Renewal by Andersen Employee Reviews

Events team is the best!
Event Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 16, 2018
Working as an Event Marketer gave me the opportunity to attend many local events. I work an average of five hours per shift, mostly Fridays and Saturdays.
Very competitive environment
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 15, 2018
A typical day at work consists of obtaining first lead for the day of three appointment times available. Run lead and perform 90 minute to 3 hour in-home presentation to residential clients
Overall fun and challenging carreer. Can be very financially rewarding
Pros
somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
tough job security if not performing to company standards
Comission based low pay. Only for those the company likes.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 13, 2018
This was the worst job hands down I ever worked. Low pay about 10 per hour and commission. The problem with commission is you have to go door to door to get it. You go to people's house and use a script to convince them that there windows that may be perfectly fine need replaced so that you can set a lead and hopefully make money. Garbage place to work. The manager I had talked too much about politics and was not professional. Don't work here. Find something worth your time trust me.
Pros
Cons
Late nights. Little pay. Door to door sales. Mangement.
Great place if you like door to door sales
Proximity Marketing Department (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2018
Overall this a great opportunity for people who need money and are good at door to door sales. They pay well and reward better performance. An average day is going in, working on the script and rebuttals and then you go out around 2:30 to the neighborhood in a van as a group. You get some food beforehand and then you walk around door to door for about 3-4 hours until 6:30, from which you will be picked up and returned to the office by 7. The people are friendly and willing to help you, but ultimately this job is all about not letting people get to you and just waiting for the right person who would like to make an appointment.
Pros
Great pay, about 3-4 hours of actual work
Cons
Mentally and emotionally taxing
fast paced/quickly changing
Signature Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 8, 2018
Fast paced, includes all facets of every account such as, front end, customer service, appointment keeping and recording, communication with operations,
Pros
benefits, employees
Cons
management and poor proprietary decision-making
Good company
Administrative Assistant/Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 6, 2018
The company is good. Most everybody seems to love their job. The job I took seemed like a temporary job from the beginning. It turned out that way. It had a positive vibe overall.
Pros
Had my own office
Cons
Easy not to be compensated for your work in this role, but not the full-time role.
Work environment needs improvement..
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2018
Work environment needs improvement, the hourly pay was decent for the job, the appointment bonus was also decent, and if the appointment turned into a buyer we wouldn't get any bonus for that.
Pros
Transportation
Cons
Short breaks
Had a good run, Just too much drama
Senior Inside Sales Rep/Installation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJFebruary 1, 2018
The overall experience was wonderful .they became my family, i went through many dry seasons. Positive is family environment, spiffs, and incentives. Down side is pay, (hourly and commission). I worked in the callcenter and we were the back bone of the business, but the lowest paid.
Pros
Free lunched
Cons
Childish, drama hording coaches
Fun, but lacks future advancement
Proximity Marketing (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 29, 2018
The job is fun, employees are easy to work and get along with. But most of the time the job is slow. It also does not provide future job advancement. It helped me greatly with my people skills, and ability to communicate professionally with others
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Unorganized, no advancement
Disorganized and Disrespectful
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAJanuary 26, 2018
Disorganized and Disrespectful. Repeatedly reported issues of inappropriate conduct went unanswered. Termination upon formal complaint of same issues.
Great Company, Great people
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 24, 2018
It's been many years since my employment at RbA but it's a wonderful place to work! Fabulous, fun, knowledgeable people. A superior product that makes it so easy to work hard to succeed.
Good Pay but gone too much
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2018
The position with Andersen was great. Lots to do and always very busy.The compensation was good and the products we sold were top of the line. Moved to Chicago or I may still be with them.
Pros
Great Pay and Plenty of overtime
Cons
Very little work life balance, mostly all work
Job
Regional Operations Manager- Ohio (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2018
This job is very stressful. You get no support from upper management. Very high turnover rate. Very difficult to feel comfortable in what you are doing.
Very corporate
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 17, 2018
It is a great place to work but the sales team was very large, 30 people. It is a supremely professional place to work. The management was wonderful to work with.
Fun job that gets you out in the world and interacting with people.
Promotional Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2018
My role at Renewal By Andersen is an event promoter/ specialist. I think that the compensation is pretty decent for what it is that we are doing and I like that it is a job that you are not stuck inside all day. One gets to interact with people and market the products. If the job was a full time position I think it would be a much better job.
False advertisements
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 16, 2018
I applied when the advertisement said they were hiring for 20-30 an hour. I got hired but was only being paid 10 an hour. The false advertisement to bring people in.
Pros
early days
Cons
low pay rate
Ridiculous attrition rate
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJJanuary 15, 2018
Attrition rate is greater that 90%. You will only get the 1 and 2 window leads or a patio door lead for a long time until you become a favorite by "hanging out" in the office and roll playing with the rest of the struggling reps on your free time. The VP cherry picks all the best leads for her "golden boys". The rest get mostly garbage. Awesome product but Ridiculously over-priced.
Pros
bages at sales meetings
Cons
So many.....robotic script, late appointment scheduling, unresponsive management, windowless environment!
Don't work here! It sucks!
Sales Rep (Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJanuary 15, 2018
DO NOT take a sales job here. Commission only. Best leads go to the same guys all the time. New people get unqualified leads and can never compete. Less than 10% of the sales people hired last more than 3 months. Weeks with no income. Long hours. Work every weekend and 4 nights/week. On top of all this . . . the Manager has no leadership skills and just yells all the time. Worst job I ever had!!!
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Terrible working conditions.
It gave me a few skills
Canvasser / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 12, 2018
I have never been one to want to complain and I will not start now. I am writing words to be able to be done with my profile and move on to the next opportunity.
Lousy Place
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJanuary 9, 2018
The training- There's none. They hand you a binder and tell you to memorize it and practice with each other or go home and practice with your wife.
They tell you how all this money is being made. Only to those people that get the right appointments.
It is supposed to be a great place to work and a great group of people. Management does not help anyone. They do just the opposite, it's as if they don't want people to succeed unless you are their buddies.
In a period of three weeks they laid-off 13 employees.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renewal by Andersen. Our community is ready to answer.