Rend Lake College

Rend Lake College Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Accountant (Former Employee), Ina, ILApril 30, 2014
Pros: shorter work days
Management cares about the people who work for them and would do what they could to help an individual if need be.
Awesome place
Student Worker (Former Employee), Ina, ILApril 3, 2014
I was a student worker and I worked for my main teacher who was an awesome guy.
Great place for students
Administrative Assistant for TRIO Programs (Former Employee), Ina, ILSeptember 15, 2013
Working at Rend Lake College taught me that I wanted to work with students in a customer service fashion. Helping students was the most enjoyable part of my job. The employees there are a team for the students' benefit.
Excellent Work Study Program
Student Worker (Former Employee), Ina, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: good people, friendly
Cons: minimum wage
I enjoyed working as a student worker for Rend Lake College. The environment is very professional and the buildings are clean.
Student worker
Student Worker AmeriCorps Program (Current Employee), Ina, ILAugust 23, 2013
Pros: i like the work i do.
Cons: this is just as you are in college i can not work here after i get out of school.
Student Worker for the AmeriCorps Program, so after I graduation I have to get another job. I am a director assistant I do data entering, time sheets, make calls, and set up meeting and retreats. I have had four co-workers that have work with me in my office, but I have 51 that work under me now. Over the four years I have been here I have had anywhere from 50 to 65 people work under me at a time every year we have contrast for the jobs we do. AmeriCorps is a program that sends college students to sites for mentoring and tutoring grade school children. We have 40 sites that we have to find help – more... for right now. I do data entering, time sheets, make calls, set up meeting and retreats for the director and time sheets for all the members we have. I have help on the Audit and I have done the ordering for the member’s uniforms and food for the conferences, and the retreats. I have also went thought apps to find an assistant for when I leave. I have been training them for the last two weeks. I am experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point 2007, and 2010. I do criminal background checks on everyone we pick I do them with state police and FBI, CANTS(Central Register as defined in the Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act), I also do Illinois State Police sex offender registration look ups. I like my Job just like to go into some kind of law enforcement that where my heart is. – less
fun place to work
Women's Basketball - Head Coach (Former Employee), Ina, ILAugust 20, 2013
Located in a small town but the people that work at the college were great!
Clean and professional
Part-time automotive instructor (Current Employee), Ina, ILNovember 8, 2012
Pros: short hours
Cons: healthcare
Teaching Classroom and shop, repairs on vehicles. Grading. Enjoy everything about the job but need more hours.
Great Boss and loved the work
Student Worker (Former Employee), Ina, ILOctober 23, 2012
Pros: co-workers - boss
I loved working with other students on the things we offered in our office... My boss was an amazing person... She was such a kind and generous person... taught me alot
Laid back, fun environment.
Student Worker (Former Employee), Ina, ILAugust 28, 2012
Pros: worked around my school schedule.
Cons: no paid days off, no benefits.
Working as a student worker in the Graphic Design lab was a very fun job. I learned a lot about my classmates, as the lab hours were not as structured as the class periods. I oversaw the students who were present during the lab hours, keeping everything under control. I also designed various media items for the college and the graphic design program. It gave me a lot of real world experience in the industry I plan to enter. The hardest part of my job at Rend Lake College was meeting the deadlines for projects, as well as up-keeping the lab. The most enjoyable part of my job was that it was a very social job and allowed me help my fellow classmates.
Education
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee), Ina, ILMay 29, 2012
I show homeowners and businesses how to save money on basic building repairs. I instruct them on how to repair or replace electrical outlet, switches, and light fixtures. How to winterize their buildings, replace windows and doors and much more such as plumbing, roofing, and drywall repair . I have also work with other instructors in teaching geometric drawings and basic Auto CAD. I have nothing but praise for the school management and co-workers work well as a team. I would say the hardest part of this job is seeing a student fail at putting forth any effort in succeeding. Working with people and seeing them progress is the most enjoyable part of this job I also enjoy working with other instructor and learning new ways to use different software.

Rend Lake College Salaries