Rehabilitation Support Services Employee Reviews

Great Company
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 21, 2017
RSS was a great company to work for. I gained the experience to work with a difficult and vulnerable population. Management was flexible with my schedule as I worked for my Master's degree.
A fast place work environment.
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Walton, NYMarch 3, 2017
Job entails working in a fast place work environment by supporting individuals with Psychiatric issues building confidence and skills needed to transition into the community. Skills can include but not limited to daily living skills, budgeting, find housing, scheduling, and applying coping skills. I write up daily log entries that entail the goal work completed. Office work not limited to filing paperwork, entries of medical appointments, typing, etc.
Pros
Busy
Cons
limted down time
Productive and fun workplace
Forensic Transitional Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYJanuary 13, 2017
A very outstanding company to be a part of. Very supportive environment with great benefits. I have learned a lot more about co-occurring disorders while being employed by RSS.
Where are the counslers
Ex client (Former Employee) –  NyOctober 30, 2016
Been at Rss for over 6 years.. very minimal efforts for my care , always have to make a appointment disabilities are not shown on me put on back burner because someone who is in housing program had a meltdown. There are over 11 staff members in our building maybe see one on the floor ..trying to change to make things less boring younger people brought in older people feel neglected and have no say.
Pros
Free lunch outings you must pay for your own
Cons
Not enough contact with counclers
Very very tacky employees
Case coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 21, 2015
Worked there for over 7 years, very little advancement with bachelors degree in Psychology. If they want you gone, you will be terminated as quickly as you have gotten there, no matter the work you put in.
Pros
Helping others improve their lives
Cons
Employees, fake management- fake it till you make it
Frequently difficult due to having to communicate with mentally ill employees.
Telephone Crisis Resolution Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 30, 2015
It would be impractical to honestly review this job while still being employed with the company. This is a "shelter job" only open to persons who either have, or have had, a mental illness experience.
Pros
Free lunches, fairly good pay for a semi-sheltered job.
Cons
Little chance of advancement, raise, or increase in hours.
Great Place to work
Admin. Executive (Current Employee) –  Monticello NySeptember 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of work for RSS is being able to help people that are struggling with living more independently.
Pros
Flexiable Benefits
Cons
Doesnt pay that much
Great learning experience
Respite Counselor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 23, 2015
Although RSS is a great place to gain knowledge and experience about the mental health field, it is also a very emotionally draining agency as a whole. The pay if not comparable for the type/amount of tasked asked of their employers. Although the clients are well advocated for, management has no regards for their employees.
Enjoyed working with people to help them learn how to live on their own and learn ways to help themselves with their Mental illness.
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYApril 13, 2015
Meeting with clients on a daily basis in their apartment. Reviewed and discussed their service plans and goals. Provided resources and training in various areas of living on their own in the community. Provided transportation to appointments and grocery shopping when needed and other daily living skills.
We were provided with continuous learning in our job duties which I enjoyed learning new ideas of every part of my job.
There was a large turnover in management while I was there, which was difficult to a degree.
I enjoyed working with my coworkers as we helped each other out when needed.
The hardest part of my job was seeing people needing to go back to a hospital to get much needed medical help.
The most enjoyable part was when I was able to help the people learn something that they thought was impossible because of their illness. When they succeeded in paying their own bills and living on their own. This was very gratifying for me to have been a part of.
productive work place with lots of Positive images and motivational images all thru out the facility
Residence Counselor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 18, 2015
Its a very great place to work at, for me because of the residential setting it does not feel like work. I enjoy helping the clients with their everyday needs is and helping them reach their goals.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
dental insurance is limited
Productive, Fast Pace Environment
Service Plan Writer / Day Counselor (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, New YorkOctober 16, 2014
Very Busy Environment
Manager available onsite
Enjoy working with people and helping them maintain there mental health as well as there housing.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the people in need
Housing Specialist-MICA Shelter plus Care Program (Former Employee) –  Altamont, NYAugust 22, 2014
The feeling of knowing that anybody can make a difference when it comes to people in need.
Pros
free trainings
Non-Profit with staff that aim to help
Administrative Assistant/ Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYMay 21, 2014
Wonderfully company who are invested in the help and rehabilitation of their clients who suffer from mental illness.
Productive and fun work place!
Housing Specialist/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 13, 2014
One of the most valuable things I do with clients is to help them with their productivity and to become self sufficient.
As a housing specialist, my responsibility is to make sure they receive a full assessment and prepare a service plan with the them.
I act on their behalf to make sure they get the best services they need to recover.

I work with them for as long as it takes for them to receive the best services necessary for their recovery. I am there to help them make the best use of mental health services and to ensure that the services respond to their needs quickly and efficiently.

I start my day by doing my monthly visits at the client's residence, or at program. I perform apartment inspections, monitor their medications, work with them on their goals, etc....
Then when I am done with my appointment visits (which can run almost through out the day), I come back to the office and work on my case notes for the day, as well as service plans, and any other paperwork that I might need to complete.
Pros
Usage of agency vehicles and cell phones
Cons
Short lunch break
client centered drug treatment facility
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Saugerties, NYNovember 18, 2013
RSS is a client centered drug treatment facility where a counselor can work at their own pace. management is understanding to the need of their employee
fun place
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 23, 2013
a lot of work, but fun place to be. many different personalities in one office.
Great Stepping Stone
Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washingtonville, NYJune 25, 2013
Great enivorment to work. Management there to help educate you and support you. Also, to be successful at the job and advancement.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Overnights
A nonprofit mental health housing agency that provides services to individuals with a mental health diagnoses.
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mohegan Lake, NYApril 10, 2013
As a Case Coordinator, I provide day to day case management necessary for individuals with a mental health disorder to increase their stability and independence; allowing them to live within their communities. Services range from teaching regular daily living skills, to medication management, information and referral, advocacy, and support. This position requires the ability to muliti-task, to be comfortable with cultural diversity, time management skills, self-motivation, organization, and excellent communication skills. The toughest part of the job is building the trust of the client and maintaining it. The most enjoyable part is seeing the progress that each person makes while increasing their ability to live independently.
Pros
flexiblity of time management, company vehicle
Cons
advancement limited and salary
Fun Job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Monticello, NYMarch 14, 2013
I got to work in a house with people that had psychiatric disabilities. They were all characters and I enjoyed the job very much.
Pros
easy, relaxed work environment.
Cons
sometimes you had to clean up poo.
Dead end job
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Schoharie, NYMarch 8, 2013
No room for advancement. No incentives such as tuition assistance. Hardest pat of the job wa the boredom.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
few benefits, minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rehabilitation Support Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Rehabilitation Support Services Reviews by Location