Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago

Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago Employee Reviews

Ok working place
Patient Dinning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60611November 2, 2017
I really don't have the time to write about my former employer. It was an ok working environment. I got the opportunity to worth with different people from different work of life. However, I had other priorities.
Overworked and underpaid
Therapist (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 24, 2017
If you want to get paid in experience rather than money and have a very poor work-life balance, then this place is for you. Management is supportive, but that is just about my only positive!
Poor management in revenue cycle
Ad Interim (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2017
very rigid. No room for failure unless you're one of the favored few. Feeling like you need to be perfect in order or survive. The minority culture there are like crabs in a barrel
Productive work place for health care professionals
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2017
Excellent hospital and organization to work for health care professionals. Gained valuable experience with patient care. Enjoyed working with other health care professionals.
Pros
Overall great patient care experience
Cons
travel to various locations
great work environment and overall patient care.
Flex Staff Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2017
Enjoyed working at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and go excellent work experience with patients. Collaborated with other health care professionals and got an overall better understanding of the various roles of other health care professionals. Enjoyed working with the PTs, OTs, Recreational Therapists and Management.
Pros
Good experience with rehab patients and staff.
Cons
various hours.
to help people to get back on ther on, after a bad accident
Volunteer File Clerk and Wheelchair Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2017
A very nice place -this place helps get people back on there feet --learn how to walk, talk, to go to store. help people get to live on there own. to help people to live on there on again.
Enjoy the hours that I am currently working
Call Center Representative Outpatient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
A typical date at work sign into ACD Phones answer call, do preregistration, schedule patient for doctor/therapy/other appointments work required request list that you are responsible for the most I have learned in my position is to be patient with the caller as far as management in my Department it is well versed and the work culture is very balanced. The hardest part of my job is not being able to find times for therapy for the patients that you are scheduling for due to shortage of staff and for the most part I really enjoy the people I work with and we are able to work as a team to help the process of scheduling move smoothly,
Pros
We are given time to relax and take a brake
Cons
On the other hand if the call volume is high brakes are not taken
Great
Public Safety Officer/Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2017
Awesome company. The people are so nice and friendly. What a great place to work. The cafeteria has great food. Oh my goodness the building is awesome. I also like to share that we work as a team effort and the employees that I work with are top notch employees. You cant get those type of employees, anywhere
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not sure about this
The hardest part of the job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
The hardest part of the job would be driving into downtown Chicago for work. The traffic is very intense. At time I spend up to 2.5 hours per day in traffic, commuting to and from work.
Pros
Located Downtown Chicago
Cons
Located Downtown Chicago
Productive and efficient services provided to patients in need of physical therpay
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2017
Comfortable and inviting work environment with many opportunities to provide physical therapy to patients with impairments. Good opportunity to gain great experience in orthopedic and neuromuscular conditions.
Great Place to Work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time at RIC, but I was laid off due to grant funding. Then again that is a risk you take working in research. I would work at RIC again if the opportunity comes up.
RIC was a great place to work at.
Administrative Assistant for four physicians (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working at RIC but I was working there while I was obtaining my teaching certificate. Upon that acquisition I left to teach.
I felt that RIC was an opportunity for me to be able to go to school while I simultaneously went to school. RIC was great because they were advocates of education and so they worked with me on my schedule allowing me to be able to go to school while working there.
Pros
Very reasonable and kind people to work with and for
Cons
Growth and moving up the ladder was very hard to do.
Working for RIC was a great experience.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
My typical day began with getting all my cleaning supplies for the day.
I learned how to clean/wax floors and how to communicate with others.
Management was ok, I never had any bad experience with management.
Meeting new customer daily I really enjoyed.
Great people, great work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
RIC is filled with competent staff and a decent work life balance. It is exciting and interesting to be apart of such ground breaking work. Staff is dedicated and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Advancement, environment
Cons
During the time I was there, we were going through a department transition that was difficult.
Fun place to work as a volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2017
A great and different place to be around the patients and assist them with exercises and positioning. A place to learn and enhance the communication skills.
Horrible place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2017
Horrible place to work, unfortunately the department I work in is full of favoritism, lack of team participation, sink or swim attitudes and proper training is a minimum. The job itself is very easy. The managers makes it a miserable place to come to. The management team runs this place like a Plantation.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
Horrible managers with rude and unacceptable behavior
SMPP Research Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2017
I worked as an intern in one of the various labs and was enjoyed working there as there was a good environment for student interns to have fun and also build their professional career.
Collaborative and supportive work environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
A normal work day involves routine collaboration with doctors, residents and therapists to ensure that patient care is being optimally delivered and patient goals are being met.
Pros
Collaborative work environment
Cons
Staffing and salary
Great teamwork
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shirley Ryan Ability LabMarch 28, 2017
Inspiring place. Great to learn a lot and work between disciplines for the patient's optimal outcome. Supportive services departments fall short, however, which leads to a lot of frustration.
Fantastic place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2017
I hated that I had to quit this job. My co-workers and the patient's I worked with made going to work every day enjoyable. I never once dreaded it. Even though there was no place for advancement in my position, my boss made every effort to make sure that I was feeling challenged and educated throughout my employment. The patients gave me so much satisfaction because I was able to contribute, even in a small way, to their health and well being. I came to know several patients by name. One of my favorite places to work, for sure!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago Reviews by Location