Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana

Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana Employee Reviews

Good place for rehab
LPN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2017
Interesting hospital experience. Most patients have recovered from a near-fatal experience, come to RHI to relearn life skills. The rehab staff is excellent, and do an excellent job getting patients back to an independent level.
Pros
Good benefits
Productive and Fun
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2017
RHI is a great place to work as long as the company is stable and growing. RHI lacks in job stability. They had to downsize when I was there.
Overall, it was relaxed and everyone was friendly.
Pros
patient care
Cons
job stability
A good vision but very poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2017
This company has the potential to be a great place to work. Unfortunately, upper management makes unwise decisions, does not listen to staff that actually are responsible for the decisions they make and have no accountability. Responsibility for failures are pushed onto the managers, who have no control over the decisions made by upper management. CEO only wants to hear positive things - not things that concern employees, problems with management or other issues employees may have.
Pros
Great vision, great employees, wonderful work
Cons
Awful management, no room for career advancement, stressful work conditions
Marketing Department/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work. Clean, fast pace, knowledgable, friendly, Learned so much more than I even knew or expected I would even imagine in a job. It helped me find my career path.
Pros
clean
Cons
fast pace
Hard work, but very rewarding
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shore Drive, Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2017
The nature of the work for a nurse was difficult physically and mentally, but being able to see a patient's dramatic improvement after a stroke was amazing.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2017
I would recommend someone to work there, you get to experience
all the miracles that happens on the daily basis and they have a great
therapy team as well as knowledgeable workers who enjoy their job.There is no hard part about the job everyone works as a team. It was a pleasure and honor to work there.
Pros
Everyone treat you as family from co workers to CEO and COO
Cons
Can't really find any fault here
Great place for patients and rehab!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2017
It's a great place for the patients with very knowledgeable therapists who are there to encourage and progress their patients to the best of their ability!
Pros & cons say it all.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2017
see my Pros & cons.

The shift I work is nights. I actually enjoy the night crew through out the hospital. We have knowledgeable & high experienced Nurses from a variety of backgrounds.
Pros
Benefits & compensation
Cons
difficult to use your acquired PTO for time.
very unprofessional work enviornemt, new employees are not welcome.
NRT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2016
wouldn't be a bad place of employment if they get a few bad apples out the bunch. I noticed a lot of childish behavior. a lot of gossiping and backstabbing. not much of the professional hospital you think your going to work at.
Pros
the double premiums are nice
Cons
bad work enviornment
Positive Environment
Neuropsychology Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2015
RHI is a good place to work and has given me many experiences over the years. I have been able to gain a lot of knowledge about brain injuries, as well as learning skills for my future.

Want to know more about Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana?

Ask a question
GREAT place to work!
PRN Radiology Tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2015
I can't say enough good things about this hospital! Management is more than fair, co-workers are mature and all about the patients and the shift flies by.....it's quitting time before you know it.
Fun events by management and I learned a lot during my internship.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2015
I worked here for an unpaid internship over the summer filling out basic journal entries and doing small projects for management. The management team was very nice to me and allowed me plenty of space to work and learn. The environment was good as management had many fun events for their employees, however, besides these events it seemed like everyone kept to themselves and only interacted when someone needed something. Overall, I enjoyed my time at RHI.
Pros
Space and time to work, fun events, able to choose break times
Cons
Little interaction with management, bad system of organization
Excellent opportunity for growth. Supportive managment and environment.
Scheduling Supervisor - Admissions (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2015
I held many positions at Methodist Hospital so it is difficult to describe a typical day. I learned so much and had the best manager I have ever had.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2015
My internship experience with this organization was excellent. The Health Information Service personal was very helpful with my capstone project. I had to opportunity to interview some department managers about their role and responsibilities.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
productive
LPN (Former Employee) –  indpls, inMarch 1, 2015
learned a lot about patient care, transporting patients and how to handle brain injured patients. good management and training for the staff.
Pros
good patient nurse ratio
Cons
heavy lifting
Good Workplace
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2014
I enjoy working here. Low census=no hours. Overstaffed
Great learning environment. No job advancement for LPN's.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Low Census
Not impressed by the Nursing Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2014
The Administration is very good, trying their best at creating a team work environment. It's just that the Nurses you work with are not nice at all, mostly this is a "eat your young" type of environment. The CNAs do what they like, without much consideration to authority. This is the first and only workplace I have worked that has so much hostility. There are constant meetings and surveys on "working conditions improvement", which let's me know the administration are aware of what a big problem this is. The job is also very labor intensive with RNs providing showers, lifting a lot, changing adult briefs on top of all the Nursing work you already have to do. I currently work at RHI, but I am currently serving out my two weeks notice and leaving to join another company. I would not recommend RHI to any person based on my experience. I would recommend Walmart before RHI.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Horrible work environment
Support/Encourage patients and family
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2014
Heavy lifting. Carefully monitor patients for their safety. Interesting working with Traumatic Brain Injury patients. You learn to love them where they are. Management, back in 2004, not the best. Co-workers depending on shift, they either eat their young, or are supportive.
Pros
Getting time to be familiar with patients and families
Cons
Heavy Lifting
So far all of my supplemental RN shifts have been cancelled
Supplemental RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2014
I have not been at RHI long enough to give a knowledgeable review
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Cancelled work shifts
good/bad qualities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2013
Very limited opportunities for advancement and continuing education.

Often appears to be a healthcare facility that's struggling. HUGE nursing retention problem.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8