Date: September 23, 2013
Location: Renewal Surgery Center, 9777 S. Yosemite Street, Suite 210, Lone Tree, CO 80124
Type: Part Time and Per Diem Positions
Shift: Monday-Friday (no-call)
The primary responsibilities of the is position include assisting and supporting the nursing staff in the OR by maintaining adequate levels of sterile instruments and supplies used in rendering patient care.
Performs routine tasks relating to the decontamination, processing, sterilization and distribution of instruments, equipment and sterile supplies. Is responsible for general operating & monitoring of sterilization equipment, and maintaining records in compliance with JCAHO and OSHA standards. Maintains Certification and monitors, instructs and mentors non-certified personnel.
- Cleans, assembles and wraps supplies and instruments using proper techniques and procedures
- Sterilizes supplies and instruments using the prescribed method
- Operates washer/decontaminator per department policy and procedure
- Understands the basic principles of all sterilization equipment used in the department
- Assures cleanliness of decontamination, sterilization, and equipment areas
- Validates the proper functioning of all equipment using established mechanical and biological monitors
- Assures that all storage areas are in compliance with any applicable regulatory guidelines
- Adheres to department procedures and acceptable protocols
- Applies knowledge of the dress code related to Standard Precautions and consistently wears appropriate protective equipment
- Reports any life safety issues, environmental concerns or process deviation to immediate supervisor
- Maintains a customer friendly rapport with peers and internal/ external customers.
- Communicates appropriately and professionally with peers.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Sterile Processing Certification (CSPT) through and accredited agency
- Current CPR Certification
- One year experience in surgical setting
- 2+ years of experience in a surgical setting
- Ambulatory surgery center experience
- Plastic/cosmetic surgery experience
We invite you to consider joining our staff at the Renewal Surgery Center, a newly renovated cosmetic facility designed to redefine the way aesthetic services are delivered. Owned and operated by renowned Colorado Plastic Surgeons. Our objective is to create a soothing environment for our patients’ surgery as well as recovery.