REID HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Very welcoming and nice coworkers
INTERN/ PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Richmond, IndianaOctober 2, 2015
I was only at Reid for a short time completing my internship for phlebotomy but while I was there I enjoyed my time. Most of the employees were nice but anywhere you go you're gonna have that one person that touches on a nerve. Overall, it was a nice place to work/be an intern.
Work in Practice
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  richmond, indianaAugust 3, 2015
This is one of the most disorganized places I have worked. They have heavy layers of management that do nothing but inform you how poorly you are doing as a group. None of which have the skill sets to sit and do your job. They have directors that are nothing more than spies to create a negative working atmosphere which I'm not sure why we are not tasking them to be better representatives of their job. The exec level is nothing but a joke taking monies from those that do all the grunt work to get patients in the door, to taking phone calls, learning updates on their computer system every other month, and listening to the back stabbing of directors.

HR is wonderful provided your in their click. THIS DEPT represents itself, family members, high school friends as the most valuable employees yet most do not work as hard because in this environment they can do their job without doing their job.

The only reason I work here is close to my home and I love the patients I do help each day. These are the only two reasons. This is truly a job and nothing sadly more.
Pros
close to home, some doctors are there for right reason.
Cons
low pay, Management a Joke, No real HR representation
New facility with updated technology. Opportunities for advancement are based on connections in organization rather than skill.
RN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 11, 2015
Unorganized shift change with physicians who are disrespectful of the time needed to exchange information about patients. These same physicians complain if information was missed due to their interruption of report to tend to their needs. I learned a lot about effective communication and the politics of healthcare. Management doesn't always look at the big picture. Opportunities for advancement are not based on skill but on your connections within the organization. Co-workers are immature and self serving. Hardest part of my job is not giving excellent care to MY patients because I am helping everyone else give excellent care to their patients. Most enjoyable part of my job is creating a WOW experience for my patient. I don't need a GEM to know I did a good job.
Pros
Great pay, decent benefits, up to date technology
Cons
Nursing shortage, mandatory on calls and extra shifts, forced wellness plan for benefit discount
overall experience working at Reid
LPN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INJune 13, 2015
Working at Reid has been a wonderful and fulfilling lifetime experience. The staff really pulls together as a team to handle everyday situations, from the kitchen staff, laundry services, and housekeeping, up to the care techs and nurses. They are more like family than co workers.
Great environment and workspace for pediatrics
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 9, 2015
Very fast paced environment with a wide variety of diagnoses being treated. Ability to work with other disciplines and provide co-treatments as needed. The pediatric gym was filled with endless activities and opportunity to learn new skills.
Good employees are never appreciated!
Food Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, INNovember 25, 2014
When I was first hired at Reid Hospital, the orientation made the hospital look like an amazing place to be. They really made you feel special for getting the chance to work there....Until you actually started your job! Despite what you had done to prove yourself "trust-worthy" to a supervisor or director of the department, all employees were treated terrible. I worked in the Food & Nutrition Services department for about six months. The pay was great, but no matter how hard you worked, or how honest you were, they treated you like their worst employee there. You were not respected or appreciated no matter how hard you worked. What resulted in me quitting this job was their Bereavement Policy. A very close family friend I had known my entire life had passed away. For Non-family members, you were allowed one day to grieve. I told my supervisor that I would be attending a funeral and calling. They allowed me to go home early for the calling, but told me I was not going to miss work for the funeral since their policy only allows one day. At first they told me I would receive a write up for missing work, but the day I called in for the funeral, the director of the department had emailed all supervisors, warning that if I missed work for the funeral, I would be terminated. Because of moral obligations, I attended the funeral. In my opinion, work was not even half of an excuse for missing the funeral of someone so close. Because I chose to attend the funeral, I was told that I would be terminated. I felt it was necessary to resign before they had the chance to terminate me and damage  more... my work history. I did not want to quit after 6 months but felt they left me no choice. C.A.R.E.... Courtesy, Attitude, Respect, Enthusiasm. Those were the standards of Reid hospital. For an employer who so harshly enforces these standards on their employees, (except for Doctors, Registered Nurses, and Administrators of course!) They could at least follow them as well!!!!  less
Pros
decent pay, job security, decent benefits
Cons
non-appreciative, treat workers terrible, everything is overanalyzed, no respect for good employees
managment failure and depressing work environment
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 27, 2014
work day is repetitive. Some of the coworkers are incompetent of completing their duty. The environment is poor, attitudes are negative, and the rumors are high. Management is discouraging. There is no confidentiality, problems do not get solved, and lack of respect is unspeakable. There is failure to maintain constant regulations.
Pros
ability to get days off, pay grade
Cons
managment, inconsistancy, lack of advancement
Fun and exciting
RN/BSN, Pediatric/General/Surgical (Current Employee) –  Richmond IndianaJune 14, 2014
A typical day is having a team (RN/LPN/PCT) and we care for 8-11 patients.
Reid Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INMay 19, 2014
First real job out of college. Challenced me in many different ways. Tought me a lot about nursing and non nursing things
Pros
location
Cons
location
i dont know.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INMay 5, 2014
too much has changed since i have worked at reid so i cant give an accurate statement of hour a typical day goes there. i will say i worked there for 8 years and loved it but that has been 6 years ago and was under different management
FUN
Tray Passer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INFebruary 7, 2014
This place is awesome to work for. I loved working with the patients and the other employees.
This was the best work enviroment I have ever worked in!
Pathology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 29, 2013
The managers of the Laboratory and Pathology departments were excellent. They worked with you to make sure you were a success at your job. The entire staff and those in other departments were welcoming and helpful. The entire experience was fantastic.
College student enjoying medical field
Student Nurse Technician/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 10, 2013
-Used to working 12-15 hour shifts while being on feet
-Fast, energetic, and great personality skills with everyone
-Organized
-Critical Thinking
-Works well with others
-Team Member
Pros
paid time off
Cons
non flexible scheduling
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 26, 2013
structured schedule
good supervisor
coworkers easy to work with
Reid promotes giving patients excellent service, Reid's values align with mine.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 17, 2013
I enjoy working at Reid, high paced, very busy, our unit promotes teamwork and learning environment we appreciate each other, and work well with Physicians.
PACU Nurse----No better way to make a living.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 4, 2013
The days can be long. The days can be stressful. But the pay off for what you do for others, makes it all worth it.
It was a wonderful, up beat work environment.
Occupational therapy assistant student (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 16, 2013
I learned so much at Reid Hospital. I was able to see and work with multiple different diagnosis.
great place to work
cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJune 26, 2013
Steady work pace all day, must be very organized and a lot of energy. Held to a higher standard while preparing foods.
Pros
great benefits
Was not able to advance
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJune 25, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was giving the best possible care to the patients. The hardest part of the job was the 12 to 15 hour shifts including too much call.
Pros
the food in the cafeteria was very good!
Cons
too much call and long shifts
great paying job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  inApril 16, 2013
the pay was good and hours were good, but management did not stand behind employees.