Related Management Employee Reviews

Upper Management rude , aggressive, threating and somewhat evil.
property manager (Former Employee) –  southern illinoisOctober 4, 2014
I was a property manager with excessive paperwork and responsibilities for there awfully low salary.I was threatened and talk to like a child by management who they themselves knew far less about Hud rules and housing issues than me.It appeared that most of the regional and district managers had not a clue what they where doing never would they help anyone if anything pushed there workload onto the regular property managers and when you brought any of this up they were very defensive and rude .Expectations where very ridiculous .You know its bad when no one can answer your questions because they dont have a clue.Almost like working for overpaid smart butt teenagers.C o workers where pretty good people under same stress as me.I learned how to back stab others from the management.Most enjoyable part of
this job was in fact leaving ,every day was a disaster of unorganized , disrespectful dealings with people who were out for themselves.
Pros
they did offer training optons, some of my bosses should have attended a few.
Cons
days where long very few breaks, ate lunch at desk if at all most days, problems getting management to pay the bills you sent in for payment
Volatile managers
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2015
One of the most volatile experiences I've ever had. The manager I had, who wasn't even in my city, was very condescending from the get-go. She would give very vague and contradicting instructions and then be very belittling and chastising every single thing I did.

I literally told my recruiter that I'd rather splash battery acid in my eyes and go on permanent disability than work for this woman, ever!

I'm not kidding, this was an insanely horrible experience. While I worked onsite, and she was out of state, there was a betting pool on how long I'd last at this job, seriously. Who does that?? I've noticed that in the weeks since I left, the job posting continues to be listed. I can only imagine how many other people she's burned through in the time since I left.

Oh and if you're saying this was an isolated incident with one boss? Nah, I thought so at first, but in the two weeks I was there, a few of the employees have said the revolving door on every position is usually 1-2 weeks long, NO ONE but the bosses remain. I also witnessed the onsite manager (who wasn't my boss) be as hostile to her team as my boss was to me. Its a vile little group of horrible people that run this company. Good riddance!
Pros
Cons
Hostile and vile managers, little direction and time to 'get acquainted' with the new job.
Very interesting job opportunity, gained new experience, in new field of work
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 18, 2015
I generally was the first to arrive, and would process any pending payments, respond to emails, return phone calls, handle any outstanding deposit accounting, address any concerns that may have arisen. Throughout the day, I would answer phone calls, greet prospective residents, handing background checks and credit checks, process any inventory orders that were required.

I learned a lot when I worked for this company regarding property management. Including how it works, what it takes to run an apartment complex, and what goes on "behind the scenes".

The management was not very supportive. Throughout my short time with the company, I had several different managers, all of which were either learning a new position, or were competitive among their own peers. This caused much discontent among the employees, and thus caused several people to leave their company, of their own volition.

I consider myself to be very adaptable to change, and easy to work with. With this being said, the only problems that I had were with the unqualified upper management that I worked with. This was the hardest part of the job.

I enjoyed interacting with different people, and getting to know both the residents, prospective residents, and the other co-workers in other parts of the country.
Pros
dicounted rate on rent, exposure to new potential career field
Cons
benefits package, lack of leadership and positive work environment
Abandoned site - if you're not in the city they do not care
Manager (Former Employee) –  ILFebruary 5, 2014
Upper management is of no help at all. They're very plastic and fake. I felt set up to fail. And the above post is correct. They act like they care but they don't. At first they act like we're a team and if you need anything they are there for you - but they're not. Don't have any questions or need any help unless you're in the city. Trainers tell you to contact them any time and then you do and they are annoyed and unhelpful. Compliance would sometimes take 2 - 3 weeks to respond. Upper management couldn't care less about employee retention. They couldn't care less about their residents. Residents are unit numbers and employees are our #008 number. They come to the site with fake smiles and handshakes. The residents know what's up. They only thing my district manager is interested in is being the next Jeff Brodsky. It's really unfortunate because I loved my site and I loved my job and did a great job.
Pros
i loved the job and i loved my residents
Cons
management is not helpful or responsive = they do not care about employees or residents
Horrible payment practices. Does not pay employees on time or vendors.
Property (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 1, 2015
They do not pay very well to begin with and made a lot of promises on the front end then changed all the promises once you accepted the offer. Then come payday and you don't receive a paycheck because you are new, they act like its no big deal. The checks in the mail. They do not pay any of their bills on time and do not pay their vendors accurately. Management makes a lot of empty promises. I would never recommend anyone working here. While I was there people were leaving in droves. The supposed 'help' you receive from Corp is anything but that. They are rude, hateful and the majority want to argue with you about things they know nothing about.
Pros
Struggling to think of any
Cons
Everything, paychecks, payments, rude, not very experienced.
Yes I worked for this company.
Multi Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  East Orange and Wharton, NJApril 27, 2015
Stay away from this company!!!!!! The District manager has no Polish at all. Does not invest anytime with new associates and doesn't wait till they receive any training to decide they are not the right fit.

It has been 17 months since working for Related. Right before they decided i wasn't the right fit. I received and awesome job offer from another management company. I now Manage a property with over 200 units and I do it all by myself. I'm well liked by the Owner and his Management team.

So if you don't take my advise and keep scrolling. Just remember it's not you!

Good Luck!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Poor Management Structure.
The staff I worked with was fun and productive also supportive
Manager Suntree Apts. And Players Club Community (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 3, 2013
Responsible for all general maintenance; plumbing (toilets, showers, sinks), AC; painting; plastering; insulating; repairing and replacing water heaters and property irrigation system.

People Skills:

Dependable, hardworking; able to communicate with Spanish speaking employee; possess good communication and interpersonal skills; work well with people; punctual; team player The hardest part of my job was evicting people from apartments. The most enjoyable part of the job was see new people living in the communities
Pros
the pros were allowing me to use the clubhouse for family events
Cons
the cons were income was based on apartment volume of leases
Run the other way!!!!!
RSS (Former Employee) –  RELATED COMPANY, CAOctober 29, 2013
where to start..... All of the reviews written about this company are true. Management is a joke. Don't even bother bringing your concerns to their attention--they could care less. Rather, they will blame YOU before they do anything to correct errors. Employees constantly complain about upper management...obviously there is a disconnect!!
If you don't conform, they will simply show you the door without warning. The residents are treated poorly and constantly gossiped about. They say they are a team of professionals; but they should REALLY re-evaluate this claim for its validity. Good riddance to bad rubbish!!
Pros
location
Cons
expensive benefits plan, horrible management
Horrible place
office help (Former Employee) –  north east reigion 7October 2, 2014
disrespectful company overall.. absolutely does not treat employees fairly.. someone needs to investigate the true way people are being treated especially in the north east region.. the two female managers in region 7 are ridiculous and very unprofessional .. Related to to bring the micro scope down harder you give undeserving people promotions to hurt others.. and these two managers work in a racially devised area and treat minorities with no respect .. I left because I cannot and will not treat anyone no matter what your status with disrespect ..they need help it is sad..when your a professional you should be all the way around ..
Do not waste your time with this company
Sorry Company (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 7, 2013
This company makes you think they care but really they don't. Very unhealthy working conditions and when you mention something that is bothering you they just blow it off like "whatever. keep working". The only thing good was the benefits. They hire sorry supervisors that do not care to get along with other employees. No respect what so ever. Every day is dealing with residents that have all kinds of diseases etc.....All they care about is you "killing" yourself to get what they want done and get their money to make them look good. If you like working for garbage this would be the company to work for
productive and enjoyable workplace
Office Manager/Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2013
typical work day at work was answering phones, doing billing and paying vendors. Full work day.

I learned alot about patience and the field that I worked in.

My co-workers were friendly, looked forward to seeing them. We helped each other when it was needed. We went to for lunch and dinner.

the most enjoyable part was that my boss was a very nice and understanding human being. Looked forward to going to work.

The hardest part of my was that I was the AR Manager, AP Manager,Office Manager and Administrative Assistant. But I loved it.
Pros
very relaxing environment, casual dress code, very understanding boss, great co-workers
Cons
short breaks, no 401k
Corporate
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 20, 2015
I work directly with the public. Interviewing families seeking affordable housing in New York City is my everyday. The skill that is most needed in this field is people person.The paramount characteristic is compassion. I excel in this area as all of my co-workers. We have the pleasure of sitting down and getting to know families that are in dire living conditions. We house them in luxury apartments that participate in the 80/20 Tax Credit Program offered by the I.R.S.
Pros
Helping families find affordable housing. Working with passionate co-workers.
Cons
Not being able to help every family that comes through our doors.
Excellent Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2013
Very busy office, excessive paperwork,yet gratifying, Worked with a diverse group of cultures which made the property some what challenging and rewarding.

Related Management is a company that stands out from them all, they provide all the resources one needs to be successful in their position.

Related Management provides excellent benefits, paid time off and understands Family Values.

I recently left the company thinking the grass would be greener on the other side. I have never regreted a decision more than the decision to leave Related Management
Cons
none --woderful companu
stay away from this company!
maintenance sup`t., (Former Employee) –  east orange,njAugust 18, 2013
Terrible place to work! They are constantly running ads for people because nobody stays with them. The tenants are the worst: crack and heroin addicts- HIV-mentally ill, and management will throw you under the bus any chance they get. A manager had to pay the bill for the on-call phone herself, because the home office didn`t pay it! All they do is cry that they`re broke- fix up the whole dump, but don`t spend any money for parts.

Comment – August 20, 2013

This bldg. is totally infested with bedbugs, rats, mice and roaches.

not a happy situation at Related.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 30, 2015
A typical day includes repairing damage apartments, I've learned from management on how to organize my work load, I've found out from working with my co-workers that they are not a team player. The hardest part of my job is re-pairing over and over due to the residents not caring and destroying the repair as fast as i fix it. The last thing is getting to know a resident that does care about their home.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
management isn't always organize.
Great work environment & management
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2012
This is a great place to work but after two years of commuting I want to find something closer to home. I would never even think about leaving if they were just a bit closer to central NJ. When I come into work, I know I will face a new challenge that usually I resolve on my own. I am always learning something new. I have learned to work independently as well as a team here at Related Management.
Pros
listen to music while i work
Cons
long commute
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasSeptember 9, 2015
As seen on many reviews here, upper management are just bad people. My DM was a liar, and I mean a cold, empty, stare you down till you feel like a crumb kind of liar. Not only lied to the employees about pay, but even to a judge, under oath in a court room. No shame, and they take no blame.
Pros
free apartment
Cons
Work expectations were unrealistic
Excellent
Accounts-Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
It is a great experience working for Related management, the company foresters great ideas from staff, open and willing to a just to the needs of the employees - Typical day at work begins at 7:am I review emails and voice message from the day before, check my in box for work and usually check with my co-workers if they need or require assistance before I check invoices.
Pros
the culture is family based, management is understanding
I enjoy providing exceptional customer service
Concierge (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2014
I absolutely loved this job, I met with and I was able to provide services for people all over the world. My co workers were the best ever, we definitely worked as a well oiled unit. My managers provided all the demanding request that we asked of them.
Pros
certified training, very busy facility
Cons
short lunch break
Enjoy working with a large group of talented individuals. Very goal oriented company.
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Every day was different, resolving building issues and meeting residents expectations was always a enjoyable part of the job.

Expectations are high but can be obtained.

It was great to work with a great staff and co workers.
Pros
very good company to work with as long as you are ready to work hard