Reliant Medical Group Employee Reviews

I like my job
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 16, 2017
Reliant is a good company that cares about its patients and employees alike. The benefits are good, the company is working towards better wages for their front line staff. Currently they are working on changing their patient care delivery model to improve staff and patient satisfaction.
dynamic work setting supportive co-workers
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 27, 2016
Dynamic work setting with good support both clinically and professionally. I enjoy providing care to patients of a variety of ages with simple to complex medical conditions. The work setting offers a flexible schedule in a pleasant environment.
Pros
great support, great coworkers
Cons
weekends and holidyas and some late night hours
Worst place to work
manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 31, 2017
Very unprofessional organization that does not care for their employees whatsoever. Treat you like dirt and do not pay what you are worth. No raises, no acknowledgement and always belittle everyone. It is such an awful place, stay away!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Stressful, but a great place to learn
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 13, 2016
RMG management is interesting to say the least learned alot but i get paid low. Not a good place for advancement. but overall i dont have any regrets. working for this company hasnt been the best
great place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 26, 2016
I would do ekgs, i would answer the phones check patients in and out. i would make sure the doctors always had what they needed. I made sure each doctor had the up to date schedule ready for them when they came in each morning.
Pros
wonderful staff and patients
Cons
reliant took over and some of my rights were taken away
hardest part of the job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 15, 2016
The hardest part of this job was the fact that it turned into a complete business atmosphere. The job became about who could see the most patients in a day. In the medical field it should be about the patients not the money.
company
1 physician assistant and 1 nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Spencer, MAApril 25, 2016
by day consisted of both equal clinical and non clinical. Fairness was not equal for all employees. co-workers were great to work with. hardest part was leaving the doctors i worked for.
Pros
great pay
Cons
fairness unequal
Great place
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 17, 2016
Love working as a Radiology assistant. Helping out the radiologist with breast biopsy procedures and preparing our patients for the appointment.
illegal practices
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MANovember 10, 2015
The Leominster manager is a nightmare and illegally alters employees time cards. I've never met such a sociopath in my life. They are currently under investigation through the attorney general's office for not paying employees the full amount. There is no room for advancement, the pay is minimal and they can't keep people at the Leominster site. They went through 5 phlebotomist in one year just for a single shift at this location.
Pros
ok benefits, wonderful patients
Cons
Leominster manger, getting in trouble for urgent care nagging you stay late, everything else
people oriented and professionalism in every way possible
Phlebotomy/EKG Intern Dec. 1st to 19th (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 13, 2016
collecting samples of blood and other fluids from patients. Prior to

collection, it is my responsibility to assure that all

collection instruments and environments are sterile and of first use.

After sample collection, it will include

correctly labeling the collection container with pertinent patient

information for identification, and subsequently must complete and

file companion paperwork to trace the route of the sample from

collection through lab work through final analysis and diagnosis and

finally to proper disposal of the fluids. Any error in the job of a

phlebotomist can have consequences that range from misdiagnosis

to fatal contamination. In addition, phlebotomists on a hospital staff

will also be required to train other phlebotomists in sample collection

and follow up.
Pros
being able to achieve the blood specimen
Cons
some people have difficult veins

Want to know more about Reliant Medical Group?

Ask a question
phlebotomy
Phlebotomist intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 1, 2015
Perform phlebotomy (Venipuncture, Dermopuncture, and Urinalysis) on all age groups and assisting with patient reception, answer calls, and clerical functions at the front desk. Draw blood from patients, explain blood-drawing procedure to patients and answer questions. Perform basic point of care testing such as: Blood Glucose levels; Prepare blood, urine and other specimens for testing; Verify patient’s identity; Maintain medical equipment such as needles, test tubes and blood vials.
Enjoyed working in the Medical Records Department
HIM Tech (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MASeptember 30, 2015
The people were always helpful and pleasant. I started working on a conversion from an outside doctor's office coming into Reliant. It was a challenging task converting the patient's Medical Record from one computer system into the Reliant system. Once this project was complete I began learning many different tasks. When outside records were received I abstracting pertinent information into the Epic system. I also worked with the scanners by preparing work for the scanning to take place. Management was at another site so we worked independently. I began my position with three other women and we got along quite well.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere to work in
Cons
Sometimes the work could be monontonous.
Efficient and dependable.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 2, 2015
Same routine daily, as an MA we have to open the exam rooms, prepare clinical tools for the day and rooming process begins. Sometimes we have to help the secretaries with answering phone as, meaning booking and cancelling appointments. Communication is always key and understanding peoples learning level. Team work is important.
Pros
multiple training & continuing education.
Cons
Not full 40hrs for full time hires.
great place to work
Medical Secretary for Hematology/ Oncology (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 23, 2015
Reliant Medical Group is a great place to make a career. They really care about the patients and what they need. Management cares about the employees and what is needed to have high employee retention.
It is fun if you like what you do.
Coordinator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 25, 2015
It can be a fun work environment. Specially if you work with the right coworkers and department.

Some departments are better than others. some can be a little uptight. Specially the managers with budget issues. It certainly isn't as fun as it used to be. They micromanage a lot now on days!
enjoyable work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Millbury, MAJune 25, 2015
fast past working environment.perscription telephone line performing prior authorizations for prescriptions. working with insurance companies. Schedule appointments and lab.Answering patient calls and calling patients
Pros
able to grow with the company
Cons
unable to perform all Medical Assistant duties becasue of having a lab/nurses
High productivity requirements
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Yanceyville, NCOctober 22, 2015
Dirty, unsupportive nursing staff to rehab staff, mean nurses who weren"t doing their jobs. Lack of equipment. I was threntened with dismissal my first week of work due to low productivity
Pros
45 min drive
Cons
mean rehab director
Great training and education opportunities
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Holden MaOctober 13, 2015
Customer service was number 1 concern for Reliant. Education was a top priority for the company. Staff spent to much socializing. Leadership in some areas was weak.
Pros
Clean and well kept offices
Cons
Gossip
Fast-paced environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 7, 2014
On a typical work day I answer roughly 50-100 phone calls. I work very closely with my coworkers so communication is key. Upon answering phone calls, I schedule patients for appointments, take messages for our Providers and nursing staff and assist the patient any way I can. The hardest part of m job is finding time on the Providers schedules. The most enjoyable part is the relationships I build with the patients.
Why I enjoyed working at Reliant Medical Group
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 17, 2014
I really liked the fact that Reliant Medical Group was like working with family. Everyone is very supportive of each other. A typical day at work would be interacting with patients, health care providers, insurance companies, and colleagues. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and helping them understand their insurance benefits. Reliant Medical Group can be proud of the way they treat and take care of their patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reliant Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9