Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago

Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago Employer Reviews

working here makes you go home @ night felling very fortunate w/ what you have.
FACILITIES MANAGER (Former Employee), healthcare facility in downtown chicago.November 24, 2014
Pros: working w/ a great group of dedicated people.
Cons: long days & daily drives.
work day starts @ 6:30 am & goes until 4:30 pm. l learned something new & different everyday. worked w/ a great group of guys over my years @ the rehab. institute & would not change that. the hardest part of my job was daily driving of visiting sites to complete my work load. best part was feeling of fulfillment on a day of all tasks accomplished.
Loved the Brain Injury Unit
Clinical Instructor, Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: very accessible to get to
Cons: long drive from home
RIC was the place that allowed me to grow from a CNA to a RN and Clinical Instructor with the support and mentoring i received.
Business support stretched thin
IT Applicartions manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2014
Pros: ric mission is a great value
Cons: the staff feel need more support
The Business support is stretched thin
The workplace is friendly in general
The executive team needs to listen more to the front lines managers
Patient Care Tech
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2014
Co-workers were awesome when referring to other Patient Care Techs. Some of the nurses were also great but few in number. PCT's treated bad, like nobody's when you are the backbone. RIC don't care about you, you just a number. Some of the nurses are not helpful and most of the time they won't be doing anything, they feel it's not their job. You get – more... in trouble if you speak up and address concerns. Staffing is bad. Overall this was not a great place to work. – less
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: need more diversity
Great place to work. enjoyed my coworkers - family atmosphere.
Very productive and challenging place to work.
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Homewood, ILJuly 17, 2014
Pros: variety in caseload
Cons: large caseloads
Great variety of patients. Co-workers all had the desire to do the best for each patient. Loved the hard-working environment and complex cases.
Top Rehab hospital for years
PCT (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2014
Cons: hard to advance
RIC is a great company to work for but very hard to advance/grow. They do hire new nurses, which is great, but if you are in a different field it may be hard to snag a position. There aren't many entry level positions available.
Being apart of the best Rehabilitation Hospital for 9 years is very rewarding.
PCT (Current Employee), PediatricsJune 16, 2014
I've been an employee at RIC for 9 years due to the fact I love being apart of helping someone regain there strength. This is the most enjoyable part of my job.
good job
Staff Nurse Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2014
Good job, was only there a short time. Disappointed that filling this review out is mandatory
Research Internship
Summer Research Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2014
Developed the ability to research both in a lab and in the field
Increase my aptitude in computer coding
Acquired the skills in product testing with individuals
The hardest part of the internship was acquiring test subjects
The enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between others in the lab
Caring place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
Pros: having an understanding boss and coworkers
Cons: not being able to please everyone even by going above and beyond.
RIC was a very friendly place to work and everyone was always willing to be a team player.
Love Working Here!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
Pros: flexible, supportive, positive culture, compensation
Working as flex staff RN, on a PRN basis. Flex department is incredibly accommodating and fantastic at ensuring adequate staffing. Coworkers are supportive, positive, and knowledgeable. Clinical ladder for upward mobility in the organization. RIC is innovative and constantly trying to improve to be better for patients and staff. Fantastic job culture. – more... I feel that pay is competitive as well. – less
Amazing place where the difference that our work makes , can be both seen and heartfelt :)
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2013
Pros: excellent for teaching and learning.
Cons: downtown chicago traffic, sometimes...
I, will continue to refer jobseekers to RIC , for the excellent compassion and care that they provide.
Very uplifting everyone always smiling.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2013
Pros: you get to make a patient smile, and make them feel important.
Cons: no free lunches.
I would come in to work. I would prioritize all my equipment before I start work,I get my report on my patients. From there I get started. I leaned that you could be the healthiest person in the world. But,life throws us all a curve ball whether you take care of yourself or not. I had some of the coolest managers working at some of the facilities I – more... have worked.I really enjoyed them. Me and my coworkers all got along well with one another we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job is when you lose a patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see I have completed all my task for the day, and I have made a difference in some ones life. – less
Fun place to work. Had opportunity to interact with individual patients.
Rehabilitation Nurse (traveler) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, slower paced compared to hospitals
Cons: travel assignment that ended
After report, will check on patients for stability. Medications and assessments were next on the list. Will then assisted patients with getting ready for therapy.

Learned to identify changes in patient status. These patients were medically cleared for inpatient rehab and good assessments were needed to discover changes in patient status.

Management – more... was always involved and easily approachable. Management doors were always open.

Co workers were friendly and loved to teach.

Hardest part of the job was getting all the dressing changed done on my shift but I was always able to do them. I enjoyed spending the time with the patients talking while the dressings were being changed.

I enjoyed every part of my job. – less
Great group of people
Intern, Office of the General Counsel & Corporate (Former Employee), Chicago ILOctober 8, 2013
every day new experiences, good cooperative environment, people always eager to help
#1 Rehab facility in US
Pediatric Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2013
Great place to learn amazing patients, clinicians, physicians. Send your family and friends to RIC it was AMAZING!
Educational
RN (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: self scheduling
Cons: high patient to nurse ratio
Excellent opportunity for advancement and further education
ABSOLUTELY A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN PROSTHETICS (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2013
I LOVED WORKING FOR RIC, I HAD LEARNED SO MUCH WITHIN MY TIME THERE. I FELT IT WAS A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE AND I THINK MANY PEOPLE WOULD SAY THE SAME.
Love Volunteering at RIC
Volunteer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2013
This has been such a great place to volunteer at the past four years. There are some great work that is done there everyday and I enjoy giving back to this organization.

About Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago

The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) has been recognized as the "#1 Rehabilitation Hospital in America" since – Read more