Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company

Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Place was amazing until management changed, got to big to fast and turning into typical Corporate America.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Portland, MaineDecember 23, 2013
Pros: help in the community, pay, benefits and a few employees
Cons: management not consistent, smokers get more rights, claims systems are behind times, no bonuses, human resources is vulnerable to manipulation
The atmosphere is quiet, clean and overall friendly. Case loads are out of control, workflow needs to be streamlined, overall management is good with the exception of a few who make it HELL and they are not consistent with company guidelines or workflow. They are still in the paper world and sometimes duplicating or triple the steps happens. How about – more... an image world? They make up their own rules, manipulate directors into hearing what they want to hear. Again, this is a few that are this way which ruin it for the really good managers.
Be prepared to handle every aspect of claims handling, work more hours than you are required to and if you should, heaven for bid if you leave a little early one day, but it's okay for those who have been there since the stone ages. There are some really great people there which should not be taken away from them. It's the ones who let the title of ''MANAGEMENT" go to their head. – less
Productive workplace with fair-minded and flexible management
Medical Underwriter (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 13, 2013
Underwrite individual applications for Life and Disability products and independently make calculated risk decisions on whether applicants are approved, declined or we need additional information before we make a decision.
Good Place to Start
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2012
Pros: great location, good pay
Cons: healthcare premiums rise each year, incompetent supervisors
I was hired full time after being a temp worker for a period of time. The employees here are top notch and I learned so much from them. My boss is very smart but makes weird decisons sometimes...IE how can my supervisor be someone who doesn't even know how to process claims?? This was a great place to start my career and I'm glad to have had the opportunity.
Top US Company specializing in employee insurance benefits
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYSIS (Former Employee), Philadelphia, Pa.March 28, 2012
While employed, I managed different functions for the company, including; operations, premium collections, audit, finance, payroll and information technology staff. Always strived to improve each department that I was assigned to managed.

About Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company

Employers of all sizes can rely on Reliance Standard for insurance and other benefits products. Reliance Standard Life Insurance, – Read more