The Director of Business Development is responsible for leading the organization in the development of new opportunities for current REI by-products. They will drive marketing initiatives that establish business standards and competitively position our company’s products in the marketplace. They will evaluate the potential and practicality of products in development and will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IS OKOBOJI, IOWA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive products through the development process from inception to launch, making certain new products are on-time and in spec, and the delivery chain is fully enabled by collaborating with Petcare JV, REI Proteins division and strategic supply partners for new ingredients.
- Establishes direction, goals and processes for each part of the new business opportunities
- Originate new products in concert with customer needs and business model that is complementary to REI current by-products strategy
- Collaborates with sales, marketing, technical operations, while leading R&D and business development and other departments to determine competitiveness of new technologies and/or business, and to develop new products.
- Analyze competitive offerings to identify differentiators and set pricing
- Conduct market research, surveys, and field visits to understand and specify business requirements for target market segments
- Analyze and evaluate trends impacting new products/business opportunities and markets
- Engage markets to collect product feedback including innovations and enhancements
- Drive product development regarding projects to ensure knowledge of status
- Evaluate customer opportunities by market and build annual revenue / cost budgets
- Document and report on product profitability and operational product metrics
- Develop / validate / maintain value proposition for products with markets
- Own product development, validation and product marketing proof requirements- for Petcare/Proteins business
- Develop and implement go-to-market plans, partnering strategies, product positioning, product briefs, sales training, and competitive analysis.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- MS in Chemistry or related field, MBA preferred
- 8-10 years experience
- Preferred Dairy background
- Strategic thinking and a demonstrated ability to provide and articulate the future vision for Product/Business Development
- Excellent Communication skills as it relates to disseminating and gathering information to staff and management and marketing to prospective customers and /or business partners
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -