Remington College

Remington College Employee Reviews

Worst Career Move Ever
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2015
This job is great part time, but terrible for full time instructors. The split shift makes you feel like you're working two jobs. We do not have paid sick leave and there is no compensation or opportunity for professional development. Instructors are not consulted regarding textbooks (the one for my class is outdated & irrelevant). But the local upper management is very supportive and more student-centered than previous superiors.
Pros
Off most Fridays
Cons
Split shift, cost of insurance, recruiting students who are not serious about education, failing to inform students about options regarding transferring to a 4 year institutions
Student Helpdesk Technician
Student Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2015
Provided networking/desktop support and perform mainframe and
account maintenance tasks. Earned commendations for teamwork,
flexibility and work excellence in providing IT support to students
and faculty.
Researched, diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software
issues in accordance with established service level agreements for
students and the factually.
Acted as an information source to answer users technical questions,
following up and giving instructions as needed.
Provided training to users in the use of hardware and software we
support.
Set up equipment for users, performing or ensuring proper
installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
Installed and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and
peripheral equipment.
Interesting work with interesting people
Student Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 2, 2015
I loved working here but towards the end it got to be a bit too much for me. There are lots of office politics and the SFS department is mostly treated poorly, even though they're doing the most work to actually earn the company money... People were awesome, but only within the department itself... Work was very easy, but the student's were mostly unhappy and did not want to be there.
Wonderful Place to work
Medical Billing & Coding Allied Health Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 24, 2015
Wonderful environment and coworkers. I have gained a lot of experience and knowledge working here at Remington College.
Great learning environment. Friendly ,respectable and safe place of business
Process Technician Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 17, 2015
Lesson Plans , Daily assignments and Homework assignments are already complete to give to students. Review Objectives, and lecture and Review Subject. How to interact with the students and learn how they learn. Class starts at 8:00 am and give 10minute breaks after 45minutes. Show videos for those who have different learning abilities. I am a team player with my fellow co-workers we get together to discuss various students progress and work with them. The make up days when weather is concerned the students have to come in to class when they are originally off its the hardest to deal with because majority of them do not show up but as an instructor I am in the class no matter what. When the students can give me some feedback on what they have retained and the tests at the end of the week the scores are great. I love when the students come to class and say they have driven by the plant and can identify the equipment as they drive by. Teaching and meeting the students as well as encouraging the students to do their best and to never quit.
job makes you feel good but compensation does not
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 11, 2015
I teach the Medical assistant program at a career college. The students can be challenging at times but they can also be a breath of fresh air
RC
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2015
the college no longer exists, and this was in the beginning of online classes, looking back, it was OK. We had a lot of freedom to develop our classes on blackboard platform. I id not have a chance to communicate very much with other professors.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
pay
Instructor (Current Employee) –  MemphisOctober 19, 2015
Good place to work, disorganized leadership. Very good programs, and excetional programs are offered to students to help them succeed in the work industry
Pros
Enjoy Instructing
Cons
Leadership
Don't even Bother
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Maple HeightsOctober 4, 2015
Corporate Management is condescending, rude and have a complete lack of care for their employees. Compensation was frozen for years, and they pulled the plug on 401k matching for a number of years. Do yourself a favor and run far, far away from this mess.

You've been warned!!!
Pros
Cons
Pick one
Call center
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo FloridaSeptember 24, 2015
Call center type of setting attempting to get students to sign up for classes.Can difficult because your employment with the company is based on how many students you bring in. No security
Pros
students
Cons
Crazy work hours. must memomorize presentation
School Is Closing
Campus Manager/Assistant Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Houston TXSeptember 17, 2015
The school is closing in a few weeks. The industry is tough right now. There are two schools remaining open in Houston. There is a North Houston and a South Houston Campus.
Pros
Very flexiable
Cons
Poor management;no benefits
A good environment to learn in.
Criminal Justice Instructor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2015
Remington provides a good environment to learn in because it provides real world instructors that not only understand the meaning of a good education, but know how to apply the skills that are being taught to the students. This provides the students with good roll models that can share their life experiences as well as the curriculum.
The most intense job I have ever had.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2015
Remington was a good job and I learned a lot. I dealt with different people and it was very interesting. It was an intense job but very rewarding.
GREAT Experience
MBC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 10, 2015
Teaching really is what you make it...it can be a great experience depending on your frame of mind. You have to be ready for whatever with a positive attitude and mind.

I enjoyed my time in the classroom at Remington College. The staff was GREAT. Management was also wonderful.
Great Place to work
Student stylist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 8, 2015
Give it great reviews. Great security for employment as well as learning environment. You just have to stay focused on your job and do the best you can regardless of your surroundings.
Pros
freindlyenvironment
Cons
some long days
okay place to work
Regional Director of Career Services (Promoted) (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 1, 2015
Worked with some great people. Used many of my skills and was able to work with good nurses and other staff members. People cared about the patients well being
Pros
Schedule
Cons
n/a
Highly Effective Post Secondary Institution
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 19, 2015
Offers several career based courses. Instructors are from the field and have high levels of educational backgrounds. Online, day and night classes are available.
Very supportive President most of the time
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 16, 2015
8:30 - 1:30 & 5:30-10:30 Monday through Thursday.

Hardest part of job was getting textbooks in prior to the start of classes. Overall this was a very enjoyable experience.
Great company to work for
Instructor (Former Employee) –  little rock arJuly 21, 2015
Awesome! I loved working for this company and teaching what I love to do best which is coding. Again, with is a good instructor to work with in Little Rock, AR.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Relax and helpful learning environment
Assistant Librarian - Federal Work Study Program (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 15, 2015
Assisting and tutoring students who needs help on whatever subject they need help on. Learned to be patient and helpful to others. Always teamwork with my co-workers, very helpful when my department is slow.