RETS is seeking Field Service Technicians at various levels of experience to inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Instrument transformer tests
- Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Relay testing - both electro-mechanical and solid state.
- Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent education and experience
- 4 or more years of relevant experience
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English via verbal and written methods
- Experience with RTS or Protest relay testing preferred
- Experience with oil testing, infrared scanning and automatic transfer switch preferred
- Exposure or experience performing start-up on switchgear up through 500kV class
- Experience in power plants, heavy industrial plants, substations and utility companies desirable.
- Experience with VFD preferred
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, overnight travel and occasional weekends, holidays and nights
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests
Must have a good background check