Reliance Trust Company Employee Reviews

Job was great
Trade Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2017
Working at Reliance Trust Company was a great work place. The culture was balanced and the work was easy but challenging at times. Management was great ad I learned a lot.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Traffic
Task Master Factory fueled by Micro Management
Securities Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2017
There is nothing good to say, this is not a work place that fosters growth nor nurtures learning. I received very poor training because my manager did not know what she was doing. On top of that I was micro managed at an unheard level, I was BANNED from learning new skills while working.
benefits
Cons
horrible management
Good, Fast Paced Company
Reliance Integrated Solutions Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2017
I started working here in 2011 and with hard work, moved up two times within two years. You truly have to work hard, but its not out of reach to move up in this company. This company is also good for those who are very 'teachable'. Willing to learn and adjust to what the job needs.
Pros
Great location
Cons
sometimes have to work more than 40 hours
Company void of culture, personal regard for their employees
Mutual Funds Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2015
The environment was quite drab and depressing. The deserving knowledgeable people do not get promoted or at least a decent cost of living raises. The management lacked leadership or knowledge of their own team's duties.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
See review
Company's Loyalty to thier employees
Operations Manager, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 14, 2015
After15 years of service and 60 to 70 hours work weeks as Operation's Manager the EVP, Chief Administrative Officer eliminated the Operation's Manager position in order to create a position for a friend of theirs.
Good Company
IT Operations Manager/Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2014
Reliance is a fantastic company. The work is challenging, analytical, and thought provoking. There is room for growth within the company, and the benefits are excellent.
Interesting job and good people to work with
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2014
I enjoy working in the reconcilement department, balancing large accounts. This job dealt with accrued dividends, fractional shares.
I also worked on special projects which involved calling brokerage companies and collecting information for record date dividend payments.
Pros
would have been a great carreer job
Cons
Was only contracted
Income Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2013
This is a great company with great potential for future growth.
Great People
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJune 3, 2013
I've worked for this company more than 6 years. The most positive thing I can say about this company is that I work around/with a group of great people. The compensation/pay is horrible (healthcare included). I've received 2 meager raises since I've been here. I've worked for both great and horrible managers. Training is improving, but still has a ways to go.
Pros
Great staff, not micro-managed
Cons
The healthcare is HORRIBLE! Little room for advancement.
Productive place to work
Corporate Actions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2013
Manual processing while paying attention to detailed.
Status clients accounts to insure all deadlines are met.
Fast paced and timeliness.
Professional attire.
Pros
free parking and fitness center
Cons
nice benefits
Stable Company
Accounting and Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2013
Stable company to work for with industry standard benefits and compensation.
High paced environment
Trading HD Analyst/Recon Specialist/M Funds (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 23, 2012
Evaluate what is needed
Learned more about finance, mutual funds, etc.
Management were great, however they were under extreme pressure which ultimately affected the dynamics with employees.

Co-workers varied in personality, but personality does not prevent productivity. We were all there to work.

Unstable work environment, due to the economy the company faced many setbacks which affected employees directly. People worried about their employment heavily.

Learning new things, and the project management assignments. The deadlines were exhilerating as well.
Pros
loved the industry, finance is a great and interesting environment
Cons
extremely stressful due to the market