Reid's

Reid's Employer Reviews

Cashier/Office Associate (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: employee discount on some items
I enjoyed working at Reid's. The people were friendly. If you enjoy working with the public, this is a good job. There are opportunities to advance if you have the desire. The only reason I left was because I needed a job closer to home.
Decent Pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), New Ellenton, SCNovember 24, 2014
Made okay money, management was not very great. Liked the personal connection with the customers
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Barnwell, SCSeptember 16, 2014
I enjoyed beening multi-task and beeing able to do different things
Great Place to work
Office Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCJune 16, 2014
This place was my first real job. I worked here for a while and I loved what I did. I would suggest anyone who wants to work in the grocery business this would be the place, but the company close May 2014
good company
Front end Assistant (Former Employee), Barnwell, SCApril 3, 2014
i loved working for this company. They are a small branch out of the Food Lion Company. They work very hard at taking good care of their employees. I absolutely loved working for them and would still be working for them if i had not moved back to ohio.
The coworkers are fun, but the company is not
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Langley, SCJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great people and fun environment
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, poor management
A day at Reids starts off as any other day. The First thing you do is head to the Break room and place your items in a small beat up locker. After you clock in, you head to your work station and have a good laugh with your fellow coworkers though out the day.
productive and freat place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Saint George, SCDecember 24, 2013
Pros: interaction with customers decent salary
Cons: no complaints
provided customer service to customers on a daily great co=workers
A work place that is geart for a stepping stone in life.
Full time cashier, deli associate, cake decorator (Current Employee), Walterboro, SCApril 30, 2013
Pros: some very friendly and trust worthy fellow employees
Cons: too many to name
I liked this job at first. However, I started working there as a part time deli associate. I worked any where from 37 to 43 hours a week. I cleaned, cooked, and served customers everyday. I did this for four years. Not even a year ago I promoted to a full time associate as a cake decorator. I kept the job and title for about four months then the store manager and deli manager took it away from me. They expected me to do 8 cakes an hour, 40 cakes a day. I was not able to work at that speed. I was then moved to a cashier, full time and my hours dropped to 32 - 34 hours a week.
Terrible managment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), New Ellenton, SCDecember 17, 2012
Don't care about employees, or following through with promises of a raise, or full time status.
Enjoyed working with customers and providing them with great customer service.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 19, 2012
Pros: friendly customers
Cons: not the same treatment of associates around the board
A typical day at work involved making sure front-end associates were providing great customer service,verified deposits researched cash shortages and errors,responded to compliments and complaints, interacted with customers as well as associates,provided training and made sure standard practices were being maintained. I have learned that customers are not the only important part of the business but workers and their needs are all also important. Being in management and being around other managers, I have come to realize that not all managers are just and fair. Co-workers will respond to you according to the way u respond to them, if you want respect, that is what you have to give. The hardest part of my job was discussing possible termination of an associate. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my associates and customers happy.
Good prices
Wrapper in Meat Department (Former Employee), Batesburg, SCMay 18, 2012
Great prices, long hours, and not much advancement in the department that i was in.