A State-of the-Art food processing manufacturer in Northwest, Iowa is looking for the following position:
The Director of Business Development is responsible for leading the organization in research for new products, new business, and product enhancements. They will drive marketing initiatives that establish business standards and competitively position our company’s products in the marketplace. They will evaluate the potential and practicality of products in development and will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This person will head the R&D department, so a strong food tech background is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or food science , MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in sales, R&D, or product management role
- Minimum of 7 years of management experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of food ingredient experience; preferably in egg or dairy industry
- Strategic thinking and a demonstrated ability to provide and articulate the future vision for Product/Business Development
- Excellent Communication skills as it relates to disseminating and gathering information to staff and management and marketing to prospective customers and /or business partners
- Preferred bilingual in English and Japanese or Chinese
- Ability to travel in and out of the US; 35% travel
- Experience and Knowledge of the Asian markets
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive products through the development process from inception to launch, making certain
new products are on-time and in spec, and the delivery chain is fully enabled by
collaborating with marketing, sales & R&D, outside vendors and partners.
- Establishes direction, goals and processes for each part of the Product Development and QA teams
- Originate new products in concert with customer needs and business model
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements
- Collaborates with sales, marketing, technical operations, R&D, business development and other departments to determine competitiveness of new technologies and/or business, and to develop new products.
- Analyze competitive offerings to identify differentiators and set pricing
- Conduct market research, surveys, and field visits to understand and specify business requirements for target market segments
- Responsible for knowing and establishing new markets in Asia
Indeed - 7 months ago