Remington College Employee Reviews

Remington
Dental Asst. Student (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Overall a good school. They try and work around your schedule by providing both evening and day classes. They offer various programs such as medical assisting, dental assisting and many others. They provide an small class setting so that you can have that undivided attention.
Basic Electricity Instructor
Basic Electricity Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 27, 2017
I was only there for a few months but really enjoyed my time there. I was lucky enough to teach in their Electronics program. The hours were a little rough but the students and facility were fantastic.
Great Experience
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2017
it was a great experience to pass along my talents but that was about it. Benefits and pay are not great. You are pretty much forced to work a split shift Monday-Thurs.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Not dependable
Very rewarding helping students
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 4, 2017
Helped and encouraged students to advance and further their educational and career for advancement. Helped students to better themselves for their families.
Pros
Watched students excel and advance.
Cons
Competetive
Student dedication was great, administrative changes were not a good fit for me or in alignment with my beliefs
Dental Hygiene Program Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2017
Overall the dental hygiene program was great, the students were fabulous! The faculty that I hired proved to be appreciative for the knowledge that I shared in regard to educational methodologies and a genuine vested interest in both the student's success as well as the faculty member's professional growth. Corporate changed the campus president and I found that the new executive administration, campus president was not in alignment with my values of the education process of dental hygiene.
Pros
Campus president support at the time I was hired, 100 percent pass rate.under my administration
Cons
Management changes at the corporate level
This is my dream come true!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 28, 2016
Meeting people, getting to understand their needs, communication, and doing the best I could. I learned that at the end of the day I did my best. People like I said are all different types, so I don't judge. The hardest part of the job is doing the best I could but it wasn't enough! The best part of the job is knowing that I did a good deed and felt good about it.
Remington College
Local Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 19, 2016
Remington College is a fine school with a sincere concern for their students. I was responsible for maintaining two Server 2008 servers and 380 nodes on a network with 500 users.
Pros
generous PTO
Cons
pay freeze
daily reading and writing, basketball and play time outside and arts and crafts
Medical Assisting (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2016
I would come in and greet the kids and then we will start our day either with story time or arts and crafts. every one enjoyed each other;s company. those kids were very happy and it was very happy to be around those kids. my co-workers were very happy and caring of others. the most enjoyable times i had there were putting a smile on those kids faces.
Keep Your Dignity
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 14, 2016
If you have to choose between poverty or working for Remington College, choose poverty at least you'll be able to keep your dignity. The administration at this school is a complete joke! The campus president consistently blames the instructors when ADULT students do not show up for class. We are told to be more engaging and 'wow them with our teach abilities'.

When I began I was not introduced to anyone, it seems that we have new faces almost monthly and I can go months without knowing who they are (if they stay that long). The administration does nothing to create a culture at the school. Some days the campus president will look at me and act like see me and then when some walks up right next to me he'll give them a bright and friendly hello.

Several people have been here for years because they truly love the students, and have yet to get a raise. The company charges on average 25K per student but some how can afford to update computers or give the faculty much deserved raises or cost of living increases.

The school also has no moral foundation or care when accepting students. I have come across several that can barely read or that are felons, and they are being told that they can get jobs in the medical field or criminal justice. I'm pretty sure that reading is a basic skill for any job and being a felony will more than likely keep you from being a police officer.
Pros
Students that actually care about getting an education
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Just did this one
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 14, 2016
You will see my review of this position a couple of screens back. In summary, it was not a good place to work. There reason for going non-profit is that many States were in the process of litigating against them.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Treatment of students
Open and Challenging
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2016
The organization allows for new open opportunities and challenges you with the existing workload. Challenges are always good for employee development. New leadership, new job culture and ability to be creative.
Pros
Fast Paced Schedules
Cons
Not enough new equipment.
It was a good place to work with nice break area.
Human Anatomy & Physiology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 29, 2016
Right place to work with good management and benefits.

Teaching several classes per week; with cooperative students and co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of my work was attending the graduation of my students.

There was not the hardest part in my teaching job, because I did enjoy my service to others.
Pros
At this place following the American holiday was very important.
Cons
There was benefits for full time and part time employees.
A great learning experience
Registrar / Student Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2016
While at Remington, I was able to work in multiple departments and learn different job responsibilities. The workload was tough, but I was challenged and learned a lot.
Demoralizing and demeaning leadership
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXNovember 2, 2016
The campus culture is the direct result of having one person in charge for too long. The President, Skip Walls has been in control for over 20 years. His tactics are intimidation to get employees to act in less than ethical ways while praising ethical tactics. This means no reasonable reason for students dropping is accepted...death, loss of residence, etc. Is accepted. If you do not meet his ideals...you are not doing your job. This company shifted from profit to nonprofit but it is about the numbers. The government should continue to investigate them. Their practices will eventually cause an implosion...but the people deserve justice. Tyrants deserve their day. The former Dean deserves redemption. Walls used him and now bad mouths him. Shameful. Pitiful for Walls. What will they do when they realize there is no back up plan for this dictator?
Pros
Pay...for some
Cons
Don't get used to the pay
N/a
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2016
Good pay, not so good benefits and hours. Good place to work. Needs more work within management. Will reconsider to go back to the school, but things need to change tremendously.
students
Instructor Medical Assistant Certification Program (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 2, 2016
the students are great, very energetic and wanting to learn and move forward in their lives
school offers varied opportunities
coworkers are helpful and friendly
Pros
to help others build new lives
Cons
job security
Overall , the job/program was fun and a life lesson
Student Stylist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 27, 2016
The experience I had at Remington College was lots of fun . The environment is very diverse and you meet lots of new people , as well as make friends. You make bonds with all of your clients , whether they are one time clients or loyal clients . Its amazing to wake up and go do a job that you love.
Pros
Tips from clients are very helpful, The instructors are there until you catch on, Early morning enegizers, and every month pot lucks
Cons
Short breaks, Pile up of clients, Drama, Favoritism, and Financial Aid issues
Adult Education
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2016
Assist with managing the Allied Health Department
BLS instructor
the hardest part of the job would be retention
the most enjoyable part of the job sometimes would be the students
Great place to work.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 15, 2016
Assisted and helped a lot of kids enroll in college. Learned that everyone at one time or the other needs a little push with a smile to be motivated. Job was eay because I enjoyed what I was doing.
Pros
Managements really cared.
No stability
Lab Assistant/Reenroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2016
One never knew what their work schedule was going to be from one day to the next. It made for a very difficult personal home life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Remington College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9