Renew Schools Employee Reviews

Hard workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 18, 2017
ReNew employees work hard and are willing to put in the work for great results.

The success and growth of the children are a top priority for every educator on staff.
Save yourself!
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 11, 2017
All of the other reviews, (except for the last ) are all spot on. Corrupt management, crowded classrooms, lack of guidance/coaching, and tons of behavior problem without proper management and consequences. You feel bad for all the children who are truly unhappy and never have their complaints, feelings, and issues addressed by admin.
Pros
Benefits!
Cons
Lack of integrity and ethics from admin and cmo
Crowded, test-focused
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 25, 2017
ReNew administrators and faculty are friendly and committed, but the classes are HUGE (average 32). There is very little special ed that works and lots of behavior problems. The focus is on keeping detentions down to please the parents and keeping suspensions way down to make the schools look better. I stayed two years but things did not get better. I felt frustrated for the kids who really wanted to learn but couldn't because of constant disruption from behavior problems.
Well-meaning people with little real experience
Former Teacher (Former Employee) –  ReNEW CharterJanuary 10, 2017
People are very friendly but seriously lack experience and knowledge in teaching. Administration takes advantage of this and allows unsafe and unprofessional conditions as a means to an end that is not appearing.
Pros
Lots of false happiness
Cons
A teacher's worst nightmare
Awful, incompetent and corrupt at the top.
Educator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 29, 2016
This organization embodies the worst of education. They are at best well meaning but sorely missing the mark. At worst, they are corrupt and feigning ignorance. Hire people who know what they are doing/really care about the kids in desks. This is what happens a decade later when inexperienced TFA-ers take over a city. CEOs/corporates are dropping like flies, and I pity whomever ends up holding the bag.
ReNew is definitely a place where you can learn, grow, and cultivate your educational endeavors.
Reading Intervention Teacher/Co-Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 12, 2016
A typical day at work would include about 30 1st graders with a willingness and tenacity to learn and reach levels they never thought of. Our students at ReNew show alot of grit and integrity. What I learned most with working with the students at ReNew, is that every child learns at a different level, but are still just as important as the child who catches on quicker than others. My co-workers are all affectionate about teaching, They are passionate about getting their students to the next level. The hardest part of my job is to see a student who really wants to learn or advance, and gets frustrated when the skill doesn't come as easy or they don't master the skill that was introduced. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job has to be when a student comes to me and says, "Thank you", or send me notes to let me know how much they appreciate me and I've impacted their lives....there's no greater feeling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renew Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7