REM Iowa

REM Iowa Employer Reviews

STRESSFUL BUT I LOVE TO WORK WITH PEOPLE
OMT (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: helping the client learn everday living skills
Cons: getting hurt because some of them were aggressive
THE HARDEST PART ABOUT THIS JOB WAS THAT THE FAMILIES NEVER CAME TO SEE THEIR KIDS.
Fun place to work
Direct Support Care (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 11, 2013
Its a very good place to work but the management are unorganised
Wonderful supervisors, excellent work schedule, fun team environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Avoca, IAJuly 25, 2013
Review time cards for missed punches and resolve. Answer phones, make copies, create and update files. Make sure all certifications are up to date.
The office has a fun, family environment. Co-workers and management all work together as a team.
The most enjoyable part of my job is payroll. It could be called the hardest also; I prefer to call it the – more... most demanding; but I love it. – less
Great Job!
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 3, 2013
Wonderful place to work but not very flexible with school schedule!
enjoyed the clients
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee), Keokuk, IAJanuary 16, 2013
Cons: too many long shifts back to back
I would teach mentally challenged people how to do daily living skills. I would take them to appointments and grocery shopping. The co-workers were helpful but management sosmetimes wouldnt be.
working with special needs adults
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, IAJanuary 6, 2013
an okay job. not the best job out their and low paying job. loved being their for the individuals and loved working with the indvividuals in their home and working with them in the community
Clients are amazing, co-workers and management could use improvement
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids IowaDecember 28, 2012
Pros: paid training, great benefits, great pay
Cons: co-workers and management
A typical day at work for me would be going in at 10 pm until 7:30 am-9am. I would watch TV, read, clean the client's home, do client's laundry, pass meds, help make breakfast, wake client's up for school or work, provide bed checks which just consist of making sure each client is sleeping and healthy.

I have learned so much about specific disabilites, – more... how to help others when they aren't able to prefrom specific tasks. I also learned how amazing the human brain/body is. If one part doesn't work how the other parts try and accomodate.

Management-Well more time could be foucsed on problems that need fixed instead of who and how much overtime time there is. If you have a problem no one is willing to help you or listen to you. Too much personal drama that is brought into the work place from management and coworkers.

Co-workers are young, inexperienced, and immature. 99% are not willing to come to work on their shifts, help when on shift, or help pick up hours or other tasks.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with 18 year olds just out of high school that just wanted to sit around and do nothing but get paid or not even show up at all.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the clients. They are such a joy and fun to be with even on challenging days.

It's either very hard or very easy and for stupid reasons you can get fired. So watch out you are on the verge of being fired all day everday for the littlest things. – less
Patients are amazing
Care Taker (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 18, 2012
Pros: patients
Cons: time off
Care Giver
Taught Mentally Disabled Men and Women everyday chores
• CPR
• Book Keeping
fast paced fun great people
Resident Counselor (Former Employee), Cedar RapidsJuly 30, 2012
assisted children with disabilities do their daily tasks take a shower get dressed prepare food
Enjoyed working with people with disabilities
Direct Support Provider (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working with people with disabilities. I didn't like working on Saturdays.
I've learned a lot
Direct Cares (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAMay 9, 2012
Pros: knowing that you're doing something for others
Rem is an okay company to work with. I've learned a lot from the company and love what i do. Going into a house that i work at make dinner, do laundry, clean house, make sure the consumers are showered, and helping with personal cares that ia a typical day at work.

I've learned a lot at my job. I've learned how to be patient with my consumers and other, – more... I've learned how to do things in different ways,

Management -
It wasn't the best but we got threw.

The hardest part of my job would be being patient with the consumers when they have a break down because its hard to see them like that.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing my consumers smile, it's the best thing ever. – less
educational
Residental Aide (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAMay 1, 2012
Pros: outtings
Cons: no private breaks
the consumers you will love working with but the rules and managment arent so friendly.
Rewarding
DSP/Caretaker (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IaMarch 20, 2012
This job is very rewarding and fullfiling. It is fun to work with the individuals in the care of this company. At the end of each day you will go home feeling happy and inspired by them.