Remington Arms Employee Reviews

Company cannot be trusted at their word
Industrial electrician (Current Employee), Lonoke, ARMay 26, 2015
Employees miserable from conditions employers put on them from changing shifts like crazy, from making them work everyday and not having a day off. Employees hired for one shift but then hired and put on another.
The people are great and the environment is okay, but the job is stressful and leaves little time for family.
MACHINE ATTENDANT (Current Employee), Lonoke, ARApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great people, decent environment, fair pay, valuable work experience
Cons: hot, dusty, little chance of career advancement, and lack of flexibility in your work schedule.
Change over plates on the machine to setup for the types of shells being run. Make sure you graphite the rails, fill up the hopper, empty scrap pan, keep track of track, fill out audit sheet to display – more... the amount of shell that were inspected, types of scrap material disposed of, and the variety of defects found. Inspect primed shells for external/internal defects. Notify quality of any problem areas and change out plates between dumps if necessary. Be sure to tag every cart with a tracer ticket to help in keeping track of the process order and switch buggies every time a different brand of shell is being run to prevent having mixed carts. Place tickets (tracer, hold-up, release, mrp, etc) to ensure all steps are completed and the log can be updated. Clean up your area and notify relief person of any issues. – less
Ok place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ilion, NYMarch 23, 2015
Liked the job for the first half, after that job got boring quickly and opportunities where there but are no longer there. They are in the process of leaving NYS because of Andrew Cuomo.
Productive Employee
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at work is identifying problems and working with Quality Engineer to resolve and maintain quality.
I have obtained a wealth of knowledge. Learning to use several instruments like calipers, – more... micrometers, CMM Operator, SAP system, sharepoint. etc
* Management is very well professional and works will with everyone. Always encouraging everyone to get involve and assisting if you want to advance to different departments.
* Coworkers are a pleasure to work with. We all get along and take care of one another. We definitely work well as a team.
*The hardest part of the job is I say is not having the product you need to work with. Sometime its back order and our customers need a particular item and our vendors can't provide us with it. It causes a stir and stressful day.
*The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to come to work daily with a smile on my face and having a job to come to and really enjoy the people and the company I work for. – less
GREAT TIME WITH COWORKERS
Fusion Braze/Inspector (Former Employee), Ilion, NYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management
LIKED MY JOB AND MY COWORKERS. WOULD HAVE SEEN MY SELF WORKING HERE FOR A LONG TIME IF IT WASNT FOR THE LAY OFFS. THE PAY IS THE BEST IN THE AREA. THE WORK IS EASY.
Good place to work.
Manager of Supply Chain Finance (Current Employee), Madison, NCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good people and benefits.
Remington is a good place to work. The people are friendly and you can see so many aspects of the company in any position.
I have learned more about manufacturing in this position than I have in any other positions I've held previously.
There's never been a boring moment at work.
Work hard and long hours
Centerfire Priming Technician (Former Employee), Lonoke, ARJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the pay and benefits were excellent
Cons: we worked so much that we didn't get much of a home life
I cleaned and maintained priming machines for production. This was a different career path for me and my first factory job. I loved working on the machines and the pace of production that was required of us. Everyday I saw a new problem and really enjoyed fixing the issue in order for the machine to perform correctly again.
productive and busy place of employment
Parts Expediter (Former Employee), Ilion, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Remington Arms was a good place of employment for me. There was room for advancing which is something I am looking for. I was able to learn multiple job functions in many different areas. The other employees were easy to get along with and we worked well together.
Consistent and busy workplace
Machine Operator - Dehoff (Former Employee), Hickory, KYJanuary 13, 2015
Being the owner of several firearms getting to work at Remington was quite an experience. Having some previous knowledge in running cnc machines and equipment it didnt take long for me to acclimate to the work environment. I was constantly busy and as such made for an enjoyable work day. Again, the supervisors were fairly laid back and let me work as much as I wanted.
No comment
Former Employee (Former Employee), Lonoke, ARDecember 20, 2014
Pros: in interesting place to work. they make things that go boom!
Cons: upper management was not truthful to pacify employees temporarily.
Individuals in management stated our jobs were secure during "all hands" meetings then reduce the workforce two days later.
That being said, it was a wonderful place to work. My department was busy but – more... we had good communication and, with the exception of a few, we worked well together. Individual department supervisors were for the most part very fair and it was easy to understand their expectations. There are hundreds of different products to learn and each is different in its own way. The learning curve is steep because of the volume but it is very interesting. – less
Not a bad company, just worthless management
Senior Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Ilion, NYDecember 16, 2014
Management only cares about pumping out numbers, regardless of quality. Which is why they are now having so many guns recalled and running into issues..
Excellent wages and benefits
Common TPA Assembly (Former Employee), ilion,NyDecember 2, 2014
Very repetitive manufacturing job, but easily understood.
worked as a machinest, good repor with co-workers. was layed off due to shift closure. I never missed a day of work while there.
Machinist (Current Employee), Hickory, KYDecember 1, 2014
Sad that plant had a shift lay off. I was happy with my pay and job. I learned about machine technology daily. read blueprints. Hardest part was meeting production due to machine change overs. Most enjoyable was the fact that I was building a good product, time studies I was choose to do. Working with co- workers.
good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ilion, NYNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good wage and benefits
Cons: poor job security
days became stressful recently with constant concerns with job stability(layoffs)
I learned how to operate various machines
management at times seemed willing to sacrifice quality in exchange for production
the hardest part of the job was constantly having to adjust to changing plans on a daily basis
I became friends with and enjoyed working with many of my co-workers
Okay place to work
Floor Coordinator (Former Employee), Lonoke, AROctober 20, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: too small
Good place to work if you like helping people get out of binds.
Great long standing tradional Company!
Inventory Control/Machine Operator, Brazer (Current Employee), Ilion, NYOctober 19, 2014
There is always some new job skills to learned everyday. With changing times there is amazing opportunities to learn new skills. There really is not any part of job that is "hard". The most enjoyable part of job is working with your hands and creating!
decent job
General Forging Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ilion, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: fun an enjoyable place to work
Cons: laid of out of the blue
typical day at work consisted of setting up machines in a timely manner, running parts an making sure the area was clean at the end of the shift
Productive and fun place to work
INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Lonoke, ARSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: i may have had over-time, but no benefits, no insurance
Cons: no health care and worked through a temp service.
I worked on plate loader and member of the safety committee. loved the over-time.
Busy
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Lonoke, ARJuly 22, 2014
Being a supervisor in the centerfire bullet area is difficult and requires a lot of hard work.
fair
warehouse worker / fulltime (Former Employee), memphisJuly 17, 2014
a typical day at work is fair and productive. I learn how to re-plen quicker. management was fair. my co workers was good. there was no hard part at these job. most enjoyable part was pay day