REMINGTON PARK Employee Reviews

No growth potential in IT Department
IT Tech (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2017
Lots to learn and things to do. Be prepared to handle multiple job functions. Small team. Management is out of touch with low level workers. Air quality is pretty bad. Work culture is not very enthusiastic. Lots of hiring/terminations and job fairs/new hire orientations. There are good benefits here but it is mostly a revolving door company. False promises in regards to raises/bonuses but they rarely if never happen. Also the pay could be better. When you are ready to move up there is no where to go. Lots to learn and multiple things going on in regards to the scope of the IT environment, but the team is plagued by low morale and management is not very positive in their methods. I would honestly look elsewhere if you are wanting to start out in IT.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work culture, management, atmosphere, oppurtunitys for advancement
Can be fun but has its difficulties
Guest services (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 6, 2017
Remington Park is a good place to work if you want some experience in the casino business. This casino is different than other casinos to work for. The workplace can be very difficult working with other employees but the good thing about it is that you can transfer to all different types of positions there.
Pros
Djs, live bands, food discounts, health benefits
Cons
Work environment, cleaniness
good place to work if your looking for a seasonal job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73111February 20, 2017
its a good fun place to work the management are all pretty laid back fun environment to be in if you plan on getting rich quick this is not the place to be if you want a fun friendly environment this is the place to be.
Ok place to work. Just a lot of lies going on there.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2016
Well u really don't have a set time to work. It changes after the races. But u get paid every week so that is good. But u never get 40 hours a week.
Marketing and Personal Care Attendant
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 12, 2016
These jobs were different in the following ways:

As a marketing asst my job was to solicit our facility by doing cold calls and follow up with potential clients. I enjoyed visiting with families and getting to know our future residents. However, the ultimate goal was to increase numbers not make friends.

As a PCA, I was able to interact with new and old residents on a different level. Whether we were doing activities, assisting with grooming, or being a companion and sharing stories both jobs had its ever lasting affect on me. I worked with a great team of directors.
Pros
Working with a great team of directors (Director, Activities Director, Marketing Director, Resident Care Director)
Cons
The facility ran 24/7 sometimes interfering with personal life
Great Job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2015
I have worked here for several years. I enjoy the atmosphere and the people I work with. They have great benefits that are really affordable.
Odd hours, but lively work environment
Video Editor/Producer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 29, 2015
Hours are based on the season of racing and the public's free time, i.e. you work when everyone else is off work. I learned quite a bit about video production and live entertainment. The staff could get pretty rowdy, but, for the most part, worked hard and well together. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to exercise my skills at illustration in ways others might not have thought of.
Pros
Free hours during the day, coworkers
Cons
Long stretches of boredom
Small org w/no upward mobility for tech
IT Tech (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 5, 2015
I enjoyed working here & the adaptive schedule they offered was good for me while I was in school. However, once I was ready to start moving up the ladder, there was nowhere to go as far as technology avenues.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Limited career path advancement
Run from this place....fast
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityMarch 20, 2015
working here as a cage counter was a test of patience at best. when the customer wasn't blowing smoke in your face literally or getting upset that you helped them spend their rent money on their addiction you get to deal with the crazy women who work here. Once they decide you think your better than they are its a wrap because then its open season on your tush. And as safe as walking up a large parking lot alone at three o clock in the morning can be....yea...
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Very humbling Profesion
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Very humbling position, but no room for advancment. I enjoyed caring for my patients. Very team oriented , having to work with co workers to care for patients brings good work ethics.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
no room for advancement
Remington Park will suck the life right out of you!
Former Surveillance employee (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 8, 2014
The place is full of hypocrisy. They make you follow policy very strictly, but Management does not follow them at. They just do what they want. Ever heard of leading by example, NOT HERE. The Manager of the Surveillance department is not leader AT ALL! She requests the employees to find solutions to problems, then passes them of as her own. If you want a dead end job, with no room for advancement, go ahead and apply. You will be overworked, under paid, and at the end of the day get no appreciation for the work you do. Good for the time being if you don't have a job, but don't think for one second that you want to make a career here. Oh, they don't pay overtime either. If you stay late one day, you have to come in late the next to so they don't have to pay overtime.
Pros
Cons
You may not even get all your breaks, More than likey you will end up hating yourself for putting yourself through this job.
Exciting/Fast Paced
Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2014
During racing season, there is always something going on. Fast paced environment and always new things going on. Everyone is very friendly and easy to get along with.
Great starter IT job
IT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2014
A typical day at work you enter a friendly clean offices space. Filled with nice managers and co-workers who are very laid back. The worst part of the job is the pay and promotions.
Pros
Strong learning environment
Cons
Hard to advance
Great benefits package
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2014
Management and people are easy to work with. Great benefits.
Fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 23, 2014
fun workplace co workers were nice and bosses were there to assist you when needed
This is a casino not an old folks home
na (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJanuary 16, 2014
Thought id point out This is a review on Remington park casino in Oklahoma City not some hospital in tx.
Friendly and nice place to work
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work is when the patients are in good moods
I've learned to be calm with the patients
co-workers are all nice
the hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with a patient that changes they're mind.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when they share there stories with you
Pros
clean place, free food, and nice people
Cons
angry patients
Very fast paced, high excitment very fun place to work.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Remington. Everyone was very excited, and plesent . It was very high energy job that I enjoyed ouite a lot.
Owner of the company was horrible
Surveillance Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2013
Very different from normal casinos. Owners cared nothing for their employees or their opinions.
Dispatch
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 19, 2012
Dispatch, recording all radio activity via computer, alarm checks, building check, secure money drop, and escorts.
Pros
na
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at REMINGTON PARK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7