REHABILITATION SERVICES Employee Reviews

Absolutely not
Aperion care (Former Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 1, 2017
Wouldn't recommend only good if it there are good managers and workers that come on time to work not calling off and not overly wirked with to many residents
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Always short staffed
i like working elderly they have so much love to bring i enjoy being around them
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJuly 19, 2017
doing home care for rehabilitation services is very interested the hours are fair I have learned so much not just threw my patients threw the company too. once you start working for your patients they keep you busy they love to talk , play games, just love you to be there company. sometimes it might get a little tense some patients might don't want you to do nothing or don't want to talk it get easy. the most enjoyable about this job that I love my elderly and I like taking care of my patients.
good place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2017
This is a fair employer and a good location to work. I would recommend it for anyone who would like to make a difference in the lives of others individuals.
Rehab services do not function under current standards and could close.
Director (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 26, 2017
Rehab services, are not patient oriented and out of date. Staff are very resistant to change. The inpatient service does not take the kind of patients medicare requires of them in this day and age. Nurses are are not well trained and the Union impedes progress. It is not a fun place to work and is certainly not progressive in the field of Rehabilitation.
Pros
CARF certified
Cons
quality of care; attitude of staff is resistant to any change and physician leadership is a problem.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 20, 2016
Very lively and busy place to work. Requires an energetic and patient person. Little to no down time in this type of work.
Rewarding Expereinces
Supported Employment Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 23, 2015
Excellent Agency to work for. Working with Consumers is great and is rewarding when you know you have made a difference in someone else's life.
Benefits
Very hectic work place and unorganized at times
Paraprofessional, work room manager (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNAugust 7, 2015
The participants would show up off the vans and we would escort them into their rooms. Then they would get ready for their organized activities or their day jobs. I have learned that people with mental disabilities are very special individuals and can do just as much as we can. I learned what some of the disorders are and what causes them or how they got to be that way in life. The management was alright at first but after a while started to click and was very hard to work with. Co-workers were okay but also did a lot of gossiping that made work hard. The hardest part of the job was being beat up everyday by the participants. When you work with a mentally disabled adult they are not aware of what they are doing and what their feeling. It is sometimes draining on us as individuals to see them suffer in this way, but we take the beating. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was doing something that I felt I was passionate about. I enjoyed helping these participants and I felt good about what I was doing. I was happy to be a part of their lives and a role model for the women who looked up to me every morning that smiled at me and said, "ready for work Wendy." It just made me feel good deep down and that they enjoyed my presence as well.
Pros
Paid Holidays, earned PTO, raises, 9-3 M-f
Cons
Wasn't full time, no insurance
A Productive Day at the Offce
Senior Disability Examiner (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day at the job is reviewing my to do list and prepare to interview clients that are applying for Social Security benefits. After interviewing clients, we review applications to be developed and submitted to hospitals and clinics for medical records. Once the medical records are received in this office, I review them to make a determination or continue to investigate their medical history so an accurate decision can be made. Secondly, I learn different medical terminology and procedures everyday. I understand different laws pertaining to medical requests as well as different policies and procedures pertaining to Social Security laws. Third, I was chosen in 2005, to attend Leadership and Basic Supervisory training by management. I have some of the best co-workers in the state. They are the most resourceful, educated, and concerned people i have meet and came across. There are some that are hard to deal with, but i continue to be courtesy to them all. The hardest part of my job is to ensure that I meet the demand of all the citizens of my state. The next hardest part of my is job is to denying citizens that are of age, but still does not meet the qualifications of Social Security to receive benefits. Lastly, the satisfying part of the job is knowing that the decision that was made was the best and accurate decision for the client. It gives me pleasure to know that I made a difference in someone life.
Pros
Flexibility, serving the community, and learning mechanism
Cons
compensation and upper mobility
Productive workplace where Mental Health patients receive counseling and skills training
INTERN (Former Employee) –  416 Bienville StreetJanuary 8, 2015
Rehab Services was a warm friendly work environment with Licensed social workers as well as Mental Health Specialist. I learned how to work Clinical advisor and how to enter detailed notes on clients. I learned how to run the office file paperwork and get up to date information on all clients. The hardest part of the job is seeing children who have been mentally and physically abused by family members and people they once trusted. The best part of the job is building trust with your clients and them knowing you are willing to do what ever it takes to help them lead a positive healthy lifestyle despite their past situation. Although this was not a paid internship the knowledge and experience I gained was worth more than a payment. I was able to change lives and make a difference overall that's the most important task in life.
very structured environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSJune 17, 2014
typical days included problem resolution, balancing of cash drawers, spread sheets, and vault, opening new accounts, conducting various transactions, selling annuities, managing safe deposit boxes, etc.

Hardest part of job was balancing all roles simutaneously. Most enjoyable part was satisfaction in knowing you were helping the customer to find resolution to issues of great concern to them.

Co-workers were very team oriented and helped keep things flowing. New management coming in changed the dynamic of the office. Focus was moved from focus on going over and beyond best for customer to protecting the bank. This was of great concern to me.
Pros
Nice holidays
Cons
long hours and constant employee changes
Excellent company
Assistant Director/Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2014
A typical day was quite busy and full of multi-tasking. This was never a boring environment. Co-workers were committed, talented professionals. The hardest part of the job were the difficulties with funding sources. The most enjoyable was the client contact.
Na
Personal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2014
I loved helping the clients due to the fact that they were unable to help themselves I am a people pleaser
My job was a very fun and professional environment to be around.
Administrative Specialist 1/Courier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 3, 2013
I made sure everyone in the building didn't need help with anything. I picked up mail from the post office and delivered. I distributed mail to every office in the building. I learned how to manage important things, mail, office equipment, medical equipment, and state vehicles. I made sure all state vehicles stayed serviced. I delivered medical equipment and picked it up all around the state to houses and other state offices. The hardest part of my job was if my mail machine broke down for any reason. The most enjoyable part was that I was around a lot of older adults who loved talking to me. They all had respect for me and my job duties.
Great Job
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 27, 2013
Great Job and great people. If you work hard you are compensated well. Very organized company and great management.
Good Company to work for
Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 21, 2013
The job can be challenging at times but it is possible. Changes happen alot within the agency so don't be afraid to ask questions.
Pros
benefits/time off
Cons
the clients can be rough at times
NO comment
Regional Rehabilitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 11, 2013
I enjoyed the people I worked with day to day. I will say nothing pro/con about a past employer. Sorry.
A fun and challenging position
COMMUNITY RELATIONS COORDINATOR/ MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 2, 2012
A fun and enjoyable position. The best part of the job was being able to connect with others who used the service and help them with any problems or concerns they had.
Pros
everyday was different
Cons
heavy travel
Flexible
Rehabilitation Counselor III (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 7, 2012
job is very flexible, co-workers work together, and the job is rewarding
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jackson,MSJune 9, 2012
This job was a lot of paperwork, phone contact, and time consuming.