Reinhart Foodservice, L.L.C.

Reinhart Foodservice, L.L.C. Employee Reviews

Hard work for a Company that Rewards Hard work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 29, 2013
a typical day at work involved Clocking in and grabbing your headset, pack, and headphones then driving your pallet jack up to the loading dock to put pallets on the forks while signing into your headset, everybody would gather around and the warehouse manager would give a short pep talk about how well we did the previous week how many miss picks, errors, etc. their was a stack of labels that were the orders from the company's who needed products you would grab the first order and labels off the stack and scan them in so the headset would direct you to which slot you needed to pick. It was very important to look at the label before grabbing a product to make sure it was the Right product because turn around was expensive for the Company and resulted in an automatic write up, Very fast pace Competitive environment, good pay and benefits,Challenging,Fun Work environment but very Survival of the Fittest. The System is all Computerized Now They Know How Fast, How many Pallets you did,So the key was to go as fast as possible without Screwing anything up which is almost impossible with how fast you have to go,Employees with the most Cases of products are praised and the Weaklings were weeded out, very few make it past the 3 month probationary period and your employment can be terminated at any time, It all depends on if they like you or not and if your Numbers and performance are on Par, If you can sustain the job long term the pay and benefits will see you a comfortable Living and an early Retirement. I would have stayed at the Job the Rest of my Life but I didn't make the Cut apparently.  more... had I known I was going to Lose the Job I would not have left my Previous Employer of 3 and a half years because I lost my seniority and they wanted to start me back at minimum wage. Think before you accept the Job offer if you are lazy and not very active you will not last the week if you are fit and used to strenuous physical activity like weight lifting or fitness maybe you can meet the quota. if you are in the middle between sorta fit you will not make it, this Job will either Make or Break you.  less
Pros
great pay, great benefits packages
Cons
job stability not guaranteed, long hours, compete with coworkers to get your case count, miss picks are hard to avoid when your moving that fast
Not a good place to work.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  North east Pa.March 19, 2014
I worked for Reinhart Food Service for over 10 years as a beverage and chemical field service tech. It was impossible to make a work planner and stick to it. Our department was over worked and way under staffed. Worst of all, corporate management does not have a clue of how a beverage/chemical program should work or the value it brings to the overall food program. Before I left there were 3 service techs covering well over 600 serviceable accounts. Corporate decided we only needed 2 service techs and a sales oriented manager. They demoted our sales/service manager to just a service tech, let me go, and are trying to hire a sales only manager. I did receive severance pay. My coworkers were grate people. We all tried hard but the problem is that Reinhart is owned by people with no background in street level food service. Their background is distribution/trucking and their learning curve is very shallow. I have over 30 years experience at what I do. It meant nothing. I was covering more business than the other techs without a single complaint from anyone. It came down to seniority. If you are looking for an employer who recognizes hard work and dedication, look elsewhere. At Reinhart your knowledge and performance will mean nothing.
Pros
none.
Cons
you will be over worked and under payed.
Worst Job ever!
Glad im gone! (Former Employee) –  AustellFebruary 22, 2015
As a CDL-A driver if you want to work nights 12-14 hours 5 or 6 nights a week this is the place for you. DOT should come in and do an investigation. They had a fatality because a driver fell asleep at the wheel in January. Management acted as though they were sad but they keep on running their employees in the ground as if nothing happened. They force their drivers to come in after only having 10.5 hours off. No family time no personal time. Management could care less about their drivers. They constantly load 10-13 stops 1400 cases on their trucks. Their drivers run out of time and they have to sit on the side of the road for hours waiting on relief. Or get a hotel for a local route. Drivers stay away from this company!! Warehouse are worked just as bad. Required to pull more cases because they want to keep the manpower numbers low. Selectors are understaffed bad! Drivers get off work sometimes saturday nights at 6pm and back to work sunday night at 10pm. Very short turn around. Their customers are leaving in droves! If you just need a job go for it but make it because you have to feed your family other than that steer clear.
Pros
its a check
Cons
just about everything you could think thats bad about a company.
A self-motivated working enviornment with an open door policy to discuss concerns with management. This company is safe, healthy and driven to satisf
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNApril 19, 2013
A typical day started at 2:00 or 3:00am and ended around 3:00 or 4:00pm. I was responsible for hooking up my tractor to the proper trailer, sorting paperwork for the delivery process and performing pre-trip inspections/securing loads. The deliveries were pretty standard but did include some stairs and driving in adverse weather conditions. Days ended with post-trip inspections, unloading and filing of paperwork.
At this job I learned to be safe, accurate and expedient in my duties and had a healthy open-door relationship with management and coworkers.
The most difficult part of this job at first was the hours, but a person gets used to that. Some heavy lifting and ramp work could sometimes be difficult in snowy conditions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was a satisfying look or comment from the customer or management. Knowing that I finished the day as well as I started it made the sacrifices worth while.
Pros
excellent pay and good health benefits for qualifying members
Cons
odd hours and could be away from home a lot
I loved being a buyer, it had daily challenges
Buyer/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Coal Township, PAMarch 16, 2013
My work day was very busy from start to finish. I worked through lunches if needed and often worked late and took work home with me. I learned so much through the whole process of dealing with trucks and delivery issues, managing inventory levels and quality assurance, making sure pricing and contracts were right for customers and creating PO's. I had to direct assistants under me when needed. I loved my team I worked with and still keep in contact with many of them.
I miss everything about that job. Even the long hours. I was proud of what I did each day.
The hardest part of the job was to have to walk out after I was let go. I was there for a long time and I had no writeups, never missed a day in almost 20 years, I'm dedicated, trustworthy and dependable.
Pros
salary, good insurance/benefits, work days, good team i worked with
Cons
company started letting go many long term employees from all of it's locations
Lies, Favoritism, High Turnover, Nepotism
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 8, 2013
Reinhart Foods bought out a family owned company, located in Taunton, MA, stating that no one would loose their job, they even published public interviews stating the same. A couple months later they proceeded to layoff three major departments: finance, IT and human resources. Prior to Reinhart taking ownership, there were many employees who were there for many years, after Reinhart came in, the turnover went through the roof!

Also, the Division President openly displays favoritism to his sister-in law who should have lost her job as a finance associate, but was instead allowed to continue working at the company despite the fact that she was not the most qualified.

In a company where compensation is based on who you are friends/family with, the moral is very low and the chance for fair and equal opportunity for advancement is low.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
unequal opportunity
Very fast paced and stressful work enviroment. Dishonest practices in regards to the treatment of employees.
Inbound Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 19, 2012
Work consisted of unloading trailers, breaking down the product, tagging it, and scanning it away into racks. I learned a lot about overall warehousing practices and the extreme importance of proper rotation when dealing with perishable/dated items. My opinion of management is that they are deceitful and shady at times. most of my co-workers are great but many complain to often about the job. The hardest part of the job is when too much volume is scheduled for one day. This would cause long waits for the drivers and they would sometimes become angry and this would usually make everyone more stressed. the most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Pros
good pay and vacation time
Cons
often very stressful and very little feeling of job security
They lie right to your face about the pay.
order selector (Former Employee) –  Shawano. WIAugust 19, 2015
I worked at reinhart for a few months. Expecting to be making 17.00 a hour when in all reality you only make 13.00. Your sold a nice big juicy burger but once you take a bite you have a horrible taste in your mouth. If you feel like you want to advance you shouldn't waste your time all you get is strung along with empty promises. The training program is a joke you just get thrown into the mix with the rest of the herd. The running joke among the employees is how they are gonna crawl their way out of the dark depths that is Reinhart. Good luck to anyone thinks this is some kind of step up. This is a job that anyone with a pulse can do. So if you enjoy having to actually think to do your job this isn't the place for you Mindless work.
Pros
They gave me a free hat
Cons
low pay bad training. Hours are super inconsistent
No life, low wages, poor management
Order selector (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 30, 2013
Ever since Reinhart took over AGAR, they were lying from the start. Wanted a hefty amount more in production for a lot less pay. The healthcare was very costly because everything had a deductible. Nothing was covered. In order to maintain low healthcare cost/check, you need to do on-site screenings on the company premises in a van they bring in in the parking lot. Very poor management. They're puppets to Reinhart and have no job security. If you produced the ridiculous quota you made $24.90/hr. Sounds good right? No! Because if you didn't hit the quota you'd fall allll the way down to $14/hr. No exemptions. Still sound good? Make the right call...keep scrolling on Indeed.com.
Pros
co-workers are friendly
Cons
healthcare, long hours, no life, lies
cant stand this place.
Warehouse, Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2014
if youre hired, just make sure you are okay with immidiate changes in your job description as well as having to take on others workload. within a week of me being hired i was put on regular selecting pulling products over 60 lbs., and when it was seen that i was getting help, i was written up. also, i wasnt comfortable driving a forklift right away and was made to do it anyways, causing me to damage products, which i then got repremanded for. all the warehouse managers seemed nice enough until they started asking questions about my personal life which was answered with 'thats none of your business.' and then got the cold shoulder. i wouldnt recommend anyone to apply here unless it was for a driving position.
I would not recommend you work for this company!!!!
Former order selector (Former Employee) –  Warren miDecember 6, 2013
The overall work morale there is low, very few people can actually say they like there job, they constantly complain about everything you're doing wrong, they won't be happy until they have robots to pick cases, management is terrible and I think will ultimately be the downfall of that company. The hours leave no room for any personal life, you have to work there 10 years to get back to back off days. In my opinion it's really not a place for a person of color, they talk about teamwork but it's really every man for himself. The building is old, the equipment is constantly breaking down. If you do decide to work there I advise you to get in and get out!!!!!
Pros
meet some cool people
Cons
two many to list
Fun and exciting work at a fast pace.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 31, 2015
Starting my route is awesome having my hand truck tires inflated rolling 8 to 10 cases at a time depending on the size and weight. Safety always ranks number 1 and management puts emphasis on this everyday a route is dispatched from the DC. Some routes are demanding so they assign a helper to help in the un-loading process. The most hardest part is the traffic flow and some of the tight parking lots we have to maneuver the truck in, but at the end of the day whats enjoyed the most is seeing the looks on the customers faces when they get their order on time and in the condition to which they ordered it.
Pros
Some stores will feed you free.
Cons
You have to eat on the go.
not a place you ever want to work
cdl driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 10, 2015
I worked for reinhart for a year in Shreveport Louisiana the company is a piece of craps low pay lots of work. The dispatchers call your phone constantly while you are delivering the product. They talk to you bad. They constantly mess up on checks because you get paid (stops,cases,miles,) so they can never figure wat they really owe you. The people you deliver too talk trash to you and instead of Reinhart taking your side they believe customers. Low paying routes. You can be out for 13 hours and only mak 150 depending on wat the route pays. They have picks and chooses on who gets high paying routes. I hated every second there
Pros
Cons
hard labor low pay
Wri te everything down
driver (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 9, 2015
Management kept messing with my pay. I wasn't getting the down time i was suppose to. I was told when i get to a point that I'm doing routes on my own, I'll get my full pay. Not the case. They kept switching me from training pay to hourly to piece pay. This is a hard job that is worth doing if they pay you the way they should, unfortunately they play games and manipulate the system to pay you as little as possible.
Pros
when your check is right, the pay is good
Cons
constantly having to chase your money, fight for what you earn, management is very unorganized, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. If you don't keep track of your hours and pay, you will be screwed and lose it.
Horrible customers and Idiot drivers!
Local Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIJanuary 20, 2016
I have 16 years experience driving in the city and when I came to this company it was like being treated like a rookie driver ! Customers do not like new drivers and the bad drivers I came across are not fun to be around and have no personality! I was laughed at when I fell down at some of these restaurants with greasy floors. This company is the worst food service place to go you don't get paid for the work you do. Think about how long it takes to hook up and fuel your truck plus pre and post trip you dont get paid for that! Only apply here if you have multiple dui and just got out of prison!
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay- I could go on forever!
Long hours with not enough time to rest between shifts.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILApril 23, 2015
A typical day at work usually involved riding on a pallet jack to pick the supplies i needed to ship to various restaurants. My time at Reinhart Food Service, I learned how to use a vocollet headset, which is a headset that calls out the section number the product is in. The people I worked with were self motivated and hard working. The hardest part of the job was coming back to the same thing over and over again each day without having the proper amount of rest. We normally worked 12 -13 hr shifts and the company only had 2 shifts. I worked the 2nd shift so we couldn't leave until all the orders were ready to be shipped.
WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND
CLASS A ROUTE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  JOHNSON CITY, TN.May 14, 2014
Was hired as a route driver with prior experience , was used as a helper on their heavy routes for three weeks then fired . Reason they said let me go was "didn't think it was a good fit ", Wasted my time and energy with them unloading other drivers trucks. Johnson City division full of YES MEN that will do WHATEVER Rudy says , including bad mouthing others . Please do not waste your time here unless you like getting up at 3 A.M. And working like a pure slave all day long because the East Tennessee Good Ole Boys don't know how to stick up for themselves and stop Reinhart from screwing them over ! WASTE OF TIME !!!!!, Go somewhere else or DONT DRIVE.
Cons
everything
Productive environment, sometimes hard to deal with.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 12, 2014
A typical day at work consists of me driving to 8-10 different resturaunts, breaking down pallets and stacking the boxes onto the dolly and taking it into the fridge, freezer or just the stock room of the building. I've learned to be very patient at this job. Sometimes talking to management doesn't get me anywhere with the problems I'm trying to overcome in the work place. The hardest part about the job is the way the trailers are loaded. The most enjoyable part about this job is the customers and people I get to work with face to face.
Pros
equiptment, pay and home time
Cons
management and the way the trailers are loaded
productive and some days are better then others
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Prince George, VAMarch 8, 2014
A typical day in Reinhart is you come in at noon and work until work is done and during your shift you will have some workers doing their job and some workers who just complains,comes in late, calls out, talks to much and wonders why some workers have less orders then themselves. Management is okay sometimes when they want to be sometimes they speak and sometimes they don't. I love to work with the workers who has the same plan as myself and that is coming to work on time, doing your job with less talking to others and going home to your love ones safely.
Pros
free lunch, early days
Cons
call outs, gossip
Good money and benefits. That's it just a job not a career.
Order Selector / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PennsylvaniaOctober 16, 2014
Hard work but good pay. Learn to be good and fast and make more money. No work life balance working Sundays and 3rd shift. If your young and want to get away for a few years and make money this is for you. Everyone else should run the other way. Most employees hate place and it shows. Management has no clue and will do nothing for you, they are their for a check or to work with someone they know. You are just a number, not a person to them. High turnover rate like all food service jobs.
Pros
you can quit anytime you want.
Cons
working sundays, 3rd shift, working every holiday