Renaissance Hotel Employee Reviews

Fun work place
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2016
I would work there again if the up there pay they've u working to hard for the low pay rate. People was great even my supervisor all very nice .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay, always running out of linen
front office agent
Front Office Agent (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 15, 2016
I have learned to wear many hats working in the hotel industry for the past 4 years. I started off as a regular front office agent, which involves checking people in and out and making sure they are aware of their surroundings and hotel surroundings. Basically, acting as a hotel concierge. I also managed to learned how the restaurant industry works by becoming a server and learning the Micros system as well as how inventory works too. I then learned the hardest shift which is over night and that is where all the main accounting work happens, making sure all paper work is done properly.
Pros
discounts for hotel indusry
Cons
flexible schedule
Do not work here
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 11, 2016
The place is so unorganized the supervisors expect you to know what to do even though they do not tell you what to do, the workers there are rude and act like high school students. The pay is fine but everything else is terrible
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
example of my day
Attendant Housekeeping/Style (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2016
A great place to serve to the honorable guest in any way that I could more than just the housekeeping department. Cleaning 16 rooms or more a day plus lounge, main restrooms etc.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks, managment non caring, favortism displayed
fun and productive workplace
Housekeeping Attendant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2016
Sales: Maximized sales and revenue by ensuring the prompt greeting and serving of guests. Cost Control: Assisted in the management of expenses.
Pros
free lunch, no supervision needed
Cons
Great leadership from the higher management, fun to work.
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2016
A great place to work and great leadership from higher management.
Diverse company and treats employee fairly. Open door policy is always exercise and avail advancement for in-house qualified employees.
Pros
Free emlpoyee meals, 401K
Cons
medical coverage
Many employees have remained with the company for an average of 7 years or more. Impressive.
Hotel Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2016
Friendly employees and helpful management. Comfortable and welcoming environment. International guests. Culturally diverse staff. Guaranteed 40 hours weekly. Enjoyable work
Pros
On the busline.
Marriott is a good company to work for.
Guest Services Liaison (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20001August 6, 2016
Worked in different department, DTS Operator, Housekeeping Supervisor, Accounting Assistant, and Banquet Admin. Learn a lot, love my co-workers. Some great management. Hardest part of the job is when they have you schedule 3 different times in the same week. Meeting new people.
na
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 3, 2016
a typical day at the Renaissance is fast paste. lots of events and people. The environment is nice, you get to work with different cultures and also see how they celebrate weddings
Renaissance Hotel is a very good workplace and organization.
Front Desk Concierge (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 21, 2016
My typical day at work starts at 5:00 am setting up and opening the VIP members club, meeting and assisting special guests, elite members and other guests allow to enter the club. In the afternoon I transfer to the housekeeping department to assist the manager with the checking of ready and dirty rooms, assisting in administration, or cleaning rooms if necessary, sometimes at night I assist in the banquet department if the Event planning manager needs any assistance.
I have learned to meet my priorities and assignments. Work under pressure, and recognize the value of team work.
The management is fair
My co-workers are very good and may me feel as part of the family and organization
Meet the physical part of housekeeping
Meet the guest and creating a wonderful experience to those that like to wonder and discover new and better things in the Long Beach area.
Pros
Good benefit package, employees cafeteria, many employees activities
work place have disignated area for smoker
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  ManilaJuly 13, 2016
i learn how to be a good room attendant, the management are friendly my co-workers are good for sharing their knowledge, the hardest part of my job is check out rooms.
Great Work Enviorment
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJuly 12, 2016
The Renaissance at Patriots Place in Foxboro, Ma is a great place to work and gain valuable interpersonal skills. Working at a high volume hotel can be stressful but the management in place makes it that much easier as they never let any discomfort or complaint go unresolved.
Pros
good benifets for full time employees and great innovative work culture
Great place to work.
Director of. Catering Manager/Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed working at this hotel. The owners were great and willing to spend for good help. I had great co workers and staff. They learned from me and I learned from them. I loved meeting and greeting all the people I did and help them with their functions.
Pros
Beautiful place to work
Cons
worked 6 days a week. Weekends and holidays
Great place to work!
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 7, 2016
I loved working with the Renaissance! Staff was always a lot of fun to work with. Management was fair, understanding and very cooperative.
N/a
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2016
great company to work for. friendly associates, bunch of departments with nice people. thats always a plus while working for a company
hotel
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 1, 2016
long days with heavy workload ,purchase all beer wine and liquor interview and training new employees ,customer service , inventory control , labor control , inventory of food and beverage from 4 outlets
Pros
Cons
working opening and closing back to back
Bad Management and Slow improvement, but Beautiful for the guest
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2016
I personally work in the front desk and was taken advantage of and all of my attempts of improvement went unheard. The coworkers were very nice at the time but most of them have left due to the toxic environment. I would ask if their managers have changed recently before applying or even considering working here.
Pros
$1 dollar Lunch
Cons
Advancement, Self worth, Work Culture
I thoroughly enjoy working for the Renaissance
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 22, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy working for the Renaissance as well being associated with Marriott brand. I enjoy my coworkers as well my management team. I'm just looking for the opportunity to advance in my career and this is not currently an option at my location.
Nice place to work
Senior Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 21, 2016
Healthy work culture. Loved serving and helping the guests, and opportunities provided me to train other staff. I would work with this company again in the future.
The balance between compensation and work is somewhat off.
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 13, 2016
The Renaissance has been a great place to work as far as co-workers and environment are concerned. However I do not feel like I am adequately compensated for the amount of experience and hard work that I put into the position.

I need somewhere that I can grow and advance. I strive for a continuing upward drive to greatness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renaissance Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2