Reliant Energy

Reliant Energy Employer Reviews

call center
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
very fast paced environment, assisted customers with services and sales. management works with you but they are also very strict. co-workers come and go, not many people last at a call center. overall the job is fun but it can be stressful, dealing with customers is the challenging part but that is also the best part of the job.
Its A Job
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston TxNovember 3, 2014
Its sucks to start a the new group to hit the floor but over all pretty good group of people I work with
fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 18, 2014
This compnay is employee oreinted and will help with your goals
good
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2014
Make your own hours is a good perk if you can't work a typical schedule. You can go with a crew or venture out on your own. the job is fairly easy and the product sells itself.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2014
Cons: no benefits
taking calls
assisting with accounts
management very helpful
coworkers were friendly
customer service
Commercial Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
• Served as the secondary floor supervisor to a team of 10-individuals and assured accuracy with account enrollment.
• Trainer for new employees and assisted in the deployment of procedural modifications
reailnt energy
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free food on saturday
Cons: free park at the property
walk around door to door making sales and making sales and lower light bills
great management
Sales executive (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJuly 21, 2014
i had a great time working for reliant energy. the management team was very helpful in training you to succeed.
Upset with the company
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2014
Didn't like the commission only. Need a base pay to actually consider it
CONTRACT ASSIGNMENT WITH PRIMARY SERVICES
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 25, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: management
LITTLE PAY, HOWEVER WHEN I WAS EMPLOYED IN 2008,YOU HAVE A VARIETY OF SCHEDULES YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM
Great experience in a short-term project
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2014
Pros: excellent resources and tools
Cons: nothing to report
I had a very good experience and enjoyed exposure to great technologies. My project time here helped my career.
A daily job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2014
As a sales representative you are sent in to a grocery store or a cricket wireless location to make an sale. There we are to approach every customer and try to convince them to sign up to the low rates Reliant energy has to offer.
Reliant Energy
CSMR (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: lunch meetings, mimimum micro-managing
Cons: drive to work is long
There are stressful days and there are less stressful days, but all in all, it is a wonderful place work.

Co-workers are hard working and we learn something new everyday.

Time flies by.
excellent work enviroment
Tier 1 retention agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: incewntives every month, vacation time
Cons: extremely high call volume
I Loved working for Reliant Energy the best corporation you can be a part of!. Your work is always recognized whether its a good CSTAT or Your work improvement you will never be left unoticed!.
Reliant
Pricing and Contracting Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2014
Working for Reliant has been great, the only thing I don't like is that it is very robotic. I like to feel as if my team is my family.
Fun Work place I enjoyed almost 10 years
Team Mentor/Lead of Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2014
My time with the company was based on time spent with my co-workers. Being around them everyday made the day go by, we built a bond like non other. After dealing with irate customers all day, we can rely on one another to bring our spirits up. That's what I missed about my job at Reliant.
Outgoing, frequent contact with customers, success based on self sufficiency
Crew Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: at your own pace, and being paid based on the amount of effort you're willing to put forth.
Cons: contractor with no benefits
A typical day consist of meeting at the office, receiving designated sales territory, participating in daily training clinics, going door to door in the field and completing sales directly with the customers. Regional management was always busy dealing with corporate issues that they did not help sales agents with daily problems that they were having. – more... My co-workers were for the most part great and very helpful but there were some issues with the younger agents not following the rules or working like they should have been doing. The hardest part of the job was overcoming all of the customers objections and completing sales. The most enjoyable part of the job however was having the freedom to do the job at your own pace, and that you ultimately were responsible for your own success. – less
Time sensitive work
Key Segment Services Lead Data Analyst (Former Employee), Houston TexasFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime due to the workload
Cons: micro managed and made everyone uncomfortable.
Time sensitive work with daily service levels that had to be met, yet there were not enough employees to achieve this goal everyday.

Too many other projects and poor management of the team to be productive and meet customer needs.

I learned how to multitask and many other skills that I would not have learned if we had not cross trained on many different – more... levels.

There was never time to advance or train on anything outside our group because we could never complete our work due to always being shorthanded.

I enjoyed most of my co-workers and when we were allowed to have fun and work at the same time it made the day go by faster. – less
pay sucks unless you get the commision,
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2014
there are a lot of requirements: And so easy to miss one, which they will ding you gor if you miss more than two in a month and take away your commison
Awesome
Distribution Data Clean Up tech. (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: conffortable offices
Cons: no complains
Excellent
More about G.I.S
Good
Very helpful
Dead lines