Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen Employer Reviews

Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glenview, IlMarch 2, 2015
Awesome place to work, teammates are the best. Job security. Unfortunately management needs some help and classes in customer service and speaking with their employees.
Do you have a history of drug use and can't find a job? Welcome to RBA!
Canvasser (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: base pay plus opportunity for commission, laid-back atmosphere.
Cons: terrible management, unprofessional work environment.
Where do I begin?

First off, they called me to come in for an interview when times were tough and I needed a job, so I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity. So I come in for an interview and immediately began training which was memorizing the pitch to use when speaking with homeowners. It was a new opportunity and I was enthusiastic, ready to learn, and make some good money. But after awhile the illusion began to fade away and the true face of the Buffalo office had shown itself.

To start, they literally hire ANYBODY who walks through the door, no requirements, no background checks, and no drug testing. As an individual who doesn't use drugs, I was surrounded by many people who either came into work under the influence of their drug(s) of choice, or freely did them while in the field. The "manager" (I use the term manager loosely) turned a blind eye, even when it was impossible to ignore, so long as they met their quota and made the company money.

There was never any stable system upon which the job was run. The office manager was terrible at motivating us, actually in turn demotivating many of us, but that's what happens when a 24-year old with no management experience is in charge. We only filed for permits AFTER we had run-ins with the police, mainly due to angry homeowners who were sick of seeing us so often.

I did make some friends at the job, but at the end of the day, I hated it and feel like I wasted 9 months. I showed up everyday, early, and was never given any recognition or felt appreciated. But as soon as I, or any of my coworkers messed up or fell short of what was expected, we wouldn't hear the end of it. The owner of both the Buffalo and Rochester offices never even bothered to remember our names. Out of maybe 24 total canvassers between both offices, I felt very unappreciated that our "owner" couldn't even remember who we were.
Productive place with a clear vision for the future/
Canvasser (Current Employee), Cranford, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: long breaks, bonususes and incentives
Cons: weather changes, job security and advancement
In the canvassing department the day starts off in the office with a followup meeting for the day then we head out to the towns we will work. After break, around the third hour of the eight hour shift, we work four hours in our territories gathering leads from interested homeowners. At the end of the shift we head back to the office.

I learned how to create meaningful conversations, build rapport, and widen my listening skills to understand the goal of the speaker. Management is structured, but still rather infant. Growth is foreseeable in the management department. Co-workers are fun to be around and helpful.

The hardest part about the job is the weather changes because the Canvassers job is speak to homeowners directly door-to-door. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work shift itself and potential earnings. Working truly only four hours, their are many incentives and bonus opportunities to take care of.
Help crews get trucks loaded for the day
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Valley ViewJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great crews.
Would arrive early.
Get bay doors open.
Crews start showing up.
Make sure they have everything they need for their days.
]They would leave to do installs.
I would prepare items for each crew for next day.

Help with unloading refuse from trucks.

Learned a lot about windows and doors.

Great co workers.Great management.
Worked independently.

Everyday was great
Poor management
Inside Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 30, 2014
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: poor management, no life/work balance
What used to be a family oriented company did a complete 180 within a few months due to changes in management. The company is currently ran by younger females who clearly play favoritism and have their own agendas.
The owners of the company are truly wonderful. It's a shame that they are stepping away and have put a tremendous amount of trust into the newly appointed general manager. I was employed with renewal by Andersen for three years. I was extremely dedicated and enjoyed the responsibilities and opportunities for advancement within the company. The owners made it seem like they cared about you and were extremely patient and understanding. I absolutely love them.
I chose to leave the company after returning from a short "vacation" and found out I was expected to work everyday while on vacation and to check in with my manager. On top of that I was called multiple times at the request of the manager from my employees for basic questions that could have been resolved without my assistance. I was also required to come into work when I had strep throat. In the past, management would have asked how I was feeling and given me the proper time off from work to get well. In the past, I was allowed to use my vacation time and enjoy the time away from work without being expected to check in on a daily basis to ensure everything was being taken care of. In the past, we were given instructions not to bother or email employees on vacation because they were entitled to take time away from work.
Upon my return nobody asked me how my vacation was, how I was feeling, if I had a nice Christmas. – more... Instead, I was asked why leads weren't checked and other incidents that happened while I was on vacation. This on top of many other similar unpleasant encounters as of recent extremely offended me, so I resigned. I do not want to work for a bunch of caddy females who could care less about a person's wellbeing.
I did a great job for renewal by Andersen. I was a strong asset to not only my department but many other departments in the Seattle and Spokane office. I sacrificed much time and was very loyal to my company and I absolutely loved my job with renewal by Andersen until it became apparent that the new management did not want me there.
Management went out of their way to try to make me look bad and try to establish to the owners that I was an inadequate employee. I always hit my numbers. My employees enjoyed working under me. I provided them with proper leadership and ran a successful department. It's a shame that the proper people failed to notice what was going on and as a result I had to leave. If the owners would have invested more time into seeing why employee turnover has been so high recently I feel like the work environment would have been slightly restored. It's as if they are blind or ignorantly blissful.
As of today, Renewal by Andersen of Seattle is not a professional place to work. I maintained close relationships with many past and present employees of different levels and they all feel similar. Management is a nightmare. They pay their employees enough to put up with it but still inside everyone is unhappy. Their demands are unrealistic and the family oriented dynamic has diminished to near non existence. I would never work for a company who treats their employees like this. It's not okay to bully people out of their positions. – less
Busy environment
Supply Chain Associate (Current Employee), Cottage Grove, MNNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, fun people, good workout
Cons: short breaks, declining benefits
Great job for the busy body! In the Supermarket we sequence parts for the saw operators. Then these parts are delivered to the line in various containers. Great people to work with. Hard on the body over time.
Medium paced sales position, Phone based calling
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Northborough, MaNovember 13, 2014
Pros: work when ever you can additional to your set schedule, good pay
Cons: some rejection is inevitable, like in all sales jobs.
Making more then 100 calls a day, I go through a data base and contact customers to ask about their experience with the company, then I find out why they didn't purchase from our company. Then I use my knowledge of the company, and our services to help them move forward with a purchase, helping them over come what ever was holding them back.

I have learned allot, marketing techniques, multitasking efficiently, phone skills, and good note taking on customers experiences.
Great Place to Work
Marketing Agent (Current Employee), Valley View, OHNovember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: long hours
One of the best places I've ever worked. Most of the time, it does even seem like work, but just another day going out with the buddies.
Ignorant, deceitful management at call-center.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 18, 2014
Cons: deceitful management practices, no work-life-family balance, "boiler-room" environment.
I was told by the call-center manager at this RBA franchise that I would be paid between $10 and $12/hr. for 40 hours a week. He then scheduled me for 30 hours for the one week that I was on the job. I eventually was paid for 30 hours at $9.00/hr. I also had to sign a non-compete clause, of which I was not informed at the interview. I informed him prior to my being hired that I had family commitments on several Saturdays out of which I could not get out. He refused my request after I was hired. There is no work-life-family balance with this person. There was an abundance of profanities used by the manager and several agents during the course of a routine day. RBA of Rochester's call-center is the stereotypical "boiler-room" call-enter. The manager insists on high-pressure tactics to secure lead with homeowners. When a homeowner says after two or three rebuttals, that's it. I had to cut my losses in this regard on several occasions. The call-center manager threw a fit over this issue, and insisted that brand-protection is crucial. He did not want to listen to any feedback I provided. I was fired after only one week. I have had over 15 years in lead-generation work, with over 10 awards for outstanding work. I was ignored. The owners at this franchise and its call-center manager are behind the times when it comes to sales and lead-generation. Potential customers do not appreciate high-pressure tactics. If I were in management at corporate headquarters in Minnesota, I would seriously consider dropping this business from the RBA franchise portfolio.
Window Company
Event Specialist/Team Leader Canvassing (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 16, 2014
This company is a very good company to work for. They value their employees to a certain extent. I traveled
Just another factory job
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Cottage Grove, MNOctober 4, 2014
Pros: indoor facility
Cons: 15 min to eat you lunch like a dog.
A company that treats employees like idiots. Temp to hire can take +5 years if at all. Don't work here is you enjoy your weekends.
Productive and fun workplace...
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 27, 2014
Cakes, cookies and donuts are served as snacks throughout the day. On the weeks ends we can wear jeans and dress casual other than professional during the week. The hardest part of the job is overcoming rejections in a call center environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting bonus checks, free snacks and sometimes lunch and being around enjoyable people.
Get paid what your worth
Team Leader/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
If your a hard worker then you can make good money here. Get out of it what you are willing to put in.
Excellent
Branch General Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Enjoyed my time with Andersen growing the business which was new to Baltimore.
Strong Personality Environment
Office Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 11, 2014
From beginning to end,it's a constant go. The teams are very strong and high producers as well.
Enjoy working for this company
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
Good place to work. Opportunities for advancement. Enjoy meeting new people and working with the current management. Have learned sales techniques and practice them everyday.
Setting Appointment for Window Relacement Estimates
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 22, 2014
Pros: easy job - customer calling us for the appointments.
Cons: to slow during certain months - work ethics questionable at times.
Take Internet Leads and Incoming calls from customers looking for window replacement estimate - Schedule appointment for representative to provide the free in home consolation. Some cold calling to past customers and past prospective customers to attempt setting appointment to meet with us. Opening and closing of showroom. Working with managers in 6 offices around the surrounding states. Making calls to customers to confirm appointments. Rescheduling appointment when and where needed.
We also take care of leads from customer at Home Shows.
Good
Sales (Former Employee), FiskillJuly 18, 2014
It was a decent job. They just weren't entirely honest about their bonus system.
Entrepreneur type atmosphere
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: autonomous
Cons: lack of structure
Great product for sales. Requires extensive product knowledge. Need to be a self-starter/learner to succeed.
Interesting job, Lack of Good Management
Call Center Associate (Former Employee), Oak Park Heights, MNJune 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses, games, lunches
Cons: starting pay as a temp is lower than it should be. not a very "happy" workplace.
This review is for the Call Center only. I have no opinions on the rest of the company.
You clock in for your shift, get to work making calls, take your breaks. Pretty typical. However you won't be sitting at the same desk everyday, it changes from day to day. Try not to feel replaceable knowing that you are merely a person filling a spot each day.
Some of the management is fine, but most are either unqualified or just lack people skills. Which means you will know you did a good job 95% of the time, but only get followed up with on the 5% that wasn't perfect. Very demoralizing to never get praise or positive feedback. All of the co-workers are easy to get along with. It seems to only be management lacking these people skills.
The hardest part of the job is knowingly calling the same person several times a day, which to be fair, is typical to a call center position.
The best part of the job is the people you work with and the bonuses/games/free lunches.

1 2 3