Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Reliance Standard is a Wonderful Place to Work
Long Term DisabilityClaims Examiner I (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2014
Reliance Standard Life Insurance is an excellent Insurance Company offering a number of very competitive and highly valued products. The management team is an amazing group of exceptionally hard working individuals and all of the employees, particularly, examiners, are educated, experienced, well-trained adjudicators who are fair and critically minded people and a great resource to learn from and enjoyable to work with day in and day out. If you have the change, work for this company.
Co workers help you deal with job!
Admin. (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaOctober 3, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: managent, compensation, benefits, workload
Worst place I ever worked, Director didn't have a personal life and hated anyone who did. You can't move up if your not part of the in-crowd. Compensation is below industry standard. If you can make it here you can make it anywhere. Ok start for college grads anyone else stay away especially claims!
Worst company I have ever worked for
LTD Claims Examiner (Former Employee), South Portland, MEApril 16, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: everything i have listed
It started with the training. 4 days of training. As someone who virtually had no experience in my position I was basically destined to fail from the beginning. Benefits were ok but vacation time was laughable. Management was a joke. You would be ok as long as you are buddies with your supervisor. Overall this is the worst company I have ever worked for (I am grouping in Custom Disability Solutions with this as well). I would not recommend this company to anyone. I used to work for another insurance company before RSL and they are head and shoulders above this poor excuse of a company. I left that company for more money and I have regretted it ever since.
Place was amazing until management changed, got to big to fast and turning into typical Corporate America.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Portland, MaineDecember 23, 2013
Pros: help in the community, pay, benefits and a few employees
Cons: management not consistent, smokers get more rights, claims systems are behind times, no bonuses, human resources is vulnerable to manipulation
The atmosphere is quiet, clean and overall friendly. Case loads are out of control, workflow needs to be streamlined, overall management is good with the exception of a few who make it HELL and they are not consistent with company guidelines or workflow. They are still in the paper world and sometimes duplicating or triple the steps happens. How about an image world? They make up their own rules, manipulate directors into hearing what they want to hear. Again, this is a few that are this way which ruin it for the really good managers.
Be prepared to handle every aspect of claims handling, work more hours than you are required to and if you should, heaven for bid if you leave a little early one day, but it's okay for those who have been there since the stone ages. There are some really great people there which should not be taken away from them. It's the ones who let the title of ''MANAGEMENT" go to their head.
Productive workplace with fair-minded and flexible management
Medical Underwriter (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 13, 2013
Underwrite individual applications for Life and Disability products and independently make calculated risk decisions on whether applicants are approved, declined or we need additional information before we make a decision.
Good Place to Start
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2012
Pros: great location, good pay
Cons: healthcare premiums rise each year, incompetent supervisors
I was hired full time after being a temp worker for a period of time. The employees here are top notch and I learned so much from them. My boss is very smart but makes weird decisons sometimes...IE how can my supervisor be someone who doesn't even know how to process claims?? This was a great place to start my career and I'm glad to have had the opportunity.
Top US Company specializing in employee insurance benefits
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYSIS (Former Employee), Philadelphia, Pa.March 28, 2012
While employed, I managed different functions for the company, including; operations, premium collections, audit, finance, payroll and information technology staff. Always strived to improve each department that I was assigned to managed.