The VMware System Administrator will be responsible for performing server support and administration duties, in addition to working on projects related to server or networking, as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports and provides routine administration of one or more of the following (as assigned): VMware servers/vCenter management, Windows Servers (2003/2008), Terminal Servers, MS System Center Operation Manager, ISA Server, Exchange Server, Blackberry Enterprise Server, iSCSI SAN and MS Hyper-V.
2. Supports and maintains all aspects of our Windows Active Directory infrastructure, including user account creation, group policy creation, and assigning permissions. In addition to maintaining vital services such as DHCP, DNS, RADIUS.
3. Supports and provides routine administration with data protection and disaster recovery by performing common tasks in Enterprise Backup software, such as backups, restores, data aging, and tape rotation.
4. Supports and provides routine administration of the companies printer and copier management systems and configures digital copier/print/scan devices on the network.
5. Performs basic system administration tasks on Linux-based servers.
6. Provides high quality results in completing work orders, trouble tickets, service requests, and network projects, which includes independent research, planning and troubleshooting.
7. Assists with miscellaneous tasks shared by IT Support team, such as transporting & installing equipment, researching new technology, etc.
8. Assists in identifying current and future network needs (LAN, WAN, WLAN, VoIP networks).
9. Learn new technologies and/or obtain certifications as technologies are added and replaced.
10. Provides 24x7 on-call network support as necessary.
11. Performs system support and administration duties, as assigned.
12. Completes network projects to which can include network infrastructure and telecommunications services as required, and report regularly on project status.
13. Responds in a timely manner to end user inquiries via e-mail, phone or the IT Technical Support work order system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. BS degree in related field and one or more professional network certifications required.
2. Recent work experience as a System Administrator/VMware System Administrator in a small to midsize Microsoft network environment required.
3. Excellent time management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
4. In-depth knowledge of VMware, Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory (Group policy) Enterprise backup system, server hardware and data center power and cooling concepts required.