Reliant Rehabilitation

Reliant Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

POOR & UNETHICAL!!!
DOR/OTA (Former Employee), TxJune 8, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: EVERYTHING!! Pay is poor
My first day in the job I had no staff and no list of people to call. As you can tell by the other Tx reviews, this company does not care about patient care and the DOR staff that have been with this company are naive to what true skilled therapy is! They know nothing about what is ethical and what is not! There is poor communication. You will not hear from any regional unless you get them in trouble. They are a poor excuse of a company! They don't care whether you work 8 or 10 hr days. They expect you to do everything and don't compensate money wise.
High productivity
speech language pathologist (Former Employee), houston txJune 3, 2015
Pros: they hire new grads
Cons: High productivity, poor benefits
I got a job here as a new grad. I loved my coworkers but the company is not a good place to work. Pto is considered a gift and they will deny it and have stipulations about getting approval. The productivity is high! And if the census is low, they will send you home. They come after you if your productivity is below 90% and have complained when I'm below 95% as an evaluating therapist. They expect you to do paperwork on your own time or bill paperwork as treatment time. On top of that, the pay is low. I do not recommend this company bc they do not care for their employees.
Wonderful Rehab director
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Conroe, TXMay 23, 2015
Good atmosphere to work in. The hardest part of the job was losing a resident. A typical day at work would consist of coming in, grabbing my schedule, planning my day, and seeing my patients for their allotted time
DOR
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: busy, flexible
Cons: 65% productivity in lower buildings
-morning meetings
-PPS meetings
-benefit meetings
-typical paperwork, filing, chart audits etc.
-communication with staff and client
-patient care
run from this company
speech therapist (Former Employee), GallatinApril 11, 2015
Pros: pto
Cons: everything else
Unethical, only looking for the almighty dollar and all around shady. Pay is horrible for therapists. Pto not guaranteed for when you need it. Very controlling in the workplace. Very clickish socially.
BEWARE!!! WORST company to work with!
OTR/L (Former Employee), Nevada & TexasMarch 4, 2015
Cons: no job security, high productivity demand, poor patient care, poor management, etc.
I have worked with several companies and Reliant is the worst employer to work with. The staff have received three pay cuts for a period of two years. That is on top of no pay raise or annual appraisal. Turn-over of staff is very high from corporate positions to a regular staff due to poor management and stress working with the company. They offer PTO but that depends on their approval. The current regional director is unprofessional, unqualified and has poor leadership skills. Not all but a lot of the directors of rehab are the same way. If you are concerned with your license, DO NOT WORK WITH – more... THIS COMPANY! Your license will be in jeopardy because the company does not care for the patients, and care only with the numbers (revenue and productivity). Productivity requirement is too high that the staff is working off the clock. They brush off any complaints of billing fraud. Staff is not being oriented or trained upon hire before you start working on the floor. They do not guarantee full time hours even if you are a full-time employee. You will be sent home early at their discretion. It does not matter if you have two or three hours only for the day. If you are working in one location you like, you can be transferred in a different location if they want to. Reliant is only contracted to manage the rehab department of a healthcare facility, therefore if a staff from that facility does not like to work with you, Reliant will fire you just to please the facility they have a contract with. Name all the cons for Reliant and several pages won't be enough. I hope this serve as a warning to my co-therapist who is looking for a job. Please do not put your license in jeopardy and do not work for this company if you love your profession. – less
Patient Case Load
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) (Current Employee), New Hampton, IAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexiable schedule
Cons: not enough hours to go around within a good distance
I currently work at a Nursing Home with Skilled patients but our caseload is small for two COTA's and i have been driving about 1hour 20 minutes to make sure I have full-time hours.
Only concerned about making the almighty dollar and not patient care
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), MSFebruary 5, 2015
Cons: money hungry, no care for patients or employees
This company is more concerned with making money and productivity that you will be treating patients who are not even appropriate for therapy. Also I have taken a paycut since working with them without any signs of appreciation from the company.
Productivity demands are a bit high
Director of Rehabilitation Services (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Like many companies Reliant has there issues. However the Benefits are pretty good and affordable. Hardest part actually is co-workers. Otherwise this is a decent job
RunAway!!
cota (Former Employee), txDecember 27, 2014
Pros: lots of open positions
Cons: all the rest
Here I came accross nothing but liars and the lowest payrate I have seen. I made more money working as a secretary without formal training! Unethical and rude recruiters.
Team oriented workplace.
PRN COTA (Current Employee), Monroe, LAOctober 7, 2014
I worked at St Joseph's home in Monroe, LA four times. I liked the friendly atmosphere as well as the team implementation. Each profession worked together to get the best outcome for each patient.
Poor support and disrespect for employees in Philadelphia market
DOR/OT (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2014
Very little support from Regional. Often said would be coming and not arrive. Felt that Reliant did not understand the Philadelphia market. They acted like they were the only facility in the area and lowballed pays. Unfortunately, we were paid southern rates in a northern city. Lost several employees because they could not survive on the rate of pay. No raises for 2 employees for 3 years but had pay cuts. The company was disrespectful to employees and the building. They will lie and use employees to act as informers. Would I recommend Reliant yes if you work down South, No for Northern sites. You will be left rudderless with little support.
Go somewhere else!
Therapist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2014
Cons: too many to write
After a decade working with various companies this has by far been the worst. I learned a lot about unethical behavior, how to work off the clock, that you will never get paid or treated well, how to care about numbers not patients, how getting numbers are more important then patient care. The hardest part of the job is having to lie and steal. The best part of the job was finding another one.
Run...run away FAST!!
Director of Rehab (Former Employee), Indianapolis, inJune 8, 2014
Pros: nice, helpful, caring people working in corporate office.
Cons: hire inexperienced managers that certainly don't care about patients
I was hired as a director of rehab for a new contract. I showed up at 8 am on Friday, the first day of the contract. The lady that was supposed to train us (the majority of the staff was new) did not show up until noon, because her plane didn't land until 10:30!! We had NOTHING... No info on patients, no computers...nada. But of course had to treat patients. She was there a total of 1 full day. To her credit, she was great in the small amount of time she was given. We all had to learn a new system (which is AWFUL) So we essentially had to train ourselves. I was a completely new director and had – more... NO training. My regional was not available when I needed him. Even when he was, he was completely unapproachable. When I asked him questions he was sarcastic and rude. It got worse for me after I expressed my feelings about my manager to his boss. He made me break down several times. It was the worst experience of my life. NO TRAINING, NO SUPPORT, ABUSIVE DIRECTOR. It was a humiliating experience. They throw people in positions and it's sink or swim. No in between. Most of the people in higher positions have no experience, which is ok if they have a supportive manager. Just beware because things are NOT as they seem!!

My offer letter said hourly, but then they changed it to salary once working. I was working 50 hrs/week easily. Insane productivity. (Asst 95%, evaluators 90%). It was tough to maintain my ethics... But I did. – less
The Corporate Staff and HR Team are fabulous!
HR Director (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 5, 2014
Although the company's lacking proper system structure and don't have the appropriate amount of corporate staff to handle the enormous growth, I loved working for the founder along with the VP of Recruiting who was my first manager. My HR team of reps were always extremely supportive, professional, willing to learn new things, and ethical.
Productive work place
Rehab Technician (Former Employee), Bristol, PAApril 28, 2014
Pros: being able to provide care for the residents
Cons: not enough hours
the residents were nice, enjoyed the teamwork great company.
upper management is unethical
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: unethical mgmt gets bonuses for productivity over 100%
Over the last 2 years Reliant has cut pay to therapists by 13%, cut PTO by 80 hours and management gets higher bonuses for productivity. If a therapist complains she is given veiled threats of unemployment.
Trying to get an answering machine at corporate offices is easy... talking to a live person is rare.
4 years ago it was pretty good, now its a grim work environment.
I,m on my way out!
Productive work place
Occupational Therapist Assistant Inpatient Rehab (Current Employee), Round Rock, TexasFebruary 28, 2014
Cons: administration
My typical day consists of making a schedule every morning, document as I go, all patients are seen one on one. This is very helpful and something that I am currently looking for. I feel like I'm more productive with one to two patients seen at at time and feel that the patient benefits more from this type of care. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a high productivity standard. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that there is a "solid" and large therapy staff.
Not Reliant
OT (Former Employee), TexasFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: disorganized
Recently had an offer for part time work. The pay rate that was offered was poor. I was basically expected to just show up at the facility and begin work with no training. Communication with Human Resources/ main office were very poor and disorganized. Office staff were pleasant and polite but, had no idea what they were talking about. They then offered full time position with really bad pay. Benefits were never explained. I decided not to work for them at all since they seemed so backwards and disorganized. It was a great decision especially since I did not see all of these negative reviews until now. I would not put my professional license at risk.
High productivity demand- 120 to 150%
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: enjoy the staff
Cons: you work your tail off with the productivity standards.
Greedy corporation, 13% pay cut in last 2 years. productivity expectations are 120% to 150%.

1 2 3

About Reliant Rehabilitation

Reliant Rehabilitation is a leading provider in long-term care rehabilitation services -providing physical therapy, occupational – Read more

Reliant Rehabilitation Salaries