Reliable Reports

Reliable Reports Employer Reviews

Not a bad place to work, if you like to drive
Field Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), MidwestMarch 6, 2015
Pros: freedom to set your schedule
Cons: tons of miles, repetitive work, low pay
All and all, this is not a bad company to work for, as long as you get your inspections done and submitted in a timely fashion. Pay is so so. Management pretty much lets you set your own schedule. They will help you get more work if your area is low on inspection requests. You will put a LOT of miles on your car. In about 4 months, I put about 18,000 miles on my car, so just be ready for that. You get some reimbursement for mileage, but it's not much. I had a good experience.
Reliable reports is a great company to work for .
Field Inspector (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: can't work in bad weather
This company is a great company to work for if you can work on your own in a self directed environment. The people that fail are the ones that have to be told what to do every ,moment . This job is not for someone that wants to visit with coworkers and you do not see your co workers.
boring, repetitive
Report Reviewer (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: low pay, cubicles, no room for advancement.
A typical day at work involved getting to work and sitting in your desk all day reviewing reports. The reports could range from the advanced ones to the beginner ones. There wasn't really anything too difficult with the job, but it was very flexible with school schedules or other scheduling conflicts.
Poor excuse for a company
Field inspector (Current Employee), MarylandFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: meet wonderful customers
Cons: management
They tell you to pick your days. Since I started I have worked 7 days a week. Management will not yell but they will force you to do areas that are out of your original agreement. Management is one of the biggest problems they treat you like a child. They want you to fabricate on your hours. One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Work 60 hours and make $300.
Your Expenses Will Exceed Compensation
Field Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Northern MichiganFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: none.
Cons: poor pay, exceptionally bad mileage reimbursement.
Be cautious of their recruiting pitch. I was told that I could expect to earn up to $60 per inspection. Multiple inspections can be done in an hour. You must also drive your personal vehicle and they pay mileage at the IRS approved rate or a maximum 30% of your production, I was told "don't worry, you will make a very generous mileage reimbursement".

I worked for them for 4 weeks. The first week was training which was actually pretty good and I felt I was ready to go into the field. Your first 16 weeks you receive a "training wage" mine was $13.32 an hour and I was hired as a part time employee at 30 hours per week. The hourly rate is a minimum you will make, you make whichever is greater, hourly rate or per inspection. After a 16 week probationary period, your hourly rate drops to the then current minimum wage.

Inspection payments. They promise you can earn up to $60.00 per inspection. ALL but one of the inspections I conducted paid $8.50. The system allows customer's to request various levels of inspection, each level an additional cost, I only had one additional level inspection and it totaled $31.50. While earning $60 for an inspection is possible, it is a very rare exception. I believe I was mislead regarding this during my recruitment. Unfortunately this only gets worse because your mileage is based off of your production.

I did inspections for three weeks. I was assigned a 12 county rural area to cover. Due to the distances involved getting to the first inspection, and the distances between sites, I was only able to average 2 inspections per hour. Each days route typically – more... exceeded 400 miles, they don't pay mileage from home to the first inspection or from the last inspection to home. That is considered your commute to and from work. My commute over 3 weeks averaged more than 150 miles per day and was not reimbursed. One route was 283 miles non reimbursable, 314 reimbursable. When I was paid, I averaged 2 inspections per hour or $17.00 an hour which sounds good. But here's the catch, my daily production was $17 x 8hrs. = $136.00 x mileage cap of 30% = $40.80 per day. Total days wages and expenses = $176.80, (before taxes) miles driven averaged more than 400. The IRS mileage rate is 400 x $.55 = $220.00. A net loss of $43.00. Additional miles just mean a greater loss for you. You will wear out your vehicle working for Reliable Reports at your expense. – less
Would be a good job if.....
Field Inspector (Current Employee), USJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: would be a good job if you can get an area near you
Cons: too much driving, low pay and mileage reimbursement.
I am a part-time field inspector and I have been with Reliable for little less than a year . A typical week will have me in the field 2 full days a week and at my computer for a few hours on one or two mornings.

Reliable has a very complicated wage system. The field inspectors are paid a flat rate per inspection and then a mileage reimbursement is added to that. My mileage pay is just enough to cover fuel costs. It's nowhere near the federal rate.

Even though I live in a high population area of my state I am sent to an area 4 counties away and I often report 200 miles or more per day, which does not include the 60-90 miles required to get to and from the work area.

Inspections are often spaced out far enough that it would only be possible to do one per hour. Since most inspections pay 7 to 9 dollars apiece I am making a little more than minimum wage and not getting any compensation for wear and tear to my vehicle.

Most inspections consist of a walk around the outside of a home to check and photograph construction details and any negative conditions. It normally takes about 5-10 minutes unless the home has many problems or is a farm. Inspections are unscheduled which sometimes causes problems with the homeowner. Dogs, locked gates and cautious homeowners can cause another visit or at least a delay.

Some home inspections require a walk on the roof. Some inspections are commercial in nature and require an in-person interview with the business owner. These are not normal inspections and they do pay more.

At first, this job was pretty good. I was able to schedule the inspection – more... days around my other work. I am self-employed and must be able to schedule my own time, which drew me to this position at Reliable in the first place.

Recently, however, the manager has been nit-picking my routes and has even tried to map my routes and tell me which days I am supposed to do them. The comment posted above about being treated "like a child" is spot-on but, in my case, this treatment didn't start until about 6 months into the job. I have a hunch that the management is also being paid for the inspections that I complete.

I also lost an area that I was working that is much closer to home. This move made no sense to me since my manager is always stressing "efficiency".

_________

The pay for the last two months has been approx. $9.50/hr average.
But keep in mind that this did not include the ridiculously long drive times to get to and from my assigned areas. The mileage reimbursement paid just enough to cover fuel (Fuel has been costing around .$3.20 to $3.50 a gallon).

This job requires proficiency in computer use. Inspectors are required to download and install some of Reliable's proprietary programs and learning to use them quickly is required.
Inspectors are also required to have an adequate vehicle w/insurance, a printer, paper and ink to print maps and work assignments, DSL or better internet access, a good digital camera and a cell phone. Inspectors are also required to access roofs and interact professionally with homeowners and business owners.

This is much to ask from someone that is getting less than $10 per hour.

This job seems to be exploitative in nature. I get the feeling that Reliable would rather replace inspectors instead of listening to and working with the inspectors they already have. – less
Not the greatest.
Field Inspector (Former Employee), USOctober 5, 2012
Pros: not much at the end.
Cons: management, and menial data entry that is useless.
Worked for them for 5 years went from an ok inspection service to treating the inspector like a child. Part of the great thing about being a field inspector is the autonomy and they have moved away from it, you end absolutely wasting your time doing menial data entry when more time could be spent writing up work or in the field.
Good compnay to work for, great pay
Home inspector (Current Employee), Southwest TexasAugust 11, 2012
Pros: the company pays well, manager very helpful and supportive. training provided
Cons: you work in the elements
I started working at Reliable back in June. They paid me for my online training up to 2 weeks at $13.25 an hr. I did not feel pressured, and was able to study and take the online training at the comfort of my home. The manager for Southwest Texas was very informative and I had no problems communicating with him as far as any questions I had . I was trained with another gentlenman and I was very pleased with the overall training provided. They pay for your mileage and the time it takes you to do your reports. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to good steady job. I have been working with them and hope to stay for as long as possible especially with the job market the way it is .I am very pleased with my manager, he is has gave me the training I needed and has been very supportive. I give this comnay 5 stars especially the way the job market is nowadays $13.25 to start here in El Paso, TX is great!
I dont' know about he other people in other areas of US but I speak for myself.
Myrna

September 19, 2012

I have an interview with them in a few days. Just wondering what questions were asked during interview and was it very formal. Should I dress casual, business casual or in a suit dress? Also, do you still like your job? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks

Not a good company to work for.
Field Representative (Former Employee), Southern StateFebruary 3, 2012
After you are hired they keep adding more and more to your duties and expect unrealistic goals to be met in 40 hours.They also expect the Field Reps to conduct inspections in manners that could put them at high risk of dangerous situations.

June 9, 2012

I read your comments and unfortunately for me I have just gotten hired to work for them. I am now worried that I am gonna get screwed. What do you mane by high risk and dangerous situations? I was told I would have to get on top of roofs but I didnt' bother asking more qurestions. I guess I was just thrilled ot have the job. They did mention going out of town. I live in El Paso, and would have to drive to Marfa and Pecos. Can you tell me about how much you would get paid per inspection? and when you went out of town did you get paid to make the trip worthwhile? I hope to hear from you I am thinking of turning down this job before its too late for me. Thanks

September 15, 2012

RRI does not notify the insured that you are coming to perform the inspection. The underwriter is suppose to do that, but 90% of the time the home owners have no idea you're coming out. If you're working in a rural area where people are not used to getting visitors don't be shocked if a upset home owner comes out with a weapon. You will be required to perform inspections in the drug and gang infested areas. Yes, you will be putting yourself in some situations that could be dangerous.

February 3, 2013

Watch you pay cause starting out when you are in training they pay decent than after that it tanks fast. I ended up finding out in the end I was losing money in a sense I was paying to do the work for them. At that moment I decided to leave. I contacted their corporate owner which at the time was called the Adams corporation I believe. I guess they thought I was going to sue them so they sent me like a 6K check. They do not pay mileage correctly and the territories are no where close to where you live as they promise from the start. Also if you travel for them to like other states expect to pay for it first or like my manager did once he put me up in a very bad part of town in a very bad hotel, like one you pay for by the hour. All cons for this company.

Terrible place to work!
Field Representative (Former Employee), VariousMay 5, 2011
Cons: everything about them
I agree with everything the other reviewer said 100%. The more you worked the less you got paid. And the pay kept getting less and less. By the time I left I was working about 80 hours a week and not even making $400. There was no way you could verify the pay because their system was so confusing. They are not very nice to their employees and nothing is ever good enough for them. I actually lost money working for them not to mention the astronomical number of miles I put on my truck. This is the worst company I have ever been associated with.