Remington Hotels Employee Reviews

Worst company ever - do not work here!
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2018
If I could give this company all zero stars I would. This company does not care about their employees whatsoever. It is all about numbers, numbers, numbers. If the property is not meeting scores they blame everyone under the management team when the management team is supposed to be the one guiding employees to take care of guests. This company does not like to promote within even if you've worked with the company for 2 plus years. If you want a career in hospitality DO NOT WORK for this company. You will go nowhere.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks, Extemely Low Pay
Great place to advance career
Property Controller (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Great job for accountant who like to work with numbers. Very challenging corporate office with lots of levels. Enjoyed the training I received from my task force acct.
Remington knows what they are doing.
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Great company, outstanding leadership, and I should have never left them. They always looked at the big picture and had the best interest of the employees at heart.
Good job to have.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VADecember 7, 2017
I love working here just wish there was more pay and/or benefits. It's very tiring with low ball pay. Work is less stressful when everyone works together, but overwhelming when you have to pick up the slack for others that are still working the same time or day you are.
Decent
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 23, 2017
Remington is a decent company to work for. I think that they should pay a little more attention to how their managers are reaching 5 drivers though, as some will step on the employees to get their just to be in the exclusive club. I absolutely LOVED working for Remington until the 5 driver hungry gm came along and played favorites to the ppl that would do what it took to get scores as opposed to doing the right thing long term for real results instead of temporary. I had hopes to move up in this company but I am more concerned with quality than greed so I don't think I can compete.
Just have to kind of deal with it.
Front Desk- Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2017
Most of the time you just have to go in and not say anything to anyone. Management can be just as childish and unprofessional as the employees. Also, I wouldn't make this my day job.
Impossible goals
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2017
The property was converted from Sheraton to Crowne Plaza. There was a lack of communication to the SPG members and they were extremely upset when they arrived to find we were no longer a Starwood Hotel. The Website under Crowne Plaza stated we were new - which we were not. It was a very rocky conversion. The expectation for flow was 55% over prior year. We were not able to achieve the goal. The VP of our division demanded a six day 12-14 hour work week. Although improvements were made I was replaced by a GM who my VP had worked with prior to this property. The property team was great and I was able to build a team that worked well together.
Pros
Team building, Commuinty relations
Cons
unattainable budget.
didnt like
Server (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 16, 2017
management was ok. but there wasn't must business so the tips were low. It was low hours available which left you no time to make any money. the kitchen was run over with roaches but I think they finally got it under control now.
Great place to work. kind and friendly people
Fremont Marriott Hotel (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 7, 2017
I enjoyed this Job because I enjoyed assisting guests with their needs and I also enjoyed the people that worked there, we all got along very well. I would go back If i could
Pros
Loved meeting new people
Cons
Not enough hours
Amazing culture and people
Assistant to VP of Revenue (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Everyone has been there for a very long time. Super helpful and friendly environment. They really do value their people. The HR team does a great job at talent retention.
Sr. Accountant
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2017
Challenging month-end close sometimes you end up working 14 hour days during month-end close. But at least they feed you. Always busy makes the time go by fast. Typically you will have 5 or 6 hotels you manage which adds up to about 20 tax filing a month or more, about 15 bank recons, approving all the utilities and a/p and monitoring there cash flow. Don't forget posting there payroll files.
Pros
Free dinner, free snacks and drinks, good management, great benefits, comp days
Cons
Long month-end close hours
Terrible company!! Run away!!!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2017
I don't even know where to begin except I'll repeat what I just wrote: RUN AWAY FROM this place. If you want to be used to their advantage then it's the place for you, cause that's exacly what they do. They might start off being nice, but once you give your 2 wks notice watch out. They basically took me off the schedule once I gave my notice! If your one of their favorites you will fit in & if not forget it. I was a FDA & obviously housekeeping & the front desk go hand in hand & I was told NOT to call HK & bother them about rooms being ready to check guests in. What?! Then again when the Front Desk Manager or GM would get on the radio to talk with HK it was OK! I have worked for numerous hotels, but never been so disappointed in Residence Inn by Remington. The pay is awful! Don't let them fool you! Being the nieve person I am I took their word for what they were offering me for a starting wage which was nothing! This hotel is one of the few in the area that offer such a lousy wage. The other girl that is also quitting never received a raise after being there a yr. Definitely look somewhere else for a job. They treat you like dirt & all they do is take advantage of you! Stay away!!!! If everyone is quitting maybe they will get a clue!!!!
Pros
Absolutely nothing!
Cons
Lowest wage I have ever seen!
Great place to work with minor exceptions
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2017
Managers in my department were great, everyone is very friendly and helpful, I developed great relationships there. Not many opportunities for advancement, they do seldom create positions for people who prove themselves, but in certain departments it's not a set track of advancement.
Pros
Great people, discounts, great atmosphere
Cons
Unclear advancement plan
The worst
General Manager (Former Employee) –  INMay 17, 2017
They sell you the dream job and give the exact opposite. Training is not there and above property scared of President that micro manages every decision.
Terribel
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2017
Work 14-16 hour days. During month end close have been know to basically work over night. No family life. Put a lot of pressure on you during month end close.
Was very productive in every department to save money. Very cheap company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  VaFebruary 25, 2017
Remington is not a good company. Poor lack of support from general manager and human resources. Will never work for this company again. Also pay is horrible.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Poor upper management
Be careful
Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 24, 2017
Long hours. Minimal support staff. Keep your eyes open and watch your back. You never know when it might be your last day, Even without warning.
Pros
busy hotel
Cons
low pay
Extremely friendly environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at day could consist of helping housekeeping turn over rooms, helping out in the kitchen or banquet department and of course making sure your responsibilities were taken care of as well. I learned very quickly that no matter what the guest is ALWAYS right. Management expected 110% at all times you had to be on your game. The hardest part of the job was balance of work and life, it was hard to end your day knowing that another area of the team may be in need of assistance so you would stay until the job was finished. The most enjoyable part of the job were knowing that you assisted in making sure the guests had the best hotel stay, the bride had the wedding of her dreams and that the guests in the restaurant enjoyed their meal.
Pros
Something was always going on...
Cons
Something was always going on...
The best work environment ever!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2017
remington hotels has the best work environment I have ever been a part of. They gave away prizes often and time off with no hesitation. The work however wasnt very challenging.
Unforgetable work experience
Bellman/Valet, conceirge, Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 27, 2017
Working at this job has it ups and downs. Most of all do not expect to advance quickly. My title was bellman but I ended up checking people in, doing housekeeping work, running the bar, delivering room service and valeting vehicles. Its nice to work with the staff as they are like a family!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Remington Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8