Reinhart FoodService L.L.C.

Reinhart FoodService L.L.C. Employee Reviews

not a place you ever want to work
cdl driver (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 10, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: hard labor low pay
I worked for reinhart for a year in Shreveport Louisiana the company is a piece of craps low pay lots of work. The dispatchers call your phone constantly while you are delivering the product. They talk to you bad. They constantly mess up on checks because you get paid (stops,cases,miles,) so they can never figure wat they really owe you. The people you deliver too talk trash to you and instead of Reinhart taking your side they believe customers. Low paying routes. You can be out for 13 hours and only mak 150 depending on wat the route pays. They have picks and chooses on who gets high paying routes. I hated every second there
Long hours with not enough time to rest between shifts.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), University Park, ILApril 23, 2015
A typical day at work usually involved riding on a pallet jack to pick the supplies i needed to ship to various restaurants. My time at Reinhart Food Service, I learned how to use a vocollet headset, which is a headset that calls out the section number the product is in. The people I worked with were self motivated and hard working. The hardest part of the job was coming back to the same thing over and over again each day without having the proper amount of rest. We normally worked 12 -13 hr shifts and the company only had 2 shifts. I worked the 2nd shift so we couldn't leave until all the orders were ready to be shipped.
Just Terrible
Purchasing (Former Employee), TauntonApril 20, 2015
I am late in revewing this company, but after I saw a recent post from a Taunton person I had to comment. The same thing happened to me. No training, verbal abuse, my manager was never available, the director was a jerk and abusive. I worked hard, stayed late and after having a meeting with my boss which I called to check in and to see if I was doing a good, she told me she had no problems with me. 3 hours later, I was fired. No reason just see ya
Overall it was a fair company to work for. Needs to impliment newer technology to stay current with the industry.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Solon, OHApril 16, 2015
Overall it was fair company to work for. Compensation was average for the industry. Drawback is balancing work life and personal life. Advancement can happen if you are at the right location.
Stable company.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNApril 13, 2015
Overall stable workplace that has provided for myself and my family for almost a decade. Long hours and no division between work and family.
Family business
Director of Sales (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 11, 2015
Core falues fall in line with a family business that is primarly concenred about emplyee devolement and advancement opportunities
Ok place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 30, 2015
I didn't really have anything bad to say. Only thing is the car business is a very cut throat business and I guess that's what I didn't like as much as other jobs that I have had but all in all it was a great job and I loved it
High paced environment
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee), Warren, MIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Salary, Recognition, Growth Potential
Cons: Departmental Division Issues
I managed duties that would otherwise fall through the cracks. I've learned that I enjoy working with and for those that are just has hardworking as I. The management tried to maintain a teamwork environment regularly. My co-workers were motivated and ambitious. The hardest part of the job was keeping the drivers satisfied. The most fulfilling part of the job was finishing tasks ahead of schedule daily.
Not a good environment to work in
Order Selector (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: everything except pay
No Time off, will work you into the ground and management does not care about you and will over look you and are favoritism towards certain employees .
Hard work lacking in training
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh NCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free to work any place
Cons: lack in product line
I have been in food service and I enjoy opening new accounts and growing my area. Creating new ideas for customers and solving there problems.
Since day one there is a very large gap in communications between management and sales.
When I was hired they did not tell me the whole picture of the territory we would be covering.
I felt like they set me up to fail from the start.
When I asked for help , I did not receive the help I needed
Reinhart Foodservice is an excellent food service distributor. I left to relocate in Arizona
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Shawano, WIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: reinhart foodservice is one of the top 10, maybe 5 at this time, in the country
Cons: that they did not have an operation in arizona
A typical day was about 10 hours of visiting various food service account, current and prospective.
I learned about the intricacies of their operation
Management was excellent and very supportive and responsive, as were fellow employees
The worst part was an occasional account receivable issue
The most enjoyable part was that different types of customers
Terrible place to work
office (Former Employee), tauntonMarch 8, 2015
Pros: hourly rate
Cons: bad training, bad attitude
The manager was awful i was never trained properly and sat for hours with no work when i did get work i was spoken to rudely if i asked a question i was there 3 weeks and was not trained properly was always told they were too busy to answer questions, i had no idea that i was going to be terminated and was shocked when i was let go it was done mid afternoon i was not even given a chance to tell my side of what was happening,
Worst Job ever!
Glad im gone! (Former Employee), AustellFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: its a check
Cons: just about everything you could think thats bad about a company.
As a CDL-A driver if you want to work nights 12-14 hours 5 or 6 nights a week this is the place for you. DOT should come in and do an investigation. They had a fatality because a driver fell asleep at the wheel in January. Management acted as though they were sad but they keep on running their employees in the ground as if nothing happened. They force their drivers to come in after only having 10.5 hours off. No family time no personal time. Management could care less about their drivers. They constantly load 10-13 stops 1400 cases on their trucks. Their drivers run out of time and they have to sit on the side of the road for hours waiting on relief. Or get a hotel for a local route. Drivers stay away from this company!! Warehouse are worked just as bad. Required to pull more cases because they want to keep the manpower numbers low. Selectors are understaffed bad! Drivers get off work sometimes saturday nights at 6pm and back to work sunday night at 10pm. Very short turn around. Their customers are leaving in droves! If you just need a job go for it but make it because you have to feed your family other than that steer clear.
Don't care about their employees
Clerical (Former Employee), New BedfordFebruary 11, 2015
Cons: totally not family oriented
These people do not care about employee safety! They just want you to be there and don't care how that happens...they are rude, pushy and all too corporate....SUCKY place to work!
they need alot of help cumunicating with their employees
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: buying food cheap
Cons: not being apperciated
They don't know what is going on with the company and employees. When I started the asst supervisor and the head supervisor quit and the asst was their for 12 yrs and the head maybe 3 yrs, But that was a sign the company wasn't doing good. The reason I was terminated was I was delivering product and one of the side doors opened and hit a mirror on a pickup truck. I said I would pay but I was on probation so I was terminated.
Good face to Face customer activity
Truck Driver (Current Employee), university Park, IlFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
Start time 12-6 a.m.. 30 min pre-trip, deliver to number of chain restaurants. load various between 300- 1100 cases. Time management and deliver good and healthy products.
Making good money as a tractor trailer driver!!!
Class A Driver (Current Employee), Taunton, MAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: money!!!
Have been employed at Reinhart/Agar for about 3 months as a class A driver-its hard work but you make a killing if you do your job. Benefits are good. Happy I made the switch-will never go back to anything else. Days fly by.
A typical day at work
Associate (Current Employee), GoergiaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: talking with all range of people
Cons: short breaks
It's an okay place to work. Company is currently going through a lot of changes.
Great co-workers & fast paced
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), La CrosseJanuary 13, 2015
I worked with great people. The management is not impressive. There was high turn over and very poor work-life balance. The company does a survey every year to find out how happy employees are but does nothing with the results to make anyone happier.
Productive and fun work place with excelent communication between management and staff
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee), University Park, ILDecember 26, 2014
A typical day at work would include submitting reports to all sales representatives. These reports would include lost sales, product availability and orders not yet placed by customers. Phone calls from customers would be taken and their issues would be resolved. The customer service manager was always available to support the department. Employees worked together to ensure all customer needs were met.

1 2 3 4 5

About Reinhart FoodService L.L.C.

Reinhart is the Nation's third largest independent foodservice distributor. We are a family-owned company that has been around – Read more

Reinhart FoodService L.L.C. Salaries