Remington Arms Employee Reviews

Non realistic expectation of employees
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ilion, NYSeptember 24, 2016
Upper management requires impossible answers to impossible questions. Push you to push employees only to side with the union 9/10 times. Management has zero home life and when they hire they hire based on 9 hour days but then require no less than 12 hours a day with scheduled meetings requiring you to stay. Very toxic atmosphere.
Pros
Decent compensation
Cons
Healthcare, home life, stress
Good place for a hard worker and good over time
700 builder (Current Employee) –  Ilion, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Not a bad place to work I would recommend it if you like to work. You have to work well with others and like to get your hands dirty
Been a solid job for almost 20 years.
Several (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYSeptember 1, 2016
Allowed me to learn and advance knowledge in several manufacturing areas. Did not feel that pay reflected work ethic and advancement well.
fast paced hardworking enviorment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hickory, KYAugust 30, 2016
go to the specific line that the supervisor told me.
i learned how to assemble an entire Remmington 783 riffle for all calibers. i aslso learned how to build all the SARF guns including papoose guns.
Pros
free coffee
Productive and hard work but very worth
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lonoke, ARJuly 15, 2016
We got paid good. The bosses were helpful and friendly we worked 40 plus hours it is hard work but very worth the time being there and plus it had good insurance for eye,dental and medical needs.
Pros
2 break everyday
Cons
Hot in some areas
Engaging work experience
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, KYJune 4, 2016
I've enjoyed working at Remington. I have learned a lot about manufacturing while being employed here. Working with the engineers and maintenance techs to keep the plant going on a daily basis has been a challenge that I have looked forward to every day.
safe and great place to work
Staff mark (Former Employee) –  Lonoke, ARMay 26, 2016
it was fun. how to make bullets.was great. the way everyone worked as a team to get great products out in a safe manner!!! it was hot! safety!
Pros
safe invirment
Productive and Exciting Workplace
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Lonoke, ARMarch 31, 2016
Outstanding place of employment. Great technology, great employees equals a top notch environment. Utilized my skills and meshed with their requirements, a great product was achieved.
Great experience, poor management
Senior Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, KYFebruary 3, 2016
I love working at my job, and learning everyday. The management though does things and makes decisions that are completely too irrational for the normal person.
Like a small town with kind people since it employs 1200+ employees
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lonoke, AROctober 8, 2015
Equipment their was built pre World War 2. Place is falling apart. And considering the profit the plant makes you would assume they would invest into the future.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Mismanaged and new owners wanting to earn their invesments back quickly, instead of investing in the companies future.
Workplace
Crib Attend - Inv Control Clerk/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Ilion, NYSeptember 19, 2015
Great place to work! Great Management, clean safe environment! Company has been around for almost 200 years hopefully 200 more!
Cons
Working third shift!
Good experience
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, NCSeptember 18, 2015
Work here since a few months. Everyone is really nice. Learned a lot about about firearms. Great hours of operation. The afternoons are usually not so busy.
Great business expect no time with family
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lonoke, ARSeptember 17, 2015
Fast pace job learned how to work on machines operate machines and make greatest ammunition.Management was great all even though they rather pay you for your days off and never give u a personal day unless you have worked their for 4 to 5 years.Coworkers were very helpful always trying to push you to either be the best or do all the work either way you will learn very fast. Hardest part of my job was never being able to spend time with the family most times working 7 days of the week or at least 6.The most enjoyable was getting make ammunition and getting very good discounts on their products
Pros
cheap ammuntion
Cons
Great benfits and healthcare even onsite
Good work environment, Good management within the plant. Job future and plant stability questionable.
Preventative Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYSeptember 14, 2015
Valued my position at Remington. Co workers within my department worked well together. Pay and benefits in my department were conducive to a quality life balance. However many employees lost their jobs with no notice due to plant wide layoff. Much of the company's manufacturing has moved to another state.
Pros
Good pay and benefits within maintenance department.
Cons
long term job security very questionable.
well
pmpd (Former Employee) –  Ilion, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Great company to work for. Great benefits . People are very friendly and help you out. Great team work. I learned a lot of neat things about guns and how they worked.
working your life away with no time off
Priming Technician (Current Employee) –  lonoke arkansasJune 9, 2015
excellent pay and benefits, but working 6-7 days a week 8-12 hours with no time for family isn't how I want to live. a lot of mandatory overtime because management will not fully staff so you're automatically set up for failure
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
no time off working 6-7 days a week
Company cannot be trusted at their word
Industrial electrician (Current Employee) –  Lonoke, ARMay 26, 2015
Employees miserable from conditions employers put on them from changing shifts like crazy, from making them work everyday and not having a day off. Employees hired for one shift but then hired and put on another.
The people are great and the environment is okay, but the job is stressful and leaves little time for family.
MACHINE ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Lonoke, ARApril 15, 2015
Change over plates on the machine to setup for the types of shells being run. Make sure you graphite the rails, fill up the hopper, empty scrap pan, keep track of track, fill out audit sheet to display the amount of shell that were inspected, types of scrap material disposed of, and the variety of defects found. Inspect primed shells for external/internal defects. Notify quality of any problem areas and change out plates between dumps if necessary. Be sure to tag every cart with a tracer ticket to help in keeping track of the process order and switch buggies every time a different brand of shell is being run to prevent having mixed carts. Place tickets (tracer, hold-up, release, mrp, etc) to ensure all steps are completed and the log can be updated. Clean up your area and notify relief person of any issues.
Pros
Great people, decent environment, fair pay, valuable work experience
Cons
hot, dusty, little chance of career advancement, and lack of flexibility in your work schedule.
Ok place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ilion, NYMarch 23, 2015
Liked the job for the first half, after that job got boring quickly and opportunities where there but are no longer there. They are in the process of leaving NYS because of Andrew Cuomo.
Productive Employee
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at work is identifying problems and working with Quality Engineer to resolve and maintain quality.
I have obtained a wealth of knowledge. Learning to use several instruments like calipers, micrometers, CMM Operator, SAP system, sharepoint. etc
* Management is very well professional and works will with everyone. Always encouraging everyone to get involve and assisting if you want to advance to different departments.
* Coworkers are a pleasure to work with. We all get along and take care of one another. We definitely work well as a team.
*The hardest part of the job is I say is not having the product you need to work with. Sometime its back order and our customers need a particular item and our vendors can't provide us with it. It causes a stir and stressful day.
*The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to come to work daily with a smile on my face and having a job to come to and really enjoy the people and the company I work for.