Reliant Energy Employee Reviews

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2017
this company got merged with another energy provider and has resulted in staff reassignment and some job losses - I am not familiar with the business culture of the new company
Great Place To Work
Senior Programmer/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Good management staff. Great place to work at the time of Reliant transition to NRG. The IT team at the time was recovering for being offshored from India. The technology was outdated to the point that they lost their competitive advantage and NRG bought them.
learn about power and utility
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2017
First job out of college. Opportunity to learn about retail electricity market. Management slow to develop employees or not an abundance of opportunities to spread around in terms of professional development
Awesome work environment.
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Reliant is a wonderful company that treats its employees like people, its a wonderful place to work. I was laid off due to reduction in mid management.
Great commission is the biggest plus!
Store Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Good work environment, hours a little difficult, all in all a solid job! Overtime makes it even better, and the commission is pretty legit. I give it a solid 8.
Pros
1 hour long lunch, flexible schedule for the most part, conveniently located.
Cons
Health insurance company
Great pay but too much grief as a Customer Serive Rep
Reliant Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2016
The pay is great, and the company really takes care of their employees. If you can stand getting yelled at over the phone as a customer service rep I recommend them.
Reliant
Sales Representitive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2016
I worked for Reliant Energy, When i started i thought this was going to be a great and easy job. Pretty much what my job consisted of was that I would drive around in my selected are and go into every business offering them a possibly lower rate that what they are already paying. Since customers were already locked into a 2 year contract with another provider it made my job very hard. There were certain way i could help the customer get out of their existing contract but people were to scared about the charges that might occur. So day in and day out people were either happy with their insurance or they would tell me to come back in 6 to 7 months. It was frustrating but at the same time it was nice tot be able to drive around all day and finding new interesting shops and meeting nice people along the way. It was only a temporary job so it didn't last to long.
Pros
Were kinda your own boss
Cons
People being to nervous to change in the middle of plan due to possible charges
Great place!
Subject Matter Expert/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2016
I enjoyed working there! Management was awesome and worked with you every step of the way. I moved states which is why I had to quit. Very fun place.
Great work environment
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Reliant Energy offered an excellent work environment during my internship. My coworkers and I celebrated each others birthdays by going to lunch together. You really feel like you are a part of a team when you work there.
Pros
Company Discount on Lunches at Luby's nearby
Cons
Metro Park and Ride does not drop off in front of Fannin Street building
Awesome, fun, and action Packed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
Pretty cool place to work at... Just not enough money there inside the store they had me in. I learned ALOT working here! How to talk to people, how to manage my own day.
review
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2016
horrible, they micromanage, the staffing agency does not have your back and they rob you of your money. The environment is sloppy and unorganized. kRISTINA SCHUSTER supervisor of the winback team needs more training .
Daily performance
Account Resolution Advisor/Customer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
My job consist of resolving customer inquires, cross selling to customers and researching and resolving escalated issues.
Pros
incentives
Cons
surveys that are keyed in incorrectly
Friendly job and really profecional
Costumer service agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2016
always profecional.
everyday is a learning day.
the management was great all the time.
co-workers always traying to make work friendly and profecional.
stay calm when customers are mad at you when ever other people do thing wrong.
always like to see people happy.
Very Flexible Job
COMMERCIAL TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2016
I am a dedicated hard worker and constantly wanting to further my knowledge and education. I truly do enjoy my job. It pushes me to get up everyday and work that much harder!
very sales driven
Customer service/Retention (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Very competitive environment almost to the point of discomfort, high employee turn over. Excellent prizes and bonuses but hard to get hired on for benefits. Love the trainers but some of the vetted management care more about the numbers than the people that goes for employees and customers. It could be an amazing place to work if they can work out some of the flaws in the system.
Review of NRG
Continuous Improvement - Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2016
NRG is a family oriented company leading the way in innovation within the energy sector. NRG does a great job providing training opportunities to employees or promote growth
A positive working environment
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed this company very much. The culture is very relaxed and promotes hard work. It is difficult to advance from your current position.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Challenging comfortable great place to work
Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2015
Production support along with keeping up with clients demands is a daily priority. Communicating with clients to fine out if they have any issues or if their demands are being met is done either by emails or meetings. At times it can be very busy, but management helps distribute the load of work and be great help.
Work is great, management not so much
Instrumentation and Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 7, 2015
Work at a power plant is great. Management placed more value on holding hands and understanding everyones perspective on every single issue rather than holding employees accountable for what they should and should not be doing or know. As a result many talented individuals have moved on.
Houston, Texas - Generation Dispatcher/Trader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2015
Reliant Energy provides all the trainning needed to do your job. Coworkers were friendly and always willing to to help when ever needed.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
12 hr rotation shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reliant Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

88%