Remington College Employee Reviews

Cool
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 1, 2017
Overall its a cool place to work. There isn't many stressors, the no paid holidays is tough but its fair. This place has a niche if you single live close by them this is a great job for you.
Pros
Off 4 weeks a year
Cons
make up days and the 4 hour breaks when you full time in between class
Remington - Dallas
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 26, 2017
Terrible culture, terrible work-life balance, no paid federal holidays for full-time instructors, company tells you when you can take vacation, you don't get a choice in the matter.

There's a new CEO, so maybe it will get better.
No one really knows.
Pros
They could pay worse.
Cons
Too numerous to count.
only went to school.
Externship Duties (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 22, 2017
I only went to school for my Medical Assistant diploma . I did not work for this company . Therefore I really can't tell you anything about this company
Pros
Fast-pace
Cons
No Help after Graduation
Remington College
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 19, 2017
Not a good place as they work the employees like dogs. No chance for advancement, lousy supervisors, and just a toxic environment all around. Big bosses don't care about anything but themselves and generating profits for the company.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 16, 2017
Faculty and staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
They are also accessible at all times. Given the location of the Honolulu campus, the security there is very good.
Wouldn't recommend this company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 14, 2017
This company lacks vision. There is no incentive for the employees. The benefits are horrible and go up every year with no raises. The students are being robbed of a good education.
Great College
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2017
I had to evening classes that consist of different Medical Assistant History, Terminology, and Practical Training. My other classes was EKG, and X-Ray (Limited Scope).
Pros
Great Instructors
Cons
Little Rock Location Closed Down
I loved my teaching position
Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 28, 2017
I had the privilege of teaching students from all walks of life to become a Dental professional. I taught things within the curriculum that were discussed in the book but not covered in the mods that they should have been taught.

Hardest part of the position was getting ALL the skills into the teaching and when I needed a student to NOT do something due to unprofessional or not appropriate for a dental office ( ex: curse language) the director of education did not back me up.

I loved teaching my students and worked to build a good repore with them and make sure that they were ready as I could possibly get them for the workforce in Dentistry.
Overall get place to work
Student Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 26, 2017
Best full-time job I ever had
How to process financial aid
Management is firm but fair
Co-workers are great to work with
The hardest part of my job is going home
The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work
Pros
Jean day on Friday's
Cons
Healthcare is a little too expensive
Informative
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Effective in offering post-secondary education to non-traditional college students. Compliance-driven. Forward-thinking. The setting allows room for advancement, but is currently undergoing a re-evaluation of roles by executive management.
School closed
Director of Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Remington College - Jacksonville Campus - Closed Remington closed sometime in 2007. The school was a four year college and offered a number of different programs and courses.
Great Place to work. Great people worked with!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2017
Great Place to work. Great people worked with! I loved the president of the college, I enjoyed working there. I would go back if things where the same.
Productive and informative environment
Evening Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 11, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my job with Remington College and the learning experience. I enjoyed meeting new prospective students daily and learning about their desire to continue their education.
Pros
Free coffee, pop corn, drinks
In transition
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Remington College has a culture that is currently in transition. There are many amazing people who work there. The primary focus of this company is to help students graduate.
good
Adjunct Business Instructor (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 17, 2017
A lot of recent changes. Change can be good so will wait and see. I am optimistic that this will be a good thing. I am hoping for a positive outcome and growth mindset.
Competitive Compensation and great Culture
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Independent and self-motivating. I learned a lot through team building conferences and workshops. Positive culture was greatly appreciated. management was very supportive and encouraged advancement. The hardest part of the job was the development of assessments and grade submission process. The unannounced meetings were at times inconvenient. The most enjoyable experiences were team building events.
Pros
Team Building and value of employee input
Cons
Unannounced meetings with late notice
Productive and rewarding workplace.
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 10, 2017
Productive and rewarding workplace. Interact with a diversity of people. The hours were exactly what I was looking for. The pay was great. Received discounts at the school of cosmetology..
Pros
Worked independently
Cons
Shortage of parking spaces
Bittersweet
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2017
Love working with students, long hours, no raises, no advancement.

Job rewarding to see the light in the students eyes and to know you are making a difference in their life.

Sad to feel not appreciated as a vital part of the company, no reward there.

I continue to work because I want to be a pillar in the students lives to help them appreciate their full potential in life and to be a mentor and guide into their future.
A great place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 1, 2017
it's a great place to work.................the students are amazing. they really just want someone to be nice to them and just reminded that you understand a lot of what they are going through
Business Teacher
Department Chair for Retention (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2017
Excellent work environment. Staff fully supports goal of graduating students the learned skills and maturity needed in work place. Salary was commensurate with responsibilities
Pros
Fast paced, always learning, good promotion program
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Remington College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9