Our oil and gas client is looking for senior level desktop/ support specialist with a Bachelor's Degree.
Location: downtown Houston
Experience, Skills and Education:
· 3 years of direct desktop support or IT helpdesk experience
· Thorough knowledge of personal computers and willingness to learn new technologies
· Proven experience supporting Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and other supported commercial off-the-shelf software and applications; demonstrated abilities to train end users on these applications
· Proven experience supporting, installing, and configuring Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 Full Suite and Dell Engineering Workstation / desktop/ laptop and Apple iPad hardware
· Proven experience supporting, configuring iPhone and Blackberry mobile devices
· Demonstrated abilities to prepare documentation and training materials and conduct user trainings
· Ability to write clear and thorough technical documentation
· Current certification in MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) or A+ required.
· B.S. in computer science or related field or equivalent work/education experience
· Scheduled night and weekend work or on-call duty may be required.
· Willing to travel (less than 20% travel).
Specific Duties include:
· Performs initial standard loads on desktops, laptops, desktop software, telephone, smartphones, wireless devices and peripherals according to pre-established procedures.
· Troubleshoots user-reported IT issues and provide resolution over the phone, via remote control or in-person.
· Maintains IT asset tracking system by performing periodic inventory audits, updating records for repair history, adding records for new purchases, and processing asset transfer and disposal.
· Conducts periodic training sessions on employee desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Office) and hardware to augment formal training.
· Installs Cisco VoIP desk phones.
· Works with procurement staff to purchase computer hardware, software, license and other IT supplies.
· Develops IT user procedures and how-to’s and maintains company knowledgebase.
· Participates on special projects and manages small IT projects