Reliance Industries Ltd Employee Reviews

Great company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Presidents office in New York for a Multinational petrochemicals company based in India. Very demanding job, on salary so many long hours and travelling was required. Corporate structure and professionalism mandatory at all times
Pros
Working in NYC
Cons
Mentally demanding
Not managed properly
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2016
Everyone who has worked with this company knows its a rough work environment. I'd say the hardest part of the job was staying as long as I did.The turnover rate is the highest I've ever experienced and overall it's a pretty horrible day to day existence.
Strong safety culture with top management support.
Head - HSE Department (Current Employee) –  Dahej, Gujarat.January 5, 2013
* Meeting with Sr. Construction Managers, Meeting with subordinates and previous days work review, to-days work plan, Review Roles and Responsibility Matrix, Site Safety Surveillance. Weekly Report preparation, Accident Investigation (If any), Conduct Safety Training Program.
* Safety Accountability, Behavior Based Safety.
* Top Management Concept and support.
* Cooperative and dedicated co-workers.
* Enhance positive Safety Culture in the field of Construction Industry.
* Free hand to work and top management support and commitment for safety.
Pros
free conveyance, decent office environment, free medical insurance.
Cons
salary as per bargaining power and not as per the qualification and experience.
Energetic & motivative work environment..
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  KolktaNovember 11, 2013
Reliance Industries Limited is a giant company at retail sector..i have learned so many things from this company like how to work together like a team, work culture, corporate behave, to give best customer service etc..Management of Reliance is very much active & helpful and its motivate myself to achieve my target and the co-workers work as a team and always stretch their helping hands.The hardest part of the job is to continue smooth operation at the time of any strike, any political meeting, because at that time road become congested by traffic jam and its create problem for parking.Most enjoyable part to give best customer service, by which our store target has achieved..
Pros
best management
Cons
short launch breake..
Daily Learning Process
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dahej,Gujarat,IndiaAugust 2, 2015
Reliance Industries limited is one of the biggest contenders in polymer business and has a Chlor Alkali plant, VCM plant, MEG plant and Gas Cracker Unit; ISO 9001, ISO 14001 company following OSHAS and BSC health and safety. . Its products are High Density Polyethylene, Poly Vinyl Chloride, Vinyl chloride Monomer (VCM), Methyl Ethyl Glycol (MEG), and Chlor Alkali
* Daily Learning
* Learned how to handle critical situation
* Take crae of your sub-ordinate and contractor
* Handled multile activity at a time
* Good co-ordination within inter department
* Learned interpersonal Skill
* Relationship manager
* Technical discussion and made critical decision
Good work culture and growth opportunity
Chemical Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dahej, GJAugust 21, 2013
-I worked as a Process Engineer at Reliance.
-My work experience helped me in successfully projecting excellent leadership qualities and communication skills in accomplishing inter-disciplinary project goals within time and budget constraints.
-I had a great opportunity to manage 25 field technicians who worked in shifts, who were part of my on-site projects.
-I also had a great set of senior process engineers who were extremely knowledgable and shared their experience in handling numerous on-site projects.
-My co-workers were very nice and friendly. My team mates were highly efficient in achieving timely goals.
-Most enjoyable part of this job was applying classroom knowledge to on-site Chemical Engineering projects.
Pros
Fast growth Recognition of work, no politics
fullfill your core responsibility and expand your horizon if you want
General Manager ( Engineering) (Former Employee) –  silvassa ut of INDIAJune 10, 2014
each manager had core responsibility duly listed in detail with target.
say ,as maintenance manager, i was responsible for 98%m/c available/1% maintenance cost against capital installation/zero accident/zero fire/2%maximum over time and more...

*Typical day-review last 24 hr break down as it was 24x7 hr working
-analyse b/d on gravity as time loss/spare loss-action to prevent repeatation--distribution of work--preventive planning--check m/c health check report--plan predictive maintenance--spare-part stock--procurement,,,,meeting with operation and other dept

* Learned: to work as entrepreneur not as employee
*Management: top management was concern to end result giving free hand to manager and in turn mutual faith.
*Co workers: were more competitive and encourage working.
* Hardest part: to maintain up-keeping of machine at 98% and maintenance cost 1% with aging of machine and price escalation.
* Enjoyable part: Each day brings new challenges and it is always exciting to find solutions to those and learn something new everyday. Enjoyed the nature of non- monotonous job.
Pros
company leased car-rasidence
Cons
family health insurance
Good working condition,
field executive in Vinyl Chloride Monomer Plant (Current Employee) –  Dahej, gujaratSeptember 16, 2015
Always work with safety, learn about work,I learn lot from Management to work,I Always with my co worker to help, I Always ready to work the hardest part of the job, I always enjoy my job.
excellent
SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ruby, VAAugust 14, 2015
.for working people excellent
working atmosphere
management support
for target achievement free to take decision
moral support from contractor & consultant
every moment safety accept
training for new technology
Pros
free lunch
Cons
ot
productive workspace and an excellent team to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  INJuly 5, 2015
With the best brains from the country in different fields of engineering this company provides a person with a balanced team to work , though competition is intense
Pros
good work environment
Cons
strict management
Learnt the real Management with strong follow up.
Superintendent - Utility Production (Former Employee) –  PatalganagaJanuary 23, 2012
Really strong mamagement to complete projects in scheduled time frame keeping executives on right direstion with motivation.
Pros
strong in logistic management
Cons
creating good team.
Review
Engineer in-Charge at CC Cogeneration Power Plant (Former Employee) –  Vadadla, Vagra, Dahej, Bharuch, Gujarat,IndiaAugust 9, 2012
Tough workplace. Petro-Chemical Complex provides opportunity to grow in areas of Electrical, Mechnical and instrumentation and control engineering.
Pros
great pay, and wide scope of learning new stuff
Cons
physically exhausting
Productive and fun workplace
Hardware Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 15, 2015
Gained brief- knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems interfacing with real time devices, Learned about the calibration of digital instruments in order to take precise measurements.
it's good not bad
PROJECT AND MATERIAL CONTROL DEPARTMENT (Current Employee) –  JAMNAGR,NAGOTHANE,PATALGANGA,BHARUCHMarch 16, 2012
RIL is a very big company. as far as my view you can not do better what every you exactly want.

You must have act like nut and cell.
Pros
nothing
Cons
continue work, everything immediate
Nagothane,MS
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nagothane,MSOctober 12, 2014
Leak on the radiant tube & hence fire in the radiant section.
Always vigilant in t he plant
Good
Good.
Fire in the plant.
Successfully handled the above situation
ok !
fine ... (Current Employee) –  it's ok !August 25, 2012
reliance is a world largest grassroute petrolium refinery!
Pros
ok !...
Cons
ok !