Renaissance Hotel Employee Reviews

Good place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Old hotel but well maintained some days really busy but everyone is helpful. some working equipment need to change. the hardest part is hotel almost busy with arrivals, departures and conference.
Pros
helpful management
it was fun working with everybody
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2017
always busy but everybody did there best to meet the guest needs
housekeeping and front desk work well with each other it was best team effort to make smooth transaction on daily basis
Lack of Hours
Bellwoman/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 14, 2017
Hired in a full-time position and not allocated full-time hours. They have what they consider full-time and extended full-time. There is a difference. Full-time you may get 24 hours a week. Extended is 32 or more. Neither is a guaranteed 40 hours per week.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to work and advance
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2017
The entire management staff genuinely cares about the staff and guests. They listen to your ideas and even if it does work they tell you to keep trying. Everyone is very supportive.
Pros
Good culture and great training.
Cons
You work a lot of hours, so if you like an 9-5 job this, is not for you
Izzy
Banquet Setup (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2017
The banquet manager Sie she doesn't speak English she always a B**ch, and the banquet director Nancy she a fat Cu**nt seeking attention all the time, it sucks place to be at ppl quit in the first week I won't recommend working there for anyone
working with beds
Housekeeper/ Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2017
yes I loved working for them because its your own paste and I get things done better I have been trying to get back at it I am looking for part time because I have school during the weekend days mind days and afternoon I loved the job I meet new people
Pros
free lunches
Fun workplace
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 6, 2017
Ok place to work. Some people come there with the wrong attitude to work. The is a lot of laziness there but overall ok place to work location is good
Pros
Dollar lunch
Cons
Attitudes
fun to work at
Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2017
Friendly stuff, felt like one big family, managers could be more productive and knowledgeable about products and services and could engage more to help.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
overloaded
Fast-paced hotel with amazing staff.
Cook III (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 28, 2017
This hotel was always busy and stressful, but my wonderful co-workers made it a fun place to be. The managers were always very involved in the day-to-day work and there were many opportunities for growth.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Inconsistent schedule
Nice Atmosphere / Good communication
Meeting Concierge Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2017
They had regular meetings, formed committees, committed to the guests and the service. Small boutique hotel help to create a friendly atmosphere, camaraderie
Pros
Encouraged involvement
Cons
Management at that time has eletist attitude

Want to know more about Renaissance Hotel?

Ask a question
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working here and I love the brand.

Was happy to work there especially met great people who care about their jobs and other around them. Learned a lot from each of them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not much advancement
Poor Management
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2017
The overall company is amazing however I worked with a few bad apples. Nevertheless, the benefits were great. My team was wonderful and the culture is great.
Engaging place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
Competitive culture to achieve high financial success, customer satisfaction, and employee satisfaction. Great leadership throughout the entire operation.
Awesome
Human Resources/Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2017
I loved working at the Renaissance in Baltimore. I worked in the HR department and I was the payroll analyst for this property. I loved working in the heart of Downtown.
Its a Great Enviroment
In Room Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2017
hours just fluctuate too much in the restaurant dept. The management can be overly aggressive for no reason at time. Night shift is the best shift for independent workers.
All work no fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Downtown, PAAugust 21, 2017
Didn't have time to do nothing but your job.it was the same as working for Hilton you had 16 rooms a day I personally loved the the work .I even earned rewards for my work performance
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
I don't think The Renissance Hotel is somewhere anyone should stay until management is better there.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2017
A typical day at work it was vey hard. We didn't have the everyday supplies, we had to try to work with what we had. I learned a lot as far as housekeeping and it made me really like that kind of industry. I didn't like the management there because they were not up to date with the issues that needed to be handled at the hotel. The work place was mixed with African Americans and Spanish culture as well. The hardest part of the jobs were making the beds everything had to be on point. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing something I've never done before.
Pros
Making money
Cons
They didn't give me the money that I deserved
Nice place to work
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2017
The great team. A team that actually works as a team. Having each others back. The beautiful guests I've met. If I had to give the best thing about the deal it would have to be The people.
4 star hotel in California affiliated with Marriott
Reservations, Revenue Agent (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAAugust 18, 2017
The hotel is a great place to work. All management and coworkers were professional and very easy to get along with. Being in California, a lot of different people came through and it was very interesting meeting new people and learning about the state culture.
Pros
Free employee meals in the breakroom, employee appreciation week, breaks, great employees
Cons
When shorthanded, it could get stressful
not great
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 17, 2017
the manager are pretty cut throat and if you don't drink the cool aid then they will turn their backs on you a lot or just drop load after load on you and quite a few of the business choices are made without actually thinking of the employees or their opinions.