Reliable Reports Employee Reviews

Great People and Management
Management (Current Employee) –  NJDecember 30, 2016
As a field representative you will be as successful as you want to be as long as you have self discipline and the ability to work independently. Management is patient and will do their best to help field representative succeed. The hours are flexible. Great benefits, 401k and vacation for Full time employees. There software could use upgrading.
Pros
Employees/Management
Cons
System
Hard work, flexible schedule
Field Rep (Current Employee) –  NortheastDecember 30, 2016
This is a steady job with good benefits(healthcare, 401K Match) that are hard to find in this industry.

Work can be demanding, as the insurance carriers set the reporting requirements, not Reliable. Pay is steady, although mileage is sometimes confusing.

You will not get rich doing this work. But if you value your independence and are able to maintain a disciplined schedule you will do fine.

Mangers are very supportive and helpful. On line training is very good.
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
Tough time service deadlines, weather can be a problem
A good company to work for.
current employee (Current Employee) –  midwestDecember 19, 2016
I have worked for Reliable Reports for 5 years. The company has been very good to me. You have a flexible schedule as long as you get done what you are supposed to. The compensation is average with what the other companies pay (reminder you are an employee of the company W2 job along with mileage) the others are 1099 jobs. With this job you need to be disciplined you cannot start at 10 or 11 in the morning and get your work done it is a JOB.
Pros
flexible schedule
Low Compensation, high expenses, terrible management
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GASeptember 4, 2016
I was a contractor at the beginning and converted to an employee (part time). I remained working for four other inspection companies. Each of the other four paid more. My mileage, while combined while working for other inspection companies, remained to high to make a profit. Their rural inspections often had wrong addresses requiring a return trip (without compensation) to a corrected address. They did not fire me, I fired them as they were not worth the bother. I could easily recommend better companies to work for. Management have catch phrases for every problem and are NEVER wrong nor will or can they apologize or have empathy. Before you sign on here....check every where else.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Cost, mileage, inaccurate requests, lack of empathy
keep looking
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  ILAugust 6, 2016
the faster you forget this company the better. They will threaten with termination almost every chance they get. They are unrealistic as to people and work performed. Here's an example: They expect you to climb on roofs no matter how much snow/ice are up there. They give you cleats to walk on ice in winter. Wrong addresses, wrong cities and in one case, wrong state. 99.9% is not good enough for them.1,000 miles a week? get used to it. High turnover- why? Hours of work? was told to lie about that- " to make yourself look better ".In some cases 20 hour workdays are expected. put down 8. Right, better look elsewhere.
Pros
no one looking over your shoulder
Cons
might as well be, as they like to micromanage
Bottom line is all that matters
Field Safety Rep (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJanuary 5, 2016
RRI use to be a great company to work for......I said USE to be....several changes made over last couple of years were implemented strictly to advance their bottom line.....pay structure for field reps was completely discarded and a strictly commission based system installed. Status as full time revoked for 90% of employees and based upon quarterly work....not bad until work dries up to nothing and you get changed to part time immediately (but takes 3 months of production to get moved back to full time)
Pros
none for years
Cons
see above...management, pay scale, communication
Don't waste your time
field representative (Former Employee) –  Texas Gulf Coast, TXDecember 5, 2015
Terrible management. They do not care about you. Treat you like a child. Micro Management. You will wear out your vehicle fast. They provide you no safety equipment and expect you to climb steep and wet roofs. Wait until you get hurt on the job and lose your income and the company does not care. You will deal with irate homeowners and nosy neighbors wanting to know why you are at the home they sent you too. Also be prepared to deal with trying to enter a back yard when the homeowner is not home with viscious dogs sleeping in the back yard.

Avoid the field rep position like the plague.
Dependable office job, had a good experience here!
Reviewer I (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 21, 2015
I would recommend working here as the people are friendly and they can work around your schedule, including students. They (including management) are very helpful when you have any questions or problems. This job is mostly low-stress with opportunities for moving inside the company and for getting more responsibility as time goes on, which is great.

This job gives you a good foundation in home insurance, whether you are a reviewer or field representative. You will work for various clients, and over time you can work on more difficult report types and solve some problems with people on your team, although mostly the environment is quiet.

The daily work is consistent, but this allowed me to work on accuracy, speed, and feeling comfortable with the guidelines. I've trained a few reviewers, and there is training to finish but it is thorough and you feel prepared to do the job afterwards.
Pros
Friendly people, experience with home insurance, good office environment
Cons
Sometimes repetitive work
Not a bad place to work, if you like to drive
Field Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  MidwestMarch 6, 2015
All and all, this is not a bad company to work for, as long as you get your inspections done and submitted in a timely fashion. Pay is so so. Management pretty much lets you set your own schedule. They will help you get more work if your area is low on inspection requests. You will put a LOT of miles on your car. In about 4 months, I put about 18,000 miles on my car, so just be ready for that. You get some reimbursement for mileage, but it's not much. I had a good experience.
Pros
Freedom to set your schedule
Cons
Tons of miles, repetitive work, low pay
Reliable reports is a great company to work for .
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 12, 2015
This company is a great company to work for if you can work on your own in a self directed environment. The people that fail are the ones that have to be told what to do every ,moment . This job is not for someone that wants to visit with coworkers and you do not see your co workers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Can't work in bad weather
boring, repetitive
Report Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day at work involved getting to work and sitting in your desk all day reviewing reports. The reports could range from the advanced ones to the beginner ones. There wasn't really anything too difficult with the job, but it was very flexible with school schedules or other scheduling conflicts.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
low pay, cubicles, no room for advancement.
Poor excuse for a company
Field inspector (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 4, 2014
They tell you to pick your days. Since I started I have worked 7 days a week. Management will not yell but they will force you to do areas that are out of your original agreement. Management is one of the biggest problems they treat you like a child. They want you to fabricate on your hours. One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Work 60 hours and make $300.
Pros
Meet wonderful customers
Cons
Great Job...If you don't need your hand held
Field Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  SouthAugust 30, 2013
I've read all the reviews of this company. I currently work as a field reporting specialist with Reliable Reports and find it to be a terrific job. I enjoy the work and find it to be a great opportunity make decent money for those willing to put the work in. Did I take this job thinking I'd immediately be making six figures? No, I did not.
The hiring/training curve is fairly straight forward. Interview, background check, drug check, offer of employment and online training took me about 6 weeks all told. After that, field training with a manager of 4-5 days and your off.
I did not have experience with this type of work and my expectations were realistic. The commercial inspections are involved, and specific to the type of business being inspected. Residential inspections vary from standard exterior only types that require very little effort up to high value inspections, which require appointments, interior access and diagramming of the home ( physical measurement and creation of a line drawing using the companies drawing software). You do the field work, take it back to your home office and compile the reports and send the reports to the home office via the internet. From there your reports go through quality control, if anything in the report is not kosher, it comes back with notes on corrections that need to be made. You correct and re-submit. It gets easier the more you do, as you develop your system and memory of each particular inspections requirements.
Pay scale is dependent on population density zones. City areas (zone 1) thru rural areas (zone 4) vary, but standard
  more... rates for exterior photo only inspections range from $6-10 dollars per. depending on zone. High Value inspections pay $114.00. Commercial Inspections fall between $15-$45 dollar range, there are quite a few different types of commercial inspections that will be ordered. I've inspected large hotels that have payed $120, and will admit that this part of the job (commercial) is the hardest, but again, the more you do it, the easier it becomes. After your 5th garage or Dr.'s office, you'll have those types down.
Management, at least to me seems solid...If you produce and do your job you will not be hassled. If you're slack, expect daily calls. The 3 managers that I've worked for/with have all been helpful and I've not had any problems. But again, you have to go get it! There is no hand holding. You are assigned a territory to work and it is up to you to, ummmm, you know...actually WORK IT. No one holds your hand at this job. If you don't produce you don't eat. I average net about $600 a week plus gas. (They pay 56.5 cents per mile) I've had $1K dollar weeks, I've had $300 dollar weeks. Pay is every 2 weeks, with mileage not taxed. The mileage pay is from your 1st stop to your last stop. Commute to and from these stops is not payed unless it's more than 2 hrs. one way. I make money on the mileage allowance, but not much. It basically covers my (monthly) oil change and insurance on the work car. Get a beater car that gets good mileage to maximize this benefit. The car is just a tool in this job. I get about 30 m.p.g. in mine. Full time employees enjoy 8 paid days off per year and after your 1st year you are eligible for 10 days paid vacation. Blue Cross Blue Shield, dental, vision, life insurance and employee matching 401K programs are also available to full time employees.
All in all, I like this job and would recommend it to anyone in search of work, but again, be warned...if you live in a remote/rural area have realistic expectations! If you don't need a telephone call to wake you every day and get your butt out there and get it, it's awesome!
Pros
No one looking over your shoulder
Cons
High milage will be put on your vehicle.
Lot of inaccurate things in other reviews
Field Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  SouthApril 15, 2013
I left a comfortable job of 7 years for Reliable a little over a year ago. I'm very happy with the decision. Had I read these reviews I may have skipped the opportunity. I felt compelled to write a review due to some of the unfair things written in other reviews here.

One of the reviewers stated he worked an 80 hour week and earned $400 dollars. That's bogus. First, they would never approve that much overtime. Second, if production does not equal minimum wage, they will compensate you the difference to at least minimum wage.

One of the reviews mentioned something about his supervisor making his routes for him. My understanding is that if a rep is struggling with efficiency upper management will require your supervisor to route your day for you. Read between the lines – they think you are failing at your job and have assigned your supervisor to do some of it for you as a last resort.

There was some mention of the compensation being complicated. Yeah, a little. But it's not that complicated. Basically, reports that take a lot of time pay more, reports that are quick and easy don't pay as much. You will know how much you are paid before doing the job.

A couple of the reviews mentioned issues regarding location. They are largely correct, your location and local work load determines whether or not you will be happy. If you have a lot of work available in your home county and nearby, you can make fair money. If you live in a rural area and have to drive a lot, it may not be worth it. I average between $15 and $19 per hour when close to home. If I drive a county or two away, it
  more... is somewhere between $12 and $15.

It's not a bad job, but sure, somethings could be better. It will all come down to where you live and whether you can convince your supervisor you are competent. This job pays you based on how hard you work. If you drag around, you won't make much. If you bust your butt, you can make fair money. I find it so much better than sitting at a desk watching a clock.
Pros
open scheduling
Cons
little money to be made during poor weather
Your Expenses Will Exceed Compensation
Field Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northern MichiganFebruary 12, 2013
Be cautious of their recruiting pitch. I was told that I could expect to earn up to $60 per inspection. Multiple inspections can be done in an hour. You must also drive your personal vehicle and they pay mileage at the IRS approved rate or a maximum 30% of your production, I was told "don't worry, you will make a very generous mileage reimbursement".

I worked for them for 4 weeks. The first week was training which was actually pretty good and I felt I was ready to go into the field. Your first 16 weeks you receive a "training wage" mine was $13.32 an hour and I was hired as a part time employee at 30 hours per week. The hourly rate is a minimum you will make, you make whichever is greater, hourly rate or per inspection. After a 16 week probationary period, your hourly rate drops to the then current minimum wage.

Inspection payments. They promise you can earn up to $60.00 per inspection. ALL but one of the inspections I conducted paid $8.50. The system allows customer's to request various levels of inspection, each level an additional cost, I only had one additional level inspection and it totaled $31.50. While earning $60 for an inspection is possible, it is a very rare exception. I believe I was mislead regarding this during my recruitment. Unfortunately this only gets worse because your mileage is based off of your production.

I did inspections for three weeks. I was assigned a 12 county rural area to cover. Due to the distances involved getting to the first inspection, and the distances between sites, I was only able to average 2 inspections per hour. Each days route typically
  more... exceeded 400 miles, they don't pay mileage from home to the first inspection or from the last inspection to home. That is considered your commute to and from work. My commute over 3 weeks averaged more than 150 miles per day and was not reimbursed. One route was 283 miles non reimbursable, 314 reimbursable. When I was paid, I averaged 2 inspections per hour or $17.00 an hour which sounds good. But here's the catch, my daily production was $17 x 8hrs. = $136.00 x mileage cap of 30% = $40.80 per day. Total days wages and expenses = $176.80, (before taxes) miles driven averaged more than 400. The IRS mileage rate is 400 x $.55 = $220.00. A net loss of $43.00. Additional miles just mean a greater loss for you. You will wear out your vehicle working for Reliable Reports at your expense.  less
Pros
none.
Cons
poor pay, exceptionally bad mileage reimbursement.
Would be a good job if.....
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  USJanuary 30, 2013
I am a part-time field inspector and I have been with Reliable for little less than a year . A typical week will have me in the field 2 full days a week and at my computer for a few hours on one or two mornings.

Reliable has a very complicated wage system. The field inspectors are paid a flat rate per inspection and then a mileage reimbursement is added to that. My mileage pay is just enough to cover fuel costs. It's nowhere near the federal rate.

Even though I live in a high population area of my state I am sent to an area 4 counties away and I often report 200 miles or more per day, which does not include the 60-90 miles required to get to and from the work area.

Inspections are often spaced out far enough that it would only be possible to do one per hour. Since most inspections pay 7 to 9 dollars apiece I am making a little more than minimum wage and not getting any compensation for wear and tear to my vehicle.

Most inspections consist of a walk around the outside of a home to check and photograph construction details and any negative conditions. It normally takes about 5-10 minutes unless the home has many problems or is a farm. Inspections are unscheduled which sometimes causes problems with the homeowner. Dogs, locked gates and cautious homeowners can cause another visit or at least a delay.

Some home inspections require a walk on the roof. Some inspections are commercial in nature and require an in-person interview with the business owner. These are not normal inspections and they do pay more.

At first, this job was pretty good. I was able to schedule the inspection
  more... days around my other work. I am self-employed and must be able to schedule my own time, which drew me to this position at Reliable in the first place.

Recently, however, the manager has been nit-picking my routes and has even tried to map my routes and tell me which days I am supposed to do them. The comment posted above about being treated "like a child" is spot-on but, in my case, this treatment didn't start until about 6 months into the job. I have a hunch that the management is also being paid for the inspections that I complete.

I also lost an area that I was working that is much closer to home. This move made no sense to me since my manager is always stressing "efficiency".

_________

The pay for the last two months has been approx. $9.50/hr average.
But keep in mind that this did not include the ridiculously long drive times to get to and from my assigned areas. The mileage reimbursement paid just enough to cover fuel (Fuel has been costing around .$3.20 to $3.50 a gallon).

This job requires proficiency in computer use. Inspectors are required to download and install some of Reliable's proprietary programs and learning to use them quickly is required.
Inspectors are also required to have an adequate vehicle w/insurance, a printer, paper and ink to print maps and work assignments, DSL or better internet access, a good digital camera and a cell phone. Inspectors are also required to access roofs and interact professionally with homeowners and business owners.

This is much to ask from someone that is getting less than $10 per hour.

This job seems to be exploitative in nature. I get the feeling that Reliable would rather replace inspectors instead of listening to and working with the inspectors they already have.
Pros
would be a good job if you can get an area near you
Cons
too much driving, low pay and mileage reimbursement.
Not the greatest.
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  USOctober 5, 2012
Worked for them for 5 years went from an ok inspection service to treating the inspector like a child. Part of the great thing about being a field inspector is the autonomy and they have moved away from it, you end absolutely wasting your time doing menial data entry when more time could be spent writing up work or in the field.
Pros
not much at the end.
Cons
management, and menial data entry that is useless.
Good compnay to work for, great pay
Home inspector (Current Employee) –  Southwest TexasAugust 11, 2012
I started working at Reliable back in June. They paid me for my online training up to 2 weeks at $13.25 an hr. I did not feel pressured, and was able to study and take the online training at the comfort of my home. The manager for Southwest Texas was very informative and I had no problems communicating with him as far as any questions I had . I was trained with another gentlenman and I was very pleased with the overall training provided. They pay for your mileage and the time it takes you to do your reports. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to good steady job. I have been working with them and hope to stay for as long as possible especially with the job market the way it is .I am very pleased with my manager, he is has gave me the training I needed and has been very supportive. I give this comnay 5 stars especially the way the job market is nowadays $13.25 to start here in El Paso, TX is great!
I dont' know about he other people in other areas of US but I speak for myself.
Myrna
Pros
the company pays well, manager very helpful and supportive. training provided
Cons
you work in the elements
Terrible place to work
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  SouthJuly 18, 2012
They are mean to their employees. You have no idea what you are being paid because there is no way to calculate how much you are owed. They start you out at a certain amount then the pay keeps shrinking. They expect you to complete unbelievable amounts of work in under 40 hours. They belittle their employees and everyone in the corporate office is allowed to make demands of the field representatives and treat them like they are worthless. The only time I enjoyed working there was the day I quit.
Pros
nothing
Cons
every aspect of the company and how they conduct business.
Terrible place to work!
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 5, 2011
I agree with everything the other reviewer said 100%. The more you worked the less you got paid. And the pay kept getting less and less. By the time I left I was working about 80 hours a week and not even making $400. There was no way you could verify the pay because their system was so confusing. They are not very nice to their employees and nothing is ever good enough for them. I actually lost money working for them not to mention the astronomical number of miles I put on my truck. This is the worst company I have ever been associated with.
Cons
everything about them