Remedy Intelligent Staffing

Remedy Intelligent Staffing Employee Reviews

HSBC a wonderful and enjoiable place to work
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJanuary 24, 2015
When I was assigned at HSBC Bank USA as a Part-time temporary employee . I started my typical day processing retail applicants for future mortgage holders and archiving individuals processed files.
Every six months I would advanced in my job. I later advanced to Contacting Customers, Preparing and Submitting Appraisals to Customers and Lawyers, Processing Commitment Letters, Verifying Credit Reports and Closing Mortgage Account.

I really enjoyed my Supervisors, they helped my growth in the position. They provide me with so much education and advancement at HSBC. They started me off making $9.00 per hour and after 2 years of working there they gave me a $1.00 raise every six months. By the time I left HSBC, I was making $12.00 per hour. They offered me a full-time position, unfortunately I was attending college full-time and could only work a part-time position to help with my college funding.

The hardest part about the job was the heavy work load. Sometime, we would process over 40-50 applications and commitment letters per night. There were times that, we would work from 4:00pm until 12 or 1am in the morning. HSBC required that all boxes were empty, before leaving at night.

I really enjoyed working at HSBC as a temporary employee, the staff was very friendly and gave lot of guidance to all the employees. I think the thing I enjoyed most are the Birthday and the Christmas parties, the promotions and the raises.
Pros
lots of parties, free food and cafeteria and vending machines on site, off site christmas parties with free photos, food and drinks, security and enjoyible staff
Cons
long hours, heavy work loads
Hot And Busy
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 4, 2015
Depending on what kind of truck you are loading, you may use different tools to get the job done. The first thing you should have though is a set of rollers or a platform of some sort for large objects or so the packages will be able to come to you easier without having to run back and forth. Another option for smaller jobs is having at least 2 people to help you, so one can be stationary inside the truck and the other two can form a line to move packages to you for stacking.

Another tool you will probably need is some straps or some kind of retainer to keep the packages from crashing about into the empty spaces. If you have bungee cords, load straps or retaining bars this can solve that problem. Bungee cords can be found almost anywhere. In fact, every time I clean out my garage I find at least 13 or more. They are good for strapping up fastening items in trucks without rooves. Load straps are harder to come by though. A load strap usually has three straps running vertically with locking utensils on the end of each strap to attach or hook to the walls of the truck and three straps running horizontally in a net form. Most commercial shippers use load straps. Retaining bars are usually a last resort because the don't provide much protection against falling packages. A retaining bar is basically a piece of metal that can be stretched out from one wall of the truck to another and fastened tight to both walls.
Remedy Recruiters are the Worst!
Previous possible candidate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2014
I've been unemployed for months after being laid off from a great paying job. Upon registering with remedy in February, I was sent on one interview in early March, which I did not get the job. My only alternative per my recruiter was a short term contract job for only $9, which I declined. After that, I continued to keep in touch with my recruiter (not everyday but at least once a week) via email but received no response. After several weeks of that, I called into the office and requested if I could be assigned to a different recruiter. Upon hanging up, guess who decided to email me?? Lol that was the last I heard from her! Now May, An entire month later I called the office and my "recruiter" answered the phone, when I told her who I was she immediately became rude with the nastiest tone! Literally saying "she feels a certain way towards me after I complained about her lack of response.... she cant just create a work order. She can't help if I didn't get the job she sent me on". (Which was 2 months ago). I just interrupted her saying "Thank you for your time" and she hung up in my face! Basically If you make any complaint, you're on the black list to not get help with a job!
Pros
everything is done on initial interview, including background and drug test
Cons
lack of response from recruiters, poor customer service
Good pay but Long hours
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 18, 2012
My day at work at Precious Plate through Remedy Staffing consisted of, taking over of whichever plating line I was assigned to, talking to the previous shift line operator to find out about trouble spots, checking the plating baths amperage levels, chemical levels, refilling of chemicals as needed, loading and unloading of spools of material on both ends of the line, taking sample strips to Quality Control, once a spool was is cleared by the QC I would take it to the shipping and recieving department to be wrapped and get ready to ship back to the customer. I learned many things while working for this company. First and foremost was how to plate one metal onto another. Next was how to setup a line and get it ready to have the plating baths filled and with what chemicals in which order they had to be in. Then was how to connect the pumps to the baths and run the piping to each stage in the plating process. Management at this job was okay to work for other than the long hours that they had us work. My co-workers were good people and knew what they were talking about if you had a question. The hardest part of this job were the long hours, 12-15 hour days, 6-7 days a week, upto 13 days straight. The most enjoyable part of this job was the pay check and the people that I worked with.
Pros
paychecks, people i worked with
Fun Learing about Various Countries and Health Insurance
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 8, 2015
Went to work in the Foreign Claims department. Entered any Claims that came in Only from other Countries. These claims were the Originals, so we could get between 20 and 40 pages worth of Medical bills and Prescriptions from Providers or Patients. I do Not speak another Language, but I went through extensive training on how to use Translation sites, or if all fails, send our information to a Translator within company for additional help. I began really learning certain words in a foreign language, that I could recognize and determine what to enter based off information. I had to provide Diagnosis codes and CPT and HCPS codes, write letters, added Multiple bills and Prescriptions and entered them line per line in system which could take 2 hours for one claim with ex: 200 lines of Reimbursements or Payment owed, and Translated Foreign Currency into U.S. dollars.
Pros
love the work i had to do.
Cons
management and supervisors were severely undertrained.
steady simple job with nice approachable people
general floor worker (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GAJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of me basically on the one of the final assembly lines. Some days i had to go where ever i was needed. we had three breaks, two- ten minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. When the day came to an end we had to make sure our work areas were clean. I learned the importance of being on time to a job, especially if you want to keep it. I also learned how to work in a group of people with a wide age range. The management at remedy was good for the most part, we had production leaders who oversaw the team leaders who oversee the workers and make sure we are doing what we are supposed to be doing. My co- workers were very friendly, if you are new you will probably have a couple of friends by lunch. The hardest part of the job is moving around to different parts of the plant. You have to learn a new job and see how that lines operates in order to keep up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee luncheons that we had.
Pros
free luncheons, friendly staff
Cons
short breaks
You will find a job thats the most important thing.
Various Customer Service Functions- I (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 1, 2015
I can honestly say if you want to work they will put you to work. Finding a job was never a problem. What was a problem was anything that didn't involve the job. I was dinged because I needed to take my children to have a physical before starting school in a new state. I applied before I arrived in Nebraska to get the ball rolling on finding a position. I flew in wednesday night. Had an interview Thursday morning. I was told that I had the job on friday morning and actually started the job on Monday. I can say that was great but anything that you need to do during business hours is a no go. Even coming in early or staying late to complete your work isn't good enough. Insurance and benefits were terrible.

SN: Stay away from Bank of the West they work you like a dog and want to pay almost nothing in return.
Pros
You will find a job pretty fast
Cons
They don't care how you are treated as long as you show up
Positive temp to hire position with Cox Communications
Systems Dispatch temp (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 24, 2013
Systems Dispatch temp to hire
Monitored for outages in telephone, data and video systems, using various monitoring programs. Assigned technicians to outage area. Task included tracking progress of outage repair. Assisted technician with problem resolutions and contacting the proper agencies as needed.

All new computer systems were new to me,
Management was great, professional, and helpful.
Co-workers easy to get along with and very helpful when I needed help.
Learning new programs, feeling I was doing a great service for others.
Hardest part of the job is when there were outages, I had to stay at work until everything was resolved, lots of overtime, late at night since I worked the second shift.
Most enjoyable part was teamwork.

When job assignment was over I was hired for another position in the company. I received an award from Remedy Staffing as Employee of the month, with a plack and flowers.
Pros
was finally going to be hired for a full time job.
Cons
late hours after 10:00 pm when there were outages that needed to be resolved.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2012
A day at work is basically coming in and be prepared to work your hours without complainants and sitting. You've come to learn about all the different assembly lines of which you may be working each day sometimes varies.Handling glass bottles, packaging ordered items which weighs from maybe 25 lbs to 50 lbs. Putting in inserts, making boxes, doing inventory on bottles for video. People can come in on a worst day but you will leave with a smile. Everyone helps everyone no matter what the case maybe because it's "teamwork." Its a family away from your actually one. A home away from home. The facility is clean and well-rounded. I mostly enjoy the company of my co-workers and the hard work I'm putting into what I do. Hardest is not being able to sit and someone who doesn't want to help you.
Pros
safe environment
Cons
working for long periods of time without sitting
Seriously a temporary position
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  NorthsideMay 8, 2014
The overall experience was less than adequate for my needs. Understand I have never worked for a temp agency before. The management team/office staff are not helpful in following through on their promises. The job itself is easy to acquire if you are at the right place at the right time. I have had no success in acquiring work since January with them even when I am qualified for positions they have offered. I am not certain of the in's and out's for this type of employment , but do not recommend either of their offices. I have made multiple attempts to follow up with them to no avail. The staff is professional, no chance for advancement AT ALL, compensation is below average and they lack knowledge to assist employees. Pretty much an employment mill with no regard to sincere workers or their needs.
Pros
flexible scheduling choices
Cons
no follow up-poor mangement and unknowledgeable staff/insincere
Need For Improvment
Cart Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2014
A day at work is the mandatory routine that enables I and my company to build a foundation for further inquires to branch themselves into a franchise and have more mobility to help regions across the board win success at honest humane services. I have learned that the more that I have had new handlers the more interpersonal remedies I should accustom to too strive for efficient working purposes to ladder more heights for our working class world to party unialgal. The obligations of the job as collective inventory are highly optimal towards the management, co management, and the stationed supervisors at unit department. Our leadership will leave open a new gate for fraternal members and further caste to well improvement at the consultation as well as the court for all bridges of function.
Pros
hours of recline, assembly, coventry, and the distance location of workers faculty.
Cons
shorter tolerance from supervisors, unnecessary warranty, and utterance in coaching.
Extremely fortunate
Special Project (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 2, 2013
It's a must to stay busy and when needed take the iniative and ask for additional work they enjoy someone that wants to help rather than hinder, I learned the importance of products beening delivered with in a certain time before experation dates,how important it is to stay alert and be safe because of high traffic of machines needed and the dangers that follow, my co-workers where like me on a temporary assignment trying to do a good job in order to make another paycheck,the hardest part was trying to fill large orders with no warning or heads up, the most enjoyable part was knowing I'd work a full week regardless of weather conditions outside.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
short breaks, management shifting blame, totally under appreciated, high turn over rate.
Not a good experience
Nothing (Former Employee) –  jacksonville FlOctober 1, 2013
If you're not settling for any job they offer you then you're pretty much dead meat someone I know inquired about a specific job and was told it wasn't available because they wouldn't accept a job thrown at them let's be honest we all know the job market is hard and so do they but when asked to submit resumes and job skills it's a waste of time because they're not placing u on jobs based on that they're placing u on jobs to make their quotes and help theirselves yeah it's good they give jobs but no honesty and before you open your mouth you're already placed in certain job wrong they shouldn't judge a book by the cover
Pros
gives the people who just don't care an oppurtunity for employment
Cons
untrustworthy, and liars
Easy, clean work
Assemble/Med/Cleanroom/Inspect/Laser Etching (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAOctober 11, 2013
Great at finding a high paying job, which I needed to pay my own heath insurance.

Was not expected to be laid off first as I did whatever job I was asked at the best of my ability and faster with less errors than most.

Believe I was laid off because of the "slower" people that I usually worked with, and felt that unfair.

People that were kept, feel asleep on the machines, told bosses they did not want to do some work and raised their voices to some of the lower management-and got away with it.
Pros
free pizza every 3 months if we flled our quota.
Cons
long term temp work--no inxurance good at this state and company itself really did not hire people
Worst Staffing Company in Lexington!!!
None.. (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 11, 2014
This is the 2nd time I have tried to go through Remedy Staffing in Lexington...same results. maybe it is just me but, I thought agencies worked with you on your job skills, listened to your needs and then tries to meet those needs. Big joke there. they offer you positions they know you don't qualify for or something that doesn't meet your needs. Then they never call you back if you turn it down..its like they just want a body placed so they can get paid. I have been trying to call and email them regarding other jobs they have posted and no one will return my calls. I had the same situation two years ago when I tried to go through them. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy!!
Cons
definitely a con job....
The assignment I was placed in through Remedy Staffing a decent position, however, my direct supervisor made my day to day work experience unbearable.
Member services representative assisting (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2015
Throughout my day I would generally process Power of Attorney documents with my team of 4 other members for members of CVS Caremark Medicare Part D. However, if the Incoming Correspondence Team was in need of assistance we would help them open, sort, and prep live mail, share drive, faxes, and other various forms of mail. I learned the different regulations for each state's Power of Attorney documents to be considered valid. I also learned how to operate various programs on the computer. Some of my coworkers were pleasant, however, my direct supervisor made my days very difficult to enjoy. I really liked learning the different regulations, doing research, and processing the documents.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
No benefits
I could always count on them to find me a long term assignment without waiting too long.
Machine Operator/Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 8, 2014
Every assignment given, I was told all of the requirements of the job, the pay, the shift, and duration of the job. The decision was always given to me to except or reject the offer. I like the fact that they did not take it personally if you rejected the position. They were diligent in trying to find something that you might like to do. The hardest part when working for them was the time of the year when jobs are scarce and you have to wait several weeks for jobs to become available. I enjoyed working for them because they always tried to give me jobs that paid well or had an opportunity to be hired on permanently.
Pros
always tries to find jobs that you maybe interested in doing.
Cons
job market dictates the availability of good paying jobs.
First day of work experince.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 6, 2015
The afternoon shift started at 2:00pm -10:30pm
my job was to unpack clothing and place them on hangers tally up each set of clothing item per boxes, check prices to make sure they were accurate, if not mark the right prices, check clothing for wears and tears. management were slacking, goofing around, they were not serious about working or showed interest in doing their job, co-workers were very hard workers,Trained workers did not do basic training of new employers, they did not show enthusiasm for work or that they were willing to work. I had the most trouble learning how to do the work, everyday was different places different jobs to do. I did not enjoy working at this warehouse
Cons
less trainers, unexperinced workers
Remedy Review
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2014
Perfectly honest, a normal work day feels pretty standard. As long as you put in work and focus on you, everything is good! But there is no real sealed deal that you would get hired with the company. Thought this does depend on whether hey have positions open to hire. Though I have heard that some individuals were told that they could become 'full-time permanent' at so-and-so but never follows through. Best thing is to just be frank and let them know your skills, what you are following far and etc.
Pros
they will try to assist you if you have situations at home that might interfere with work/life;
Cons
no promise that if you were to get hired that you would be with the company, you could just be 'with remedy';
your average run of the mill staffing company
packer (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCOctober 4, 2014
remedy was the staffing company I worked for when I was hired on to advance pierre foods its not the worst place in the world to work for but if I was being watched by a judge id have to say ive seen some pretty crooked onsite managers work for this company , im not saying its the company's fault the managers just became power crazy thinking they could get away with certain things that a proper business man or woman wouldn't take a risk on doing . my duties were basically to pack sandwiches into the box put them on the conveyor belt and keep my work area clean .
Pros
its a job
Cons
poor managment