Rels Valuation Employee Reviews

Very independent work
Appraisal Processor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 3, 2016
An average day was processing loans, assigning loans to appraisers, answering calls, and giving updates. The managers were always there to answer questions.
I got to speak with costumers on the phone
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 28, 2015
Get to the office, turn my computer on. Start making calls to appraisers and offer them appointments on houses that were on sell, rent, or under construction.
Pros
Two 15 min breaks, one 30 mins break. sitting the whole day.
Cons
I would get sleepy, tired from sitting so much.
Call center environment, very nice work culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 20, 2015
A typical day involved following up on orders from the previous day, while checking emails from clients or appraisers responses to orders. My main job was to maintain "movement" in the life of the order( appraisal) which meant reaching out to the appraisers to questioned if they completed one of three things 1) inspection 2) estimation completion date 3) report submission.
This job has strengthen my communication skills, typing ability, polished up on organizational skills .

Management was very helpful and encouraged open communication with employees especially new hires. They where very flexible with the time off requests. The hardest part of the job was working in a cubicle setting, coming from a retail sales background where you are required to be on your feet 8+ hours a day! If you are able to keep your focus by maintain a organizational method to work through 60+ orders a day while taking phone calls and responded to emails you will be successful.The most enjoyable part of the joy was knowing exactly what tasks i was required to follow up on each day.
Pros
40 hours a week, No weekends, Overtime( when approved), Management, Open communcation, Pay
Cons
After busy season they have lay offs, Cubicles
Residential Real Estate Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 4, 2015
Long hours, little pay, don't care about people just production, poor working environment, stressful working environment
Busy place to work, under-appreciated
Supervisor 1 - Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 21, 2015
The department I'm in involves a lot of busy work.
Upper management is set. Middle management is a revolving door. Burn out happens. Managers get fed up with the corporate games and move on to do other things.
No work life balance
Field Appraiser (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 1, 2015
The only way to make money with their stupid compensation package is to work 80 hour weeks and have no life outside of work. They do not give you any paid vacations either. They want you to work ALL the time until you're six feet under. I feel like an unwanted step child compared to other employees.
Great Place to Work!!!!!!
Vendor Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 26, 2015
I loved it here. It is quite repetitive, but well worth it all in all! Don't age of a good take advantage of this job! Fun place with supportive management.
great job
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 28, 2015
wonderful job great management will answer any questions if you need anything....literally. Learned a lot about a new industry that I never knew nothing about
Rels Valuation
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  bloomington, mnMarch 30, 2015
I love this job. You work in an individual cubical and are responsible to deliver by a deadline each day. It is a fast paced but also laid back atmosphere. I enjoy typing and this job offers plenty of time to practice my skills. It might be a little hectic to learn everything so fast, because it is hands on training, but a full filling job overall.
Pros
You choose your breaks, laid back atmosphere, mp3 player accessible.
Cons
dress code, hours
Chill enviroment
Vender Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 23, 2015
-very easy job
-super boring
-very quite co-workers
-management is alright
-business is separated into groups
-you get your own cube
Pros
chill enviroment, nice parking
Cons
this job is not for me, but it may be for you.
Review on Rels
REVIEW APPRAISER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaMarch 20, 2015
I had a overall good experience with Rels except for the last 2 years. Work load was slow and there was extra pressure from corporate to keep our jobs and benefits.
Easy way to get experience as a temp
Collateral PreScreen Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 5, 2015
I have worked for Rels for 1.5 years and am still not hired on as a permanent employee. I have a Bachelor's Degree and good work performance. It can take a while to get hired on.
Pros
Free Ramp Parking, Nice building
Cons
Can take a long time to get hired on
Was a short term assignment
Valuation Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 12, 2014
I learned how the inspections are completed for buying houses and how some appraisers need to be reminded to get their inspections sent in.
Pros
Not far to travel to work from home.
Cons
Decline in work look because of deline in market.
Diversified
Appraisal Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 4, 2014
Rels allows you to utilize several problem solving skills and critical thinking.
Encourages self-learning and self-management with plenty of room for personal and progression growth
Escalation Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 17, 2014
I originally came in contact with Rels Valuation as a temporary employee via a staffing agency. When I originally accepted the entry-level customer service/administrative position it was with hesitation and lack of interest. I accepted the position due to my state unemployment benefits running out with at least a month or two before my preferred seasonal work falling back into activation (landscaping/odd job physical labor).

Upon entry, the company provided an orientation class and training via class room and with a seasoned employee to set one at ease. Within my first week of training and with minimal office experience, I found myself fascinated by the residential appraisal industry and the multiple aspects surrounding it. Due to my interest, during my training class, my interest and self-initiative was noticed and I received an instant responsibility promotion, which although it did not provide an initial pay-increase, it did provide an opportunity to learn appraisal management company processes and appraisal practices more in-depth.

Long story short, after 1 year in that position, after providing assistance to other teams and developing a very in-depth knowledge base on both residential appraising and company operation processes, I was honored with an opportunity to become catered into a management position (I forget to mention, I had no college degree and only my GED and work ethic).

I have now been with this company for roughly 2 1/2 years and would strongly suggest it to anyone with a desire to grow along with a company that has plenty of room to expand itself.
great place to work
Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 25, 2014
• Created and maintained field appraiser equipment inventory including items such as desktops, cameras, printers, monitors.
• Developed and assisted in Windows 7 system imaging for field appraisers to expedite computer failure turnover times.
• Maintained and developed professional relationships with fellow helpdesk members that foster a healthy team oriented environment.
• Assisted appraisers and other Rels valuation employees on an on call rotating schedule basis. Issues revolving around anything from Cisco anyconnect lockouts to hardware issues, wireless issues, internet issues, or emergency hot ticket items such as server failures which would be escalated to the appropriate team.
I didn't enjoy it
Resolutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 28, 2014
I didn't enjoy working at this place. It had a lot of workplace bullying and workplace politics/drama. Everyone was temps and tried to compete to become full time when they hardly ever make anybody full time.
Temp work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 25, 2014
The only way you get hired on is if you are an appraiser. This company loves to over turn employees so they do not have to worry about paying out benefits and giving raises.
terrible place
Vendor Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 19, 2014
somewhere you really do not want to work. This place goes through alot of poeple and trust me you just do not want to work at this place.
I really enjoed working for this company. I worked with great team members who were willing
Vendor Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 31, 2014
A typical day would start by calling the appraisers to confirm that the order has been received and when Rels could expect to receive it. I learned how to keep and maintain a positive attitude to get the job done and stay productive. The management was great and easy to talk to about any concerns. The hardest part of the job was at the busiest times the appraisers were booked and it was hard to place the orders. The most enjoyable part of the day when you had a few minutes to chat with your team members and do al little team building

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rels Valuation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9