (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAApril 19, 2017
Horrible management. All they care about is making money even if it means asking therapists to provide services that aren't necessary or appropriate. They treat their employees horrible. Turn over rate is very high, people quit and/or get fired like it's no big deal. I witnessed 1 employee quit within 1 week of being hired. I have seen multiple of my co-workers cry because of how little they are about us.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Horrible management, money hungry
Good group to work with
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202April 18, 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Materials available to perform our jobs. Good on the job training. Everyone gets along and we work together well. We keep a manageable caseload.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great co workers
REHAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILApril 18, 2017
I loved working for this company! My co workers were great and everyone worked together to make our work environment an enjoyable work place. The program director was outstanding with leading our team.
Horrible Company To Work For
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 15, 2017
Poor Management and work ethics - all about the money and not patient care. More than 10 employees have resigned and no see the manager as being the problem. The business as a whole is suffering financially.
Pros
Cons
No one trying to resolve poor management issues.
Too big to care
PRN staff Physical Therapist- PRN (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MOApril 12, 2017
I worked only PRN for this company. Hours could vary per my discretion, yet often when you got to the facility you were to work for the hours would be much more than you anticipated. Paperwork took much longer due to poor training and use of EMR system from facility to facility.
Pros
set your hours
Cons
management and training were not sufficient
I enjoyed working at Rehab Care. Lots of good benefits and they care about their employees and show appreciation for the jobs they do.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 11, 2017
Cares about employees; Management was off site with contact throughout year to discuss any house keeping issues. Listens to employees regarding standard of living costs and benefits.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule with management at satellite offices
Cons
No direct manager to see if there are issues that need to be dealt with immediately
Not a good fit for me
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 11, 2017
The facility itself was nice, but the culture of RehabCare was not right for me. Productivity was pushed over patient care which was very stressful as I'm someone who strives to perform well but am more focused on patient care during treatment time. And you were allowed very little time for chart review, paperwork/gathering signatures, documentation, or filling out forms for patient updates - time spent on those things lowered your productivity percentage. Staff complained a lot about this making it a pretty depressing environment.
Pros
Paid well, great residents
Cons
Everything else
Great colleagues, great regional director
Director of Therapy Texas Specialty Hospital (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 9, 2017
The company had to leave the facility we were assigned to due to facility closure; unfortunately there was not a position for me open at the time. Loved, loved, loved my Regional Director.
Pros
Let me do my job as a director and gave support as needed.
Cons
A lot of meetings required by facility
Usual SNF rehab company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 9, 2017
Rehabcare is pretty focused on productivity and high RUG rates, but then everyone is at this point. The benefits were decent but the pay will not blow your socks off.
Excellent benefits
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2017
Your experience will depend on what building you work in and the associated administration. Overall, Rehab Care is great and offers excellent benefits and job security. Just review the building before you hire on.
Pros
Benefits, average productivity requirements
Cons
Clock in/ clock out for treatment times, lots of paperwork (whats new)
great facilities, quality staff and good flexibility with schedule.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 1, 2017
Management does not have realistic expectations in regard to facility demands and patient care, focusing on productivity too much. However I enjoy my patients, co-workers as well as the flexibility of the schedule in allowing time for personal reasons.
Pros
flexibility for personal needs such as doctor appt
Cons
little to no raises, poor or no match with 401K
Less work but poor judgement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2017
When it comes to the workers they will work with you but some of them will catch you to mess up and tells lies on you to the manager in charge then they will terminate you in a heart beat over what he said or she said. It's best to keep your mouth close while working at this place most five star facility do not play when it comes to their residents. So be mindful of what you said to a resident cause most co-workers will take it to a wrong offense.
Pros
Less work
Cons
Poor judgement not enough pay
Good company.
Certified Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTMarch 31, 2017
Nice place to work. Good compensation. I enjoy working for this company. They provide good benefits to their employees. I worked for this company for 14 years.
flexible
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belleville, KSMarch 27, 2017
I only work part time/PRN and they are flexible with my schedule. They are progressive and have iPad mini's for all documentation which is nice to be able to carry to residents rooms if needed.
if you are looking for flexibility this is not the place.
PTA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 23, 2017
productivity standards are the normal. very busy low functioning patients. rehab to home was a joke, because the patients they brought in was rehab to LTC. Do not expect any orthopedic patients because they will not send them to this facility. I use to work for Rehabcare in the past and it definitely is not the same.
Cons
clock out lunch breaks are required.
Productive and fun
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAMarch 21, 2017
Did not work for this company for long, but enjoyed the experience. Area director was awesome and employees were pretty good and all passionate about their jobs.
Overall experience
OTA (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 20, 2017
This was a tough environment to work in. Nursing staff difficult to work with as a team. The company cared more about productivity than anything else! I was very disappointed with both the company and the facility. Fellow Therapists were great, but a general low morale among them. Glad I moved on!
Pros
Cons
Good rehab staff
Look elsewhere
Medical (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 11, 2017
This place doesnt care are they employees satisfaction. All they care about is the money and their patient volume. I was really looking fowarded to grow with this company but they just dont care. They protect the employees that are actually causing more harm than good. They are non-compliant and when state shows up they put on a show and then go back to not caring. They dont offer help and wait till you sink and blame it all on you. They also under pay their employees. LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!!!
Pros
You can take off and they wouldnt care.
Cons
They blame it all on for a dissatisfied patient instead of the team.
Productive workplace
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 7, 2017
Great atmosphere.
I've learned to work with different personalities and behaviors.
The hardest part of my job is watching patients lose all hope.
The most enjoyable part of my job is watching my patients succeed.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
not enough pay
Company more concerned about making money than the progress of patients.
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 7, 2017
Felt like I was seeing patients that didn't always need it due to company need for profits. Felt fraudulent at times. Good insurance and pay. Difficult to work for boss with the company and also with the boss of the nursing facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RehabCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8