Related Management Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJApril 19, 2016
I haven't been working here to long but the time that I have spent with Related has been a wonderful experience. Probably one of the best companies I've ever worked for. They acknowledge each and every person not as an employee but as family. My District Manager actually asked me that one day "do you want to just be a person working for related or be treated as family" It's a wonderful feeling knowing that all the hard work you put in, its being noticed. A great work environment and upper management is always there to help. This is a company that I would love to grow with and hopefully one day they will see that and consider me to actually run/manage a property of my own one day. I know I don't want to live in Jersey for the rest of my life and its great that they have properties all over the work. In the event I wanted to transfer to a different state I can do that without a doubt.
Pros
benefits are amazing, tuition reimbursment, Paid time off, Great work enviroment, Upper Management very helpful
Cons
Sometimes I wish I would be heard more in the office, But that also means I need to speak up more as well
Fun place met a lot of celebrities
Custodian/Concierge (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYApril 11, 2016
Very peasant place to work independently. When I arrived at work would change into my uniform and would start loading up trash bags for curbside pickup. Would perform inspection of building inside and outside to see what needed the most attention and would start there (see resume for details) would clean floors and rugs last. I organized a cleaning method that would benefit the next shift employee. My co-workers and I worked as a team always informing one another. The hardest part of the job was keeping the front lobby rugs clean during snow season. I really enjoyed my job overall nothing beats watering the outside of the building on a nice sunny day.
Pros
The bonuses I received during the Christmas Holiday were exceptional
Cons
Getting necessary supplies before running out
fun work place
Concierge (Current Employee) –  205 E 85th Street, new york, NY 10028February 2, 2016
sometimes work gets hard at times, but having co workers to help the day get thru is fun. i started as porter and moved up to concierge, the most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work.
Great work experience
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 22, 2016
Wonderful work and learning experience. Enjoyed interacting with customers. Formed strong and lasting relationships
Needs more stability
property manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Every management company is different, Related has its ways, although with more experienced employees and management giving property manager there jobs back and stop MICROMANAGING then the property can start performing. Overall the benefits are good and they do provide training.
Pros
Training
Cons
Benefits, pay and commission
excellent place to learn to work as a team.
residential superintendent (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 2, 2016
interacting with tenants and management
adhering to budgets
delegating daily task
supervising of special projects
trouble shooting problems.
Pros
respect, working as a team.
Cons
short breaks.
Excellent company to work for.
Residential Concierge (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2015
Related is a rather high-end company. I had a great time meeting interesting people from all walks of life. Team members are helpful and mindful of others.
Pros
Competitve compensation packages.
Cons
Exteremely close to new ideas.
Volatile managers
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2015
One of the most volatile experiences I've ever had. The manager I had, who wasn't even in my city, was very condescending from the get-go. She would give very vague and contradicting instructions and then be very belittling and chastising every single thing I did.

I literally told my recruiter that I'd rather splash battery acid in my eyes and go on permanent disability than work for this woman, ever!

I'm not kidding, this was an insanely horrible experience. While I worked onsite, and she was out of state, there was a betting pool on how long I'd last at this job, seriously. Who does that?? I've noticed that in the weeks since I left, the job posting continues to be listed. I can only imagine how many other people she's burned through in the time since I left.

Oh and if you're saying this was an isolated incident with one boss? Nah, I thought so at first, but in the two weeks I was there, a few of the employees have said the revolving door on every position is usually 1-2 weeks long, NO ONE but the bosses remain. I also witnessed the onsite manager (who wasn't my boss) be as hostile to her team as my boss was to me. Its a vile little group of horrible people that run this company. Good riddance!
Pros
Cons
Hostile and vile managers, little direction and time to 'get acquainted' with the new job.
Fast paced and with heavy client interaction
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Related is a larger property management company that has a lot to offer. Site level staff enjoy great benefits and have a wide variety of responsibility.
Pros
Great Vacation policy
Cons
Cost of healthcare
Very Good place for work...
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 22, 2015
First thing to do everyday:

Round Inspection all property/Buildings
Make a check lista and create work orders
Check and done all Work Orders by priority
Preventative maintenance,Fire alarma inspection,Smog Detector check batteries and pressure.
Pros
All positive things
Cons
No negative
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day at work would include processing daily, weekly and monthly report, managing accounts, providing refreshments for future and current residents. I feel the hardest part of my job was to keep the property clean. My co-workers were very kind and understanding group of people.
Pros
Bonuses
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasSeptember 9, 2015
As seen on many reviews here, upper management are just bad people. My DM was a liar, and I mean a cold, empty, stare you down till you feel like a crumb kind of liar. Not only lied to the employees about pay, but even to a judge, under oath in a court room. No shame, and they take no blame.
Pros
free apartment
Cons
Work expectations were unrealistic
Corporate
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 20, 2015
I work directly with the public. Interviewing families seeking affordable housing in New York City is my everyday. The skill that is most needed in this field is people person.The paramount characteristic is compassion. I excel in this area as all of my co-workers. We have the pleasure of sitting down and getting to know families that are in dire living conditions. We house them in luxury apartments that participate in the 80/20 Tax Credit Program offered by the I.R.S.
Pros
Helping families find affordable housing. Working with passionate co-workers.
Cons
Not being able to help every family that comes through our doors.
Will distinguish you a man or mouse.
porter (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYAugust 20, 2015
In the four and a half years I've worked at Ocean Park it has been interesting and inspirational at the same time. Truly i enjoy working there and will continue until my time to retire.
Pros
union and great benefits
Cons
room for advancement is very much political
Productive and positive culture
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2015
Positive work environment. There is a lot of opportunity for growth and learning. Good balance between work and personal life. Very rewarding position.
not a happy situation at Related.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 30, 2015
A typical day includes repairing damage apartments, I've learned from management on how to organize my work load, I've found out from working with my co-workers that they are not a team player. The hardest part of my job is re-pairing over and over due to the residents not caring and destroying the repair as fast as i fix it. The last thing is getting to know a resident that does care about their home.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
management isn't always organize.
Cultural diversity
Maintenance Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2015
managing daily operations
property management
excellent
pleasant
on call
being educated on REAC, IDPH, CHA and OSHA site requirements
Pros
bonus structure
Cons
na
Continuing education promoted heavily with education reimbursement
Compliance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Great co-workers, very hectic days at times. Traveling throughout several states became overwhelming, which is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
Work load
Definitely and experience
RECERTIFICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. definitely all about the numbers but also how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics , but this is expected of a big company.
Challenging Work Environment
Senior Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York NYJune 3, 2015
Typical day: Very productive and project focused. Allowed to work on my own with very little supervision. The most enjoyable part of my job was the free moments that I got to interact with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was senior management's ability to handle workplace bullying. The senior exec favorite's get carte blanche.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Favoritism