Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific Employee Reviews

REHAB is a great organization in which to be employed for their work ethics and care and concern for the patients and staff.
Payroll/PCS Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 16, 2013
A typical day for me at REHAB included by review of paper timesheets for completion before updating the ANSOS payroll system; acquiring signatures from employees who did not sign-off on their timesheets; answering payroll-related questions by the nursing staff; comparing agency invoices against in-house timesheets for accuracy; pick-up and delivery of mail; and, other clerical duties. What I learned at REHAB was the process of reviewing physical therapists notes for accuracy, completion and correct billing. I found my direct supervisor and her manager to be resourceful, compassionate, approachable and and humble as they did not feel it to be degrading to step in and help out the nursing staff whenever necessary. My co-workers fell into one of two categories, gossipers or talkers, neither behavior of which I engage. The hardest part of my job was contacting the employees that worked Evening shift when I had questions regarding entries that they made on their timesheets; I worked Day Shift but began work at least an hour before the night shift ended. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to answer the nurses payroll questions regarding policy and procedures in line with the union contract.
Night shift teams are fun to work with.
LPN medication and treatment nurse (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 4, 2012
Typical night work: administer meds and treatments, help nurse aides with assignments, documentation, prepare work space area

Learned all my skills needed in this facility and that being patient and humble to patients and co-workers gets you more help when needed and ask.

Co-workers are the best....teamwork to get the job done and to make our patients happy

Hardest part of job is when we are short staff.

Enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide good quality care and making our patients feel comfortable in the facility.
Pros
1 hr break at night, teamwork
Cons
short staff at times
Non-profit physical restoration facility serving Hawaii and Pacific Basin
Geriatric Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 4, 2012
Directed Stroke, Orthpedic/Amputee and General Rehabilitation
programs including program development, budgeting, fiscal responsibility, marketing, patient/family education, program evaluation and quality assurance. Coordinated activities of interdisciplinary team of professionals.
Implemented Functional Independence Measure program evaluation and established follow-up program evaluation system.

Previously worked as Programs Assistant, Community Relations Coordinator and Administrative Secretary.
Pros
upbeat, positive environment that appreciated staff

4.5