Reliance First Capital Employee Reviews

Fun and challenging Place to work
Licensed Mortgage Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 27, 2017
I have worked for the company for about 6 months. Great work life balance. Other employers and management are helpful and want you to succeed. Pretty laid back atmosphere as long you do the work you are getting paid to do. Could be overwhelming to some with everything that goes on. Requires a detail oriented person and someone that can meet deadlines on time.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
On the phone for hours per day
Great Company,
Licensed Mortgage Analyst, NMLS (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2017
RFC is a great opportunity to earn top $$$. Leads are provided everyday and you have the support of a top management team. Everything that you need to be successful is at your fingertips.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Culture is not for everyone
Good for people who only want to work 4 hr shifts
Telesales Agent/ Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 25, 2017
Telemarketing office with unrealistic goals. Management is very unprofessional and they do not report harassment issues or other inappropriate working conditions. There are no raises.
Pros
4 hour shifts
Cons
no raises, no growth, horrible management
Great Company
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2017
Reliance First Capital is a great place to work! The management was very helpful and informative. The pay is better than most other locations. Work life balance is better than other places I have worked. I would recommend this place to work for anyone looking for employment. They were a little over micro managed at times but if you work hard and are motivated you will thrive and be well rewarded with this company.
Great company to work for!
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 21, 2017
They teach you how to sale benefits. They also teach you how to build relationships with customers which I believe are key componets to any sales job.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Being micro managed
A typical day in the office
Licensed Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2017
The hardest part of the job was reaching people by phone; meeting your 3 hour minimum. First it was 2 hours, then 3 hours then it was 4 hours. Never enough!
Pros
Very good training to prepare you for your test
Cons
Having your phone calls listened to and given constant negative feedback.
Great
Licensed Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 28, 2016
Great place to begin a mortgage lending career in residential mortgages. Very good training and managerial support with hands-on experience. Very friendly
Great Ceo and VP
Senior Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 28, 2016
Very family oriented company.Ceo has the greatest interest for his employess and customers, unfortunately this doesnt trinkle all the way down. Lack of sufficient training and inadequate prequalification methods.
Pros
2 Great processors in the whole company
Cons
Lack of in house processing
sucky company
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 28, 2016
terrible people to work for

treat employees very unfair

good work go unrecognized

harassed while pregnant and replace while out on maternity leave.
Crazy place
Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2016
This is a crazy place to work. there is a lot of opportunity to make money if you are liked by management and underwriting
Good productive place to work
Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell. PaJune 11, 2016
Had great management in the beginning. then the industry changed and I think we were behind by 6 months. That was fixed and it was a good place to work.
great
mlo (Former Employee) –  new yorkMay 24, 2016
great company with sales and a lot of leads with great management and great team atmosphere with a lot of incentives and ability to make a lot of money
Productive and fun workplace which allowed me to showcase my true professional skills, but not a very fun or exciting work environment or company.
Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of making outbound phone calls to both fresh and recycled leads who either inquired online regarding refinancing their mortgages or spoke to one of our telemarketing representatives. When I was not focused on front-end business, I was focused on back-end which involved compiling and analyzing client's financial documentation. I learned how to be a true business professional and realized that I can be very successful in the sales or marketing field, but I just have to be passionate about what I am selling. The management was fair, but they were also focused on building their own pipelines so I did not get 100% focus on my own personal business, which was not necessarily a problem. The hardest part of the job was going through days and only speaking to one or two borrowers. The most enjoyable part of my job was changing families lives by putting them into a much better spot financially for the future.
Very unprofessional atmosphere, bad management, slowest funding in the loan business that I have ever seen.
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 25, 2016
The new branch manager became manager by default, and she is not qualified or equipped for the position. This branch is in jeopardy of extreme hardships, The branch manager is very unprofessional, as well as condescending, she is under the impression that she is a coach, but needs coaching herself. She processes her favorite's loans, and if you are not a favorite, she will let your loan sit, and it will not get processed. She demands respect, but gives none.

The assistant manager does nothing to help, he is too involved in working his own loans, and is certainly under qualified to be in any type of management position, and surely was place out of a desperate situation.

It's like a club type of atmosphere on most days with pop music playing louder than it needs to be, and the manager is very loud, and rude and my clients have asked me, what the loud noise in the background is, and do we always sound like we are having a party or at a club. There is no cultural diversity, and most of all of the employees all left around the same time, when the new manager came on board.

The CEO should be aware that he has made a very bad decision, as this manager and her assistant manager will be the fall of this branch.

They also have employees clock out at 40 hours, and have them stay at work to keep working, but do not pay them for the overtime. There are so many things that could be said about this branch of the company, but I will not go on. Thank you
Pros
They pay 1% if your loans ever fund
Cons
Most loans take 4-6 months to fund, if they fund.
good place to develop mortgage sales cold calling skills
Licensed Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2015
Good place to obtain mortgage licensing and cold call phone skills, however team managers were not interested and lacked training and mentoring skills so you could not depend on them to support you.
Pros
Good place to develop cold calling skills
Cons
inexperienced and unskilled team managers
Good Place to Work
Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 4, 2015
The Provide Adequate conditions and a somewhat stable enviorment to work. I worked as a Mortgage Loan Officer and it was ok, sometime long hours but they provide enough leads for you to grow and make money.

The secret is to become aggressive when you first start so that way you can close a loan before the Pay Loan kicks in. The key is stay out of Debt.
Pros
Good benefits, incoming leads and an ok compensation plan
Cons
You have to close a Loan fast when you start, and don't get in debt, overAll Good place to work as a Mortgage Agent
friendly
Closing/Shipping Dept (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 30, 2015
This is a nice working environment. Friendly co workers and made many friends..I have learned alot about the mortgage industry.
Worked for a great friend and mentor at the Nashville office
Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 26, 2015
Great job for those who seek the rewards of there labor

great group of people

if you're doing your job to the most 110% you will make good money and have a life, family and fun while doing it

T.Y.
loan officer
Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 19, 2015
Calling customers from a poor lead source to refinance mortgage. This was difficult to get customers to refinance as many customers had already refinanced there home.
I enjoyed helping customers.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 3, 2014
I would help customers buy lottery tickets, bus tickets, and introduce them to the sales we are currently having.