Related Management Employee Reviews

Needs more stability
property manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Every management company is different, Related has its ways, although with more experienced employees and management giving property manager there jobs back and stop MICROMANAGING then the property can start performing. Overall the benefits are good and they do provide training.
Pros
Training
Cons
Benefits, pay and commission
Excellent Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 12, 2016
Related has been a great company to work for. My colleagues are wonderful to work with and upper management has always been respectful, responsive, supportive and understanding. The company offers excellent compensation, benefits and training. The time I've spent with Related has been the highlight of my management career and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I was challenged and learned a great deal.
Pros
Training, support from colleagues, support upper management
Fun place met a lot of celebrities
Custodian/Concierge (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYApril 11, 2016
Very peasant place to work independently. When I arrived at work would change into my uniform and would start loading up trash bags for curbside pickup. Would perform inspection of building inside and outside to see what needed the most attention and would start there (see resume for details) would clean floors and rugs last. I organized a cleaning method that would benefit the next shift employee. My co-workers and I worked as a team always informing one another. The hardest part of the job was keeping the front lobby rugs clean during snow season. I really enjoyed my job overall nothing beats watering the outside of the building on a nice sunny day.
Pros
The bonuses I received during the Christmas Holiday were exceptional
Cons
Getting necessary supplies before running out
not a happy situation at Related.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 30, 2015
A typical day includes repairing damage apartments, I've learned from management on how to organize my work load, I've found out from working with my co-workers that they are not a team player. The hardest part of my job is re-pairing over and over due to the residents not caring and destroying the repair as fast as i fix it. The last thing is getting to know a resident that does care about their home.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
management isn't always organize.
Excellent company to work for.
Residential Concierge (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2015
Related is a rather high-end company. I had a great time meeting interesting people from all walks of life. Team members are helpful and mindful of others.
Pros
Competitve compensation packages.
Cons
Exteremely close to new ideas.
Fast paced and with heavy client interaction
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Related is a larger property management company that has a lot to offer. Site level staff enjoy great benefits and have a wide variety of responsibility.
Pros
Great Vacation policy
Cons
Cost of healthcare
Great Place to Work
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJApril 19, 2016
I haven't been working here to long but the time that I have spent with Related has been a wonderful experience. Probably one of the best companies I've ever worked for. They acknowledge each and every person not as an employee but as family. My District Manager actually asked me that one day "do you want to just be a person working for related or be treated as family" It's a wonderful feeling knowing that all the hard work you put in, its being noticed. A great work environment and upper management is always there to help. This is a company that I would love to grow with and hopefully one day they will see that and consider me to actually run/manage a property of my own one day. I know I don't want to live in Jersey for the rest of my life and its great that they have properties all over the work. In the event I wanted to transfer to a different state I can do that without a doubt.
Pros
benefits are amazing, tuition reimbursment, Paid time off, Great work enviroment, Upper Management very helpful
Cons
Sometimes I wish I would be heard more in the office, But that also means I need to speak up more as well
Will distinguish you a man or mouse.
porter (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYAugust 20, 2015
In the four and a half years I've worked at Ocean Park it has been interesting and inspirational at the same time. Truly i enjoy working there and will continue until my time to retire.
Pros
union and great benefits
Cons
room for advancement is very much political
excellent company
Handyman (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
excellent company to work with. Great benefits. Management is great and really organize people. The all staff are friendly and hard working people. Every day is a journey, but at the same time is a great journey where you learn and love the job.
A good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 30, 2016
A growing Company with growing opportunities
Two years of Positive training to help advance with in the company
Great office staff environment,Hours of operation are convenient
Top of the line Benifits
Hard work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 18, 2016
Long days and hard work. Management expect big results with not enough hours in the day to get the work done. The pay is ok but not much room for growth. Staff is changing constantly because of the difficulty of the tenants.
Challenging Work Environment
Senior Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York NYJune 3, 2015
Typical day: Very productive and project focused. Allowed to work on my own with very little supervision. The most enjoyable part of my job was the free moments that I got to interact with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was senior management's ability to handle workplace bullying. The senior exec favorite's get carte blanche.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Favoritism
productive and fun place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJune 12, 2016
Great real state management company with great benefits. I have learn a lot from all the training and help from co-workers.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
little opportunity for growths
Run the other way!!!!!
RSS (Former Employee) –  RELATED COMPANY, CAOctober 29, 2013
where to start..... All of the reviews written about this company are true. Management is a joke. Don't even bother bringing your concerns to their attention--they could care less. Rather, they will blame YOU before they do anything to correct errors. Employees constantly complain about upper management...obviously there is a disconnect!!
If you don't conform, they will simply show you the door without warning. The residents are treated poorly and constantly gossiped about. They say they are a team of professionals; but they should REALLY re-evaluate this claim for its validity. Good riddance to bad rubbish!!
Pros
location
Cons
expensive benefits plan, horrible management
Excellent Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2013
Very busy office, excessive paperwork,yet gratifying, Worked with a diverse group of cultures which made the property some what challenging and rewarding.

Related Management is a company that stands out from them all, they provide all the resources one needs to be successful in their position.

Related Management provides excellent benefits, paid time off and understands Family Values.

I recently left the company thinking the grass would be greener on the other side. I have never regreted a decision more than the decision to leave Related Management
Cons
none --woderful companu
productive and enjoyable workplace
Office Manager/Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2013
typical work day at work was answering phones, doing billing and paying vendors. Full work day.

I learned alot about patience and the field that I worked in.

My co-workers were friendly, looked forward to seeing them. We helped each other when it was needed. We went to for lunch and dinner.

the most enjoyable part was that my boss was a very nice and understanding human being. Looked forward to going to work.

The hardest part of my was that I was the AR Manager, AP Manager,Office Manager and Administrative Assistant. But I loved it.
Pros
very relaxing environment, casual dress code, very understanding boss, great co-workers
Cons
short breaks, no 401k
Do not waste your time with this company
Sorry Company (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 7, 2013
This company makes you think they care but really they don't. Very unhealthy working conditions and when you mention something that is bothering you they just blow it off like "whatever. keep working". The only thing good was the benefits. They hire sorry supervisors that do not care to get along with other employees. No respect what so ever. Every day is dealing with residents that have all kinds of diseases etc.....All they care about is you "killing" yourself to get what they want done and get their money to make them look good. If you like working for garbage this would be the company to work for
Upper Management rude , aggressive, threating and somewhat evil.
property manager (Former Employee) –  southern illinoisOctober 4, 2014
I was a property manager with excessive paperwork and responsibilities for there awfully low salary.I was threatened and talk to like a child by management who they themselves knew far less about Hud rules and housing issues than me.It appeared that most of the regional and district managers had not a clue what they where doing never would they help anyone if anything pushed there workload onto the regular property managers and when you brought any of this up they were very defensive and rude .Expectations where very ridiculous .You know its bad when no one can answer your questions because they dont have a clue.Almost like working for overpaid smart butt teenagers.C o workers where pretty good people under same stress as me.I learned how to back stab others from the management.Most enjoyable part of
this job was in fact leaving ,every day was a disaster of unorganized , disrespectful dealings with people who were out for themselves.
Pros
they did offer training optons, some of my bosses should have attended a few.
Cons
days where long very few breaks, ate lunch at desk if at all most days, problems getting management to pay the bills you sent in for payment
excellent place to learn to work as a team.
residential superintendent (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 2, 2016
interacting with tenants and management
adhering to budgets
delegating daily task
supervising of special projects
trouble shooting problems.
Pros
respect, working as a team.
Cons
short breaks.
Very interesting job opportunity, gained new experience, in new field of work
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 18, 2015
I generally was the first to arrive, and would process any pending payments, respond to emails, return phone calls, handle any outstanding deposit accounting, address any concerns that may have arisen. Throughout the day, I would answer phone calls, greet prospective residents, handing background checks and credit checks, process any inventory orders that were required.

I learned a lot when I worked for this company regarding property management. Including how it works, what it takes to run an apartment complex, and what goes on "behind the scenes".

The management was not very supportive. Throughout my short time with the company, I had several different managers, all of which were either learning a new position, or were competitive among their own peers. This caused much discontent among the employees, and thus caused several people to leave their company, of their own volition.

I consider myself to be very adaptable to change, and easy to work with. With this being said, the only problems that I had were with the unqualified upper management that I worked with. This was the hardest part of the job.

I enjoyed interacting with different people, and getting to know both the residents, prospective residents, and the other co-workers in other parts of the country.
Pros
dicounted rate on rent, exposure to new potential career field
Cons
benefits package, lack of leadership and positive work environment

Related Management Reviews by Location