REID HOSPITAL

REID HOSPITAL United States Employee Reviews

Good employees are never appreciated!
Food Nutrition Services (Former Employee), Hagerstown, INNovember 25, 2014
Pros: decent pay, job security, decent benefits
Cons: non-appreciative, treat workers terrible, everything is overanalyzed, no respect for good employees
When I was first hired at Reid Hospital, the orientation made the hospital look like an amazing place to be. They really made you feel special for getting the chance to work there....Until you actually started your job! Despite what you had done to prove yourself "trust-worthy" to a supervisor or director of the department, all employees were treated terrible. I worked in the Food & Nutrition Services department for about six months. The pay was great, but no matter how hard you worked, or how honest you were, they treated you like their worst employee there. You were not respected or appreciated no matter how hard you worked. What resulted in me quitting this job was their Bereavement Policy. A very close family friend I had known my entire life had passed away. For Non-family members, you were allowed one day to grieve. I told my supervisor that I would be attending a funeral and calling. They allowed me to go home early for the calling, but told me I was not going to miss work for the funeral since their policy only allows one day. At first they told me I would receive a write up for missing work, but the day I called in for the funeral, the director of the department had emailed all supervisors, warning that if I missed work for the funeral, I would be terminated. Because of moral obligations, I attended the funeral. In my opinion, work was not even half of an excuse for missing the funeral of someone so close. Because I chose to attend the funeral, I was told that I would be terminated. I felt it was necessary to resign before they had the chance to terminate me and damage my work history. I did not want to quit after 6 months but felt they left me no choice. C.A.R.E.... Courtesy, Attitude, Respect, Enthusiasm. Those were the standards of Reid hospital. For an employer who so harshly enforces these standards on their employees, (except for Doctors, Registered Nurses, and Administrators of course!) They could at least follow them as well!!!!
managment failure and depressing work environment
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee), Richmond, INJuly 27, 2014
Pros: ability to get days off, pay grade
Cons: managment, inconsistancy, lack of advancement
work day is repetitive. Some of the coworkers are incompetent of completing their duty. The environment is poor, attitudes are negative, and the rumors are high. Management is discouraging. There is no confidentiality, problems do not get solved, and lack of respect is unspeakable. There is failure to maintain constant regulations.
Fun and exciting
RN/BSN, Pediatric/General/Surgical (Current Employee), Richmond IndianaJune 14, 2014
A typical day is having a team (RN/LPN/PCT) and we care for 8-11 patients.
Reid Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Richmond, INMay 19, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: location
First real job out of college. Challenced me in many different ways. Tought me a lot about nursing and non nursing things
i dont know.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Richmond, INMay 5, 2014
too much has changed since i have worked at reid so i cant give an accurate statement of hour a typical day goes there. i will say i worked there for 8 years and loved it but that has been 6 years ago and was under different management
FUN
Tray Passer (Former Employee), Richmond, INFebruary 7, 2014
This place is awesome to work for. I loved working with the patients and the other employees.
This was the best work enviroment I have ever worked in!
Pathology Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Richmond, INDecember 29, 2013
The managers of the Laboratory and Pathology departments were excellent. They worked with you to make sure you were a success at your job. The entire staff and those in other departments were welcoming and helpful. The entire experience was fantastic.
College student enjoying medical field
Student Nurse Technician/Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, INDecember 10, 2013
Pros: paid time off
Cons: non flexible scheduling
-Used to working 12-15 hour shifts while being on feet
-Fast, energetic, and great personality skills with everyone
-Organized
-Critical Thinking
-Works well with others
-Team Member
Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, INSeptember 26, 2013
structured schedule
good supervisor
coworkers easy to work with
Reid promotes giving patients excellent service, Reid's values align with mine.
LPN (Current Employee), Richmond, INSeptember 17, 2013
I enjoy working at Reid, high paced, very busy, our unit promotes teamwork and learning environment we appreciate each other, and work well with Physicians.
PACU Nurse----No better way to make a living.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Richmond, INSeptember 4, 2013
The days can be long. The days can be stressful. But the pay off for what you do for others, makes it all worth it.
It was a wonderful, up beat work environment.
Occupational therapy assistant student (Former Employee), Richmond, INJuly 16, 2013
I learned so much at Reid Hospital. I was able to see and work with multiple different diagnosis.
great place to work
cook (Former Employee), Richmond, INJune 26, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Steady work pace all day, must be very organized and a lot of energy. Held to a higher standard while preparing foods.
Was not able to advance
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Richmond, INJune 25, 2013
Pros: the food in the cafeteria was very good!
Cons: too much call and long shifts
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was giving the best possible care to the patients. The hardest part of the job was the 12 to 15 hour shifts including too much call.
great paying job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), inApril 16, 2013
the pay was good and hours were good, but management did not stand behind employees.
High turnover
Nursing (Current Employee), Richmond, INFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: good food
Cons: lack of respect for employees, high turnover
An employee doesn't have a chance defending themselves against supervisor in a write-up or dismissal situation. I have seen this time and time again. There is no appreciation what so ever for a loyal employee. I have witnessed an employee of 14 yrs, who ALWAYS covered the dept when short or for holidays, get fired over their own health issues. An employee if 6 yrs let go because someone complained the employee had been off of the unit too long. This person had been stopped by a distraught family member who had a love one in crisis in ER, they could not just walk away ( I was witness to this), my last example, an ER nurse who had been with hospital 7-9 yrs,, great work ethic, loved by pts, Drs., and co-workers, let go due to complaints made by clerk.
Don't work here if you tend to give your employee loyalty, it will get you no where at Reid. Big new hospital, same big problems!
great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Richmond, INOctober 3, 2012
Great all around pay and benefits. The people for me was the only down fall. Very drama filled enviroment!
Fast paced work environment
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee), Richmond, INJuly 26, 2012
I have learned a considerable amount about how to interact in person and on the phone with patients. I have also learned much about specialized diets that accompany disease states. The management is very friendly and co-workers are great to work with.