Reliant Medical Group Employee Reviews

Company does not value thier employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, Internal MedicineMay 22, 2014
Very demanding job, with little or no recognition, not compensated well for our immense work load. No set hours. There is no such thing at 8 to 5 here. They see patients until 7 pm and 6 pm every day except Thursday and Friday. The majority of the time you leave late. You don't work a full 40 hours, it's 38.75, so you will not receive overtime for staying late to treat patients. An plan on coming in during inclement weather, no matter how bad it is and not being allowed to leave even if the weather is dangerous.
Great training given, and continued training offered. My co-workers were talented, and outstanding at what they do. The hardest part of the job was keeping a good patient flow to keep patients on time to see the doctors. You will have a very heavy work load on top of patient care. It made it very difficult to complete all the administrate work.
Very stressful environment. Management is very critical, mainly because they have so much pressure on them to meet company numbers monthly. (number of patients seen) You will rarely if ever be praised by them or feel that you are valued for your hard work and skills. Patient satisfaction is the companies priority, so there is a lot of pressure on you to make their experience good. Which was very hard some days because their patient load is so high, I felt rushed to room the patients. And as a Medical Assistant you are the face of the company.
The best part of the job was caring for the patients. The satisfaction of seeing their health improve over time, especially high risk patients. If I could make them smile and put them at
  more... ease it made my day. The fast paced environment made the day go by quickly.  less
Pros
great benefits
Cons
company more focused number of patients seen for revenue
Productive and Satisfying
Patient Service Specialist- Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAJuly 15, 2015
My day currently starts from making reminder calls to patients via phone calls or the patient portal messages. Following that I send out the no show and cancellation letters, check referral approvals and follow through with the necessary steps for the patient. While doing all of this, I am checking patients in and checking them out. During the check out process, I am scheduling the patient their follow up appointments, as well as calling other department within the company and outside of the company to schedule any orders/procedures they require. I have learned many things within this company such as being able to verify a patients insurance within the websites. Management is amazing within the office and within the company. They are always guiding us to better ourselves and the company. My co-workers are some of the best group of people I've ever worked with. We are a team, and always doing what we can do better a process if it doesn't seem to be working efficiently- We all understand that we work hand in hand to make the experience here for our patients an experience they want to come back and be part of. I enjoy my job because I am helping people in so many different ways. Patients come here because they are sick or something is not right, and if I can put a smile on their face while checking out, then I know that I made a difference for them.
Pros
competitive wages, multiple training courses
Cons
not a full 40 hours for full time.
Enjoyed working in the Medical Records Department
HIM Tech (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MASeptember 30, 2015
The people were always helpful and pleasant. I started working on a conversion from an outside doctor's office coming into Reliant. It was a challenging task converting the patient's Medical Record from one computer system into the Reliant system. Once this project was complete I began learning many different tasks. When outside records were received I abstracting pertinent information into the Epic system. I also worked with the scanners by preparing work for the scanning to take place. Management was at another site so we worked independently. I began my position with three other women and we got along quite well.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere to work in
Cons
Sometimes the work could be monontonous.
illegal practices
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MANovember 10, 2015
The Leominster manager is a nightmare and illegally alters employees time cards. I've never met such a sociopath in my life. They are currently under investigation through the attorney general's office for not paying employees the full amount. There is no room for advancement, the pay is minimal and they can't keep people at the Leominster site. They went through 5 phlebotomist in one year just for a single shift at this location.
Pros
ok benefits, wonderful patients
Cons
Leominster manger, getting in trouble for urgent care nagging you stay late, everything else
Interesting field to work In
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 22, 2013
A typical day at work would be take co-payments and checking out patients. Booking Mammograms and closing out at the end of the day. I learned to be patient professional and helpful. My co-workers were fun and helpful and professional. The hardest part of the job was telling the patients that the Doctor was running behind. Sometime It was an hour wait. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with all ages of patients.
Pros
nice location to work.
Cons
i would say the doctors running behind
phlebotomy
Phlebotomist intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 1, 2015
Perform phlebotomy (Venipuncture, Dermopuncture, and Urinalysis) on all age groups and assisting with patient reception, answer calls, and clerical functions at the front desk. Draw blood from patients, explain blood-drawing procedure to patients and answer questions. Perform basic point of care testing such as: Blood Glucose levels; Prepare blood, urine and other specimens for testing; Verify patient’s identity; Maintain medical equipment such as needles, test tubes and blood vials.
Why I enjoyed working at Reliant Medical Group
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 17, 2014
I really liked the fact that Reliant Medical Group was like working with family. Everyone is very supportive of each other. A typical day at work would be interacting with patients, health care providers, insurance companies, and colleagues. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and helping them understand their insurance benefits. Reliant Medical Group can be proud of the way they treat and take care of their patients.
Great Company to work for
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlton, MASeptember 12, 2013
Same routine to follow: Answer phones to assist patients with registering with a medical primary care physician - maintaining there insurance is active.

Management was very strong and always available.
Co-workers were a great team to work with.

When the company change structure

When I made a patients happy by helping them understand what there insurance benefits provided.
Pros
holiday activites - contests - team meetings
Cons
no raise increases
Fast-paced environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 7, 2014
On a typical work day I answer roughly 50-100 phone calls. I work very closely with my coworkers so communication is key. Upon answering phone calls, I schedule patients for appointments, take messages for our Providers and nursing staff and assist the patient any way I can. The hardest part of m job is finding time on the Providers schedules. The most enjoyable part is the relationships I build with the patients.
Efficient and dependable.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 2, 2015
Same routine daily, as an MA we have to open the exam rooms, prepare clinical tools for the day and rooming process begins. Sometimes we have to help the secretaries with answering phone as, meaning booking and cancelling appointments. Communication is always key and understanding peoples learning level. Team work is important.
Pros
multiple training & continuing education.
Cons
Not full 40hrs for full time hires.
Great and enjoyable co.to work for. Exceeds in benefits,401k,403b
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 10, 2012
I enjoyed working for reliant medical group. I worked with a great staff that all worked together in every field. Most of all enjoyed the multi-task that the department offered. My manager was also a team player with her staff and always helped when needed and also put staff feelings into consideration.
Pros
staff support
Cons
short breaks
enjoyable work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Millbury, MAJune 25, 2015
fast past working environment.perscription telephone line performing prior authorizations for prescriptions. working with insurance companies. Schedule appointments and lab.Answering patient calls and calling patients
Pros
able to grow with the company
Cons
unable to perform all Medical Assistant duties becasue of having a lab/nurses
Phenomenal place to work!!!!
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 25, 2012
Management is excellent all around. Absolutely no complaints about this company. Co-workers work as a team and this is highly encouraged by management. The workload is heavy, but the atmosphere makes it well worth it!!!! If I wasn't relocating to New Hampshire I would go back to work for them in a heartbeat.

Comment – January 30, 2013

Why are you moving to New Hampshire?

It is fun if you like what you do.
Coordinator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 25, 2015
It can be a fun work environment. Specially if you work with the right coworkers and department.

Some departments are better than others. some can be a little uptight. Specially the managers with budget issues. It certainly isn't as fun as it used to be. They micromanage a lot now on days!
Great Company that values their employees
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 29, 2015
I have nothing but positive things to say about Reliant Medical Group as an employer. They treat the staff well, value the work you do and they have an excellent work/life balance. I can see why they have so many "Best Places to Work" awards.
Pros
generous benefits
Cons
nothing!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 19, 2015
Great place to work, management was supportive. I especially liked their continuing education program! Different departments require different tasks from medical assistants but found that the training was adequate. Staff is friendly and helpful as well.
great place to work
Administrative Lead (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 22, 2012
work with amazing hard working co-workers, benefits are great, pay is somewhat reasonable,patients are appreciative, managers on the othher hand have no appreciation for the hard workers and take them for granted
Pros
close to home
Cons
unappreciative management
Reliant Medical Group was a great place to work and the benefits were very good my co-workers was a joy to have known them.
Billing Support Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 3, 2013
Reliant Medical Group was a great place to work my co-workers was a joy to have known them, and the benefits were great.
There is no room for advancement
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 3, 2015
Did not encourage feedback from employees. My co-workers were wonderful and helpful with each each other. Manager made no allowance for workers who might be late due to weather or traffic.
Cons
lack of empathy
great place to work
Medical Secretary for Hematology/ Oncology (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 23, 2015
Reliant Medical Group is a great place to make a career. They really care about the patients and what they need. Management cares about the employees and what is needed to have high employee retention.