Renewal Rehab Employee Reviews

Initially, Renewal appeared to live up to the promise. That changed dramatically.
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2018
What started as a great love affair devolved into a cesspool of gossip, rumors, and poor management.
Lack of communication, no reliable means of dissemination of information, and childish behavior in the work place, and management by gossip and rumor ruined it for me.
No review after working there for 2 years, and even if I had received one, no raises. Staff who had been there longer than I, were also ignored for review and raises.
Also, they rely on new grads with no clinical experience with increasingly more medically complex patients.
The most recent debacle was no pay for Christmas, multiple errors on my check when I moved to PRN status, with multiple errors in pay rate. Still no pay for hours worked...plenty of "I will get back to you, but the only thing I require is my wages on pay day.Really? 4 managers in 2 years? I was not the only one impacted by this circumstance. Very disappointing!
Pros
Formerly flexible
Cons
Everyone was a manager, and poor ones at that. Inability to obtain much needed equipment.
Great fun place to work
PTA (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2017
Fun place to work and for and great people to work for was well. Great place to gain experience and learn a lot from the head physical therapists. High energy clinic.
Productive and Fun
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 8, 2017
Great place to work!

A clear vision and identity. ...
Honest leadership.
Provides “flexible” growth for employees. ...
A culture of collaboration. ...
As little politics as possible. ...
Promotes meritocracy. ...
Open communication. ...
Craves honest feedback from its employees.
High turnover in management
Physical Therapist Assistance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2017
Poor management and high turnover, continual gossiping. Strange workplace culture and environment. However, they do employ some talented and ambitious employees who genuinely care for patients.
Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, ILJune 6, 2017
Great place to work as an occupational therapist assistant with solid eight hour days and great therapists that care a lot about each patient. Make your own schedule.
Very flexible and exciting team to work with
PTA (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 16, 2016
This is my first PTA job after passing my board exam and I can't complain. Everyone makes each other feel part of the family and we all work together to achieve one goal. The communication with one another is just amazing and helps the day go a lot smoother. I haven't been around long enough to discuss benefits. The hours are very flexible and appropriate. Productivity is very reasonable and don't see any reason why it can't be met on a daily basis.
Pros
Very flexible with scheduling and amazing communication.
Warning to all therapists!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 19, 2016
This is one of those companies... if you know what I mean. I will not work for this kind of people anymore. Money is the root of all evil.
Pros
Cons
They are in the health care business.
Great company
PRN Therapist (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILJanuary 16, 2016
I worked full time for Renewal for a couple years and can attest they are a great company to work for! They offer competitive salaries, PTO, and other benefits. The scheduling was always flexible which I have discovered to not always be the case with other companies. They care about their employees and will work with you if you ever need assistance with anything.
Great work environment - recommend to all
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Renewal Rehab is a breath of fresh air in the therapy world!

They truly care about their patients and employees and it shows!

Working as a therapist in a skilled nursing facility will always be a challenging position but with Renewal you get the support and tools to do the job the right way.

Productivity targets are lower than most other companies allowing all work to be done properly.

Cost of health premiums for family coverage is very high but they make up for it with other great benefits.
No concern for therapist, only for profit and self-focused managers.
therapist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 2, 2016
This company is only concerned for their management structure,
NOTHING is stated in writing, unless it benefits the managers.

Run and run very fast.
This company is going to be
short-lived due to lack of ethics.

Comment – January 5, 2016

This is very true.
Such a lack of concern
for the non-managerial
serf-like therapists.

Very flexible,
therapist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 26, 2015
This company by far is the best company I had ever worked for. Management is understanding and encourages growth. Renewal is a local company not a big box corporation. I am treated like a professional not just someone to achieve productivity. I contact my therapy friends when a job opportunity opens. All therapy companies have pros and cons , I feel like I contribute in my facility
Pros
In house, good managers, growing company
Cons
Health ins premiums
In house therapy providers offering sense of job security
therapist (Current Employee) –  ILMarch 7, 2015
Having worked in therapy for over 25 years under several companies both in clinical and management roles, Renewal is by far the best company I have worked for. The owner is very approachable and generous and management is always available . I never had to make up days when asked for off and PTO is banked all inclusive, thus if you never call in sick you have an additional week of vacation available. Renewal is a small company with a big heart the difference from the bigger national contracted therapy companies
Pros
management
Cons
non
No room for advancement, management handles issues as a group not individually
Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  chicoga ilSeptember 4, 2014
Management handles issues within department as a group not individually, employees are given several chances when things are wrong, no change is made.
Poor ethics, poor management
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 10, 2013
The best part of this job was working with the residents, who, mostly, were eager to engage in activities that would improve their quality of life. However, this was often overshadowed by the very poor management skills and lack of concern for patient care exhibited by co-workers and higher ups. Feedback is not readily given, despite several requests for such. Other than progress notes and plans of care for residents, nothing is in writing (i.e., policies, expectations, positive and/or constructive feedback). The handbook contains some information, but this is disregarded consistently. There are no paid holidays, either; one must use PTO to be paid for a holiday not worked. If PTO is used or an employee calls in sick, they are very strongly encouraged to 'make up' the time missed over the weekend.
Pros
Reasonable pay, great residents
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renewal Rehab. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9