Rehabilitation Support Services

Rehabilitation Support Services Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place!
Housing Specialist/ Case Manager (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: usage of agency vehicles and cell phones
Cons: short lunch break
One of the most valuable things I do with clients is to help them with their productivity and to become self sufficient.
As a housing specialist, my responsibility is to make sure they receive a full assessment and prepare a service plan with the them.
I act on their behalf to make sure they get the best services they need to recover.

I work with them – more... for as long as it takes for them to receive the best services necessary for their recovery. I am there to help them make the best use of mental health services and to ensure that the services respond to their needs quickly and efficiently.

I start my day by doing my monthly visits at the client's residence, or at program. I perform apartment inspections, monitor their medications, work with them on their goals, etc....
Then when I am done with my appointment visits (which can run almost through out the day), I come back to the office and work on my case notes for the day, as well as service plans, and any other paperwork that I might need to complete. – less
client centered drug treatment facility
Program Manager (Former Employee), Saugerties, NYNovember 18, 2013
RSS is a client centered drug treatment facility where a counselor can work at their own pace. management is understanding to the need of their employee
fun place
Program Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYOctober 23, 2013
a lot of work, but fun place to be. many different personalities in one office.
Great Stepping Stone
Resident Counselor (Former Employee), Washingtonville, NYJune 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long overnights
Great enivorment to work. Management there to help educate you and support you. Also, to be successful at the job and advancement.
A nonprofit mental health housing agency that provides services to individuals with a mental health diagnoses.
Case Coordinator (Current Employee), Mohegan Lake, NYApril 10, 2013
Pros: flexiblity of time management, company vehicle
Cons: advancement limited and salary
As a Case Coordinator, I provide day to day case management necessary for individuals with a mental health disorder to increase their stability and independence; allowing them to live within their communities. Services range from teaching regular daily living skills, to medication management, information and referral, advocacy, and support. This position – more... requires the ability to muliti-task, to be comfortable with cultural diversity, time management skills, self-motivation, organization, and excellent communication skills. The toughest part of the job is building the trust of the client and maintaining it. The most enjoyable part is seeing the progress that each person makes while increasing their ability to live independently. – less
Fun Job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Monticello, NYMarch 14, 2013
Pros: easy, relaxed work environment.
Cons: sometimes you had to clean up poo.
I got to work in a house with people that had psychiatric disabilities. They were all characters and I enjoyed the job very much.
Dead end job
Residential Aide (Former Employee), Schoharie, NYMarch 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: few benefits, minimum wage
No room for advancement. No incentives such as tuition assistance. Hardest pat of the job wa the boredom.
I loved working with the residents
Residence Counselor (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 15, 2012
Pros: helping people
Cons: management
I had the opportunity to get to know the residents, help them with their activities of daily life, listen to their concerns. Write and oversee their service plans.

Management was the major problem. The house manager had no desire to get to know the residents and spent as little time as possible at the house when the residents were home.

My co-workers – more... were great. It was obvious that we all cared for the residents and enjoyed the job. – less
work
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJune 9, 2012
Pros: benefits, health insurance
Cons: long shifts alone/ overnights
Worked in a residential home with 18 mentally ill patients with different, skills, likes ,dislikes, ability, inabilities and you work with them to become independent. I personally enjoyed it, I had fun in what I did with the clients and so did they. We both felt and saw goals achieved and were eager to set new ones.
Very interesting, never the same
Night Manager (Current Employee), Owego, NYMay 20, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
I have learned many things about mental illness working at this job. I enjoy spending time with the clients. Manager and co-workers are helpful and friendly.