Reid Hospital & Health Care Services Employee Reviews in United States

not a fun place to work anymore . got to big too fast
LPN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 4, 2015
used to be a great hospital but has grown into a large corporation and they are unable to staff offices or hospital anymore. they do not appreciate their employees.
Pros
the office staff i work with
Cons
administration
Productive and fun workplace
Clinical Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 27, 2015
Reid Hospital is a wonderful place to work. They treat each of their employees like family and have the utmost respect for their patients. They truly strive to make each experience a memorable one.
Richmond Arthritis Care
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond INJune 13, 2015
This Doctor was great to work for. I was able to learn and do IV's and Port for infusions and learned how to multi-task as I did the front and back office most of the time
Pros
Learned a lot from this Doctor
Cons
Doctor moved away
Less politics in politics
Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INMarch 1, 2015
Management in general is completely out of touch with their employees. They demand respect but offer none in return. Not worth it. They have given directors way to much power and all they care about is their bonuses, the ones they get from not giving overtime this making the units short staffed. This place is criminal. They don't think they have to follow rules, they are above the law, they are Reid and they are untouchable. Is pretty sad too because they are hurting some great people, their employees. They don't care. They are firing people left and right for petty reasons and replacing them with part time employees so they don't have to pay them benefits. They are non-profit but that bottom line sure means a lot to them. They replace brick on one of their offices there was nothing wrong with but cant even give their employees a cost of living raise. Please stay away from this place. I have seen them adjust payroll so that over time will not fall on the current week, those hours get moved to the next week so they don't have to pay time and a half. Department restructuring happens so often you can't keep your job straight. They go through management like water and every manager has to reinvent the wheel. That shows they hire inexperienced managers.
Pros
payroll deduct for meals and bills
Cons
no sit down breaks, management treats employees horrible.
run as fast as you can
RN (Former Employee) –  Surgery Dept.February 8, 2015
I had 26 years experience as an OR Nurse when I started working there. Worst situation I have ever been in. Employees and Dr. staff very rude and will set you up in a heartbeat. I only worked there for 3 months. they eat their young in the surgery department. I witnessed several breaches in patient care and tried to do something about it but was shut down. If you don't fit in their little click you are toast. i am so thankful I left. Don't work there, you will be sorry.
The staff at Reid are wonderful people that care about others.
Director, Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 21, 2014
Reid's employees and volunteers are top-notch. They not only care about the patients, but also their patients' families, and the community. They are dedicated to caring for others and keeping them safe.
Pros
culture
Worst place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INMay 29, 2014
Nurse hostility is the worse at this hospital. They even give classes and training on it. If you don't mind being bullied at work then go for it. HR will not even support you. Nurses checking off orders to give medication that the physician did not give consent to give.
Reid Hospital
Billing Specialist and Charge Master (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INFebruary 10, 2014
I originally started with Reid Hospital and they contracted the revenue cycle out to Dell and then Conifer. Reid Hospital is an excellent place to work.
very nice work place and enjoyable staff
Externship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 31, 2013
very nice place. I just did my externship here but would of liked to have been able to work here.
Great working atmosphere.
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 25, 2012
Clerical/secretarial responsibilities. Friendly coworkers & management. Enjoyed helping peers, customers & patients. Hardest part was leaving.

2.8