Related Management Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place met a lot of celebrities
Custodian/Concierge (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYApril 11, 2016
Very peasant place to work independently. When I arrived at work would change into my uniform and would start loading up trash bags for curbside pickup. Would perform inspection of building inside and outside to see what needed the most attention and would start there (see resume for details) would clean floors and rugs last. I organized a cleaning method that would benefit the next shift employee. My co-workers and I worked as a team always informing one another. The hardest part of the job was keeping the front lobby rugs clean during snow season. I really enjoyed my job overall nothing beats watering the outside of the building on a nice sunny day.
Pros
The bonuses I received during the Christmas Holiday were exceptional
Cons
Getting necessary supplies before running out
Needs more stability
property manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Every management company is different, Related has its ways, although with more experienced employees and management giving property manager there jobs back and stop MICROMANAGING then the property can start performing. Overall the benefits are good and they do provide training.
Pros
Training
Cons
Benefits, pay and commission
excellent place to learn to work as a team.
residential superintendent (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 2, 2016
interacting with tenants and management
adhering to budgets
delegating daily task
supervising of special projects
trouble shooting problems.
Pros
respect, working as a team.
Cons
short breaks.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJApril 19, 2016
I haven't been working here to long but the time that I have spent with Related has been a wonderful experience. Probably one of the best companies I've ever worked for. They acknowledge each and every person not as an employee but as family. My District Manager actually asked me that one day "do you want to just be a person working for related or be treated as family" It's a wonderful feeling knowing that all the hard work you put in, its being noticed. A great work environment and upper management is always there to help. This is a company that I would love to grow with and hopefully one day they will see that and consider me to actually run/manage a property of my own one day. I know I don't want to live in Jersey for the rest of my life and its great that they have properties all over the work. In the event I wanted to transfer to a different state I can do that without a doubt.
Pros
benefits are amazing, tuition reimbursment, Paid time off, Great work enviroment, Upper Management very helpful
Cons
Sometimes I wish I would be heard more in the office, But that also means I need to speak up more as well
fun work place
Concierge (Current Employee) –  205 E 85th Street, new york, NY 10028February 2, 2016
sometimes work gets hard at times, but having co workers to help the day get thru is fun. i started as porter and moved up to concierge, the most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work.
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasSeptember 9, 2015
As seen on many reviews here, upper management are just bad people. My DM was a liar, and I mean a cold, empty, stare you down till you feel like a crumb kind of liar. Not only lied to the employees about pay, but even to a judge, under oath in a court room. No shame, and they take no blame.
Pros
free apartment
Cons
Work expectations were unrealistic
Corporate
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 20, 2015
I work directly with the public. Interviewing families seeking affordable housing in New York City is my everyday. The skill that is most needed in this field is people person.The paramount characteristic is compassion. I excel in this area as all of my co-workers. We have the pleasure of sitting down and getting to know families that are in dire living conditions. We house them in luxury apartments that participate in the 80/20 Tax Credit Program offered by the I.R.S.
Pros
Helping families find affordable housing. Working with passionate co-workers.
Cons
Not being able to help every family that comes through our doors.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day at work would include processing daily, weekly and monthly report, managing accounts, providing refreshments for future and current residents. I feel the hardest part of my job was to keep the property clean. My co-workers were very kind and understanding group of people.
Pros
Bonuses
Very Good place for work...
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 22, 2015
First thing to do everyday:

Round Inspection all property/Buildings
Make a check lista and create work orders
Check and done all Work Orders by priority
Preventative maintenance,Fire alarma inspection,Smog Detector check batteries and pressure.
Pros
All positive things
Cons
No negative
Excellent company to work for.
Residential Concierge (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2015
Related is a rather high-end company. I had a great time meeting interesting people from all walks of life. Team members are helpful and mindful of others.
Pros
Competitve compensation packages.
Cons
Exteremely close to new ideas.
Great work experience
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 22, 2016
Wonderful work and learning experience. Enjoyed interacting with customers. Formed strong and lasting relationships
not a happy situation at Related.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 30, 2015
A typical day includes repairing damage apartments, I've learned from management on how to organize my work load, I've found out from working with my co-workers that they are not a team player. The hardest part of my job is re-pairing over and over due to the residents not caring and destroying the repair as fast as i fix it. The last thing is getting to know a resident that does care about their home.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
management isn't always organize.
Fast paced and with heavy client interaction
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Related is a larger property management company that has a lot to offer. Site level staff enjoy great benefits and have a wide variety of responsibility.
Pros
Great Vacation policy
Cons
Cost of healthcare
Will distinguish you a man or mouse.
porter (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYAugust 20, 2015
In the four and a half years I've worked at Ocean Park it has been interesting and inspirational at the same time. Truly i enjoy working there and will continue until my time to retire.
Pros
union and great benefits
Cons
room for advancement is very much political
Challenging Work Environment
Senior Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York NYJune 3, 2015
Typical day: Very productive and project focused. Allowed to work on my own with very little supervision. The most enjoyable part of my job was the free moments that I got to interact with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was senior management's ability to handle workplace bullying. The senior exec favorite's get carte blanche.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Favoritism
Yes I worked for this company.
Multi Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  East Orange and Wharton, NJApril 27, 2015
Stay away from this company!!!!!! The District manager has no Polish at all. Does not invest anytime with new associates and doesn't wait till they receive any training to decide they are not the right fit.

It has been 17 months since working for Related. Right before they decided i wasn't the right fit. I received and awesome job offer from another management company. I now Manage a property with over 200 units and I do it all by myself. I'm well liked by the Owner and his Management team.

So if you don't take my advise and keep scrolling. Just remember it's not you!

Good Luck!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Poor Management Structure.
Continuing education promoted heavily with education reimbursement
Compliance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Great co-workers, very hectic days at times. Traveling throughout several states became overwhelming, which is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
Work load
Productive and positive culture
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2015
Positive work environment. There is a lot of opportunity for growth and learning. Good balance between work and personal life. Very rewarding position.
Definitely and experience
RECERTIFICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. definitely all about the numbers but also how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics , but this is expected of a big company.
Horrible payment practices. Does not pay employees on time or vendors.
Property (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 1, 2015
They do not pay very well to begin with and made a lot of promises on the front end then changed all the promises once you accepted the offer. Then come payday and you don't receive a paycheck because you are new, they act like its no big deal. The checks in the mail. They do not pay any of their bills on time and do not pay their vendors accurately. Management makes a lot of empty promises. I would never recommend anyone working here. While I was there people were leaving in droves. The supposed 'help' you receive from Corp is anything but that. They are rude, hateful and the majority want to argue with you about things they know nothing about.
Pros
Struggling to think of any
Cons
Everything, paychecks, payments, rude, not very experienced.