Renewal by Andersen Employee Reviews in United States

team oriented environment with great management
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 6, 2015
I loved working for Renewal. I was a corporate employee who worked through the transition of selling our office off as a franchise. At that time the pay scale changed and the benefits changed. As a result I found another position with BlueCat networks.
Pros
worked my territory to hit my goals with minimal corporate red tape.
Cons
weekends and evenings.
Great company and employees
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2015
Work hours are 2-8 pm Mon - Thurs and 12 - 6 on Fri. No weekends.
We all meet at the office off of Green St. in downtown Nashville and we have a quick meeting then we all leave in the company van to the specified town we are going to canvass. Everyone has about 50 - 70 houses and we are all generally in the same neighborhood/area. Then we canvass separately. We take a break after about an hour and a half and then we go back out for another hour and half.
Management and the employees that work there are very upbeat and its a fun and laid-back environment.
Pros
Employees and compensation
Cons
Working outside
Lots of reasons not to not pay you
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Roseville MNAugust 27, 2015
Make $20 to $30 canvassing (going door to door) Ok some weeks maybe, other weeks you get an excuse and no $$$. Average pay is no where close to the numbers they claim. Management of department is shaky and arrogant. Add that to working for a temp agency and not RbA i.e. no benefits at all.
Pros
Some fun people to work with, Great weather, Nice pepole .
Cons
Bad weather, very hard work, some horrible people.
OK Job But Huge Turn Around
Setting Appointments For Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJ 07016March 3, 2016
You constantly feel like your job is on the line. Lacks proper management and you feel like you're back in high school. Very few people take there jobs seriously and management is oblivious. If you are seeking a long term job or a career then this may not be the place for you.
Best First Job Ever
Door to Door Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2016
I started working at Renewal by Andersen in the Summer of 2015. It was easily one of the best experiences I've ever had. The company is structured around the idea of you being successful. The Managers are all friendly, open, and want you to succeed. I worked under Julius Hinton and he was the best boss you could hope for. The managers as well as Buck Vernon the Director of Canvassing at Renewal by Andersen all go out of their way to make sure that you are doing well and have the skills necessary to do well at this job. Though door to door sales is never easy, Renewal by Andersen not only teaches you how to overcome rejection, (a life long skill) but also how to overcome adversity and accomplish your goals.
Pros
Co-Workers, Paid Lunch Break, Friendly Atmosphere, Meet Incredible People, Teaches you how to work with people, Teaches Social Skills
Cons
Vacations are NECESSARY to not become complacent.
Feeling lucky?
Sales Advisor / door to door (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 25, 2016
Lie on application say 28$ hourly + commission don't fall for it . Only 10$ an hour plus commission if your lucky . Management is awesome really feel like home but you're barley at the office your walking door to door lying to people. Half the the leads you write cancel it's all about luck . Communication skills are a plus but it really just comes down to getting a customer truly interested . Sounds like a good opportunity but the turn over rate is very high . Plus they solicit without permits to do so. Willing to test your luck? Try it out other wise don't waste your time if your looking for a career.
Pros
Management is cool
Cons
Working without permits they say they have them but always get into trouble with the police.
Pleasant place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 17, 2016
Typically you won't know your work day until the night before as leads are posted in the evening before your next work day as they are confirmed from the call center. Each appointment will last 1.5 to 4 hours depending on the home.
I learned quite a bit about home improvement and the quality of materials that companies use. You get what you pay for is definitely a good example when it comes to windows.
The management I believe want you to succeed and do a fairly good job to set you up for success. The co workers as well help each other out and encourage you to do well.
The hardest part of the job in my opinion is the hours. Not knowing what your day will be like until 9 pm or so the night before, can be stressful and hard to plan for.
The most enjoyable part was helping people and getting customers a quality product that you can stand behind.
Pros
Free lunches, great commission, opportunity to win a Trip every year based on performance
Cons
Benefits are not that great, Hours are hard to manage, winters can be extremely slow therefore making it hard to have a good paycheck
productive fun place with a ping pong table.
door to door sales (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 9, 2016
walk in, everybody is friendly. I've learned how to sale there. management is awesome. my co-workers are awesome. the hardest part of the job is walking in the rain as of recently. the most enjoyable part of the job is having cool co-workers that understand if you had a good or bad day setting leads.
Pros
money
Cons
walking in the rain
ambitious and progressive place to work
Manufactures Representative (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 20, 2015
A typical day is meeting with home owners, listening to their wants, needs and desires. Building a project that solves their problems. I have learned to be increasingly flexible and adapt in a constantly changing environment. The team is often times encouraging each other and management is always looking to grow. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to the constant change and the most enjoyable part of the job is balance between work and home life.
Sounds great in theory
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 3, 2015
Product is good installation is outstanding which comes with highest product price in window-door industry. Most sales come from senior citizens that "trust" Anderson brand and are not consumer savvy. Sales training based on methodology designed to corner "pressure" the customer to close first day.Renewal has a first day only discount to entice a buying decision but sometimes will give the discount after that - not fair to all the customers that fell for it first day. Has about 12 sales people in office and hires about 6 new every month - meaning - Turnover is rough but somehow the same 6 sales people have been there for a long period. Figure that one out! .
Pros
Lots of time on your hands
Cons
Not enough Leads
Loved working there. very professional place yet very warm, cooperative and friendly work environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 3, 2016
From day one, Renewal by Andersen seemed very helpful and progressive place. The managers, coworkers and everyone there seemed cooperative. Work was given first priority yet it was fun place with company outings, off-site and company parties ar every successful venture. Love that place.
Pros
positive environment, celebrate success with parties and outings
Cons
Got too cold in the office with AC
Renewal by Andrsen
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHNovember 19, 2015
This is a blue chip company that is a hidden gem. The company is a leader in high end replacement windows for the home improvement industry.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Work Life balance and Diversity and inclusion
Lots of walking and pressure to sell
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 19, 2016
Great pay to start off but a lot of pressure a day of training and then your dropped off and left to sell in an area that most already have windows expected to bring in two appoiments a day.
Pros
Starts at a base pay of $12.00/hr, weekly checks
Cons
Lots of walking, no training really
Just a great honest and fun group to work for ...Period
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 29, 2015
The best group of people and management folks I' have ever worked for. I'v been around many & know. They treat all their employees top notch. Co-workers are great we all help each other.
Product does what it says
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 5, 2016
Andersen is a 100 year old company focused on customer service above all else. The company spends allot of time and resources to make sure customer satisfaction every time.
Pros
Best Product in the market
Cons
Priced higher than most
Worst place ever
Sales (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 1, 2016
This place is very unorganized and by far one of the worst places I've ever worked. They treat their employees horrible and their clients even worse!!! Avoid working here at all costs!
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 20, 2016
Terrible place to work. Customers are treated badly and employees are treated worse. I would never recommend anyone work there if they can avoid it.
Nice Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 3, 2016
Nice company to work for. I have great co workers really good people, office is very diverse. I love talking to the customers on the phone and helping them out in any way I can.
fine envirnoment
Canvaser (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJMay 23, 2016
nice crew, really buttoned up. took jokes too seriously. Really help you with techniques, hours are decent, wish you got commission off sales
Interesting job, Lack of Good Management
Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNJune 17, 2014
This review is for the Call Center only. I have no opinions on the rest of the company.
You clock in for your shift, get to work making calls, take your breaks. Pretty typical. However you won't be sitting at the same desk everyday, it changes from day to day. Try not to feel replaceable knowing that you are merely a person filling a spot each day.
Some of the management is fine, but most are either unqualified or just lack people skills. Which means you will know you did a good job 95% of the time, but only get followed up with on the 5% that wasn't perfect. Very demoralizing to never get praise or positive feedback. All of the co-workers are easy to get along with. It seems to only be management lacking these people skills.
The hardest part of the job is knowingly calling the same person several times a day, which to be fair, is typical to a call center position.
The best part of the job is the people you work with and the bonuses/games/free lunches.
Pros
bonuses, games, lunches
Cons
starting pay as a temp is lower than it should be. not a very "happy" workplace.