Renaissance Hotel Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 6, 2017
Ok place to work. Some people come there with the wrong attitude to work. The is a lot of laziness there but overall ok place to work location is good
Pros
Dollar lunch
Cons
Attitudes
fun to work at
Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2017
Friendly stuff, felt like one big family, managers could be more productive and knowledgeable about products and services and could engage more to help.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
overloaded
Fast-paced hotel with amazing staff.
Cook III (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 28, 2017
This hotel was always busy and stressful, but my wonderful co-workers made it a fun place to be. The managers were always very involved in the day-to-day work and there were many opportunities for growth.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Inconsistent schedule
Nice Atmosphere / Good communication
Meeting Concierge Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2017
They had regular meetings, formed committees, committed to the guests and the service. Small boutique hotel help to create a friendly atmosphere, camaraderie
Pros
Encouraged involvement
Cons
Management at that time has eletist attitude
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working here and I love the brand.

Was happy to work there especially met great people who care about their jobs and other around them. Learned a lot from each of them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not much advancement
Poor Management
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2017
The overall company is amazing however I worked with a few bad apples. Nevertheless, the benefits were great. My team was wonderful and the culture is great.
Engaging place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
Competitive culture to achieve high financial success, customer satisfaction, and employee satisfaction. Great leadership throughout the entire operation.
Awesome
Human Resources/Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2017
I loved working at the Renaissance in Baltimore. I worked in the HR department and I was the payroll analyst for this property. I loved working in the heart of Downtown.
Its a Great Enviroment
In Room Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2017
hours just fluctuate too much in the restaurant dept. The management can be overly aggressive for no reason at time. Night shift is the best shift for independent workers.
All work no fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Downtown, PAAugust 21, 2017
Didn't have time to do nothing but your job.it was the same as working for Hilton you had 16 rooms a day I personally loved the the work .I even earned rewards for my work performance
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
I don't think The Renissance Hotel is somewhere anyone should stay until management is better there.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2017
A typical day at work it was vey hard. We didn't have the everyday supplies, we had to try to work with what we had. I learned a lot as far as housekeeping and it made me really like that kind of industry. I didn't like the management there because they were not up to date with the issues that needed to be handled at the hotel. The work place was mixed with African Americans and Spanish culture as well. The hardest part of the jobs were making the beds everything had to be on point. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing something I've never done before.
Pros
Making money
Cons
They didn't give me the money that I deserved
Nice place to work
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2017
The great team. A team that actually works as a team. Having each others back. The beautiful guests I've met. If I had to give the best thing about the deal it would have to be The people.
4 star hotel in California affiliated with Marriott
Reservations, Revenue Agent (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAAugust 18, 2017
The hotel is a great place to work. All management and coworkers were professional and very easy to get along with. Being in California, a lot of different people came through and it was very interesting meeting new people and learning about the state culture.
Pros
Free employee meals in the breakroom, employee appreciation week, breaks, great employees
Cons
When shorthanded, it could get stressful
not great
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 17, 2017
the manager are pretty cut throat and if you don't drink the cool aid then they will turn their backs on you a lot or just drop load after load on you and quite a few of the business choices are made without actually thinking of the employees or their opinions.
Senior Sales Executive
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 14, 2017
Currently, working with local accounts and cover entire Northeastern United States. Solicit new accounts, attend tradeshows, host customer events, and book over 2.3 million in revenue annually.
Not for everyone
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 10, 2017
The management seems to be out of touch with their staff. The goals set are next to impossible. People are given no warning if they are not doing n inadequate job.
used to be a nice place
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2017
After the take over of aimbridge it went down hill. The job culture and attitude changed. They started out fine in the beginning so nobody would leave then they slowly changed and cut corners.

There only objective is cut and make money. Service was the least of there priority.

Keep looking
Pros
nothing
lots of turn over
Assistant Restaurant Manager OLIO Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 2, 2017
Pretty hotel, in a busy corporate environment. They went through a lot of changes and had a hard time keeping staff members. Business clients can have high expectations and demands.
Pros
free lunch, employee rates for other hotels
Cons
high turnover, strict management
Nice place to work
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2017
Its a good company to work for.i would recommend. Also a great place for tourist to stay overnight. Great place to wine and dine and a great place for a wedding reception .
Pros
Free lunches discount on rooms
Cons
More salary
Brilliant place to work full of culture
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2017
I love the Renaissance brand culture and bringing it's service. I love the energy that the hotel has, you just have to be able to keep up with it's fast pace work environment.