Remedi SeniorCare Employee Reviews in United States

If you value your happiness, do not work here!
Order Entry Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHDecember 27, 2015
Long days, there was an 11-month period of mandatory 12 hour days, 5 days a week. Bad management, lazy coworkers, training is mediocre, half of new hires quit before training is over. Processes are never updated so you never know what the current process is. Raises are terrible - I never got more than 2.5% for 5 years, and two years we didn't get a raise at all! All they want you to do is work for them with the least amount of pay as possible so they can make money - they don't care about the individual. I had to leave because I was so unhappy and I would rather make minimum wage and be happy than be sad, depressed, and making more money.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Long hours, low pay
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHJuly 21, 2015
10-15 Hour shifts, bad management, no room for movement, empty promises, no raises, they try to make constant changes aqnd they spend the money to do it and then they change their mind, the company is going broke.
A job to think about before starting
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 26, 2016
This place has very low morale, low pay, and no respect for the hard working employees. This is not a place you can grow or excel at. I would not recommend working here at all.
Pros
Cons
everything
Short term employement
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Covington OhioFebruary 20, 2015
Long hours, many shifts do not end on time. Many days the labor force was short handed. While employed, there was a wage freeze. Did not work there long enough to learn about advancement. Not much communication between upper management and staff. Very 'dramatic' work environment.
Cons
long hours, work holidays, poor communication
Monotonous & Long Hours, Constant Policy Changes
Order Entry Tech (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAOctober 23, 2015
This place has the potential to be great. Personally, I became bored with the work (10 hour shifts, and good luck landing a 1st shift position) and I could never keep up with the new policy changes. Its great that they try to cater to each home they service, but I felt it put a strain on the employees (especially in Data Entry) trying to keep up with all of the special requests. They need to pick a policy and stick with it. All in all, if you like monotonous work and can deal with the occasional office gossip, go for it.
Pros
Impact on Community
Cons
Pressure to keep up with constant policy changes
Remedi Senior Care
Nurse Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAOctober 5, 2015
I enoyed working at Remedi Senior Care. The staff inside of the pharmacy was extremely nice and acted professional at all times. Management team at the pharmacy level was one of the best that I have worked with and Pharmacy Director was one of the best Supervisors that I have ever worked for.
Will one day be the industry leader
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2015
The company has a cutting edge process that will one day move them to the top of the industry. They will just have to stay the course.
Okay place to work
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VaOctober 31, 2013
it's nice that there isn't too much structure. Dress code is a bit lax and you can listen to music and take your break at will. But the hours are extremely long and i'm quite sure they can afford to pay their techs a little more. At least base it off experience and not have a flat rate. Very long hours. Be prepared to work 10+ hours everyday. Also job security is quite intimidating.. They are a bit trigger happy here in Ashland. only been with the company 3.5months and we've lost about 8 people that i'm aware of. Makes you feel like the second you start getting criticism your job is in danger.
Pros
seemingly unlimited overtime, free and relaxed environment
Cons
job security, pay grade, very long hours.
Data entry and quality assurance rep
Auditor/ QA rep (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2013
This position required great attention to detail. As the very first of a team of 8 auditors, I was deemed as an "unofficial supervisor". I trained and instructed others after me. Here, I was taught time and people management, as well as how to be firm yet fair. On average, I'd review approx. 100,000 bags per day, which each consisted of no more than 12 medications in each. I would catch even the smallest of errors and log them into a company database. I was the top auditor. I was the only auditor allowed to work the pill packaging machine. The job was very easy and satisfying. To know that I played a role in helping the sick and elderly feel better mentally and physically is a gratifying feeling. Although the role is small and rather insignificant, I felt like my contribution made a difference. I enjoyed working as a team player.
Pros
employee parties, free baseball games in skybox at oreo's game
Cons
unpaid lunches, feeling insignificant due to the fact that i was a contract employee, lack of advancement opportunities
worst place to work
multiple departments (Former Employee) –  covington/troy ohioApril 12, 2013
I worked for this company for over 3 years. These were the worst 3 years I have worked for any company. Management is horrible and they don't care about their staff at all. They only care about themselves and their own family. The managers have their favorites big time and its obvious. The employees work 10+ hours a day and well over 50+ hours a week. They are so understaffed its not funny. Instead of training the employees the right way, they teach them the quick way which ends up hurting the patients. The employees are treated like they mean nothing and get no recognition for the things they do. The company kept bringing on more business when they didn't have enough staff to do the job they were already doing. Hence the long days and weeks. Wouldn't recommend this job to save your life. Not worth the stress at all! I would have rather worked at a fast food place than here. Keep searching for a different job and please don't even consider this company. They will be shutting their doors in the near future if they keep running the business like they are.
Cons
long days, no advancement, not an equal/fair company
A great place to work with great focus on customer satisfaction
Shift team leader (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHJune 9, 2013
Received calls from customers with delivery or product issues. Problem solved their problems and came up with solutions for complete customer satisfaction. I worked management on a daily basis on ideas how to improve. It was hard coming up with solutions with limited resources. It was very enjoyable being able to hang up the phone knowing the customer was getting their money worth and more.
Pros
modeld new products before they came out.
Cons
compensation
Remedi
Product Manager & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2015
My company has the latest technology in daily dispensing. I've had the opportunity to develop, implement and train the staff in the latest technology. I have opened several pharmacies across several states and I've had the opportunity to develop new policies and procedures for multiple programs. I enjoy being part of sales and operations as well as business development. Anything can be accomplished in a small period of time. That's what I love about my job.
Pros
Creativity, New development
Cons
Company instability. Constant change at the executive level.
Not recommended
Former Management (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 3, 2014
New, non-clinical leadership focus only on the dollar, long hours, high stress, always in crisis. Poor service. Bad technology. Poor management and no regard for employees. High turn over.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
high stress, your reputation may suffer
All work and no play
Claims/Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHAugust 10, 2014
A typical day includes working at least 10 hours per day. Setting up newly and readmitted residents from Nursing Homes and Assisted Livings into the system. I only add their basic information including name, date of birth, social security, doctor, room number, address, and their insurance information including medicare and medicaid. It also includes adjudicating rejected claims from insurance whether they are requiring prior authorization, refill to soon, or not payable by insurance or medicaid. Along with that, I also run test claims for future fills of medications since some homes are billed at the end of the month so trying to find out if prior authorization is required is some thing I try to be proactive about to have the doctor get done ahead of time if they are not going to change the medication. There is a wide range of people who work at the company as you see at most place. There are those who stay and make sure everything is caught up and done before leaving so the next shift is set-up for the day. They have those who come and do their time and leave, along with those you come just for the money and don't work at all and aren't really sure what they are doing and don't ask questions on things as well. There is no training program when hiring new people which has caused multiple errors setting up accounts, billing medications, and causing a few people to leave as well since they were unhappy not knowing what they were doing. The hardest part of the job is when trying to get medications sent out and I can't get a hold of a nurse at the facility for approval for something  more... or needing to double check information on someone. It is also hard when processing claim rejects and an insurance plan denies giving a claim override but you know it is available because every other person you have dealt with before has given it to you. There have been multiple changes to how we do our processes for admissions, prior authorizations, and run routes out the door. All decisions are made from management and corporate with out the opinion of the people who have to do the every day tasks. By them doing this, it causes major problems down the long run and actually more problems then needed if things were left as is since we never had angry nurses or doctors before. The most enjoyable part of the job is most of the people on my actual shift. Getting along, getting help, and enjoying the company of the people you have to be around day in and out every day, 10 hours a day for 5 days a week is always a plus. Management isn't the easiest to talk to as times when there is an issue that arises. Depending on the situation and the department depends on who you need to talk to for things to get fixed. Each department head for the most part also has their favorites as well. Management never works weekends or holidays and never picks-up extra hours to cover if someone calls in sick. Not all managers know how to work in their own departments either, which causes problems when coverage is needed because that is why the would never be able to fill-in if they couldn't fine someone else to.  less
Pros
summer cook and christmas dinner provided by company, a select few times of ice cream days, smoothie day once a year, nfl day once a year, hawaiian day once a year
Cons
no eating at your desk, always on overtime, work every 3rd-4th weekend, always taking on new homes but not reassuring current homes are happy or there is enough staff, raises are frozen, no bonuses
Great Learning Experience
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VASeptember 26, 2014
The job itself is fulfilling. Working along with nurses, doctors and pharmacists to ensure each resident at our long term care facilities is taken care of gives me the sense of purpose I strive for. I've learned a lot about order entry and the many different drugs that are available in the pharmacy industry. This is a growing company, and in the process of growing organization and stability have not yet been achieved. I have, however, been able to cultivate a few strong relationships with incredible technicians and pharmacists that are or have been employed there. The hardest part of the job is simply enduring the day to day stress that comes along with disorganization and preferential treatment. The best part of the job is knowing that you've made a difference in someone's life each and every day.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks, chaotic interpersonal environment
Good place for overtimes
Pharmacy Technician (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHMay 28, 2015
They need a lot of staffs to complete their thousand orders a day but they never have enough people so you can have several OT hours per day.This is a good place to start earning you experience
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
super busy
stressful atmosphere
PHARMACIST - IN - CHARGE/ DIRECTOR OF ORDER ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMay 22, 2013
innovative in developing technology
top heavy in management positions
Cons
need higher emphasis on training of staff on innovations
Great place to work if you don't mind constantly being aggressively dismissed via telephone.
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJune 16, 2014
Your typical telemarketing or telecommunications job. Pays pretty good.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
no health benefits, not a real form of steady employment.
I pack, fill RX run Paxit,
pharmacy tech (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHJanuary 27, 2015
I LEARNED LOT OF THINGS IN MY Remedi senior care. My all co-worker are good .we help each other if somebody have any problem. i don't think any hardest part of my job..i worked 9-10 hours a day. i enjoy my job. i love my job.but that too far .that's why i want something close.
Pros
every month we have free lunch and every week we have something different like ice cream, fruit etc
Cons
we have one hour lunch and two 15 mintue breaks
An innovative company with disruptive technology
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2013
A start up company trying to create an identity.
New management from the CIO, COO, SVP HR, etc.
The first in the LTC industry to utilize LEAN methodologies.

2.9