We are a dynamic multidisciplinary studio working on cutting edge art and civic engagement projects that connect place, history, community and culture. Projects include public art, installations, and design, and a multi-platform storytelling and research project, ”Chinese Whispers,” about the Chinese who helped build the American West. This large scale project includes site-specific storytelling productions, an online mapping and research project, and a program of innovative public engagement events. The studio works with fee-based design projects and commissions, and cultural projects underwritten by grants, sponsorships and individual donors.
For more information about the project please visit http://chinese-whispers.org
The key responsibility of the Project and Development Manager is to monitor and manage day-to-day project operations, and proactively drive and execute project development to help us establish Chinese Whispers in its next level as a robust creative and social enterprise. Building and expanding the revenue base through both earned and donated funds will be a high priority. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of an exciting team innovating multi-platform cultural projects that serve the public good, and to grow with the project.
This position is for 32 hours per week.
Project and Administrative Management:
- Develop work plan for, and manage overall studio scheduling for multiple projects, monitor project progress and deadlines, and coordinate with project team on project deliverables
- Serve as primary contact for clients, subcontractors, suppliers, funders, and interns
- Produce job costing and administrative reports, light bookkeeping and filing
- Provide project research support as needed
- Manage office supplies and equipment
Development and Communications Management:
- Devise and implement development plan focusing on “Chinese Whispers” in coordination with Project/Artistic Director and Development consultant, with a target 12 month goal of $150,000 implementation funding for a Bay Area storytelling production and for prototyping an interactive mapping website, both of which have completed project development.
- Monitor and routinely report on development plan progress and adjust as needed, in coordination with principal and consultant;
- Maintain grants calendar and update in conjunction with development plan, manage deliverables including RFQs, grant deadlines, proposal preparation, budgets and reports
- Develop and facilitate project partnership/sponsorship opportunities
- Implement and manage online fundraising campaign as appropriate
- In conjunction with the Project/Artistic Director, manage funder and partner relationships.
- Plan and implement public engagement and fundraising events
- Create and maintain communications calendar for e-newsletter, announcements, PR, blog posts, social media and mailing lists
- Coordinate with staff graphic designer and subcontractors on implementation of communications items
- Contribute to content generation for blog posts and social media
- Provide PR support and/or develop general PR for project events
Other Duties as Assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 1-1/2 years of project management experience in nonprofit administration
- Proven fundraising experience, including experience preparing grant proposals, accurate budgets and reports, and monitoring and managing grants/budgets
- Mac and Microsoft Office proficiency, with excellent knowledge of Excel
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive prose
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi task
- Superior attention to detail
- Strategic thinker and problem solver, a team builder and active listener
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, resourceful, with a high level of integrity and honesty, and strong work ethic
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues and third parties including advisors, partners, media, and vendors
- Demonstrated understanding of arts and culture field, and concern for social justice
- Technologically savvy and comfortable with social media environment
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours
- A valid driver’s license, current insurance and access to a vehicle,
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working in the creative sector
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Filemaker, Mailchimp or other online mailing management platform desirable
Please submit a resume with 3 references, cover letter, and 2-3 grant and development writing samples to rene@ reneyung.com with “Project and Development Manager-YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Please submit only Word or PDF documents. Your cover letter should include your reasons why you want this position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Questions can be directed to the same email address.
Indeed - 22 months ago