Related Management

Related Management Employee Reviews

Definitely and experience
RECERTIFICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. definitely all about the numbers but also how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics , but this is expected of a big company.
Challenging Work Environment
Senior Project Accountant (Former Employee), New York NYJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Favoritism
Typical day: Very productive and project focused. Allowed to work on my own with very little supervision. The most enjoyable part of my job was the free moments that I got to interact with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was senior management's ability to handle workplace bullying. The senior exec favorite's get carte blanche.
Yes I worked for this company.
Multi Site Property Manager (Former Employee), East Orange and Wharton, NJApril 27, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Poor Management Structure.
Stay away from this company!!!!!! The District manager has no Polish at all. Does not invest anytime with new associates and doesn't wait till they receive any training to decide they are not the right fit.

It has been 17 months since working for Related. Right before they decided i wasn't the right fit. I received and awesome job offer from another management company. I now Manage a property with over 200 units and I do it all by myself. I'm well liked by the Owner and his Management team.

So if you don't take my advise and keep scrolling. Just remember it's not you!

Good Luck!
Great Corporate Company, Regional Upper Management was horrible
Related Management, Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Midland, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great Corporate Company
Cons: Regional Management Staff
This was an excellent company to work for, however there was generally quite a bit of favoritism among the regional management staff, and this caused a lot of employee attrition.
Horrible payment practices. Does not pay employees on time or vendors.
Property (Former Employee), New YorkApril 1, 2015
Pros: Struggling to think of any
Cons: Everything, paychecks, payments, rude, not very experienced.
They do not pay very well to begin with and made a lot of promises on the front end then changed all the promises once you accepted the offer. Then come payday and you don't receive a paycheck because you are new, they act like its no big deal. The checks in the mail. They do not pay any of their bills on time and do not pay their vendors accurately. Management makes a lot of empty promises. I would never recommend anyone working here. While I was there people were leaving in droves. The supposed 'help' you receive from Corp is anything but that. They are rude, hateful and the majority want to argue with you about things they know nothing about.
Fast paced working enviorment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 29, 2015
Great company, a wide range of different properties, extremely busy office, high pressure work environment, lots of training, good benefits, nice co-workers
Excellent
Accounts-Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the culture is family based, management is understanding
It is a great experience working for Related management, the company foresters great ideas from staff, open and willing to a just to the needs of the employees - Typical day at work begins at 7:am I review emails and voice message from the day before, check my in box for work and usually check with my co-workers if they need or require assistance before I check invoices.
Very busy workplace
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), marion, ILMarch 3, 2015
I WOULD WORK WITH TENANTS DAILY. TAKE PHONE CALLS ALLL DAY AND PROCESS PAPERWORK. I learned how to make sure that tenants are Tax Credit qualified. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I enjoyed meeting with the elders and hearing all their stories.
Very interesting job opportunity, gained new experience, in new field of work
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Midland, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: dicounted rate on rent, exposure to new potential career field
Cons: benefits package, lack of leadership and positive work environment
I generally was the first to arrive, and would process any pending payments, respond to emails, return phone calls, handle any outstanding deposit accounting, address any concerns that may have arisen. Throughout the day, I would answer phone calls, greet prospective residents, handing background checks and credit checks, process any inventory orders that were required.

I learned a lot when I worked for this company regarding property management. Including how it works, what it takes to run an apartment complex, and what goes on "behind the scenes".

The management was not very supportive. Throughout – more... my short time with the company, I had several different managers, all of which were either learning a new position, or were competitive among their own peers. This caused much discontent among the employees, and thus caused several people to leave their company, of their own volition.

I consider myself to be very adaptable to change, and easy to work with. With this being said, the only problems that I had were with the unqualified upper management that I worked with. This was the hardest part of the job.

I enjoyed interacting with different people, and getting to know both the residents, prospective residents, and the other co-workers in other parts of the country. – less
busy
1st Class Handyman (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 10, 2015
hard work learn alot, busy atmosphere.
alot of work oders.was alot of favortism on site but over all i like all the work
Review
Concierge/Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
Pros: love the hotel environment
Cons: no supervisory support
very busy on a daily basis, with groups coming in. Supervisors argued all the time because of the way the front desk was being run.
Upper Management rude , aggressive, threating and somewhat evil.
property manager (Former Employee), southern illinoisOctober 4, 2014
Pros: they did offer training optons, some of my bosses should have attended a few.
Cons: days where long very few breaks, ate lunch at desk if at all most days, problems getting management to pay the bills you sent in for payment
I was a property manager with excessive paperwork and responsibilities for there awfully low salary.I was threatened and talk to like a child by management who they themselves knew far less about Hud rules and housing issues than me.It appeared that most of the regional and district managers had not a clue what they where doing never would they help anyone if anything pushed there workload onto the regular property managers and when you brought any of this up they were very defensive and rude .Expectations where very ridiculous .You know its bad when no one can answer your questions because they dont have a clue.Almost like working for overpaid smart butt teenagers.C o workers where pretty good people under same stress as me.I learned how to back stab others from the management.Most enjoyable part of
this job was in fact leaving ,every day was a disaster of unorganized , disrespectful dealings with people who were out for themselves.
Horrible place
office help (Former Employee), north east reigion 7October 2, 2014
disrespectful company overall.. absolutely does not treat employees fairly.. someone needs to investigate the true way people are being treated especially in the north east region.. the two female managers in region 7 are ridiculous and very unprofessional .. Related to to bring the micro scope down harder you give undeserving people promotions to hurt others.. and these two managers work in a racially devised area and treat minorities with no respect .. I left because I cannot and will not treat anyone no matter what your status with disrespect ..they need help it is sad..when your a professional you should be all the way around ..
Enjoy working with a large group of talented individuals. Very goal oriented company.
Resident Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: very good company to work with as long as you are ready to work hard
Every day was different, resolving building issues and meeting residents expectations was always a enjoyable part of the job.

Expectations are high but can be obtained.

It was great to work with a great staff and co workers.
awful
property manager (Former Employee), Chicago, IlSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: upper management
Upper management is rude, disrespectful and childish. The companies expectations of what one person should be responsible for is ridiculous and a clear sign of disconnect from corporate.
Real Estate Manager
Senior AP Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Locations throughout the USA. Compensation is good but benefits are below standard.
Good and Bad
Doorman (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2014
Pros: it is hard to get fired unless you do something completly stupid.
Cons: sometimes you get bored of the routine and some of the managers
We worked with Onesite and rolled over to Yardi. It was cool to see that they trained us but doing classes an surveys gets tedious.
Not too bad
Temp Mover (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILMay 23, 2014
Pros: quick work days, decent supervisors
Only bad part about this job was working with other co-workers. I had many problems with my co workers many that was brought to higher that we're never settled. Some of the supervisors I felt had my back while I feel that others hung me out to dry on certain things.
I enjoy providing exceptional customer service
Concierge (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2014
Pros: certified training, very busy facility
Cons: short lunch break
I absolutely loved this job, I met with and I was able to provide services for people all over the world. My co workers were the best ever, we definitely worked as a well oiled unit. My managers provided all the demanding request that we asked of them.
Great working environment
Property Manager (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 22, 2014
You get to work at your own pace, training is excellent, plenty of resources avialable.

About Related Management

Related is the most prominent privately owned real estate development firm in the United States and owns and operates a premier – Read more

Related Management Salaries